Duke4.net Forums: Shadow Warrior corner - Duke4.net Forums

• 27 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Shadow Warrior corner  "This thread has alotta Wangs! Discussions on Shadow Warrior only."

User is online   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

I had pre-ordered my copy pretty much already on the first day it was possible. Couldn't possibly live without that chainsaw katana. :D Hoping they get these randomly generated levels under control somehow. If it's a bigger version of the first part, I'd be happy already.

PS: I gotta admit I had hoped they would also acquire the Blood IP and create a sequel for that, but by now, I doubt we'll ever live to see that day.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 12 September 2016 - 05:29 AM

User is offline   xenoxols 

I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that there are chainsaw katanas in the regular game. Also, according to the devs the levels are not randomly generated, but certain parts of them are different when you go to that area again. Also, they are not procedural. they are a bunch of pre-made parts of levels.

User is offline   ---- 

View Postxenoxols, on 12 September 2016 - 05:24 AM, said:

I never had any problems with bugs with SW 2013, but that's just my computer.

Same here.

Perhaps he calls some enemies bugs and wants them to get rid of them?

View Postfuegerstef, on 12 September 2016 - 07:04 AM, said:

Same here.

Perhaps he calls some enemies bugs and wants them to get rid of them?

I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic, looking at the emoticon at the end of his first sentence.

User is offline   Mr. Tibbs 

View Postxenoxols, on 12 September 2016 - 05:44 AM, said:

I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that there are chainsaw katanas in the regular game. Also, according to the devs the levels are not randomly generated, but certain parts of them are different when you go to that area again. Also, they are not procedural. they are a bunch of pre-made parts of levels.

Very reassuring to hear!

"The levels are randomized, not procedurally generated. This is not No Wang's Sky. We have total control over how the levels are created. They will be taken from a pre-produced pool, and certain parts will be randomized. For example, you can have the same set up of a level, but in the middle of it there can be a huge castle when you play for the first time. When you play for the second time, there will be, for example, a 100 meter deep mine instead."

• The Truth is in here

I can't remember any FPS that has ever done that. If they get it working, this may turn into a milestone regarding replay value. Will keep my fingers crossed for the guys at Devolver. Thank you for taking a risk!

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

Huh, that's a very popular concept.

View PostDaedolon, on 12 September 2016 - 11:51 PM, said:

Huh, that's a very popular concept.

I figure that NightFright is meaning that it has never be executed successfully in a narrative + co-op context. It's done to death in Rogue-like shooters, but the areas in those games rarely appear this detailed or expansive. It's usually just simple grids that join together that remain tonally consistent.

• The Truth is in here

Exactly. And as far as I could see in the trailers, there is little that would indicate these levels have any kind of randomness involved. I don't expect however that the levels you get have any impact on the story.

User is online   Player Lin 

View Postthemaniacboy, on 12 September 2016 - 07:24 AM, said:

I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic, looking at the emoticon at the end of his first sentence.

Half of sarcastic and half of real, since the new DX11 renderer acting weird (both of my old and new system), V-sync didn't working well, mess slowdown at menus and opening movie, disable V-sync will cause >1000fps and the game is very unstable in opening movie and menu(likely to crash)...I have to use Afterburner/RTSS overlay to force it capped at 60fps to fix it.

And unlike DX9 renderer(1.1.2), the new version's resolution change just useless, I set to 1920x1080 ingame, but due my desktop still at 800x600 so it still use 4:3 to display 1920x1080..., I have to manual change my desktop one to the same one for fix it, even I set ingame's resolution at 1280x1024, it still looks a little blur, I guess it just failed do something...(but in capture video and screenshots are both fine, showed correct resolution, weird)...and it also happens on their Hard Reset Redux too, I hate such mess, give me problems like that and I don't want change my desktop resolution...

Oh, and the game was supported Chinese and Japanese, but not in 1.5.0...and the dev on Steam discussions still ignored and just say go back to play the old 1.1.2 and locked the report thread after a lot of complains...so I still never played the new Zilla fights(even I can, I already lose my intents)...I guess I need to think more before buying the next game from FHW...and I really like SW2 but this mess made me keep re-think about it's worth or not... :D

This post has been edited by Player Lin: 13 September 2016 - 03:52 AM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View PostPlayer Lin, on 13 September 2016 - 03:45 AM, said:

the dev on Steam discussions still ignored and just say go back to play the old 1.1.2 and locked the report thread after a lot of complains

That is pretty disgraceful behaviour...

Even then I don't think it's possible to revert an update?

View PostMicky C, on 13 September 2016 - 03:51 AM, said:

Even then I don't think it's possible to revert an update?

At least that dev didn't f***ed up because the XP mode(which is 1.1.2) still on there. Or I don't think FHW would dare doing that shit. :D

And there is NO any more patches after 1.5.0 released, not even single hotfix-like small patch.

This post has been edited by Player Lin: 13 September 2016 - 04:00 AM

• Honored Donor

At the rate things are going such as with Hard Reset Redux, there'll probably be a remastering of Shadow Warrior soon enough. Perhaps a Shadow Warrior Classic Redux.

User is offline   Lord_Kane 

View PostMicky C, on 13 September 2016 - 04:13 PM, said:

At the rate things are going such as with Hard Reset Redux, there'll probably be a remastering of Shadow Warrior soon enough. Perhaps a Shadow Warrior Classic Redux.

There already is a Shadow Warrior Classic Redux :D

I had an issue in Shadow Warrior 2013 where after walking past Lo Wang's car near what I assume is the end of the first level, nothing happens and I just walked on out onto the road (I guess where the driving cutscene happened before). And I walked down the road for a few minutes until I reached a Looney Tunes style painted flat end of the road. Not sure if intentional weirdness or a bug that I wasn't supposed to go there. :D

This post has been edited by PsychoGoatee: 13 September 2016 - 05:45 PM

User is offline   ---- 

View PostPsychoGoatee, on 13 September 2016 - 05:43 PM, said:

I had an issue in Shadow Warrior 2013 where after walking past Lo Wang's car near what I assume is the end of the first level, nothing happens and I just walked on out onto the road (I guess where the driving cutscene happened before). And I walked down the road for a few minutes until I reached a Looney Tunes style painted flat end of the road. Not sure if intentional weirdness or a bug that I wasn't supposed to go there. :D

It is intetional. The painted flat is on both ends of the road and shows stuff from Hard Reset.

This post has been edited by fuegerstef: 13 September 2016 - 10:37 PM

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View PostLord_Kane, on 13 September 2016 - 04:25 PM, said:

There already is a Shadow Warrior Classic Redux :D

thats_the_joke.jpg

• Honored Donor

View PostHendricks266, on 14 September 2016 - 02:48 PM, said:

thats_the_joke.jpg

Yeah it's a joke, not a very good one but one none the less. I was going to lead into it in a more subtle fashion but was feeling kind of lazy at the time.

View Postfuegerstef, on 13 September 2016 - 10:37 PM, said:

View PostPsychoGoatee, on 13 September 2016 - 05:43 PM, said:

It is intetional. The painted flat is on both ends of the road and shows stuff from Hard Reset.

I love this kind of Easter-eggs, looks like the SW2013 was based in the same world of Hard Reset, but we know they were not related at all. :D

However there are still a lot of "re-used" objects from Hard Reset too, so I don't know...maybe they actually have some sorts of relate...:D

This post has been edited by Player Lin: 14 September 2016 - 10:03 PM

Has anyone else noticed, in the Shadow Warrior Classic: Complete version of Wanton Destruction, that when you do something like swing the sword or fire the Uzi, there's a slight delay between the action and the sound? It's not anything major, but I just started on Wanton Destruction last night, and the delay between doing something and hearing the sound was a bit...odd.

User is offline   Robman 

• Asswhipe [sic]

Did you restart/try again and get the same result?

Possibly try it on a different puter.

This post has been edited by Robman: 16 September 2016 - 01:07 PM

Playing for a few minutes, the delay sort of diminishes as you go....it's not a complete game-breaker.

User is offline   Robman 

• Asswhipe [sic]

Posted Image

Whipped this up in SWPBUILD tonight.

• The Truth is in here

Stan Bush - "Warrior"

Sounds like they got the soundtrack already set up for SW2, and it's spot on. After using "The Touch" in the first game, guess it was only consequent they involved Bush even more now. If the game is only half as good as that track, I am hooked.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 26 September 2016 - 01:51 PM

Shadow Warrior 2 releases in 10 hours. You can access an early cached IGN review (they give it 8.6, different reviewer but the same score the outlet gave the 2013 reboot).

Wang's stupid wisecracks kept me smiling from start to finish, and the variety of melee and ranged combat and the loot that dropped from it was satisfying enough that I came back with friends for more. It's great fun in solo or in co-op, and its small degree of randomization is enough to keep the action fresh for at least a few runs.

User is offline   ---- 

It released 2 hours early.

You can download it now.

See, Gearbox, THIS is the way you release a game. ;)

View Postfuegerstef, on 13 October 2016 - 07:13 AM, said:

It released 2 hours early.

You can download it now.

See, Gearbox, THIS is the way you release a game. ;)

I hate the new protagonist.

The old guy kicking ass will always be my favorate, this new one sucks ass.

User is offline   ---- 

I like the new one. He is different, but not better or worse. ;)

User is offline   HulkNukem 

I wasn't all too interested in this though I knew I'd get it eventually like I did the 2013 game, but the Giantbomb quicklook actually got me really interested.
Will have to finish Mafia 3, Red Dead Revolver PS4 release, PSVR and all the games I have for that, and Warhammer Vermintide with friends before I end up getting it though, I assume by then it'll be on PS4 though

View Postfuegerstef, on 13 October 2016 - 07:34 AM, said:

I like the new one. He is different, but not better or worse. ;)

I allready used this today but he's a.

Share this topic:

• 27 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options