Duke4.net Forums: Shadow Warrior corner - Duke4.net Forums

• 27 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Shadow Warrior corner  "This thread has alotta Wangs! Discussions on Shadow Warrior only."

User is offline   Ninjakitty 

View PostThe Watchtower, on 06 November 2020 - 01:17 AM, said:

Katana might be better than Duke's mighty boot (which is a badly flawed thing in Duke), but I wouldn't put it over the pistol. Pistol is an accurate weapon and a weapon of choice in some situations (ie. against long distance troopers or turrets), especially if you play with autoaim on. Katana's problem is that it doesn't work with some common enemies like coolies or rippers, and even the coloured ninjas can be problem especially if they spread through the map. SW is a much harder game anyway as even the lowest tier enemies are as bad as the enforcers with painful accuracy, Duke had many pushover foes and even midtiers like the commander are not as bad as the SW midtiers like the female ninja or the ripper (especially the brown one). I think SW's uzi and riot gun are just too soft weapons, their accuracy is weak and HP is not high. They wanted us to use a broader selection of weapons more often, but it just made the game more annoying and harder.

The katana and fists are both pretty mighty, you can easily kill rippers with them if you just dodge their scratches which isn't hard. Sometimes I even use the katana on colored ninjas. Obviously it's not meant for coolies, that's kind of the whole idea of them blowing up when they get near you; you're supposed to avoid it. But the surplus of shurikens you get throughout the game work pretty well on them.

Your high accuracy weapons are the railgun, rocket launcher, grenade launcher, and guardian head (and i guess ripper heart...?). If you want accuracy using other weapons then you have to get closer to your enemies and face them like a real ninja with no fear.

Uzi and riot gun have a second firing mode for a reason. Double uzis are for tearing through weak-medium strength enemies (especially coolies and rippers because it pushes them away). Riotgun is for 1-hitting weaker enemies, 2-hitting medium enemies, and 2nd fire mode at close range for all tougher enemies.

User is offline   MetHy 

View PostNinjakitty, on 06 November 2020 - 04:21 AM, said:

Uzi and riot gun have a second firing mode for a reason. Double uzis are for tearing through weak-medium strength enemies (especially coolies and rippers because it pushes them away). Riotgun is for 1-hitting weaker enemies, 2-hitting medium enemies, and 2nd fire mode at close range for all tougher enemies.

Actually the akimbo uzis have some of the highest, if not the highest DPS in the entire game, even when counting the reload time. You can test it against bosses with a visible HP bar. They're highly effective against everything. the only real downside is the small ammo limit.
I don't know why so few players realize that, and Ion Fury has a similar case with its akimbo SMGs, the only thing that makes it weaker than the minigun in the long run is the reload time.

User is offline   necroslut 

View PostThe Watchtower, on 06 November 2020 - 01:17 AM, said:

Katana might be better than Duke's mighty boot (which is a badly flawed thing in Duke), but I wouldn't put it over the pistol. Pistol is an accurate weapon and a weapon of choice in some situations (ie. against long distance troopers or turrets), especially if you play with autoaim on. Katana's problem is that it doesn't work with some common enemies like coolies or rippers, and even the coloured ninjas can be problem especially if they spread through the map. SW is a much harder game anyway as even the lowest tier enemies are as bad as the enforcers with painful accuracy, Duke had many pushover foes and even midtiers like the commander are not as bad as the SW midtiers like the female ninja or the ripper (especially the brown one). I think SW's uzi and riot gun are just too soft weapons, their accuracy is weak and HP is not high. They wanted us to use a broader selection of weapons more often, but it just made the game more annoying and harder.

Duke's pistol is good, but only as long as you've got ammo for it. If you only have the pistol and have to take out pigcops, enforcers or octabrains you'll run dry very quickly. In SW you can take out most enemies with the swords or fists if you're careful (and there's not too many of them), saving shurikens for the suiciders.

User is offline   NNC 

View PostNinjakitty, on 06 November 2020 - 04:21 AM, said:

The katana and fists are both pretty mighty, you can easily kill rippers with them if you just dodge their scratches which isn't hard. Sometimes I even use the katana on colored ninjas. Obviously it's not meant for coolies, that's kind of the whole idea of them blowing up when they get near you; you're supposed to avoid it. But the surplus of shurikens you get throughout the game work pretty well on them.

Your high accuracy weapons are the railgun, rocket launcher, grenade launcher, and guardian head (and i guess ripper heart...?). If you want accuracy using other weapons then you have to get closer to your enemies and face them like a real ninja with no fear.

Maybe it's my problem, but I rarely choose melee attack in any FPS game as I never feel safe. It can work on coloured ninjas if they are alone in a corridor, but when you have 5 of them in the area (especially the orange ones), it's a suicide to use melee. Also against ripper, yes, 1 vs 1 is fine, but when you are meeting with multiple brown ones with hornet support, that's different. The secondary fire modes are my usual choice for both the riot gun and the uzi, but riot uses ammo pretty quickly (and I tend to use it even when it's not necessary) and I don't like uzi's lack of accuracy. Of course that doesn't mean the game is not playable, I beat it on WWSW (UV) multiple times, it's just much harder than Duke for me, or didn't play the game enough to learn all the needed tricks to perfect it. Btw. my favourite weapons are the railgun and the grenade launcher. In Wanton there were some levels that can be played with grenade launcher as the main weapon of choice.

This post has been edited by The Watchtower: 06 November 2020 - 07:24 AM

User is offline   jkas789 

I think you need a bit more play time watch tower. The sword is a pretty mighty weapon all things considered. If you stay low and attack fast you can pretty much clear a room of evil ninjas and hosts pretty quickly. It does involve some trial and error though. The same goes for the punches as well. They are very valid weapons that help you conserve ammo on the later half of the game were ammo is scarce at times.

Personally my favorite levels are:

-All of Enter the Wang.
-Zilla's Villa
-Raiders of the Lost Wang
-Bath House
-Auto Maul
-Floating Fortress
-Water Torture

Edit: I'm currently playing through Shadow Warrior 2013 and I have a lot of thoughts and emotions about it as an avid SW fan. I think I'll post in this threads my thoughts about it once I finish it.

This post has been edited by jkas789: 06 November 2020 - 09:46 AM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

View PostMetHy, on 06 November 2020 - 05:01 AM, said:

I don't know why so few players realize that, and Ion Fury has a similar case with its akimbo SMGs, the only thing that makes it weaker than the minigun in the long run is the reload time.

The problem with Ion Fury's SMG is that it feels weak. It's similar to the problem in Enemy Territory where players perceived the MP40 as being weaker than the Tommy Gun even though they were literally the same stats.

User is offline   SonicB00M 

View PostJimmy, on 06 November 2020 - 04:18 PM, said:

The problem with Ion Fury's SMG is that it feels weak. It's similar to the problem in Enemy Territory where players perceived the MP40 as being weaker than the Tommy Gun even though they were literally the same stats.

My opinion to this day is, that the perceived weakness is because of the flame effects, which kind of 'drop' to the floor after hitting an enemy, creating the feeling that your bullets didn't penetrate your target. If someone can mod these out, the SMGs would feel so much more impactful.

Here is a tiles.cfg I made for Mapster32. It separates tiles into various categories like brick, doors, gore, etc. This makes finding the right textures/sprites much, much quicker.

Download

Recently a port of Jonof's Shadow Warrior was released on PSVita. Here are some pictures of it running on the psvita:

Attached File  image0.jpg (1.78MB)
Number of downloads: 9

Attached File  image1.jpg (2.08MB)
Number of downloads: 16

I'm happy to say it works well, although it definitely gains from overclocking the Vita. Also it is Jonof so the controller is kinda jank at times.

It does the job and it is good enough for me at least, so I'm quite happy with it.

User is offline   Outtagum 

Release date for SW3 is March 1st.

Also, they replaced Lo Wang's voice actor (Jason Liebrecht).

https://www.pcgamer....ce-for-lo-wang/

"Since rebooting the Shadow Warrior franchise, Flying Wild Hog and Devolver Digital have aimed to modernize the series, and part of that is correcting our mistake of casting a voice actor inconsistent with the hero Lo Wang’s cultural background."

:rolleyes: New guy sounds lame.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

They changed it AGAIN? I'm so tired of developers doing this. Skunkape also changed the voice of Bosco in the new remasters of the Telltale Sam & Max games and he sucks too. This stuff makes me not want to buy your games. I suppose they're willing to sacrifice my money for that of people who care about this stupidity though.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 02 February 2022 - 07:51 AM

User is offline   Player Lin 

As an Asian...I don't have problems with the VA's an Asian or not(even the classic one was weird for reasons but...I didn't cared much).
But I guess not all of us agreed that, also, some asses that never be the "target" also did such complains that I just feel "no sense". I meant, what the hell, you people not even the damn "target" at all, why doing the complaints "for us"... <_<

But "changing VA again" is not really my main reason that made me still thinking about should I buy or wait on sale...It's the gameplay that made me feel not too interested on that game...but I could be wrong until it released/I actually played the game. :unsure:

This post has been edited by Player Lin: 02 February 2022 - 08:04 AM

User is offline   Ninety-Six 

View PostPlayer Lin, on 02 February 2022 - 08:03 AM, said:

I meant, what the hell, you people not even the damn "target" at all, why doing the complaints "for us"... <_<

Welcome to the modern world, where all these white occupy-starbucks losers will tell you "lesser people" when to get offended, because you're too stupid to know that yourself, and if you refuse, well don't you worry let us intelligent white folk get angry for you because obviously you've been brainwashed!

we got ur bak fam *wink* *tips fedora* *respectful nod* *writes long angry rant about the unpopular perception of pumpkin spice lattes*

I agree with Player Lin. The game looks too much like Doom Eternal IMO.

Also I don’t know if it at all in the forums but John William Galt passed away.

Between that and fucking nu SW I don’t want to live on this planet anymore .

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

It looks like it's probably fun, but I hate the direction this series has taken so much. The first game was so good, then the second was a major step back, and while this looks like a step forward it's still the wrong direction I think.

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

View PostOuttagum, on 02 February 2022 - 12:01 AM, said:

Release date for SW3 is March 1st.

Also, they replaced Lo Wang's voice actor (Jason Liebrecht).

https://www.pcgamer....ce-for-lo-wang/

"Since rebooting the Shadow Warrior franchise, Flying Wild Hog and Devolver Digital have aimed to modernize the series, and part of that is correcting our mistake of casting a voice actor inconsistent with the hero Lo Wang’s cultural background."

:rolleyes: New guy sounds lame.

Guess we better remake Die hard. The terrorists all need to be actual Germans, especially that insensitive prick Alan Rickman. He's known to be English and here he is PLAYING A GERMAN. Like, how insensitive.

It's not like these are actors playing roles.

User is offline   gemeaux333 

Shadow Warrior 3 is a crossover of Duke Nukem, Serious Sam, Doom Eternal and Bulletstorm for the gameplay
for the plot, for the game that last 6 hours, it can be summarised as this :

This post has been edited by gemeaux333: 20 March 2022 - 10:15 AM

User is offline   gemeaux333 

have you played Shadow Warrior 3 lately ?

Share this topic:

• 27 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options