Duke4.net Forums: Shadow Warrior corner - Duke4.net Forums

• 27 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Shadow Warrior corner  "This thread has alotta Wangs! Discussions on Shadow Warrior only."

User is offline   Mr. Tibbs 

Yep. No one could dislike the man responsible for Fork Parker!

Edit: 12 minutes of new gameplay footage showing off cyber-ninjas!.

This post has been edited by Mr. Tibbs: 18 August 2016 - 01:15 PM

User is offline   xMobilemux 

View PostMr. Tibbs, on 18 August 2016 - 03:27 AM, said:

THAT FUCKING KILL AT 3:54!!!!

The only way this game could arouse me more is if Harley Quinn showed up and started pole dancing!!!

View PostMr. Tibbs, on 18 August 2016 - 03:27 AM, said:

I haven't been this hard in a while.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

The enemy damage procedural generation has yet to impress me. Nothing really seems to happen until they actually die, and even then, it's covered up by so many particle effects that you can't actually see it in action.

User is offline   HulkNukem 

It'll probably only be noticeable if you can do it to already dead bodies, ala Soldier of Fortune 1 and 2

I think it's something you only really notice when playing the actual game (you won't have moments of "I cut his left shoulder, not his right!"), because yeah it does seem pretty subtle

• Honored Donor

I'm still pretty bummed out that when you do a vertical sword attack in the original that should slice the enemy in half, their head was simply knocked off and remained a whole head. Hopefully this will fix that.

User is offline   Richard Shead 

• "Dick Nasty"

View PostHulkNukem, on 19 August 2016 - 11:18 AM, said:

It'll probably only be noticeable if you can do it to already dead bodies, ala Soldier of Fortune 1 and 2

You can. In this early access video, the guy wonders aloud as to whether or not that is possible and soon finds the answer to be affirmative. :P

I'm not sure of the exact timestamp, but I think it's somewhere in the first quarter.

Maybe on odd pet peeve, but I'm not into the iron sight aiming, gives it a CoD kinda feel, not my thing. I like how DNF and Doom 2016 don't use iron sights, but let you zoom with various weapons etc (DNF just having a zoom button in general). Overwatch too.

I can get used to games with iron sight view, just not my favorite thing. And I'm also not sold on the level design, or lack of level design what with the randomly put together pieces or what have you. But I dig any new indie shooter being out there, just not fully on board with the design choices of this one. Plus I'd prefer it had more in common with the original one.

This post has been edited by PsychoGoatee: 22 August 2016 - 07:58 PM

• Honored Donor

By original do you mean SW 2013 or 1997?

And the level design in the 2013 one wasn't that great, at least in the 2nd half of the game. If SW2 is more open and less linear, surely that can only be a good thing? I'm under the impression that the level chunks they stick together are quite large, which leaves enough room for the individual sections to have good level design. Time will tell.

Something I'm excited about is the apparent ability to sneak past enemies. A big flaw of SW1 was how it locked you in a room with bullet-sponge enemies until you killed them all, which could be frustrating and repetitive. Choosing your battles gives it more variety. Plus, you could avoid enemies in the 1997 version if you wanted. Basically more freedom = good.

View PostMicky C, on 23 August 2016 - 01:34 PM, said:

By original do you mean SW 2013 or 1997?

And the level design in the 2013 one wasn't that great, at least in the 2nd half of the game. If SW2 is more open and less linear, surely that can only be a good thing? I'm under the impression that the level chunks they stick together are quite large, which leaves enough room for the individual sections to have good level design. Time will tell.

Something I'm excited about is the apparent ability to sneak past enemies. A big flaw of SW1 was how it locked you in a room with bullet-sponge enemies until you killed them all, which could be frustrating and repetitive. Choosing your battles gives it more variety. Plus, you could avoid enemies in the 1997 version if you wanted. Basically more freedom = good.

I mean 97. Large and open to me just means Crysis 2 and 3 style level design from the looks of it. Wandering across open fields and big rooms etc. Being open doesn't necessarily mean interesting, and being interchangeable in chunks to me doesn't imply great level design. I don't think the previous new one had great level design either. Just pointing out some aspects from the original I'd like, and stuff I'm not that into about choices they made here.

This post has been edited by PsychoGoatee: 23 August 2016 - 04:15 PM

User is offline   Striker 

• Auramancer

View PostMicky C, on 19 August 2016 - 07:43 AM, said:

The enemy damage procedural generation has yet to impress me. Nothing really seems to happen until they actually die, and even then, it's covered up by so many particle effects that you can't actually see it in action.

I've seen a few impressive dismemberments as a result of it in the older trailer, albeit fleeting since the player is moving fast and doesn't take a good look at the carnage.

Though, there's a decent kill at 8:25 in that trailer.

EDIT: And 9:44.

EDIT 2: And twice at 11:57. Best one so far.

This post has been edited by Striker: 29 August 2016 - 06:35 PM

User is offline   Mr. Tibbs 

Shadow Warrior 2 is releasing October 13! Steam page has pre-orders.

Edit.
Some new gameplay showing off a boss fight:

This post has been edited by Mr. Tibbs: 01 September 2016 - 11:00 PM

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

Looks like they're limiting off content in the game for people who can physically attend conventions in the US. Sad that they are still doing that.

User is offline   MetHy 

Cool thing is, the game is not very expensive and the minimum specs requirements aren't very high. I'm even in the recommended specs.
Doom was almost twice as expensive and the minimum specs requirements were much higer.

Edit : that's weird. When I launch the steam page in my browser, it says -10% off. But when I launch it through Steam, it says -20% off. I wonder if it's because I have the first game.

This post has been edited by MetHy: 02 September 2016 - 01:09 AM

• Honored Donor

It's hard to tell, but is that trailer made within the game engine? If so, I'm impressed by how the gravel on the path is being knocked around as he drags the body.

User is offline   Jblade 

View PostMetHy, on 02 September 2016 - 01:06 AM, said:

Cool thing is, the game is not very expensive and the minimum specs requirements aren't very high. I'm even in the recommended specs.
Doom was almost twice as expensive and the minimum specs requirements were much higer.

Edit : that's weird. When I launch the steam page in my browser, it says -10% off. But when I launch it through Steam, it says -20% off. I wonder if it's because I have the first game.

heh heh, I was just literally about to post about this myself - it has to be because of that I guess, 20% is a really good deal so I grabbed the special edition.

Shadow Warrior 2 is now available for pre-order on GOG.com.

https://www.gog.com/...hadow_warrior_2

Also Shadow Warrior Classic Redux is now available on GOG.com.

https://www.gog.com/...r_classic_redux

User is offline   ---- 

Preordered, and hoping that it is as good as the first, especially as I don't plan to play coop.

User is offline   termit 

• General Arcade

Btw, Shadow Warrior Classic Complete is free on GOG: https://www.gog.com/...arrior_complete

User is offline   MrFlibble 

View Posttermit, on 02 September 2016 - 09:10 AM, said:

Btw, Shadow Warrior Classic Complete is free on GOG: https://www.gog.com/...arrior_complete

Is that a temporary giveaway or permanent?

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Snagged it. Finally have the expansions now.

User is offline   Lord_Kane 

Is Hendrick's build of SWP stable enough to play now? did he fix that save game corruption issue? I am kinda sick of Redux's issues and am willing to turn to Dosbox, but am wondering if SWP is usable or should I just stick with Redux?

User is online   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

I am sure if there was any really usable build, they would have mentioned it by now. :D Anyway, gotta admit that my fingers are also itching to get SW running without DosBox or Redux. We all know that the Kung Fu of the EDuke32 team is the best. ^^

This post has been edited by NightFright: 07 September 2016 - 05:24 AM

View PostMrFlibble, on 03 September 2016 - 03:50 AM, said:

Is that a temporary giveaway or permanent?

Seeing as how it's four days later and still free.....eh, it could go either way, but I snagged it a few minutes ago.

Did they fix the boss fight in Wanton Destruction?

User is offline   Lord_Kane 

View PostMajor Tom, on 07 September 2016 - 06:17 AM, said:

Seeing as how it's four days later and still free.....eh, it could go either way, but I snagged it a few minutes ago.

Did they fix the boss fight in Wanton Destruction?

No, but SCPM of the GOG Forums has a fixed version he made himself:
Here

View PostLord_Kane, on 07 September 2016 - 06:24 AM, said:

No, but SCPM of the GOG Forums has a fixed version he made himself:
Here

VERY nice. Thanks for the link!

How many are going to buy the new SW2?
I am thinking of getting it for PS4 since my PC only has a GTX 560 TI and that is the min. specs.. :/

User is offline   Player Lin 

I would buy after they release the new, fixed version of SW 2013, that shit is so buggy as hell. :D

Well, actually I would buy SW2 for sure(I have new computer with GTX 1060 for playing new games), but not at its current priceI want punish the devs. :D nah, just don't have time to play it... :\

User is offline   xenoxols 

I pre-ordered it. I probably shouldn't have but the lowered price convinced me. I never had any problems with bugs with SW 2013, but that's just my computer.

Share this topic:

• 27 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options