Duke4.net Forums: Shadow Warrior corner - Duke4.net Forums

• 27 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Shadow Warrior corner  "This thread has alotta Wangs! Discussions on Shadow Warrior only."

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

Micky C, on 16 August 2018 - 02:50 PM, said:

He mentioned a lot more Blood stuff than Duke.... on a Duke forum

calm down

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Forge: 16 August 2018 - 06:13 PM

User is offline   Mr. Tibbs 

User is offline   Player Lin 

I lol'ed so hard when he just punches Zilla and nearly kills him after used smoke gas.

And I never know about how smoke gas works until now... :rolleyes:

User is offline   ---- 

Does anybody still have the versions of the Twin-Dragon Maps with the mines removed.

I had a system crash, these maps are gone for me and the link where to download them is dead. :(

I play them in Redux where the mines are broken.

Thanks in advance. :)

User is offline   Jim 

fuegerstef, on 11 December 2018 - 12:21 AM, said:

Does anybody still have the versions of the Twin-Dragon Maps with the mines removed.

I had a system crash, these maps are gone for me and the link where to download them is dead. :(

I play them in Redux where the mines are broken.

Thanks in advance. :)

Here you go:

https://www.dropbox....ssmaps.zip?dl=0

User is offline   ---- 

Thanks a lot. :)

User is offline   Jim 

maps with mines removed here:
https://www.dropbox....4DOZER.zip?dl=0
https://www.dropbox....ssmaps.zip?dl=0
https://www.dropbox....t3z/WD.zip?dl=0

User is offline   MrFlibble 

I've just been browsing the Wayback Machine again and found (in this preview) a pre-release screenshot of SW that doesn't seem familiar:
Posted Image

User is offline   Ninjakitty 

Appears to be Alpha of November 1996. I definitely recognise the boat as the one that's in the final game, but I don't know if that alpha specifically has that level because I never played all the way through it. However, this alpha does have the hooded wang + final hud combination.

Anyone here know a bit about encryption? Trying to reach some nice renders on a "Unlock The Secrets" Shadow Warrior disc, but they're in this weird .r95 file that Winrar seems to think is corrupted (but it's not, the disc works fine).

User is offline   MrFlibble 

Have you tried Universal Extractor?

MrFlibble, on 03 August 2019 - 12:38 PM, said:

Have you tried Universal Extractor?

Tried it, it said it couldn't extract, "Filetype returned was: Microsoft Visual C++ DLL Method 2"
I was able to extract it with 7zip (which told me it wasn't an archive, and was actually a portable executable), so now I've got this:
Posted Image
I believe these are the headings of a PE, though I don't know PEs well at all

But, as far as I know, PEs are only used to store code, maybe fonts, but not full images. It all just looks like a jumble of precompiled computer code with a few constants if I open it up in a PE viewer or notepad.

Ok so ignore what I said before, there's no way the images could've been stored inside the PE, the file size is way too small. I'm pretty sure they're all in this MPL file: https://www.dropbox..../GW_SW.MPL?dl=0
I'm pretty sure MPL files usually only make a playlist with references to media, not store the actual media themselves, but this MPL file is the only thing big enough to hold a lotta images.

I have literally no idea how to extract the files. I tried using a hex editor to find the header of a .PICT file, but there was always something off about the header (or the file end byte would be way too soon) that made the whole .PICT file completely invalid. Tried using multi extract, no luck there. Binwalk found some weird generic data files, but it wouldn't extract them no matter what I did, so I assume those were false positives. The image files might be compressed, which makes them a lot harder to get.

User is offline   Kyanos 

Any .mts files, they should be the images, the .mpl is a playlist.

I don't know anything about this other than reading GW_SW.MPL in hex and some quick googling "scenestream .mpl"
https://www.lifewire...pl-file-2622037

There are no mts files though the MPL has many references to .pict files (well, it only has the name of the .pict files, doesn't say where they're stored)

This post has been edited by Ninjakitty: 06 August 2019 - 04:45 PM

User is offline   Kyanos 

I found the zip, it does appear the .mpl file has more to it than the lists, it's definitely big enough.
I got hung up trying to get win95 in dosbox to see if any of the exe files could help. Too much of a pain in the ass for me tonight.

Don't think you can do that in dosbox, pretty sure it doesn't have write permission by default or the capability to run a whole OS. Maybe you could try Pcem or something?

User is offline   Kyanos 

Shadow Warrior-Unlock the Secrets (archive.org) ((not a direct download link))

I didn't know that about write abilities, thanks for saving me a ton of trouble. I've never had to run win '95 but have needed 3.1 once or twice even can boot this pc into it from USB. The exes said to try 3.1 or higher to run, not DOS compatible, so maybe I can get them to do something in that this weekend.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Ninjakitty, on 08 August 2019 - 01:59 PM, said:

Don't think you can do that in dosbox, pretty sure it doesn't have write permission by default or the capability to run a whole OS. Maybe you could try Pcem or something?

I know someone who's gotten Win95 to work in DOSBox. I don't know how they went about it though. But I've seen screenshots. It's definitely possible.

Got a working Windows Me machine here with the possibility to mount the bin/cue combination. Should run Windows 95 executables. Maybe that will help?

I can check out the files, if you want.

Dunno why there's a bin or cue image, wouldn't it be easier to mount an iso? I've got the disk right here and I've got it running in PCem Win95.
Posted Image

These renders seems to be slightly higher resolution than most of the renders we have (a little higher res than some that look very similar but with background removed). The coolie's shirt also doesn't have any weird clipping going on.
I can easily just screenshot the renders from here, but I wonder if maybe the images are actually a little higher res and just downsized to fit in the window...? (then again, they might not be and this might be a waste of time)

Here's what the files on the disc look like:
Posted Image

• The Sarien Encounter

It's BIN/CUE because Shadow Warrior has CD audio tracks. ISO format doesn't support CD audio tracks.

But there's no cd audio tracks on this disc...? I thought there mightve been hidden data on the disk or something, so I took the visible files out of the disk and into a folder in Pcem. It ran exactly the same. It's got a whole lotta Avi files, but the sound and picture files are nowhere to be seen, probably in the MPL file

• The Sarien Encounter

Yeah, there is. Redbook CD audio tracks don't appear as files in the file structure portion of the disc. It's a "mixed-mode" format so the music is on the second instance which explorer can't read (data track is track 1 and music is on all the following tracks), but a CD player software or an ISO reader (like UltraISO) can. They're there. Duke3D Atomic also has a CD audio track on it. Same with Blood, some Hexen CDs, Descent 2, Star Wars Jedi Knight, and tons of others.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 09 August 2019 - 10:02 AM

But this isn't an actual SW game disk, which would have a soundtrack. This is the Unlock The Secrets disc. I know what Redbook audio is, but I don't know why this disc would use it. The disc runs the exact same when you just take the files out of the CD and run them seperately (without disc), meaning there couldn't possibly be any Redbook audio on the disc required for the program to run. Idk, I'm a little confused by this. Maybe it's just the menu music...? I probably wouldn't have noticed if the title music actually was missing when I ran the program seperate from the disk.

• The Sarien Encounter

Ohh. My mistake. Excuse my jumping into the conversation without properly reading.

However, I believe a simple ISO image is the most basic representation of a disc (actually, a single track) and that BIN/CUE is more accurate and thorough in terms of duplicating not only the file contents but the arrangement of sessions and whatnot. That was my longstanding impression anyway. I could be wrong on that. But I do know that converting from BIN/CUE to other formats (like ISO) results in loss of data. I consider BIN/CUE the lossless "FLAC" or "WAV" to ISO's lossy "MP3" or "OGG."

The files on the Internet Archive are in bin/cue format. That's why I started to talk about mounting that type of files. The CUE file on the Internet Archive contains just a single data track. No idea why they used a bin/cue combination on that site. A ISO file had done the trick as well. :dukecigar:

Used the link posted by Photonic. It points to the files on the Internet Archive.

This post has been edited by Little Tijn: 09 August 2019 - 12:45 PM

• The Sarien Encounter

Yeah I see it now. Like I said, I think BIN/CUE is a more complete format and representation of a disc than just an ISO is. Even for a single data track disc.

Ahh, oke that makes sense.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Yeah, a BIN/CUE will create a perfect copy of the disc, including things like copy protection and other little details. ISOs are more like ZIP files in that it mostly contains the contents and very few of the attributes.

Share this topic:

• 27 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options