Duke4.net Forums: Redneck Rampage corner - Duke4.net Forums

• 5 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Redneck Rampage corner  "Discussions a/b this overlooked Build powered game."

User is offline   HulkNukem 

View PostSledgehammer, on 08 January 2017 - 10:37 AM, said:

Regardless, never thought that it would be actual sequel to the original game, but who knows, maybe the reason it wasn't supposed to be a sequel is because of ZeniMax just like in case of reboot, the company which constantly fucked with the devs so they could buy them out for nothing like the rest of the guys

Won't argue that one bit
I liked the original Prey a lot; Prey 2 looked fun too, and the new one also looks really fun as well. I'd still like Prey 2 to see the light of day of course

This post has been edited by HulkNukem: 08 January 2017 - 12:58 PM

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

At least Prey 2 was going to have the courtesy of remaining within the same universe as Prey.

User is offline   HulkNukem 

You must really not like the new Prey/the situation

• The Sarien Encounter

It's the principle of it. I have similar (yet more severe) reasons for detesting and boycotting Telltale.

User is offline   Sledgehammer 

• Once you start doubting, there's no end to it

Yeah, sorry for my terrible English, fixed it.

Also, don't you mean Arkane (or better to say ZeniMax), different companies, Telltale has nothing to do with ZeniMax even.

This post has been edited by Sledgehammer: 09 January 2017 - 05:38 AM

• The Sarien Encounter

No, I know they're unrelated. I'm saying I have separate but equally principled reasons for boycotting Telltale as I do the new Prey.

User is offline   Player Lin 

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 09 January 2017 - 08:17 AM, said:

No, I know they're unrelated. I'm saying I have separate but equally principled reasons for boycotting Telltale as I do the new Prey.

I agree, Arkane's Prey does good for sure but only on its own(let's hope Arkane don't make this one lazy PC port too :D), and since this is not the Prey we already know then I already lose a lot of interests on that game...

I'm still pissed off about ZeniMax/Bethesda Softworks about no re-release or do something on the original Prey. :lol:

This post has been edited by Player Lin: 09 January 2017 - 09:00 AM

It's a shame that they don't want to make actual new IP instead of using Prey, especially after what ZeniMax did with Prey 2 and its developers and that's why I will never bother with this game at all.

You know too well they fuck up PC version just like always, why wouldn't they if stupid idiots will buy it anyway.

But I bet they'll re-release the old game (maybe even include it as a bonus for pre-order) or more likely they "remaster" it for consoles and then port this version to PC with shitton of bugs. That's what happened to Skyrim remaster IIRC (or with Bioshock games if we speak about non ZeniMax games). It would be foolish to lose such opportunity when they could just add some lighting effects to the game and call it a day, especially when fans of original Prey don't want to buy this reboot, there are many people who's boycotting this release.

• The Sarien Encounter

Skyrim Remastered runs alright.

Right now maybe. But it was a big mess on release. They released plenty of patches which I believe don't fix old bugs.

• The Sarien Encounter

I installed it day one. Played it a week later. I never had any problems. I never heard of anything either. The original, yes. But not Remastered.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 09 January 2017 - 12:11 PM

View PostSledgehammer, on 09 January 2017 - 11:51 AM, said:

Right now maybe. But it was a big mess on release. They released plenty of patches which I believe don't fix old bugs.

I don't even have feel about those patches at all...the game runs totally fine for me. But I still play Oldrim since I still haven't complete any of DLC main quest yet, after played 966 hours of total game time. lol

And about old bugs, I'm sure the Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch still needed for that. But I don't care BGS's lazy shit on that part, since the modding potentiality part just covered that shit already for me. :lol:

This post has been edited by Player Lin: 10 January 2017 - 02:43 AM

Guys. This is the Redneck Rampage corner not the Prey corner. Stay on topic of Redneck Rampage related discussions. Discuss more Prey here: https://forums.duke4...opic/8224-prey/

Or here: https://forums.duke4...d-on-june-12th/

This post has been edited by DustFalcon85: 10 January 2017 - 06:14 AM

• The Sarien Encounter

Sorry to derail your thread, DustFalcon.

Has anyone been playing eRampage for a longer period of time recently? I remember it being a buggy mess a few years ago, but it seems things got improved?

User is offline   Mark 

According to people that pay attention to details there are still many bugs with eRampage. All I know is its fun to play as-is. Nobody has updated anything in it for the last few years that I know of.

Shame nobody love it enough to ever keep fixing that poor port. :lol:

Is there a nice list of all the bugs collected in one place? That might help if someone wanted to try and go about fixing them.

It looks like Interplay is attempting to outdo the terribleness of their Steam Redneck Rampage release with their upcoming Redneck Rampage Rides Again release:
http://store.steampo...ge_Rides_Again/

User is offline   LkMax 

I was not sure what you were talking about so I've read the RR reviews on the Steam page. It seems that the Steam version has problems that the GOG version does not (no music, launching problems, etc). I don't know why they don't use the same version on Steam but this game deserves better treatment, after all it's one of "The Great Four" of build engine (soon to be The Great Five, eh Voidpoint?).

User is offline   Master O 

So did anything ever come from asking Interplay about RR's source code?

View PostMaster O, on 28 May 2017 - 08:56 AM, said:

So did anything ever come from asking Interplay about RR's source code?

This.

View PostMarphy Black, on 27 May 2017 - 10:48 AM, said:

It looks like Interplay is attempting to outdo the terribleness of their Steam Redneck Rampage release with their upcoming Redneck Rampage Rides Again release:
http://store.steampo...ge_Rides_Again/

I don't know why they waste releases of old games on Steam. God forbid them releasing a 20-year-old game on GOG without DRM.

Same principle applies to Bethesda keeping Doom and Quake exclusively on Steam for a while when all you had to do to "pirate" them was nick the WAD/id1 folder and use it with your source port of choice.

This post has been edited by Duke of Hazzard: 09 June 2017 - 04:44 AM

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

I'm hoping that we get a decent way to play the game. DOSbox is driving me banannas. if you tab out to anything else, it's screwed, barstool to set up, etc. etc. It would actually be easier to get a 'real' DOS PC and run it on that.

• The Sarien Encounter

Attempting to DRM DOS games is an exceptionally amusing spectacle.

View PostDuke of Hazzard, on 09 June 2017 - 04:43 AM, said:

I don't know why they waste releases of old games on Steam. God forbid them releasing a 20-year-old game on GOG without DRM.

Same principle applies to Bethesda keeping Doom and Quake exclusively on Steam for a while when all you had to do to "pirate" them was nick the WAD/id1 folder and use it with your source port of choice.

None of the Steam releases of the games you listed include any DRM.

User is offline   Tekedon 

Maybe something similar could be done with RR what M210 is doing with Blood GDX?

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

Theoretically yes, but you have to go and do it.

Actually, would you be able to 'mod' it to run RR rather than the Blood assets?

I started reverse engineering RR last year, doing something similar - 'diffing' between redneck rampages exe and Duke3Ds to help isolate the changes.

I made reasonable progress but I need to get off my arse and get back working on it!

User is offline   Mark 

I'm going to assume you know about ERampage but for whatever reasons would rather start from scratch. I'm no code tech but it sure seems that it would be way less to do finishing ERampage. Unless of course its an undocumented jumble of code.

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options