Duke4.net Forums: Redneck Rampage corner - Duke4.net Forums

Hide message Show message
Welcome to the Duke4.net Forums!

Register an account now to get access to all board features. After you've registered and logged in, you'll be able to create topics, post replies, send and receive private messages, disable the viewing of ads and more!

• 5 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Redneck Rampage corner  "Discussions a/b this overlooked Build powered game."

User is online   Phredreeke 

OINK!

Personally I like the Route 66 levels, Though they may have somewhat abundant item placemen making them a bit too easy (something it shares with Sunstorm's Blood add-on Cryptic Passage)

User is online   MetHy 

Hang-lip, on 08 September 2018 - 05:15 PM, said:

Route 66 levels suck grit, it makes my eyes hurt.

I know what you mean, for some reasons most of everything in that add-on is very bright. Maybe try lowering brightness?

I REALLY can't stand House of Ill Repute with its lazy flat layout, uninspired theme, and dozens of Vixens placed in "fuck you" manners, but otherwise I think all other maps range from good to great.

You can really feel the Sunstorm spirit in some maps, and Travis' influence. A good example of that would be Jakes Gator Farm And Carnival Of Terror, the first map, and the way it handles secrets.

Brewery, Slaughter House and Hoover Dam are definitely the high points. I find Hoover Dam and its tricks fascinating, especially considering that, someone correct me if I'm wrong, Broussard already wanted a Hoover Dam level for DNF by that time.

Phredreeke, on 09 September 2018 - 06:04 AM, said:

OINK!

Personally I like the Route 66 levels, Though they may have somewhat abundant item placemen making them a bit too easy (something it shares with Sunstorm's Blood add-on Cryptic Passage)

Try pistol start on skill4/5. The maps play fine that way. Cryptic Passage is even more guilty of that, even on pitchfork start there is way too much of everything.

This post has been edited by MetHy: 09 September 2018 - 06:43 AM

User is offline   Hang-lip 

Ok I was quick to judge route 66 maps there ok.

The texture work isn't the best, like floor textures used as wall textures, textures not aligned. These things glare at me.

User is online   Phredreeke 

I've done some editing of the posters in Redneck Rampage. While normally, I'm working with a low res source being upscaled, this time my task was quite different.

Posted Image

I've first resized the images to approximately the same size (in this case, I actually resized the original poster UP), I then overlaid an upscale of the in-game poster (not seen in this picture)

Then, I used mesh warp to distort the original similar to the in-game poster. Then I took copies of both, and subtracted the distorted original from the in-game poster, the resulting image was then heavily smoothed and blurred then added back onto the original.

This post has been edited by Phredreeke: 30 September 2018 - 01:33 PM

User is offline   AlexeyM 

Greetings. (I apologize in advance for my English - because I own it badly, I myself am from Russia). Since June 2018 I have been doing the first level remaster in the Redneck Rampage game on the UE 4 engine. I plan to complete the development at the beginning of 2019. That's what is at the moment (there is no sound in the video, but everything works fine in the game itself):

User is offline   Perro Seco 

That's very impressive! I really like all those new effects, and the sprites still look very good despite being 2D images. Will you remake more levels or only the first one?

Posted Image

User is offline   AlexeyM 

View PostPerro Seco, on 02 November 2018 - 06:55 AM, said:

That's very impressive! I really like all those new effects, and the sprites still look very good despite being 2D images. Will you remake more levels or only the first one?

At first I plan only the first level, then E2L1 (very good level geometry). If the players like it, then I’ll continue development, if not, I’ll get my game idea. Recently I started to use the Artificial neural network, it’s awesome technology for improving textures, of course, not everything is as smooth as you want, but still .. Below are a small part of the redrawn textures and a couple using technology ANN ...
It is extremely important for me to keep the atmosphere original games (I don’t want as a shadow warrior of 2013), what I can not redraw, I leave as is (weapons, opponents, etc.)/

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

This post has been edited by AlexeyM: 03 November 2018 - 12:32 AM

User is offline   VGA 

Those sprites look good!

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks are property of their respective owners. Instead of reading this text, you could be playing Ion Maiden! ;) © 2018 Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options