Duke4.net Forums: Blood corner - Duke4.net Forums

• 33 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Blood corner  "For Blood 1 & 2 related talk."

User is offline   Mark 

I thought M210 was joking when he said he would add an option to include bugs. :rolleyes:

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

View PostMark, on 21 November 2018 - 09:28 AM, said:

I thought M210 was joking when he said he would add an option to include bugs. :rolleyes:

Hey, if Bethesda can do it then M210 can too!

User is online   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

It's actually even at 0.796 already.

Changelog:
1. Multiplayer interpolation fix
2. Menu external music fix
3. Fullscreen mouse in menu fix
4. Midi crash fix
5. Weapon sound back to old code
6. Fullscreen reswitch fix
7. Other crash fixes
8. The bottom gap in HUD fixed (BuildGDX)

This post has been edited by NightFright: 21 November 2018 - 09:58 AM

User is offline   fgsfds 

View PostZaxx, on 21 November 2018 - 09:38 AM, said:

Hey, if Bethesda can do it then M210 can too!

Except in Bethesda's games there's no way to turn this option off.

User is offline   Manhs 

Night Dive Studios removed the blood drop background and reput the normal "night dive studios banner"....
https://www.facebook...?type=1

Maybe it was just because halloween, maybe they failed, maybe they have to work on it, we don't know but i won't think there is something in the work, it's too weird :/
No will see but more like move on, if something happen, it's cool but let's not care yeah xD

User is offline   VGA 

Meanwhile I am playing through the game through BloodGDX, I am near the end of E3 now, I like it more than Duke3D even! Cockteasers can fuck off and same goes to the IP and publishing rights holders. All hail @M210 !

User is offline   axl 

View PostManhs, on 21 November 2018 - 05:23 PM, said:

Night Dive Studios removed the blood drop background and reput the normal "night dive studios banner"....

Maybe it was just because halloween, maybe they failed, maybe they have to work on it, we don't know but i won't think there is something in the work, it's too weird :/
No will see but more like move on, if something happen, it's cool but let's not care yeah xD

Damn, that is not a good sign...

The Blood drop is still present at Kaiser's twitter page though: https://twitter.com/svkaiser ...

This post has been edited by axl: 21 November 2018 - 10:55 PM

User is offline   Master O 

View PostManhs, on 21 November 2018 - 05:23 PM, said:

Very disappointing from Nightdive.

It wouldn't surprise me if lawyers screwed this up.

"Kill all the lawyers!" - Shakespeare

Thank god that Blood's being reverse engineered. If we have to continue waiting for an official release of the source code, we'll all be dead by then...

This post has been edited by Master O: 22 November 2018 - 08:13 AM

User is offline   Paar 

It's weird that Atari is not willing to release the source code. They don't have any plans with the game, apart from selling it on Steam and GOG. What would they lose? Nothing. They must know there is a big community waiting for it but nope. Won't do it. I guess they're just pile of non-gamer business men.

This post has been edited by Paar: 22 November 2018 - 01:36 PM

User is offline   VGA 

Does the manner that an enemy dies make a difference in the items they drop? For example, if an enemy burns to a crisp, is there a chance to not drop anything?

This post has been edited by VGA: 22 November 2018 - 02:44 PM

User is offline   Tekedon 

I'm just glad for M210's work. I bet it will be the only thing we have for many years to come, and It's perfect! And I'm surprised it hasn't received a cease and desist yet from Atari or WB.

User is offline   ---- 

View PostTekedon, on 23 November 2018 - 11:44 AM, said:

... and It's perfect!

For me it had been perfect until I opend the readMe and it said "You need JRE installed". :rolleyes:

On my development machine ... OK. But not on a gaming PC.

User is offline   Newken 

You can also use portable Java as described in this thread: https://forums.duke4...a-and-bloodgdx/

Portable Java is fine and BloodGDX is great. :rolleyes:

User is offline   VGA 

It doesn't need anything installed. @M210 should just add a secondary download pointing to a prepackaged Java zip, like Nightfright's zip, host it on someone's Google Drive and write "If you don't have Java installed then use this portable version"

User is offline   ---- 

I will try it.

I am "a burned child" as you say in German. As I had to install so many things on my dev-PC just to cimpile sth for Andoid API 23 With Java 8.1 which didn't work and I had to install 8.0 and change some filenames ... same with DotNet ... which said I needed 2013 but only worked with 2015 ...

User is offline   VGA 

http://cruo.bloodgame.ru/pmapedit/

NoOne is releasing hexedit patches to improve Mapedit.exe, interesting! :rolleyes:

This patch unlocks several features, such as hidden commands, types and allows
to apply palettes on monsters and things.

User is offline   Mr. Tibbs 

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

From looking at how things are with Alone in the Dark it's interesting to think about how things would have turned out if Atari actually owned the Blood IP:

- I'm pretty sure we'd have a Blood 3 by now: it would be just as shitty as the last AitD title. That was a very badly put together co-op game, I always mocked it by calling it "Together in the Dark".
- But after that guess somebody could have bought the IP just like how THQ Nordic bought AitD: Devolver, Nightdive or Nordic, whatever, I'm sure some smaller publisher would have taken the opportunity to get valuable stuff from a dying company.

Edit: Watch this and just imagine Atari's version of Blood 3:

This post has been edited by Zaxx: 03 December 2018 - 12:25 AM

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Hahaha good one.

Blood set to return in remaster of gory ’90s shooter - Nightdive is working on the update

A re-master doesn't interest me.

What about the source code?

This post has been edited by Master O: 07 December 2018 - 06:17 AM

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

I'm all for a remaster, if it's done to the same quality and standard as Turok and Turok 2. It's the right direction to go and may lead to some proper interest in a new Blood game.

View PostCommando Nukem, on 07 December 2018 - 06:22 AM, said:

I'm all for a remaster, if it's done to the same quality and standard as Turok and Turok 2. It's the right direction to go and may lead to some proper interest in a new Blood game.

Nightdive Studio needs to be full court pressed to buy the source code away from Atari.

User is offline   Dzierzan 

Well, if it's faitful to the source material and I don't see any differences, I think it might be an interesting "port". I never tried other remasters of this company, so I can't tell about the level of quality.

Nightdive Studio needs to be full court pressed to buy the source code away from Atari.

Doesn't Atari only have Publishing Rights where Warner Bros owns IP?

This post has been edited by Dzierzan: 07 December 2018 - 06:45 AM

View PostDzierzan, on 07 December 2018 - 06:44 AM, said:

Well, if it's faitful to the source material and I don't see any differences, I think it might be an interesting "port". I never tried other remasters of this company, so I can't tell about the level of quality.

Doesn't Atari only have Publishing Rights where Warner Bros owns IP?

That's what I meant. I had the company wrong.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

View PostDzierzan, on 07 December 2018 - 06:44 AM, said:

Their Turok remasters are ace.

• Judge Mental

The Turok remaster makes the original game borderline unplayable, honestly. That is really the gold standard for a remaster, and it brought new life to the game in a way that you seldom see. Same for the Forsaken remaster as well.

I never thought i'd see the day when we'd have Turok usermaps. Or a Turok remake of Hollywood Holocaust. That was funny.

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

Oh well, grey cultists are throwing dynamite on one of the screenshots... Well, guess they have some bugs to fix but it's not a good sign if you can already spot inaccuracy on promotional material.

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

Here's the official announcement quoted:
https://gematsu.com/...nnounced-for-pc
Addtional info:

- It will be published by Atari
- Uses Kaiser's KEX so it's Blood EX basically
- It will support both DirectX and Vulkan
- The audio is getting some kind of an update, based on what they are saying it's going to be pretty minor though
- Multiplayer will be done through Steam and GOG Galaxy, the netcode is getting an update.

Sadly no word on map support, modding etc.

• Judge Mental

View PostMaster O, on 07 December 2018 - 06:43 AM, said:

Because Nightdive is just made of money, i'm sure.

View PostZaxx, on 07 December 2018 - 08:32 AM, said:

Oh well, grey cultists are throwing dynamite on one of the screenshots... Well, guess they have some bugs to fix but it's not a good sign if you can already spot inaccuracy on promotional material.

You're kidding, right?

Most of the old materials released for build engine games were screenshots doctored up in the BUILD Engine itself with, essentially, impossible shit happening.

It's probably early days and the nuanced behavior hasn't been fully ported or tested.

View PostZaxx, on 07 December 2018 - 09:06 AM, said:

Sadly no word on map support, modding etc.

Given Doom 64, Forsaken, Turok, etc i'd imagine there will some kind of map support.

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

Guess there will be some kind of modding but what I'd really like to see is compatibility with maps made for the original.

Share this topic:

• 33 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options