Duke4.net Forums: Blood corner - Duke4.net Forums

• 33 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Blood corner  "For Blood 1 & 2 related talk."

User is online   Phredreeke 

Apparently the shirt voxel behaves differently in each one of the ports (last one is BloodGDX and appears the most correct to me)

https://gfycat.com/ringedlividbasil

Edit: NukeYKT figured it out on Discord. Classic renderer doesn't apply xoffsets fo voxels. My deduction from this is Fresh Supply applies xoffset correction backwards

This post has been edited by Phredreeke: 19 June 2019 - 09:55 AM

User is offline   Mr. Tibbs 

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

There's also this one:

User is offline   Dzierzan 

I've been working again on my little Cultists project.

Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image

This post has been edited by Dzierzan: 12 July 2019 - 01:53 PM

Sorry for the double post, but I gotta ask, does the muzzle flash for Tesla gun look right or do I have to keep improving that?

I hope to have Tommy Cultist finished this weekend so I could make a mini mod for NBlood where cultists are replaced with mine. Tesla guy can be done a bit later.

User is offline   Tekedon 

What the hell..

Posted Image

Perhaps a death caused by the Voodoo Doll, although I haven't decided yet.

User is offline   Tekedon 

Just wanted to mention that there is a new episode out for Blood which is very detailed and interesting and technically advanced. It's made by an unknown author to me atleast. But I'm looking forward to seeing more of his work!

It's called "Out for blood". Link down below.

http://blood.freemin...episodes&id=612

I need advice. Should I get Blood: Fresh Supply from Steam or GOG.com?

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

Don't buy FS. Just get DOS One Unit Whole Blood on Steam and run it with NBlood.

This post has been edited by Radar: 14 August 2019 - 06:51 PM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Yeah dude definitely do not buy Fresh Supply. Its a scam product. Don't even buy the DOSBox version on Steam. The money doesn't go to anyone who actually deserves it. Get it here: https://archive.org/...itWholeBloodUSA

This post has been edited by BlitZ: 14 August 2019 - 06:57 PM

View PostRadar, on 14 August 2019 - 06:51 PM, said:

Don't buy FS. Just get DOS One Unit Whole Blood on Steam and run it with NBlood.

View PostBlitZ, on 14 August 2019 - 06:57 PM, said:

Yeah dude definitely do not buy Fresh Supply. Its a scam product. Don't even buy the DOSBox version on Steam. The money doesn't go to anyone who actually deserves it. Get it here: https://archive.org/...itWholeBloodUSA

Can you give me a reason why not buy FS?

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

Read the entire Blood: Fresh Supply thread. Or you can read a quick summary of everything starting with post #167 until the end.

This guy also gives a good summary.

I still have the GOG.com version of Blood and I'll give NBlood a shot one of these days but not right now.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

The GOG version is absolutely fine, installing NBlood will be easy.

User is offline   MetHy 

View PostTekedon, on 13 August 2019 - 11:54 AM, said:

Just wanted to mention that there is a new episode out for Blood which is very detailed and interesting and technically advanced. It's made by an unknown author to me atleast. But I'm looking forward to seeing more of his work!

It's called "Out for blood". Link down below.

http://blood.freemin...episodes&id=612

This isn't bad so far, but I've looped through the first map twice and haven't found the skull key. I've found 5/6 secrets though. Any tips? I'm starting to think of clipping through the door when I resume playing otherwise.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View PostMetHy, on 16 August 2019 - 04:43 AM, said:

This isn't bad so far, but I've looped through the first map twice and haven't found the skull key. I've found 5/6 secrets though. Any tips? I'm starting to think of clipping through the door when I resume playing otherwise.

Someone else on the Blood Discord had the same question and pagb666 had the answer:

Spoiler

You can't buy One Unit Whole Blood Anymore.

steam says:

"Notice: At the request of the publisher, Blood: One Unit Whole Blood is no longer available for sale on Steam."

and gog redirects to Fresh Supply.

This post has been edited by Lazy Dog: 12 September 2019 - 04:34 PM

View PostLazy Dog, on 12 September 2019 - 04:31 PM, said:

When was One Unit Whole Blood removed?

steam says:

"Notice: At the request of the publisher, Blood: One Unit Whole Blood is no longer available for sale on Steam."

and gog redirects to Fresh Supply.

The GOG version was the first to go, as it was removed if I remember correctly as soon as FS launched. It's now bundled in FS goodies, along with OUWB's goodies. Steam was a couple of days ago out of nowhere. I suspect that after bug fixing of FS was suspended, the sales of the game in Steam have gone down and this is some desperate attempt by Atari to try and force customers to get FS there.

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

FS sold really well according to the SteamSpy estimate (you can trust that now, the game is out for months now so it should be fairly accurate at this point) so no, I don't think there is any trickery going on. A while back the Nightdive guys said that according to them OUWB should be available for free to people who buy FS on Steam or on GOG but so far only GOG handled it that way. Now, OUWB was removed from sale but the store page is still there so chances are they want to do something with it (it's not like how GBX handled Megaton where the game was fully removed from the Steam store). Maybe you get it with FS now or you will get it at some point.

I hope that's the case because I got FS on Steam recently for the coop since most of my friends are playing there and not on GOG. It'd be really nice to get OUWB as well without having to make an additional purchase. There are problems sometimes with older games on Steam, such as Commander Keen's Complete Pack being not so complete, Hexen II missing Portal of Praevus or the extended demo of Redneck Rampage, Possum Bayou, being listed as "coming soon" for two years now (and also, kinda weird that a demo is being marketed for release when the full game is already on the store). I hope OUWB doesn't run into issues and is kept alive there somehow.

This post has been edited by Putrid Pete: 12 September 2019 - 10:01 PM

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

What I don't understand is why didn't they do what Devolver / 3DR did with the original Shadow Warrior: just make it free and call it a day, if they can't pick it up for cheap people will just pirate it anyway for the source ports.

User is offline   Sledgehammer 

• Once you start doubting, there's no end to it

Probably the same reason why Atari didn't release source code for the game. Atari simply exist in this industry and are trying to squeeze cash out of everything they still own, unlike Devolver or 3DR.

User is offline   VGA 

View PostPutrid Pete, on 12 September 2019 - 10:01 PM, said:

I hope that's the case because I got FS on Steam recently for the coop since most of my friends are playing there and not on GOG. It'd be really nice to get OUWB as well without having to make an additional purchase. There are problems sometimes with older games on Steam, such as Commander Keen's Complete Pack being not so complete, Hexen II missing Portal of Praevus or the extended demo of Redneck Rampage, Possum Bayou, being listed as "coming soon" for two years now (and also, kinda weird that a demo is being marketed for release when the full game is already on the store). I hope OUWB doesn't run into issues and is kept alive there somehow.

Blood FS contains the unaltered Blood assets. Unless you want the executable, too, to run under Dosbox. But nowadays we have two faithfull open source ports under very active development.

Oh yeah, I know. I already own OUWB in GOG anyway. When I said that It'd be neat to have it in steam too, I meant it more in a completionist way, since I like to own anything blood related because I'm a big fan.

User is offline   Sledgehammer 

• Once you start doubting, there's no end to it

This situation kind of reminds me of Baldur's Gate situation, wish I could get original games.

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

View PostSledgehammer, on 13 September 2019 - 04:20 AM, said:

Probably the same reason why Atari didn't release source code for the game. Atari simply exist in this industry and are trying to squeeze cash out of everything they still own, unlike Devolver or 3DR.

They can't release the source code since they only have the publishing rights as far as I know.

View PostZaxx, on 13 September 2019 - 01:37 PM, said:

They can't release the source code since they only have the publishing rights as far as I know.

Something like that would be my understanding too. Consistent with the quote in my sig.

User is offline   Master O 

Warner Brothers owns the Intellectual Property rights to Blood. Anytime that anyone has tried to buy the IP outright from Warner Brothers, WB puts some enormous price tag on the IP and this prevents people from acquiring it.

Most famously, Nightdive Studios tried to buy the IP, but WB did what I described above.

WB's stance is ridiculous, but nothing can be done about it, unless there is someone out there willing to pay WB's price for it.

This no longer matters anyway, since the source code has been reverse engineered and has probably been downloaded to every corner of the globe and there is nothing WB can do about it.

Fuck Warner Brothers and anyone else there who has taken the above stance.

This post has been edited by Master O: 14 September 2019 - 04:41 AM

Share this topic:

• 33 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options