E2M2 — The Lumber Mill

E1M5 - 14.07.2012
E1M1 - 07.05.2009

Effects Demo
Weapons and Items Test

This post has been edited by M210: 06 June 2013 - 10:24 AM

User is offline   Ramen4ever 

Awesome. ;)
Blood sfx will really make the difference. Seeing this is making me interested in Blood again.

User is offline   Spiker 

Nice!;)

M210, on May 11 2009, 09:52 AM, said:

Well, I'm post this thread again ;) I work over this project about one year and at last time I have a lot of progress! BloodTC already complete on 56%

Now these are some fantastic news M210!!

User is offline   m210® 

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=2r2qj5pTAJs
My second weapon-test video, some innovations :P

User is offline   Reaper_Man 

• Once and Future King

So there is two of these? Or is this the same thing as this?

User is offline   Alan 

• Hellspawn

Awesome work. :P I notice though when you set the enemies on fire that they change size. Should include a sizeat somewhere in there.

User is offline   Moggimus 

msleeper, on May 15 2009, 05:14 PM, said:

So there is two of these? Or is this the same thing as this?

It's a different one.

User is offline   Reaper_Man 

• Once and Future King

So, two TCs recreating the same game. Seems a little redundant don't you think? Why not pool resources and work together?

User is offline   supergoofy 

I think that BloodTC is a recreation of the original game and Crandle to Grave will have different maps. But I'm not so sure.

Are the 2 teams cooperate? That would be great.

User is offline   m210® 

Alan, on May 16 2009, 01:24 AM, said:

Awesome work. :P I notice though when you set the enemies on fire that they change size. Should include a sizeat somewhere in there.

Yeah, it's will be easy to fix. Just I work over more difficult code and I don't pay attention to trifles http://forums.duke4....tyle_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

msleeper, on May 16 2009, 02:38 AM, said:

So, two TCs recreating the same game. Seems a little redundant don't you think? Why not pool resources and work together?

I tried to write Dimebog, but he didn't answer me. May be my messages didn't reach to him?

User is offline   Mateos 

What is required to help you ? I mean to make objects, weapons, ... Why not maps ?

User is offline   m210® 

Mateos, on May 16 2009, 03:55 PM, said:

What is required to help you ? I mean to make objects, weapons, ... Why not maps ?

I have two mapers and to make objects and weapons more difficult than maps therefore I want to create gameplay of Blood and after it - make a maps :P
If you mean to help me, send a private message to me and I'll tell you that is required

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

msleeper, on May 15 2009, 06:38 PM, said:

Only technically. Cradle To Grave seems to be more of an add-on type of experience, while BloodTC is just a port of sorts.

User is offline   m210® 

Captain Awesome, on May 16 2009, 08:43 PM, said:

Only technically. Cradle To Grave seems to be more of an add-on type of experience, while BloodTC is just a port of sorts.

It's not a port, it's a mod for eduke32 :P

M210, on May 16 2009, 09:10 PM, said:

It's not a port, it's a mod for eduke32 :P

Means that they are both the same thing - add-ons for eduke32, shall not be necessarily united. BTW, Blood looks and plays fantastic on gzdoom already.

User is offline   Mateos 

I got a WAD for Doom 2 that recreate Blood 2, for exemple.

User is online   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

I have played that one, too. It wasn't bad, but its main problem was that it was just a collection of most popular/known Blood maps without the whole story thing wrapped around it (no cutscenes). There were gaping holes between some maps, and it was far from reproducing the whole game.

Dunno how hard it is to recreate the levels (or are they just converted?), but I'd really appreciate if the final product contained at least 2 full episodes.

User is offline   m210® 

Hi guys! At last time I'm working on weapons of Blood and through half month I want to release my little addon for eDuke32 which change all original weapons to blood weapons. I call my addon BLWEAP and I make it for test weapons which will be includes into BloodTC. Now I make all weapons with general and alternative shots but voodoo doll isn't done yet. May be tomorrow I done it.

User is offline   m210® 

This is my beta version of addon without voodoo doll
BLWEAP_Beta.rar

Just checked it and was very nice !

Some suggestion (for refernce, I'm playing with the "Let's Rock!" difficulty setting) :

- FLARE GUN -
* You've to allow multiple flares active on one enemy. This was possible in the original Blood
* The speed of the life-draining is a bit low.

- SAWED-OFF -
* The special fire is TOO WEAK ! A full shot have to instant kill a Pigcop, in my opinion.

- DYNAMITE -
* This weapon seems too weak. As above, a direct hit must jib a Pigcop for sure.
* The "fuse" of the alt-fire is too long. It's almost completely useless in this way.

User is offline   XThX2 

Hmm, for a damage comparison about your weapons...

Blood enemy stats

Also, to save your time; Gaygoyle in Blood dies with 4 shots from sawed-off's alt-fire in Well Done (4rd skill) with 696 hp.

User is offline   Skulldog 

You want more power try using mighty foot. Nice Work! M210. Looking forward, for this TC.

This post has been edited by Skulldog: 05 August 2009 - 03:40 PM

User is offline   MIKE SIMS 

this might be useful
http://homepage.ntlw...iv/BloodSounds/

User is offline   m210® 

Headless_Horseman, on Aug 6 2009, 03:07 AM, said:

- FLARE GUN -
* You've to allow multiple flares active on one enemy. This was possible in the original Blood

It is available, but not visible, because I don't know how to calculation coordinates of flarefire after hit of enemy, but...if you shot to enemy, for example, five times, it will die at 5 times faster.

* The speed of the life-draining is a bit low.
- SAWED-OFF -
* The special fire is TOO WEAK ! A full shot have to instant kill a Pigcop, in my opinion.

- DYNAMITE -
* This weapon seems too weak. As above, a direct hit must jib a Pigcop for sure.

Because I increase health of enemies at twice, it man be excluded.

* The "fuse" of the alt-fire is too long. It's almost completely useless in this way.

You mean when it lies on a floor? I'll fix it, but now I don't know how to make it true.

XThX2, on Aug 6 2009, 03:28 AM, said:

Hmm, for a damage comparison about your weapons...

Blood enemy stats

Also, to save your time; Gaygoyle in Blood dies with 4 shots from sawed-off's alt-fire in Well Done (4rd skill) with 696 hp.

MIKE SIMS, on Aug 6 2009, 03:49 AM, said:

Thanks for this :blink:

This post has been edited by M210: 05 August 2009 - 11:45 PM

User is offline   m210® 

Some screenshots :blink:
Attached Image: duke0000.jpgAttached Image: duke0001.jpgAttached Image: duke0002.jpg 02.jpg]Attached Image: duke0003.jpgAttached Image: duke0004.jpg[attachment=356
:
duke0007.jpg]

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: duke0007.jpg

User is offline   Spiker 

That looks very promising :blink:

User is offline   XThX2 

I have liked these a lot, working very smoothly, just like in Blood. However, there are little flaws that I'd like to point out.

* Spray can's flame projectiles go through enemies and last longer than any other weapn. (Except for napalm's alt-fire)
* Napalm should be A LOT STRONGER, or if you already have added resistances for enemies, make octabrains a lot less resistant to fire, afterall they live in watery areas.
* Same goes for Tesla Cannon. Too weak alternative fire there. They also trigger electric stun state of ANY monster in the game (except of stone gargoyles and queen spiders, they just go their pain state
* Sawed-off shotgun's alt-fire NEEDS to be much stronger than in here. 696 hp => 4 shots. You shouldn't be wasting your time trying to blast off enemies with 100-200 hp with two shots (4 shells in total, approximately, you can assume that the alt-fire should be doing 200 damage per shot)
* Could Napalm launcher look a little higher on HUD ? It looks too low to me.
* Although life leech looks great, it doesn't life leech! (ironic isn't it) In original blood, it was leeching life (check your pm) they changed it in Plasma Pak for some reason though...
- Life Leech sends A LOT OF con errors to the console, mainly invalid sprite id errors, when you attack at walls. A HUGE NOT THOUGH, Life leech DOES NOT hurt you with radius of it!! It doesn't have a high radius at all !!
* Alt-fire of sawed-off is faster in Blood than in here. (I want to have that FAST feeling when I play, as it was what got me in to Blood back then :blink: )

NOTE : Your mod crashed a lot on 1485 build.

This post has been edited by XThX2: 06 August 2009 - 02:47 AM

Awesome!
I'm sure you are working on the things people noted above, can't wait to see this TC done.

User is offline   Spiker 

More about the tesla stun state. I think that it occasionally happened when you used primary fire mode and always when using alt-fire (unless a monster died). In your version it works in primary fire mode and doesn't work when using alt-fire. Not to maention that both modes especially alt-fire is much much too weak.

Share this topic:

• 27 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options