Duke4.net Forums: BloodTC for eDuke32 - Duke4.net Forums

• 27 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

BloodTC for eDuke32

User is offline   zZaRDoZz 

hi there m210 and crew! I just gave your BloodTC a thorough run through on e1m1 and I'd thought I'd share some observations. please pardon any listings of known bugs.

1. Is the gravity too high? Player should be able to jump to both ledges in the mortuary chapel using the back bench. A jump to those squared columns is hard but doable.

2. Zombie's pain chance is way too high at all difficulties. Extra crispy should have no pain chance for axe zombie.

3. Player's walking speed, civilian's/ zombie's running speed are all equal. Zombies should attack civilians.

4. Blood's auto aim was on the generous side.

15.10 also includes 4 (almost) playable maps from episode 2 and dozen of fixes for ep 1 maps.

Here's the links. Put hrp and one of the music packs in bloodtc\autoload.

Better becareful when you say almost playable on here, people will jump on you for the slightest thing that isn't exactly like it was in the original game :D.

User is offline   m210® 

2. Zombie's pain chance is way too high at all difficulties. Extra crispy should have no pain chance for axe zombie.
3. Player's walking speed, civilian's/ zombie's running speed are all equal. Zombies should attack civilians.

ok, thanks for this, I'll fix it.

I think is better to leave as it is

User is offline   zZaRDoZz 

View PostzZaRDoZz, on 25 October 2012 - 03:23 PM, said:

hi there m210 and crew! I just gave your BloodTC a thorough run through on e1m1 and I'd thought I'd share some observations. please pardon any listings of known bugs.

1. Is the gravity too high? Player should be able to jump to both ledges in the mortuary chapel using the back bench. A jump to those squared columns is hard but doable.

5. Not sure if it's the true 3d geometry, the coding or a flagging issue but in blood most enemies are deaf to player until sighted. The spawn-out-of-the-ground zombies are a notable exception and a few enemies are flagged to activate upon hearing player. The default behavior is to wake only upon seeing player though.
I'm getting a lot of enemies waking just before I see them.

6. Collision box issues- some enemies are awfully hard to hit, take the rats for example, you can have the cross hair right on them and if the angle is steep enough, still miss them. Are you using sprites attached to md2 models? That can cause problems. Also, the sprites aren't tilting enough on some extreme height differentiated areas, take the opening leading to the ships hold on e2m1, I'm getting shot at from what are essentially lines.

Again, if I've listed known issues please pardon their retelling.

This post has been edited by zZaRDoZz: 01 November 2012 - 08:35 AM

User is offline   Diaz 

View PostzZaRDoZz, on 01 November 2012 - 02:46 AM, said:

6. Also, the sprites aren't tilting enough on some extreme height differentiated areas, take the opening leading to the ships hold on e2m1, I'm getting shot at from what are essentially lines.

That wouldn't happen in the classic renderer. It's a problem that arises when using sprites that don't rotate in the X and Y axes in a "true 3D" perspective. M210 can't really fix that.

User is offline   Ferdish 

Maybe a silly question, but is the secret level in second episode (Thin Ice) implemented in Blood TC or not? I activated portal to the secret level, but after "level completed" screen, the game just switch to intro and main menu instead of starting a new level. Besides, the secret level in first episode runs perfectly, so I didn't get it :P

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Only the first episode is completely finished. What's done of the second episode is there for people to look at, but it's not complete or supported from my understanding.

User is offline   m210® 

Micky C, You are right, the secret level in second episode doesn't complete yet and we will not see it at this year :P

User is offline   m210® 

Hello! I added a third episode at BloodTC. It's not completed, but playable. Also second episode has a some changes.
And a one bad news - after upgrade eduke32 to new revision, bloodtc have been a broken sounds at some places. It's not fixable by me...but I think, a future fix it :P

As usual, the release is available on my website

This post has been edited by M210: 13 February 2013 - 08:52 AM

User is offline   Mateos 

Thank you! Hope it will not be too hard to fix :P

User is offline   m210® 

It's hard to me. After upgrade it became impossible to control the sounds from MUSICANDSFX, because sound continues playing after delete MUSICANDSFX from level. It's not possible to fix via con-coding and make Impossible to make a controlling ambient sounds now. It's a very sadly.

This post has been edited by M210: 13 February 2013 - 09:47 AM

User is offline   m210® 

Hi there! We prepared a new trailer of BloodTC, because a new release almost done.

New release will include 2 episodes of original Blood, and beta version of 3 and 4 episode
I rewrote a code of Zombie AI and now I need to write a code of cultists AI, therefore the release will be include improved AI ;)

This post has been edited by M210: 26 May 2013 - 11:14 AM

User is offline   Helixhorned 

• EDuke32 Developer

View PostM210, on 13 February 2013 - 09:44 AM, said:

It's hard to me. After upgrade it became impossible to control the sounds from MUSICANDSFX, because sound continues playing after delete MUSICANDSFX from level. It's not possible to fix via con-coding and make Impossible to make a controlling ambient sounds now. It's a very sadly.

Have a bit of patience. It's some work to write up why the behavior changed unintentionally. Keep in mind though that deleting MUSICANDSFX sprites was never officially documented as a supported effect.

User is offline   LAW 

Dam, it's looks and plays like Blood. I respect this very much, because it's very time consuming. I wish someone would do something like this with the Redneck.

User is offline   m210® 

Dam, it's looks and plays like Blood. I respect this very much, because it's very time consuming. I wish someone would do something like this with the Redneck.

May be after complete BloodTC I can do remake of RR, if I will have the time at this point ;)

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

View PostLAW, on 26 May 2013 - 11:25 AM, said:

I'm in the process of tracking down the right people to try and get my hands on the RR source code so I can add support for it to EDuke32. No promises, though.

User is offline   LAW 

View PostTerminX, on 26 May 2013 - 11:57 AM, said:

I'm in the process of tracking down the right people to try and get my hands on the RR source code so I can add support for it to EDuke32. No promises, though.

Shiiiiiit. Man, if you couldn't obtain the code, you could look at what's left of erampage. I know you probably don't like the project and the author himself, but it would save my ass. I made a few "tweaks" and I am making new fixes (including maps), but it will become obsolete, if someone competent (like you) does it better in the future.

User is offline   ReaperMan 

View PostTerminX, on 26 May 2013 - 11:57 AM, said:

I can't put what i feel about that in words.... so here is a smiley face. ;)

Also, M210, great job. I have been waiting for this one for a while.

After watching the trailer, I have to say I'm very impressed! You've done a great job. Its nice to see a Blood "remake" actually getting off the ground instead of being all talk.

This post has been edited by MYHOUSE.MAP: 28 May 2013 - 09:22 PM

User is offline   m210® 

Ok, guys, BloodCM was released with 2 episodes and beta version of ep3 and 4ep.

Posted Image

This post has been edited by M210: 05 June 2013 - 06:39 PM

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

It says error.

User is offline   fgsfds 

Seems urls were changed to http://www.moddb.com/games/bloodcm
Download: http://www.moddb.com...bloodcm-v062013

This post has been edited by fgsfds: 05 June 2013 - 12:14 PM

User is offline   Diaz 

Some seriously good stuff going on here, man. This is getting closer to Blood than I thought was possible.

Just a question, is there a reason for the enemies to be flipped in the x axis?

User is offline   m210® 

It says error.

Yeah, sorry that. Fixed.

Just a question, is there a reason for the enemies to be flipped in the x axis?

So, seems I can't answer to your question without examples. I'll do it evening

This post has been edited by M210: 05 June 2013 - 06:46 PM

User is offline   faked 

This is great! :lol: :lol: :D

Why there are no sound effects in the menu ? Do my memory tricks me or they were there in the original Blood ?

The original blood has no sound effects in the menu. At least, V0.99 and V1.0 - though I don't remember 1.21 being any different.

User is offline   fgsfds 

There was only demo playing in the background and no other sounds.

User is offline   Tetsuo 

Any chance for a Mac version?

User is offline   fgsfds 

View PostTetsuo, on 06 June 2013 - 11:04 AM, said:

Any chance for a Mac version?

You can install the latest compiled eduke32 build from here http://www.spam-filt...eduke32_on_os_x and you should be able to run any eduke32 mods. Not sure where you should put bloodtc folder on osx.

Share this topic:

• 27 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options