M210, on 29 December 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

Hi! May be - yes, but I'll can say this exactly after 10 Jan 2012 :P

Nice, keep it up :)

User is offline   djdori11 

M210, on 29 December 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

Hi! May be - yes, but I'll can say this exactly after 10 Jan 2012 :P

Time for an update :unsure:

User is offline   Mateos 

Sometimes real life doesn't let a lot of free time, and maybe you will want to spend it with friends or playing instead of mapping/coding; Also the motivation can play on it. There will be an update when he wants, that's enough IMO :unsure:

User is offline   m210® 

yep, it would be not interesting to make update now, because I made cultist AI only and I lost all mappers, therefore a new release will not included new maps

User is offline   m210® 

So, I don't know, how much time I will have at this month, but I can't working on BloodTC now. Therefore I uploaded my latest version today with rewrited AI of Cultist. It was still stupid, but it looks better than the previous AI :P And now I want to know, what do you think about the new AI code.
New version of BloodTC is avaible for download on my site m210.ucoz :unsure:

This post has been edited by M210: 15 January 2012 - 11:28 AM

User is offline   Root 9 

New hud? :unsure:
Posted Image

User is offline   Jinroh 

Root 9, on 17 January 2012 - 01:02 AM, said:

New hud? :unsure:
Posted Image

Very nice, it's so smooth and slick looking. Very nice updated version of the original. ^^

User is offline   m210® 

Yeap, this hud looking good, nice job :unsure:

User is offline   Root 9 

I've also updated the bloody line:
Posted ImagePosted Image

Note: pic 7150 (starting frame for the bloody line) was missing in previous releases of the TC.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
:unsure:

User is offline   Root 9 

And an update for the spinning spider. Please tell me if you have any remarks to help improve the graphics :D
Posted Image

Also, this, I think, should be done like the spinning nuke icon in Duke Nukem HRP. (maybe we should use the spinning nuke icon model for this and just change it's texture?)

This post has been edited by Root 9: 27 January 2012 - 06:05 AM

User is offline   Spiker 

The spider looks good :D About the HUD: I think that the skulls should have red eyes as in the original and I think that the shape of monsters' ears and the skin could be more convincing. There is some small imperfection around the eyesockets as well but I'm being very pedentic now. Other than that it looks great! :D

Yea, the monsters looks a bit bad. But i like the rest a lot.

User is offline   Root 9 

In game, those red dots show up on the hud where the old skulls used to be..
I think this should be fixed first.
I will redo the monsters on the hud as soon as I'm done with my exams.. (6th of february :D )

Thx for the comments!

User is offline   Daniel 

cmon people dont play with Photoshop filters so much, paint more! :lol:
These filters look very plastic, but i know, pixel art (not much good idea on large pixel sizes) or render to texture take on some things too much time :P
Sometimes also work photo textures and its look more natural than PS Filter magic, but i dont know how it will look on these type of textures (older games)

just try stay away from overdone bumpy look and too much flat speculars highlights.

(spider is nice but wood around isnt much natural)

This post has been edited by Daniel: 25 February 2012 - 11:47 AM

User is offline   m210® 

Hi all! I just made a new video today. It's e1m3 map :lol:
I decided to abandon work on the enemies and proceed with the reconstruction levels for BloodTC. One of these level you can see here:

Nice, what is that number for? Upper left.

User is offline   m210® 

It for debugging...like velosity of player (but isn't it) because I don't know how to get velocity of player. Posxv posyv doesn't works for it. fixed!
Btw, I made activator for doors via wall-hitag ( now I can open/close any door (or activate respawn for example) throught lotag on any walls(without Doortiles) )

For demonstration, the wall changes own texture per hit space on this video

This post has been edited by M210: 26 February 2012 - 06:35 AM

User is offline   m210® 

I have one question. If my actor have some variables, for example, data1 data2 data3 data4...Can I set the initial values ​​of these variables in mapster32?
Now I can set xvel yvel zvel lotag and hitag values only...but I need more variables for my trigger system can works true.

User is offline   Jinroh 

Looking better and better. ^^ The version of E1M3 you reconstructed/ported looks great. ^^ Makes me want to go home and play Blood after work. :3 Still a few things, to work, out but looks like it's really getting close. ^^ Great job guys.

User is offline   Gambini 

Herculean work you are doing M210, congrats!

User is offline   Helixhorned 

• EDuke32 Developer

View PostM210, on 27 February 2012 - 03:33 AM, said:

I have one question. If my actor have some variables, for example, data1 data2 data3 data4...Can I set the initial values ​​of these variables in mapster32?

Currently, you can't. Per-actor variables are a CON concept, while maps are saved in a fixed format. For example, each sprite takes up exactly 44 bytes on disk.

User is offline   m210® 

View PostHelixhorned, on 27 February 2012 - 02:00 PM, said:

Currently, you can't. Per-actor variables are a CON concept, while maps are saved in a fixed format. For example, each sprite takes up exactly 44 bytes on disk.

Thanks for your question :lol: Are you planing to make it in future? For example, it would be convenient to specify the variables in M32 script that can be used in the editor and to bind variables m32 and con, they should have the same name.

User is offline   zZaRDoZz 

M210, are you using the new 3d floors in the maps now or are you still using mirror stacking?

User is offline   ReaperMan 

This TC will be pure gold when Eduke32's multiplayer is done. Good job! :lol:

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostM210, on 28 February 2012 - 12:30 AM, said:

Thanks for your question :lol: Are you planing to make it in future? For example, it would be convenient to specify the variables in M32 script that can be used in the editor and to bind variables m32 and con, they should have the same name.

You can load the existing sprite tags from mapster into your variables using EVENT_LOADACTOR. There are enough tags to fill about 10 variables, and if you use the tags as bitfields you can encode a large amount of information that way. I am saying this defensively, because changing the map format would be a big deal and big new features like that usually involve a lot of bugs that we all suffer with.

User is offline   m210® 

View PostzZaRDoZz, on 29 February 2012 - 05:08 PM, said:

M210, are you using the new 3d floors in the maps now or are you still using mirror stacking?

Are you mean a TrueROR? If you are mean TROR, then yes, I'm using it.

View PostReaperMan, on 29 February 2012 - 05:11 PM, said:

This TC will be pure gold when Eduke32's multiplayer is done. Good job! :lol:

It would be nice to test BloodTC in multiplayer now :P Thanks))

View PostDeeperThought, on 29 February 2012 - 06:14 PM, said:

You can load the existing sprite tags from mapster into your variables using EVENT_LOADACTOR. There are enough tags to fill about 10 variables, and if you use the tags as bitfields you can encode a large amount of information that way. I am saying this defensively, because changing the map format would be a big deal and big new features like that usually involve a lot of bugs that we all suffer with.

I'll try to make somethink, but I have no ideas how to do it. Or maybe I just haven't understood you :P

EDIT:

Or you are about this:
eventloadactor ZOMBIE
getactor[THISACTOR].hitag HITAGSET
setactorvar[THISACTOR].w_enemyhitag HITAGSET
setactor[THISACTOR].hitag 0
enda

Now i'm using all of this tags, for triggers
xvel, yvel - rx tx adress
zvel - trigger type (now it have 5 types)
lotag - adress to activator lotag
hitag - number of positives, or number at which the operation (trigger works as adder)

And maybe I'll use clipdist variable.
repeatx repeaty, xoffset and yoffset I don't want to use as a variable because it affects the appearance of the sprite in the editor

This post has been edited by M210: 01 March 2012 - 01:23 AM

User is offline   m210® 

Hi all! Works on BloodTC continues. We are almost completed all maps of first episode, therefore I'll made a new release at near future. And now i made a new video with some effects of BloodTC.
The map with thoose effects also will be able in "choose episode" menu.

User is offline   Mateos 

Very nice effects, with your TC no need of Blood source code <_<

(Btw you can update your sig to March 2012 instead of January :huh: )

User is offline   m210® 

View PostMateos, on 10 April 2012 - 05:53 AM, said:

Very nice effects, with your TC no need of Blood source code <_<

haha, thanks :D

View PostMateos, on 10 April 2012 - 05:53 AM, said:

(Btw you can update your sig to March 2012 instead of January ;) )

yeah, you're right, i forgot change it :huh:

User is offline   Spiker 

Man this is beyond any degree of awesomness!

Share this topic:

• 27 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options