Ion Fury  "formerly Ion Maiden, launching August 15!"

If he puts it on Mod DB or something, sure

Look who's here:

Posted Image

tile 5521

This post has been edited by Lazy Dog: 25 September 2019 - 11:42 AM

yeah
there are some fun left overs in the textures

I just got up to Cultural Divide, great stuff so far! Really impressive fun maps, and the right balance of action-packed but breezy feel badass gameplay on normal. The levels are a lot of fun to jump around in, even better than the great preview campaign. Well done!

For things I'd like, I think visibility / ambient light being a menu setting like in eduke32 would be good. I appreciate that this still works as something added to the settings config file though. Upping that a bit makes it much easier to see enemies shooting from far away.

Thumbs up! The "let off some steam" reference is one of my favs yet.

Question, what can you break with explosions for exploring, like wall cracks in Duke 3D? So far the big metal fans are the only things I've noticed you can blow up to go places.

This post has been edited by PsychoGoatee: 25 September 2019 - 10:00 PM

View PostPsychoGoatee, on 25 September 2019 - 09:56 PM, said:

I just got up to Cultural Divide, great stuff so far! Really impressive fun maps, and the right balance of action-packed but breezy feel badass gameplay on normal. The levels are a lot of fun to jump around in, even better than the great preview campaign. Well done!

For things I'd like, I think visibility / ambient light being a menu setting like in eduke32 would be good. I appreciate that this still works as something added to the settings config file though. Upping that a bit makes it much easier to see enemies shooting from far away.

Thumbs up! The "let off some steam" reference is one of my favs yet.

Question, what can you break with explosions for exploring, like wall cracks in Duke 3D? So far the big metal fans are the only things I've noticed you can blow up to go places.

there are some wall cracks like in Duke 3D but not as meany
but you can still do them
https://youtu.be/ExhIvCiYxi0

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

Somebody needs to do a comprehensive list of secrets. I'm pretty sure I'm missing a mega secret from zone 7. The slime-people(?) armor shards & "Just Leave" message didn't trigger anything & the rest of the hidden things I found were just regular items in places like small nooks behind 1 sided walls & wall cracks.

This post has been edited by Forge: 25 September 2019 - 10:35 PM

I though Pagd666 covered it all

User is offline   Forge 

View PostTruck Stop Santa Claus, on 25 September 2019 - 10:27 PM, said:

I though Pagd666 covered it all

Did he? I'll have to look

edit:
No Mega Secret for Zone 7

https://steamcommuni.../?id=1837556230

This post has been edited by Forge: 25 September 2019 - 10:41 PM

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

I think it's intentional to not trigger any secrets in zone 7.

User is offline   Forge 

afaik, nothing is zone 7 is tagged as a secret.
(i could be wrong, but mega secrets don't count towards the secret-count number, so I thought that maybe the mapper could have put one in since all the zones have at least one mega secret & the number of secrets would still be 0)

User is offline   oasiz 

• Dr. Effector

Zone7 has nothing as secrets since it's a rather linear map with bunch of one-way points, although you can still backtrack.
I thought it was just much better to have some key points not spoil you with messages and leave a few surprises that way.

That still doesn't mean that there aren't a bunch of hidden supplies in places, some that I haven't seen people find yet even. i.e. Slime world is just more of an egg than a secret since it takes way too long to do proper.

Also: https://youtu.be/8EkN8WtFTpE?t=190 (everybody needs to watch this)

User is offline   Vagan 

I typically don't post, but this is golden (and Ion Fury ROCKS, thanks gals & guys!!)

User is offline   Forge 

View Postoasiz, on 27 September 2019 - 08:09 AM, said:

Zone7 has nothing as secrets since it's a rather linear map with bunch of one-way points, although you can still backtrack.
I thought it was just much better to have some key points not spoil you with messages and leave a few surprises that way.

That still doesn't mean that there aren't a bunch of hidden supplies in places, some that I haven't seen people find yet even. i.e. Slime world is just more of an egg than a secret since it takes way too long to do proper.

i ended up watching that walkthough vid on steam for zone 7 to see what he found & he missed the 200 armor in the pillar.

View Postoasiz, on 27 September 2019 - 08:09 AM, said:

also: that was pretty funny

This post has been edited by Forge: 27 September 2019 - 02:50 PM

In 1.02 Shelly no longer says "nothing there" or makes any noises when pressing use on random walls.

This post has been edited by Lazy Dog: 27 September 2019 - 02:15 PM

User is offline   Forge 

View PostLazy Dog, on 27 September 2019 - 02:14 PM, said:

In 1.02 Shelly no longer says "nothing there" or makes any noises when pressing use on random walls.

i've been playing it & I'm not having that issue

View PostForge, on 27 September 2019 - 02:25 PM, said:

i've been playing it & I'm not having that issue

Just started a new run and it still happens, i'm using the gog version but a couple of guys on the steam forums have the same problem:

https://steamcommuni...38005508652982/

https://steamcommuni...38005515437137/

This post has been edited by Lazy Dog: 27 September 2019 - 03:00 PM

User is offline   Forge 

I've been playing the steam version (non-beta option)
Also a new run since 1.02a came out, so I'm only in the first or second map of zone 2

it "feels" as if the frequency of wall checking grunts and comments have decreased, but it still does it.

edit: just launched my last save & messed around a bit. She grunts (the few variations) about 9 out of 10 times, & says, "nothing there" roughly 1 in 10.

Maybe it's an audio driver issue that only affects certain systems or OS's

This post has been edited by Forge: 27 September 2019 - 04:37 PM

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View PostLazy Dog, on 27 September 2019 - 03:00 PM, said:

Just started a new run and it still happens

It was fixed in 1.02a.

View PostHendricks266, on 27 September 2019 - 03:51 PM, said:

It was fixed in 1.02a.

Gog Galaxy shows last version as 1.02, from september 18, so i guess that patch is not out there. Oh well, as long as it's fixed.

This post has been edited by Lazy Dog: 27 September 2019 - 05:10 PM

User is offline   oasiz 

• Dr. Effector

View PostForge, on 27 September 2019 - 02:13 PM, said:

i ended up watching that walkthough vid on steam for zone 7 to see what he found & he missed the 200 armor in the pillar.

I think everyone missed that the rooftop with the pipe in that first gauntlet area with the brutes has a powerup hidden away

User is offline   Master O 

Out of curiosity, is multiplayer for Ion Fury on the horizon?

I expert Workshop is first

Looks like there's a possible progress breaking bug in 1.02a, in Institutionalized - The Washington Institute.

The switch is pulled, but the platform didn't lower down. And can't use the switch multiple times. Wandered around the level for a long time, then looked at a youtube vid.

Really digging the game by the way, a lot of great levels.

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by PsychoGoatee: 29 September 2019 - 12:51 PM

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

3DR version is still at v1.02 as far as I was able to see.

User is offline   Forge 

View PostPsychoGoatee, on 29 September 2019 - 12:44 PM, said:

Looks like there's a possible progress breaking bug in 1.02a, in Institutionalized - The Washington Institute.

The switch is pulled, but the platform didn't lower down. And can't use the switch multiple times.

Just played that map & it worked

User is offline   Forge 

how I feel about the drones and mechsects while playing Ion Fury at Maximum Fury

Posted Image

User is offline   oasiz 

• Dr. Effector

Psycho, can you by any chance replicate that?

Only way I've managed to do that is if you hug the walls when you enter the place and "bounce" the window blinders near the entrace, which reverts the stupid SE31/32 setup I have

View Postoasiz, on 30 September 2019 - 06:13 AM, said:

Psycho, can you by any chance replicate that?

Only way I've managed to do that is if you hug the walls when you enter the place and "bounce" the window blinders near the entrace, which reverts the stupid SE31/32 setup I have

Giving that a go now through level select. This might be more complicated, but yesterday I actually entered the building through the opening spinning door, it wasn't blocked by a blast door. So I played the level in a completely different order. One thing I recalled is it was the most open non-linear level, so even without that switch being stuck I was wandering around a lot. I made note that I didn't actually need the red or yellow key, since I was able to enter both of those rooms through different means as well. Like using a vent to get to that room with the switch, instead of the red keycard. Also the door that keeps going up and down to outside on the left side of the building was always in the down position for me. The blast doors on the right/Eastern part of the building may also have been open from what I recall, even though I hadn't been into the room the lowering platform gets you to yet. And for the record, I had not used any cheats up until that point of the game. Did use noclip and flying after posting that switch bug to get past it though.

Anyways, this time via level select the blast door of the building on the main street is there, and I'm entering through the left side of the building. And the switch works this time. So the stuff with the blast doors being up, the malfunctioning door on the left side of the building not rising, the right side of the building's blast doors being up etc are other possible related quirks/bugs that led to me playing the level out of sequence I guess, which may be related.

If I reload my save file from the beginning of that level in my playthrough instead of using level select, the blast doors on the main street are always open so I enter from the main street. So I'm not sure whether that blast door being closed or open at the start of the level is the intended state. The right side of the building is still closed off via some blast doors this time though. I haven't been able to recreate the bug of the platform not working, which is good. Tried both with using the red keycard, or using the vent and not using the red keycard. One thing is this time I always need to use the yellow keycard, which I didn't in the first playthrough with the bug, so it's possible not using the yellow key can be related or something.

User is offline   oasiz 

• Dr. Effector

Thanks, can you perhaps send the save file where the doors do not close or similar?

SE31 (floor Z) has a feature where the movement is also on/off instead of pure A -> B, if you toggle it in the middle of an animation (i.e. cancel some effect linked to it), it will likely send a signal again to the platforms that are linked to it and order it to stop in this case.

When you flip the switch that is supposed to lower the platforms, instead of lowering, it will simply travel "up" the remaining distance that it never got to do. This would basically require yet another toggle to do the lowering animation.

Basically same input first raises and then lowers.
But if you somehow manage to poke that input once it's rising, it will "pause" instead and resume whatever it was doing when it gets toggled again.

User is offline   Forge 

View PostPsychoGoatee, on 30 September 2019 - 08:47 AM, said:

So I played the level in a completely different order. One thing I recalled is it was the most open non-linear level, so even without that switch being stuck I was wandering around a lot. .......... Also the door that keeps going up and down to outside on the left side of the building was always in the down position for me. The blast doors on the right/Eastern part of the building may also have been open from what I recall, even though I hadn't been into the room the lowering platform gets you to yet. And for the record,

wow.
not saying you did it, but your description sounds like the map started in a state equivalent of 'dnunlock' being used

(not needing the red or yellow cards is normal)

This post has been edited by Forge: 30 September 2019 - 09:06 AM

Share this topic:

• 136 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options