• 136 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ion Fury  "formerly Ion Maiden, launching August 15!"

User is offline   Sanek 

View Postcybdmn, on 10 September 2019 - 08:34 AM, said:

Really? Whoever is in charge of these websites should start to do his fucking job.

Joe Siegler, isn't it? Or he's only in charge of forums?

Anyway, the company that bears 3DRealms name wants to have all the glory of a cult gam company, but just don't want to bother with such boring things like site updates, bug fixes and stuff.

Scott Miller is still here. I wonder what he thinks of all this and how much power he really have.

This post has been edited by Sanek: 10 September 2019 - 11:49 AM

User is offline   ryche 

View PostSanek, on 10 September 2019 - 11:46 AM, said:

Joe Siegler, isn't it? Or he's only in charge of forums?

Anyway, the company that bears 3DRealms name wants to have all the glory of a cult gam company, but just don't want to bother with such boring things like site updates, bug fixes and stuff.

Scott Miller is still here. I wonder what he thinks of all this and how much power he really have.

I don’t think Joe handled the site aspect, just the forums when they were up. I saw, according to posts in their News section, that Fred posts some of the articles or that it’s just his name attached.

User is offline   the_raven 

View PostPutrid Pete, on 10 September 2019 - 11:31 AM, said:

I'm really having seconds thoughts on getting the big box edition. The shipment alone costs 25 dollars to be shipped to my third world shithole. That's the same asking price for the digital edition of the game alone. I can use a courier service to ship it to a US locker and then have it brought here for much cheaper, but I don't know... I'm still considering it.

Where would that be? I'm asking because I'm kind of in the same situation. 25$ may not be a big deal in 'the West' but for us eastern folk, it kind of is. Part of the reason why I don't buy as many video-games as I used to - they all cost 20$+ on the internet (and most, if not all cd-stores in town have closed) which is too much when translated into my country's currency (considering my salary as well).*
Anyway, is there any real point in buying these box-sets to begin with? Other than some collectable junk that'll just gather dust around the house until it becomes expensive enough to be resold on e-bay or amazon, it's really useless, no? And yes, I know some box-sets have flash disks and whatnot, but still.

*In case anyone wonders, my current salary is ~150$, and a video-game at a physical store used to cost ~4$ (new releases and dvd's would cost up to ~12$), and Ion Fury currently costs 12.49$ at GOG (and Steam as well, apparently). So go figure!

This post has been edited by the_raven: 10 September 2019 - 01:06 PM

View Postthe_raven, on 10 September 2019 - 12:42 PM, said:

Where would that be? I'm asking because I'm kind of in the same situation. 25$ may not be a big deal in 'the West' but for us eastern folk, it kind of is. Part of the reason why I don't buy as many video-games as I used to - they all cost 20$+, which is too much when translated into my country's currency (considering my salary as well).
Anyway, is there any real point in buying these box-sets to begin with? Other than some collectable junk that'll just gather dust around the house until it becomes expensive enough to be resold on e-bay or amazon, it's really useless, no? And yes, I know some box-sets have flash disks and whatnot, but still.

I live in the Caribbean region, the Dominican Republic, to be exact. We're that other big island next to Cuba that isn't communist and shares its land with Haiti. Anyway, if money is an issue, my advice would be to just get the digital version. The big box is more a luxury for the goodies and the packaging than something you will need to actually play the game.

Posted Image
Hand over the keycards Shelly

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

View PostTruck Stop Santa Claus, on 10 September 2019 - 06:22 PM, said:

Posted Image
Hand over the keycards Shelly

Dude... I think you're taking the "this man has no dick" line a little too literally with that one.

Posted Image
Implying Ted Cruz memes aren't top tier

User is offline   gemeaux333 

Shelly "Bombshell" Harrison : "This man is the worst I have ever seen yet : he have no dick !"
Dylan : "Hey Duke (Nukem), Bomshell have told transphobian words, that's unacceptable !"

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

View PostTerminX, on 10 September 2019 - 08:16 PM, said:

Dude... I think you're taking the "this man has no dick" line a little too literally with that one.

If that's the meme then he should have photoshopped in the face of Caitlyn Jenner.

What's the best place for posting your map/mods for Ion Fury around here?

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

View PostTruck Stop Santa Claus, on 11 September 2019 - 07:17 PM, said:

What's the best place for posting your map/mods for Ion Fury around here?

Ion Fury mapping section :(

User is offline   Sanek 

Why don't they open the workshop section on Steam?

User is offline   Hank 

View PostDavoX, on 12 September 2019 - 04:06 AM, said:

Ion Fury mapping section :(

Where?

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

The Ion Fury Mapping thread. And it's ironic he's asking about it because Truck Stop WTF has already posted in it. Posted Image

This post has been edited by Radar: 12 September 2019 - 07:00 AM

User is offline   Sledgehammer 

• Once you start doubting, there's no end to it

Considering we have this section, it's not that weird.

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

Didn't say it was weerd, I said it was iRoNiC.

The ironic thing is that Ion Fury has no separate section, despite the fact that the game was developed by the people that run the site. :(

User is offline   ReaperAA 

BTW I have a suggestion about the IF builds of Eduke32. Is it possible to add visibility slider in the color options like there is in regular Eduke32 builds. I ask because I find the default visibility=1.0 to be too low and I prefer visibility=2.0 personally.

I know that this can be changed in the settings.cfg file by adding r_ambientlight=2.0 but having a menu option would be nice.

This post has been edited by ReaperAA: 12 September 2019 - 08:53 AM

Come on guys, I thought it was just for asking questions

User is offline   Hank 

^ same, but as I always say: 'learn something new every day :P

As a side note, even at the height of 3D Realm's, they did not host maps either; so, like in the old days, make your own site for your maps, or now, wait for Steam to have the Workshop up and running. :(

This post has been edited by Hank: 12 September 2019 - 10:11 AM

View PostTruck Stop Santa Claus, on 12 September 2019 - 09:30 AM, said:

Come on guys, I thought it was just for asking questions

I guess you could as well just make a thread for the map (or map releases in general, with no discussions, just plain releases with downloads posting) anyway if necessary, like in Duke dedicated section. In existing IF map discussion thread it would be pretty easy to miss map release posts due to other posting, IMO.

This post has been edited by Sledgehammer: 12 September 2019 - 10:24 AM

View PostHank, on 12 September 2019 - 10:09 AM, said:

^ same, but as I always say: 'learn something new every day :P

As a side note, even at the height of 3D Realm's, they did not host maps either; so, like in the old days, make your own site for your maps, or now, wait for Steam to have the Workshop up and running. :(

I put up a Ion Fury game page on Gamebanana
That's what I use

User is offline   Master O 

So when's the next revision to Ion Fury coming out for GOG? I'm told it has another beta on Steam.

User is offline   Hank 

View PostMaster O, on 13 September 2019 - 08:49 AM, said:

So when's the next revision to Ion Fury coming out for GOG? I'm told it has another beta on Steam.

May I humbly suggest to get a copy of Ion Fury on Steam? This is what I did. Much cheaper than getting (in my case) tender tantrums, i.e. waste of time etc. :(

User is offline   Mblackwell 

• Evil Overlord

The patch isn't ready yet so it hasn't been distributed.

User is offline   Master O 

View PostHank, on 13 September 2019 - 09:46 AM, said:

May I humbly suggest to get a copy of Ion Fury on Steam? This is what I did. Much cheaper than getting (in my case) tender tantrums, i.e. waste of time etc. :(

I already won IF on GOG via a giveaway, but thanks anyway.

View PostMblackwell, on 13 September 2019 - 10:35 AM, said:

The patch isn't ready yet so it hasn't been distributed.

Thanks for the update.

This post has been edited by Master O: 13 September 2019 - 10:51 AM

lucky boy

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

I haven't finished the game & the update made me lose the last 3 levels. I was on lvl 27 Hazardous Disposal pt2, now all my saves take me back to lvl 24 Hellmouth.
I think the bowling bombs are dumber than they were before & have even more problems locking onto enemies. I'll have to play it more to see.

User is offline   MetHy 

View PostForge, on 18 September 2019 - 10:38 AM, said:

I haven't finished the game & the update made me lose the last 3 levels. I was on lvl 27 Hazardous Disposal pt2, now all my saves take me back to lvl 24 Hellmouth.
I think the bowling bombs are dumber than they were before & have even more problems locking onto enemies. I'll have to play it more to see.

Saves are not compatible between versions so for updates IF uses a custom system that brings you back to the latest point just past a point of no return with all your current inventory, it's the best that can be done with the current save system.

In most cases this simply leads to restarting the current map you're in from the beginning, or in a couple of cases, the map prior to that. Zone6 is the exception as it is one big interconnected zone so there is no choice but to go back to the start of the zone.

Any idea when the Gog version is getting the update?.

Share this topic:

• 136 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options