• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ion Fury  "formerly Ion Maiden, launching August 15!"

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

View PostMetHy, on 18 September 2019 - 10:59 AM, said:

In most cases this simply leads to restarting the current map you're in from the beginning, or in a couple of cases, the map prior to that. Zone6 is the exception as it is one big interconnected zone so there is no choice but to go back to the start of the zone.

[silver lining]I missed a secret somewhere in 25 or 26, so I suppose I can use this as an opportunity to try again to find it. [/silver lining]

This post has been edited by Forge: 18 September 2019 - 11:08 AM

All of my maps and mods still work
I'm good

User is offline   Mblackwell 

• Evil Overlord

View PostForge, on 18 September 2019 - 10:38 AM, said:

I haven't finished the game & the update made me lose the last 3 levels. I was on lvl 27 Hazardous Disposal pt2, now all my saves take me back to lvl 24 Hellmouth.
I think the bowling bombs are dumber than they were before & have even more problems locking onto enemies. I'll have to play it more to see.

They are the same as before, however their homing mechanism activates sooner in their charge cycle than before. Also when they are homing they will flash white until they lock on and then the color changes to orange. Before you throw the charge bar and weapon part of the HUD will be flashing white and a sparkling white flash dances on the bottom of the screen and there's a sound cue. Those are all indications of homing ability..

So the charge-until-homing is much easier to gauge and you should have an simpler time easing homing bombs so they flow smoothly around corners and take out enemies.

Edit:

View PostForge, on 18 September 2019 - 11:06 AM, said:

[silver lining]I missed a secret somewhere in 25 or 26, so I suppose I can use this as an opportunity to try again to find it. [/silver lining]

Are you sure the silver lining isn't that you weren't at the end of a 100% Maximum Fury run?

User is offline   Forge 

View PostMblackwell, on 18 September 2019 - 05:22 PM, said:

They are the same as before, however their homing mechanism activates sooner in their charge cycle than before. Also when they are homing they will flash white until they lock on and then the color changes to orange. Before you throw the charge bar and weapon part of the HUD will be flashing white and a sparkling white flash dances on the bottom of the screen and there's a sound cue. Those are all indications of homing ability..

So the charge-until-homing is much easier to gauge and you should have an simpler time easing homing bombs so they flow smoothly around corners and take out enemies.

Are you sure the silver lining isn't that you weren't at the end of a 100% Maximum Fury run?

before if the enemies were still in a static state, the bowling bombs would occasionally just roll around, bounce off a couple walls & stop. This last time there were active awake enemies around a corner, I rolled a bowling bomb at them, it went around the corner like it was homing, then it stalled and stopped (the zombies didn't climb up on anything - there was nothing to climb up on anyway).
Like I mentioned, I would want to play some more and for the behavior to repeat at least a half-dozen times before I start seriously posting a bug report.

&
I had all but one secret, but I only had 99% on enemies for three or four maps, so I was nowhere near a 100% run. (& I'm playing at the Visceral difficulty on my very first play-through)
The worst was that secret where the llama doll is. All that platforming was brutal, I had to do it two or three times because of save issues. & I'm not sure I want to do it again.

This post has been edited by Forge: 18 September 2019 - 05:48 PM

User is offline   Mblackwell 

• Evil Overlord

Speed is reduced by collisions generally - enough to be stopped even. Also iirc slope has an impact on speed as well, not to mention trajectory.

Anyway, hopefully you have no more issues.

User is offline   Forge 

View PostMblackwell, on 18 September 2019 - 05:44 PM, said:

Speed is reduced by collisions generally - enough to be stopped even. Also iirc slope has an impact on speed as well, not to mention trajectory.

Anyway, hopefully you have no more issues.

Flat floor with no obstacles.

Well I found the secret I was missing (in the reactor room with the three rotating sectors that have to be stopped with switches), but my count is still off by 1.
One secret above a coalcart used to count as 2, now it only counts as 1, but the game is still looking for 27 when it should be looking for 26 since the number of secrets was reduced by one.
There were only 2 secrets left when I departed Hazardous Disposal, now that I returned, I'm still missing three, same as before the patch even though I found an additional secret.

edit:
And it's the gift that keeps on giving.
I started the game & loaded my last save & now it lists the proper 24 out of 26 instead of 27.

I can only guess that the game was confused because it kept my old pre-patch data in a cache until I restarted the program or something

This post has been edited by Forge: 18 September 2019 - 10:21 PM

Cool to see the patch out, congrats on that and the game's release! I haven't played yet, but it's at the top of my list next time I'm gaming.

User is offline   Master O 

Devs:

When's the patch gonna be out for GOG?

View PostMaster O, on 19 September 2019 - 05:59 AM, said:

Devs:

When's the patch gonna be out for GOG?

The patch is already available through GOG Galaxy as you can see here. For the offline installer, if you've used GOG before then you know it usually takes them a day or two in posting the latest version for download. The reason for the delay is usually that they need to curate the files send to them by the devs and add all the stuff they usually put in it to make it a 'gog installer', so to speak.

This post has been edited by Putrid Pete: 19 September 2019 - 07:04 AM

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

3DR is already out, too. Nice to see there aren't any big delays with update rollouts. Can stay that way!

User is offline   oasiz 

• Dr. Effector

Updates generally should be rather quick but betas will not be outside of steam

User is offline   Forge 

back to back patches
I'm getting pretty good at Hellmouth and the levels that follow it

User is offline   Forge 

Is it intentional that the player can't jump (or climb a ladder) when the mechbots are present?

Also found a stray one-sided sprite facing downwards in Hazardous Disposal pt 2

Attached File  capt0000.jpg (288.62K)
Number of downloads: 27

Attached File  capt0001.jpg (272.4K)
Number of downloads: 18

edit:
forgot to mention, the lab door before dropping down into the pool of blood is also glitchy, but it never crushed me & always let me through.

Attached File  capt0000.jpg (210.05K)
Number of downloads: 18

Attached File  capt0001.jpg (166.79K)
Number of downloads: 16

Attached File  capt0002.jpg (132.12K)
Number of downloads: 14

This post has been edited by Forge: 19 September 2019 - 11:01 PM

Build sure is buggy, isn't

User is offline   Forge 

View PostTruck Stop Santa Claus, on 20 September 2019 - 05:43 PM, said:

Build sure is buggy, isn't

in some areas
in the two I posted, the sprite was probably an accidentally left over, since it's not easily found. The door looks like the mapper was trying to be too tight with their vertices and accidentally overlapped them.

Considering the number of maps, and the size, scope, and detailing involved, a few minor things isn't that big of a deal. They are a lot more precise and clean than Duke3d, or the other build games.
I only posted them in case they plan to do another patch & maybe want to tidy a couple things up.

Some clipping in Hazard Disposal, happens if you jump while on the surface.

Note that i am still using 1.0 so i don't know if it's been fixed already, but couldn't find anything on the changelog.

This post has been edited by Lazy Dog: 20 September 2019 - 06:58 PM

looks normal to me

User is offline   VGA 

View PostTruck Stop Santa Claus, on 20 September 2019 - 07:58 PM, said:

looks normal to me

Are you trolling or what?

User is offline   Master O 

The Ion Fury backup link on GOG still says the version is 1.0, but the changelog says 1.02. Is that supposed to be correct?

This post has been edited by Master O: 21 September 2019 - 10:06 AM

View PostVGA, on 20 September 2019 - 09:27 PM, said:

Are you trolling or what?

the floor is water with a teleport, the ceiling is a sprite
I'd be shocked if something like that didn't happen :(

User is offline   MetHy 

That ceiling is TROR actually. It was better than sprites to prevent enemies from doing stupid things.

I hadn't cheeked that map in Mapster yet, just amused it was a sprite :(

View PostMaster O, on 21 September 2019 - 10:06 AM, said:

The Ion Fury backup link on GOG still says the version is 1.0, but the changelog says 1.02. Is that supposed to be correct?

I don't think the offline installer has been undated yet.

EDIT: i kept the installer that i first downloaded, so i just downloaded it again and compared it, it's the same. The digital signature still says August 15th, that should have changed if the installer was updated, right?

This post has been edited by Lazy Dog: 21 September 2019 - 11:21 AM

User is offline   Romulus 

I initially bought the game on GOG and then bought it again on Steam. Two hours after I purchased the game on Steam, the whole GOG has gotten the update news started circulating. Anyhow, I am okay with that as long as I get access to Beta builds.

User is offline   Hank 

August's Top Releases at Steam.

Here is the list of August's top new releases ordered by release date ...

Ion Fury - Voidpoint LLC (US)
Most of the team came from modding backgrounds with extensive amounts of time spent creating Build Engine content. Ion Fury represents their first full commercial collaboration together.
from
https://steamcommuni.../announcements/

:P :( :D

Made a video for the new user map
https://youtu.be/7iXh5fE7EqM

User is offline   MrFlibble 

That's a very sweet map! Following the footsteps of Duke3D and SW but still has a unique style to it.

User is offline   Forge 

View PostTruck Stop Santa Claus, on 23 September 2019 - 09:08 PM, said:

Made a video for the new user map

looked decent. good, but not great
-shading and detailing were very sporadic. Good in some places, missing in others.
-the layout and enemy placement seemed random with little thought to progression
maybe it was just your video

I thought the dark hallway was kind of confusing (bright light at the end would have helped) but I don't have much else to complain about

User is offline   Forge 

just a suggestion, but you should include a link to download the map in your video description, so people who don't have it don't have to create a discord account, sign up with the 3drealms channel, then wade through months (eventually years) of posts in order to find it.

Share this topic:

• 136 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options