• 19 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Windows 10

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Thanks for that!

I'm doing A-OK on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. How come you don't update your Windows 10? I've heard Microsoft is terminating mainstream support on the older builds.

Has anyone downloaded and installed the Windows 10 April Update? How is it? No problems atm.

I upgraded-in-place my older system. Bootup and logon both seem to be slower, but that may be due to Windows Search re-indexing and Windows Store reinstalling the built-in apps.

If I have time this weekend, I may try a clean install (I already have the ISO) to see if that works better, and to see what the default apps / Start panel / etc look like.

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

Works well, but it's autoinstalled a load of shite onto my computer. Candy Crush Saga? FOAD!!!!

User is offline   Hank 

I had some issues when I clicked ‘Shut Down’. Usually, I do this while standing and then walking away. Well, apparently you need to wait and see. In my case I got the message This App is Preventing Shutdown and you need to click another button to force a shut down, or the comp will keep on running. Look like Registry Editor time ...

The Registry Editor is now part of the Menu under Administrative Tools. No more typing regedit and hope you did not misspell it (I did many times, so I made a menu item for it). Now it's part of the package. :rolleyes:
The last time I messed with the editor was like 8 years ago, looks like 10 will get me hooked on it again.

b.t.w. If you have the same issue the link below describes what to enter in the Registry.
https://www.askvg.co...restart-screen/

This post has been edited by Hank: 11 January 2020 - 02:06 PM

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

Windows 10 dosen't actually shut down like 7 does. One handy thing is to go into C:\Windows\System32 and find 'shutdown.exe'.

You can create a desktop shortcut and use the command argument "C:\Windows\System32\shutdown.exe /s /t 0"

Share this topic:

• 19 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options