• You cannot reply to this topic

The Serious Sam Thread  "In anticipation for SS4"

User is online   Lunick 

That Serious Sam Origins video is almost 2 years old :|

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Never saw it. :)

For those who don't already know about Serious Sam Origins:

It's a mod for Classic TSE that aims to restore the original version of Serious Sam before it was reworked into TFE, using content from alpha versions of Serious Sam (Only a few of the Egypt levels survived into TFE while others are only similar in name). The mod will feature new (old?) weapons such as Pipebombs, Flamethrower, and a Beam Gun; new (old?) monsters like water golems, space dragons and cyborg werecats; and 46 new (old?) levels including 3 secret levels, one of which features content from an even older version of Serious Sam called In The Flesh. The story is mostly the same; the hero, Serious Sam, is losing a war in the future against Notorious Mental, the ultra-powerful alien overlord that's been throwing headless freaks at you, so he has to go back in time to bright Ancient Egypt to find a spaceship, travel around colorful Planetoids, and fight Mental in his home base of the high-tech Sky City on the planet Sirius. Despite the semi-official nature of this mod, ultimately the plot, rendition of Mental, and everything that appears in this mod is completely non-canon; it only serves as a what-if game if Croteam stuck with the original design and release it in 2000.

The mod was announced 3 years ago and was supposed to be released in 2014, but we haven't got any news aside from a "We are not dead" announcement last year. With the lead developer now going full-time on Serious Sam 4, it'd be a wonder if the mod will be done before SS4 is out. Here's all the screenshots released so far.

This post has been edited by PikaCommando: 03 June 2016 - 09:12 AM

User is offline   leilei 

PikaCommando, on 03 June 2016 - 08:58 AM, said:

For those who don't already know about Serious Sam Origins:

I'm sure everyone here knows given that a Bryan incident is directly involved, as alpha shit is the magnet of careless little dorks that want to make a "beta's master" name for themselves no matter the collateral damage caused, soiling all genuine prototypical interest all for a false placebo of having a 'superior' and 'raw/uncut' version. I sympathize with the ongoing reclusivity of veteran game developers because of them.

This post has been edited by leilei: 03 June 2016 - 03:00 PM

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

leilei, on 03 June 2016 - 02:32 PM, said:

I'm sure everyone here knows given that a Bryan incident is directly involved, as alpha shit is the magnet of careless little dorks that want to make a "beta's master" name for themselves no matter the collateral damage caused, soiling all genuine prototypical interest all for a false placebo of having a 'superior' and 'raw/uncut' version. I sympathize with the ongoing reclusivity of veteran game developers because of them.

Is there an account of the full story anywhere?

Hendricks266, on 03 June 2016 - 03:26 PM, said:

Is there an account of the full story anywhere?

iirc it went something like this: SeriousSite.ru was collaborating with Croteam to make Serious Sam Origins sometime in 2013, but one of the developers gave it to their friend who gave it to their friend who gave it to their friend who eventually gave it to someone that leaked it to the public in 2014.

Anyway, let's keep the bullshit out.

This post has been edited by PikaCommando: 04 June 2016 - 03:34 AM

User is online   Lunick 

https://twitter.com/...322472909975552

Basically confirmed to be happening now

User is offline   HulkNukem 

Serious Sam VR
:|

What a letdown. Like the original game wasn't immersive enough without a freaking VR set.
It's the same engine too.

User is offline   Richard Shead 

• "Dick Nasty"

....Seriously? :)

This better be just a side project and not the true Serious Sam 4

My most optimistic guess is that this is a test project to make next Serious Sam game VR compatible. (maybe)
I also don't really believe that a 5 year gap between SS3 and this wasn't enough to improve Serious Engine considering that they'd managed to create a new engine in 4 years after the release of SS2 (SS:HD was released in 2009).
Otherwise this is a rather odd move to limit your audience only to people whom both have a VR set and like Serious Sam games.

This post has been edited by Mister Sinister: 13 June 2016 - 09:01 AM

Yeah, it's just a side project because there's nothing much to show of SS4 at the moment.

Also, here's a SS4 enemy hidden in the trailer:

Posted Image

User is offline   ---- 

Meh ...

Some of the environments look cool, though. Hope they are used in SS4 too.

This post has been edited by fuegerstef: 13 June 2016 - 09:01 AM

Looking on the bright side, I bet when you only have dual revolvers, your aim has to be precise, and a horde of Kamikazes starts running at your, it is fucking intense.
This could be a fun little game, and I look forward to trying it when it comes out, but I still want me a proper Sam game

Posted Image

User is online   Lunick 

http://store.steampo...com/app/465240/

6 months Early Access

Posted Image

What the hell am I looking at?

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

That's a legit way to make a 3D model of a backpack.

• The Sarien Encounter

Photogrammetry. Don't even need to model anymore!

This post has been edited by PikaCommando: 27 July 2016 - 07:04 AM

A twin stick shooter already sounds like a better premise than the three other indie Serious Sam games we got.

Wow complete with HUD face. That's awesome.

Definitely going to get it when it's released.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

I'm glad you guys like HUD faces. :P

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

So that's probably the Duke cameo Jon St John was talking about.

Sam doesn't sound anything like how he should though. Are they not using the original guy?

It's the same voice actor (as always), it's just that his voice has to be processed to sound like "Serious Sam".

I think his "usual" voice in the main SS games are around 2 pitches lower.

Posted Image

• The Sarien Encounter

Ooooooo

Share this topic:

• 12 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options