Duke4.net Forums: The Serious Sam Thread - Duke4.net Forums

• 12 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Serious Sam Thread  "In anticipation for SS4"

User is offline   gemeaux333 

Is Serious Sam 4 meant to be a soft reboot (ref: the final level) ?

In the new plot which, luckily, de-canonize Serious Sam II from the official timeline (SS4 > minor chapters in between > SS3:BFE > SS:TFE > SS:TSE > SS:5? unless they don't do it as another prequel/midquel chapter) only things that seems to contradict a little the first chapters are the Graal, become a stick in SS4 when in SS:TSE both Classic and HD was in it's most know form of a calice, and possibly those time trips that future Sam use to help his past self to change something that must have gone wrong, it's pretty clear we'll see how he managed to get the technology (that could be simply the same kind of timewarp device always present since the beginning of the saga) right in the next chapter.

User is offline   Sanek 

I opened this thread by accident, thinking it's a Pajama Sam thread.

User is offline   gemeaux333 

I rather think its SS3:BFE > SS:TFE > SS:TSE > SS4 and SS4 is in the past like in terminator movies...

User is offline   Šneček 

I first met Serious Sam a few years ago in a TV series about computer games, which at the time was a review of Serious Sam 3 BFE. At the time, I was looking for some let's play on YouTube for this game, but I probably didn't get too excited about it - it seemed like a real madness to me (in fact, it still seems so to me), so I didn't even think to try it. After a few years, the time came when I probably didn't know what to play, so I decided to download the first part of TFE (the reason was also that I like kind of games that contain secret levels in addition to normal levels). After a few levels, I became bored with the constant monotony of the whole game, I always came to some "arena", where hordes of enemies began to appear and when I managed to eliminate them all, I could continue on my way, so I deleted it from the computer. When the next few years passed, I wanted to give her a second chance, but it turned out the same way only with the difference that I got to about halfway through the game. Then came the year 2020, when I started thinking again that I could try it by the third, but I was still waiting with it and it paid off, because TFE finally appeared for free on GOG. So last year I managed to finish the game for the first time until the very end (because of the last boss I had to watch a youtube gameplay, because when the boss lacked only half the health, all weapons ceased to be effective - only then did I understand that my task is not to destroy him immediately but to continue on the way to the temple and kill him afterwards - it took me about 3 days before I figured it out). I also managed to find both entrances to the secret levels, which increased my interest in the series. I finished the second part of this series yesterday and I am planning the Serious Sam 3 for next year, because the last level of the second part did not go without frustration over the number of my deaths and this year I want to have peace of mind from this series :-)

This post has been edited by Šneček: 04 March 2021 - 10:00 AM

User is offline   Ninety-Six 

The man's 20th was just a couple of days ago.

Happy belated birthday to this franchise.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Serious Sam 2 apparently just got an update allowing dual-wielding, monster multipliers, "vital bugfixes", and a bunch of cutting-room-floor DM maps.

https://store.steamp...843659824215488

User is online   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

The Croteam guys are crazy. SS2 is maybe the most controversial title in the entire series due to its different style. They haven't given up on it after all these years, which reveals how much they care.

Btw, is SS2 still a standalone title or have they managed to integrate it into that Serious Sam Fusion launcher?

User is offline   Ninety-Six 

That headline could not be more accurate. Damn.

And yet I'd be more surprised if it was any developer but Croteam. They're the only ones crazy enough to pull stuff like this.

Not a complaint, of course. I wonder how that multiplier system works...?

Share this topic:

• 12 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options