Duke4.net Forums: Duke Plus - Duke4.net Forums

• 57 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke Plus  "feedback and general discussion of Duke Plus"

User is offline   tomo 

Hello, Trooper Dan.

I just noticed that since DP 2.40 in the map Blackened you can no longer collect the blue accesscard that you collect with the night vision goggles it shows up but just seems to be solid.

I've also got a question to ask, i really like the quote style that you put into Essential Duke when you pick up weapons and ive been trying to implement it into DP so far everything seems to be good but i ran into a problem with the tripbomb/moncapsule, i don't know how to make it differentiate between the two, so when i pickup either i get pickup quotes for both, this is what the code looks like any help is much appreciated thanks.

userquote 1089
        addweapon TRIPBOMB_WEAPON 1
        ifvarn playerally 0 setvar RETURN 1089 else
        setvar RETURN 58
        userquote 58
        ifspawnedby TRIPBOMBSPRITE
          state getweaponcode
        else
          state quikweaponget

EDIT: I actually managed to fix my issue by using this,

addweapon TRIPBOMB_WEAPON 1
        ifvarn playerally 0 userquote 1089
	ifvarn playerally 1 userquote 58
        ifspawnedby TRIPBOMBSPRITE
          state getweaponcode
        else
          state quikweaponget

but now ive noticed even without any modified cons using a fresh install of DukePlus it still shows lasertripbomb upon initial pickup of a moncapsule, is there anyway around this or is it something that's hardcoded?

This post has been edited by tomo: 30 May 2017 - 05:02 AM

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View Posttomo, on 30 May 2017 - 03:57 AM, said:

but now ive noticed even without any modified cons using a fresh install of DukePlus it still shows lasertripbomb upon initial pickup of a moncapsule, is there anyway around this or is it something that's hardcoded?

It's been a while since I've worked on DukePlus, but I don't think I ever bothered to add a separate quote for picking up a moncapsule. The moncapsule is the laser tripbomb tile number displaying a different graphic, so what you would need to do is detect the variable for whether the moncapsule feature is being used (ifvare dukemon YES might do it) and have it display a different quote in that case.

The keycard bug report is worrying -- I wonder if I made the same mistake that I recently did (and then corrected) in Essential Duke. Can you confirm that other keycards work?

User is offline   tomo 

I can confirm normal keycards work fine, it's just that one that i had problems with, thanks for letting me know ill see if I can get it working.

User is offline   Lukaso 

Hello Trooper Dan, I really love your DukePlus addon for a few years and I have one question/suggestion. Did you think about adding flamethrower weapon in Hi-res model as alternative weapon under key 0 where freezer is (similiar to chaingun/minigun or shotgun/sawn off shotgun slots) with its own type of ammo as in official 20th edition? It would be really amazing.

I tried make weapon model similiar to original one from 20th edition but I'm not good in graphic editing so I used model from z-pack for me (it's same model as original from HRP pack but it's changed to red color plus few more details). Sadly Im not good programmer in .CON files so I was able only to change weapon skin model and projectiles but everything else remained unchanged (blue lighting of projectile, ability to freeze enemies and mighty foot kick action). That doesn't look good of course so that's why I wanted to ask you if you could think about this add.

Thank you in advance for your reply :)

User is offline   Jim 

I do not like dukebots since I have to compete with them to kill stuff, is there a console command to delete them when they spawn?

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostJim, on 12 September 2018 - 01:58 PM, said:

I do not like dukebots since I have to compete with them to kill stuff, is there a console command to delete them when they spawn?

They shouldn't be spawning at all, unless:
1) You have them set to spawn in the DukePlus menu (in which case open the menu and turn that setting off)
OR
2) They are set to spawn by the level designer, in which case there is no command to get rid of them. You might be able to kill them, though. It's been a long time, but there might be a friendly fire setting in the menu which would allow you to kill them.

I decided to take a trip down memory lane and dug up this old armor vest skin. But I can't seem to make it work once Duke picks up armor. Maybe because it needs to be rewritten (It was made about 10 years ago.)

Attached File(s)

• Attached File  armor.rar (473.28K)
    Number of downloads: 242

Hello everyone, new member, just one question, is there a way to make dukeplus don't show duke arms when he is holding the pistol? I saw some screenshots of people using the latest HRP and dukeplus show only his hands, when I use, it shows his arms. Thx :rolleyes:

User is offline   Mark 

My guess is because the def file in Dukeplus has a slightly different offset and angle set for the pistol/hand model. I think the def file is in the highres/sprites/firstperson/ subfolder.

I will try change it and see if it works

Hello Everyone, i'm trying to "remove" duke's arms in dukeplus, but this happened, any help on how to fix it?Attached Image: duke0000.png

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostOverlord Master, on 17 October 2018 - 09:09 AM, said:

Hello Everyone, i'm trying to "remove" duke's arms in dukeplus, but this happened, any help on how to fix it?Attachment duke0000.png

There's two different places where there are defs for the pistol model, corresponding to the right and left hands. My guess is you changed one of them but not the other.

I was editing the duke plus Def and found the two hands codes, but I change the left hand code and nothing happens, I tried changing the entire code, but then the left pistol become a sprite, what should I do?

For some reason, the left doesn't change no matter what I do, i think I'll stay with LeoD Z-pack Until I understand how to change the left pistol.

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

I stopped maintaining DukePlus years ago because I wanted to move on, and because I was tired of making adjustments due to changes in the HRP which would break stuff (case in point, the pistol model). DukePlus still works fine for the most part, and I personally did not use it with the HRP much. I guess what I''m saying is, good luck!

If we got a new renderer and/or a new HRP then I would probably be motivated to do a new DukePlus overhaul.

Yeah, I think I wiil play it as it is, the arms aren't that bad, in eternity they still look good, and we definitely need another HRP.

This post has been edited by Overlord Master: 18 October 2018 - 12:58 PM

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

DukePlus update

2.50 6-3-20 Maintenance release

Maintenance fixes: These are mostly things that used to work and got broken over time
• Fixed crash on loading certain maps which have vending machines such as E3L2
• Shell casings will stop spinning on the ground (yes, this got broken AGAIN)
• The altfire/reload key now uses Eduke32’s hardcoded function for that which is right-mouse by default
• Fixed jitteriness when on Duke’s bike caused by newer camera code
• Fixed issues with DukePlus menu where camera could still move a little and sometimes it would skip over menu items
• Fixed some invalid sprite ID and other invalid references in code
• Various small fixes since 2016 that had been included with LeoD’s nixfix pack
• Includes new Eduke32 with various changes

https://www.moddb.co...ds/dukeplus-250

Disclaimer: I'm sure there are things that are still broken. The purpose of this update is to eliminate some of the more serious and obvious breakages so that players can continue to enjoy the included levels using a modern version of EDuke32.

User is offline   Mark 

I installed it to a clean folder and ran it fine. Then I grabbed my Doom2remake map from the Dukeplus2.40 folder and put it into the 2.50 folder. Then I grabbed the HRP.zip file from the 2.40 autoload and put it in the 2.50 autoload folder. The map runs, a lot of the HRP is present but other custom Dukeplus assets are missing. Like all the civilian models. I'll have to see what has changed for folder structure to figure it out. Probably just a missing or misdirected include line or def file?

This post has been edited by Mark: 03 June 2020 - 05:14 PM

User is offline   Mark 

After a cursory comparison I can't see anything obvious that is keeping some HRP and Dukeplus content from running.

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

I'm looking into this now. The civilian and other models are definitely included, but I may have applied my patches to the wrong version, and some tile numbers may have been changed.

User is offline   Mark 

So far civies, monsters, many props and weapons models are missing. I stopped looking
Oh crap, did I forget to turn models back on in the menu. Hold on.

AAAAHHHHGGGG!!!! I turned off models when I first installed the vanilla dukeplus. After installing the HRP I forgot to turn models back on. :)
I just heard the Church Lady say "never mind"

I did notice the looking down at map start issue is still present the first time the game loads. After that it corrects itself.

This post has been edited by Mark: 03 June 2020 - 05:52 PM

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostMark, on 03 June 2020 - 05:43 PM, said:

So far civies, monsters, many props and weapons models are missing. I stopped looking
Oh crap, did I forget to turn models back on in the menu. Hold on.

AAAAHHHHGGGG!!!! I turned off models when I first installed the vanilla dukeplus. After installing the HRP I forgot to turn models back on. :)
I just heard the Church Lady say "never mind"

I did notice the looking down at map start issue is still present the first time the game loads. After that it corrects itself.

You weren't completely wrong. It did turn out that I had applied my changes to an earlier version + nixfix. So just now found the more recent version and applied the new changes to that...mostly. The only regression I can see is that the freezer altfire still shoots 3 balls instead of 2. Anyway, I'm uploading this shortly and it will replace what's on Mod DB.

EDIT: The upload has been updated.

This post has been edited by Trooper Dan: 03 June 2020 - 06:21 PM

View PostTrooper Dan, on 03 June 2020 - 06:07 PM, said:

The only regression I can see is that the freezer altfire still shoots 3 balls instead of 2.

Looks like that it won't hurt the player when it bounces back, not that is a bad thing honeslty :).
No idea if it is related to the new DP changes or the new eduke32 behaviours.

User is offline   bullbob 

super dumb question, but when you first run the mod it says to push the duke plus mod menu button to make a message go away.....which button is that?

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

View Postbullbob, on 15 June 2020 - 11:35 AM, said:

super dumb question, but when you first run the mod it says to push the duke plus mod menu button to make a message go away.....which button is that?

set up your controls-keyboard & then you'll know.
you'll prob want to do that anyway, so you know what your reload key is

This post has been edited by Forge: 15 June 2020 - 11:42 AM

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

Yeah the whole point of that annoying message is to make the player set up their controls and see that DukePlus has new ones that are not in vanilla.

User is offline   FistMarine 

I have tried the new version 2.51 recently. I played through the first 2 DP levels (Skycar Demo and DP Effects) and noticed the following bugs:

-On the EDuke32 startup window, I saw 2.40 still being mentioned. In game, the DP version number in top right corner is DP 250. Both should be changed to 2.51 (or 2.52 if you intend to release another maintenance update).
-The monitor at beginning of Skycar Demo still shows glitched art (an ice cube?) instead of showing instructions as seen on this old video from the old DNWMD mod: https://www.moddb.co...truction/videos
-A newly introduced bug which involves when picking up objects (for example the wet floor sign and mop, both at beginning of DP Effects) and throwing them, they become indestructible. They can be still broken if you don't pick them up at all. I haven't tried to see if this happens if you use Gravity Gun to grab them, I will test soon.
-Another newly introduced bug where the status of levels completed in the DP Hub is reset when you start a new game. In the older DP versions, the progress was saved even when starting a new game. Now it is necessary to continue from a saved game, which isn't too bad but I know that health and armor isn't reset between levels. Maybe this was changed recently and I will have to test more and complete more maps because so far I finished the first two levels with 100 health, so I have neither an advantage nor a disadvantage compared to if I started the episode from scratch.
-A request to add more DP maps in the Hub map, such as the unused From Base to Base map which is included in the dpmaps folder (From Base to Base 2 is the one that's used but I think both should be included anyway) and maybe other DP levels that were released around 2010 or so and weren't included.

This post has been edited by RunningDuke: 16 July 2020 - 11:29 PM

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

I can't tell whether the new bugs are due to the fact that it is now using a newer Eduke32 (several years newer, in fact) or whether I somehow introduced them with the update. The one about thrown things becoming indestructible doesn't seem like I could have done it with the update, because I didn't touch anything relating to that code.

Just to be clear: DukePlus is dead; it was dead before this update and it is dead now. Someday I suppose there will be another maintenance update so that people can still play it. Right now, I barely have enough time to get my active projects finished in a reasonable timeframe and hopefully I can do that before I die or otherwise retire from Duke modding.

User is offline   FRVIND 

Dukeplus is dead?
A masterpiece never dies. I think that thanks to it Duke Nukem has extended his life and many people (even new generations, for example thanks to monster capsules) continue to use it.
Said this I hope someone is interesting to this one: in Dukeplus when you use the Battlelord Cannon and want to throw a mortar by it, so the mortar is without any gravity, reaches incredibile distances rembalzing more than a wall. It's a "crazy ball"
Thanks
PS
I can confirm with last Eduke binary that problem with blue card puzzle visible only with night vision goggles: you can't take it.

User is offline   FRVIND 

... yet I forgot to add that the camera, when you take the dukebike, has lost its fluidity (it is as if it is placed directly on the engine) and this is a pity.
Thanks

Share this topic:

• 57 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options