Duke4.net Forums: Duke3D HRP: new/updated art assets thread - Duke4.net Forums

• 161 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke3D HRP: new/updated art assets thread  "Post and discuss new or updated textures/models for the HRP here"

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostTea Monster, on 27 December 2022 - 11:32 PM, said:

I've asked this before and I don't think I ever got a definitive answer. What are people's opinions on replacing the current critters with the ones from HHR?

I'll say it again in that the HRP project should have been kept as it was. The aims and means of this project is different and separate from those of the HRP which uses models and hand-created textures. A new project and a new thread should have been created to accommodate it and prevent confusion with the old project.

It does have its own thread, though: https://forums.duke4...-resource-pack/

I'm not sure why AI upscaled textures are being posted in this thread.

EDIT: I think it happened because, once HRP development stopped, people came to think of this as a generic WIP updated art thread. That is, the part of the thread title after the : took over, and the part before the : started being ignored.

This post has been edited by Danukem: 28 December 2022 - 03:03 AM

User is offline   WangNukem 

Hi guys,
two short questions:

Is there a way to play DN3D with the HRP in LAN multiplayer?

Will the HRP be further developed or is v5.4 the final version?

User is offline   Mark 

HRP hasn't had any recent additions that I know of. But I'm sure a few will get added as time goes by. But consider it the "stable release" for now.

View PostMark, on 30 December 2022 - 09:50 AM, said:

HRP hasn't had any recent additions that I know of. But I'm sure a few will get added as time goes by. But consider it the "stable release" for now.

Would be really great to play that at our LAN parties :)

User is offline   Phredreeke 

EDuke32 doesn't have working multiplayer. NetDuke32 does, but no Polymer

Edit: As for why the AI upscales came up, see this post

This post has been edited by Phredreeke: 30 December 2022 - 11:10 AM

View PostPhredreeke, on 30 December 2022 - 11:05 AM, said:

EDuke32 doesn't have working multiplayer. NetDuke32 does, but no Polymer

Edit: As for why the AI upscales came up, see this post

So unfortunately there's no way to get a MP session with the HRP up and running? :(

You can have multiplayer with HRP, you just can't have multiplayer with Polymer.

And without Polymer the HRP looks pretty bad

View PostPhredreeke, on 31 December 2022 - 11:38 AM, said:

You can have multiplayer with HRP, you just can't have multiplayer with Polymer.

And without Polymer the HRP looks pretty bad

Ah ok, I understand. And I guess there will be no solution for that in the (near) future, right?

Polymer can be slow at times. But due to the way multiplayer works in build engine games if one player's game slows down they all slow down. So Polymer is very unlikely to be introduced to any multiplayer-oriented port.

The Raze devs are intending to add Polymer-like dynamic lights to their renderer, but just as with EDuke32 that port also doesn't have any multiplayer at this time, and that's unlikely to change in the near future

Ok, thank you for clarification.
Only LAN mutliplayer games are of interested for us (and unfortunately nowadays that doesn't seem to be a thing anymore), but I can understand that the majority would be interested in online mutliplayer (when it comes to mulitplayer).

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

It's happening again. A guy has incorporated the entire voxel pack into a mod for GZDoom. I have already notified him to stop with this crap.
Amazing how people can't wait before pulling off such stunts and then just send a PM afterwards like: "Hey I've already done this, I hope it was OK..."

This post has been edited by NightFright: 20 April 2023 - 01:13 AM

User is offline   Roma Loom 

• Loomsday Device

Found this unfinished #1115 tile from 2009 on my HDD. Maybe someone wants to take care of it...

Attached File(s)

• Attached File  1115.7z (213.63K)
    Number of downloads: 13

User is offline   Mark 

In the time it took for you to post and attach the file you could almost have finished it. It looks like just a handful of tiny colored squares is all it needs. :P

And in the time it took me to reply I could probably have finished it. :lol:

• The Truth is in here

I'm still waiting for a widescreen version of the HRP statusbar, while we are at it. :lol:
(It's actually kind of a coggblocker for releasing a widescreen edition of the HRP, as it's pretty much the only tile missing to complete the set. Menus are done since ages AFAIK, but unused.)

• Loomsday Device

View PostNightFright, on 30 January 2024 - 03:27 AM, said:

I'm still waiting for a widescreen version of the HRP statusbar, while we are at it. :lol:
(It's actually kind of a coggblocker for releasing a widescreen edition of the HRP, as it's pretty much the only tile missing to complete the set. Menus are done since ages AFAIK, but unused.)

Hey, if only I could remember what the exact statusbar do we need, I'd try to create one.

• The Truth is in here

It should be this one. Directly from the SVN.

• Loomsday Device

Is it what we are expecting from 16:9 ratio - adding some extra metal to each side? Also about those plates with ARMOR, HEALTH etc. do we have a font like this in TTF or any other vector format?

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: 2462_sample_01.jpg

This post has been edited by Roma Loom: 31 January 2024 - 03:17 PM

User is offline   Mark 

:lol: ^

Is 2024 the year of the great HRP revival?

• The Truth is in here

View PostRoma Loom, on 31 January 2024 - 03:04 PM, said:

Is it what we are expecting from 16:9 ratio - adding some extra metal to each side? Also about those plates with ARMOR, HEALTH etc. do we have a font like this in TTF or any other vector format?

I'm afraid I'm not aware of any resource pack which could be used. Maybe it existed once, but got lost in translation. I had already asked for it many years ago, IIRC. In the worst case, missing stuff needs to be redone from scratch.

I'm also not sure whether SVN is still the way to go there days. Personally, I've switched to Github for pretty much all projects except for this one. It also has version control and is much easier to use, at least from my POV (no hassle with setting up a client etc). Maybe the HRP should be moved there. Even if just for preservation purposes.

User is offline   0815Jack 

Hi,

just did a fresh install with latest binaries and duke3d_hrp.zip in autoload folder and @Dzierzan High quality sound effects. I noticed that the HRP will not load when is DukeNukemHQSounds.zip is present in the autoload folder.

Can anyone confirm?

• The Truth is in here

Dzierzan's pack contains duke3d.def, just like the HRP. You can only load one of these at a time. The one inside the HRP is overwritten by the one from the sound pack since it is loaded last.

Download this file (xloadall.zip, 31 KB) and place it in your autoload, together with the other two files. It should work as an override.

It does the following:
- Includes Dzierzan's duke3d.def, renamed to dzierzan.def
- Includes another duke3d.def which loads duke3d_hrp.def and dzierzan.def (this is basically the one which the game will actually load)

View PostNightFright, on 03 February 2024 - 07:42 AM, said:

Dzierzan's pack contains duke3d.def, just like the HRP. You can only load one of these at a time. The one inside the HRP is overwritten by the one from the sound pack since it is loaded last.

Download this file (xloadall.zip, 31 KB) and place it in your autoload, together with the other two files. It should work as an override.

It does the following:
- Includes Dzierzan's duke3d.def, renamed to dzierzan.def
- Includes another duke3d.def which loads duke3d_hrp.def and dzierzan.def (this is basically the one which the game will actually load)

thx works :)

• Loomsday Device

Welp, found out that this font is a greyfont we have in GRP file, so time has come to create a vector font from it

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: le_font_de_epique_01.jpg

• The Truth is in here

It's sad that for a big project like this, it was forgotten to create a repository for source files. Especially important if so many people are involved who could (and did) disappear eventually, never to resurface. But well, at least we'll have a statusbar source in the end... :)

• Loomsday Device

I guess I'll release a PSD tomorrow so anyone can tweak the colors and other stuff

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: 2462_sample_02.jpg

• The Truth is in here

Great work! We'll see if anyone still think this needs some tweaking (personally I dunno what, maybe gamma of the black windows?), but otherwise...

View PostNightFright, on 07 February 2024 - 12:00 PM, said:

It's sad that for a big project like this, it was forgotten to create a repository for source files. Especially important if so many people are involved who could (and did) disappear eventually, never to resurface. But well, at least we'll have a statusbar source in the end... :)

I did contribute with some graphics as well to the HRP. I might have the PSD files... let me know if you want them....

• Loomsday Device

Ok, the PSD contains some useful maps for creating any kind of variant from scratch using any metallic texture(s) found on the internet along with some variants baked in le painteur de substance. Now back to creating all the rest duke3d fonts in vector as it seems I'll need them in my project

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: 2462_WS_4k.png
  • Attached Image: 2462_sample_03.jpg

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by Roma Loom: 12 February 2024 - 01:01 PM

• The Truth is in here

Any kind of source files anybody has still laying around about anything that's in the HRP would be greatly appreciated at this point.

Share this topic:

• 161 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options