• 8 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

[Betas] The Bryaning  "Split from the main beta thread"

User is offline   Frederik Schreiber 

• Slipgate Studios

Someone just made a phishing attempt on my Facebook account, to gain access to my hard-drive, using a fake link about Duke Nukem Sourcecodes.
I wonder who it could be..

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

delete

This post has been edited by Fox: 03 November 2014 - 07:18 AM

You know, this is actually pretty good entertainment when waiting for TerminX and Hendricks to reveal something cool. Not that I support him or anything, but at least we have something to laugh at for the meantime.

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

On today's exciting episode of Beta Bryan's Compost Heap...

I got this:

Posted Image

Fred got this:

Posted Image

Evan got some creepy texts,

And we all got a laugh!

That last image was pretty disturbing.

Bryan's threats are so cute. He's really trying to be an internet badass, which is hard for others to take seriously when your pubes are just starting to come in.

This post has been edited by MYHOUSE.MAP: 03 November 2014 - 12:24 PM

• el fundador

View PostMYHOUSE.MAP, on 03 November 2014 - 12:23 PM, said:

Bryan's threats are so cute. I'ts like he's really trying to be an internet badass, which is hard for others to take seriously when your pubes are just starting to come in.

My wife laughed a ton at this. She's still laughing, actually.

User is offline   Frederik Schreiber 

• Slipgate Studios

Bryan's mother just called me, and I had a lengthy talk with her over the phone.

She's extremely sorry, and very sad about the treatment her son is getting.
She deleted his Facebook account, Forum account etc.

There was a lot of blaming involved. I'm completely neutral in this case, but I made her a promise.

The bad attention towards Bryan will stop, if he stops harassing people online. People will in time, forget about it.

I suggest not wasting more time on this.
She was clearly sad and deeply sorry about the situation, and I understand how hard it is to control your kid in a situation like this.
It's just gone overboard.

If Bryan's seriously willing to calm down and stop harassing people over stuff he feels entitled to, I'll forgive him. He's 13 years old; he's all about doing dumb stuff. I love making fun of the little shit, but if he's serious about turning over a new leaf, I'll go with the flow and stop laughing at him, even if he's unwilling to do things like admit he made a ton of mistakes the past year or so. I'm not the type that's going to ignore someone making a real effort to change for the better.

This post has been edited by MYHOUSE.MAP: 03 November 2014 - 01:07 PM

• el fundador

I bet there was a lot of blaming... people never want to take responsibility for their children's actions, especially in cases where they themselves have been thoroughly documented as having full knowledge of said actions yet haven't done anything about them.

This is really a problem that resolves itself naturally in a very simple way--when the harassment stops, there is no longer any harassment to post about. It's that simple. I think we all have far, far better things to do than devote any more time to this lunacy. Bryan gets no more chances in this community, however. We're done. Stalkers and harassers are not welcome here, no matter how many times they say they'll never do it again.

User is offline   Ronin 

Don't be foolish, just release the content and it will be over...

This post has been edited by Ronan: 03 November 2014 - 02:46 PM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

As long as it really is his mother this time. I hope the concept of 'the boy who cried "wolf"' isn't lost on Bryan here.

User is offline   ReaperMan 

View PostRonan, on 03 November 2014 - 02:46 PM, said:

Don't be foolish, just release the content and it will be over...

Your doing it wrong.....

Release the content and this baby could be all yours TX.

Posted Image

Just imagine it microwaved.

This post has been edited by ReaperMan: 03 November 2014 - 03:53 PM

• el fundador

Can I have one that didn't expire in 2008?

User is offline   Richard Shead 

• "Dick Nasty"

I know I'm extremely late in bringing this up, and I'm not trying to defend Bryan or anything, but remember when fresch complained about getting the 2am phone call on his private line? While obviously this was an inappropriate action taken by Bryan, we also have to take into consideration that the two are likely in drastically different times zones, so that probably accounts for the odd hour at which it was received. A 12 year old typically won't think of these sorts of things, so I don't think it was his intent to wake fresch up. Not that it really makes much of a difference, but I figured it might be worth throwing into the equation. As was suggested earlier, let's just drop this thing and show that we're more mature than a 12 year old by not dwelling on the situation and therefore "baiting" him.

View PostTerminX, on 03 November 2014 - 04:07 PM, said:

Can I have one that didn't expire in 2008?

No deal.

This post has been edited by ReaperMan: 03 November 2014 - 04:38 PM

View PostDuke Rocks, on 03 November 2014 - 04:37 PM, said:

I know I'm extremely late in bringing this up, and I'm not trying to defend Bryan or anything, but remember when fresch complained about getting the 2am phone call on his private line? While obviously this was an inappropriate action taken by Bryan, we also have to take into consideration that the two are likely in drastically different times zones, so that probably accounts for the odd hour at which it was received. A 12 year old typically won't think of these sorts of things, so I don't think it was his intent to wake fresch up. Not that it really makes much of a difference, but I figured it might be worth throwing into the equation. As was suggested earlier, let's just drop this thing and show that we're more mature than a 12 year old by not dwelling on the situation and therefore "baiting" him.

Finally, a smart man arrives.

Also I suggest TerminX bargain for a homemade Duke Burger.

User is offline   Person of Color 

• Senior Unpaid Intern at Viceland

I feel really sorry for this kid. I can't imagine being born with something like that...then having parents who are clearly unable to guide him.

User is offline   Trebor_UK 

View PostProtected by Viper, on 03 November 2014 - 10:12 PM, said:

I feel really sorry for this kid. I can't imagine being born with something like that...then having parents who are clearly unable to guide him.

I know I probably shouldn't name call and further rip on Bryan or whatever his real name is, but I bet he fits the typical nerdy socially awkward stereotype. Needless to say I think he deserves every bit of online abuse he gets, simply for leaking an Alpha of Serious Sam and calling Freds personal number at stupid hours.

I have no sympathy at all for people like that, especially when they go to the extent of online stalking, and pretending to be other people. That's just freaky.

-edit-
Toned down the hatred.

This post has been edited by Trebor_UK: 04 November 2014 - 01:30 AM

• el fundador

Thanks for "toning down the hatred"... I was about to reply to the version of that post you had up previously and draw the line. If you're gonna attack someone, you should do it on the merits of their actions, opinions, and arguments, not on petty stuff they can't change.

User is offline   Trebor_UK 

View PostTerminX, on 04 November 2014 - 01:25 AM, said:

Thanks for "toning down the hatred"... I was about to reply to the version of that post you had up previously and draw the line. If you're gonna attack someone, you should do it on the merits of their actions, opinions, and arguments, not on petty stuff they can't change.

No problem...thats exactly why I changed it. I just find it extremely hard to stomach folks like that.
Hopefully it's all sorted out now, though.

I think it's about time to let the "call Fred at stupid hours" thing go. It's been explained that they're in different time zones. Besides, what reasons does Bryan has to stay up till 2am to call some guy he can call during day time?

By the way, if you think Bryan is bad, the Serious Sam community has a Ken to his Ryu too. That other guy was banned from the forums months ago though.

This post has been edited by PikaCommando: 04 November 2014 - 02:58 AM

User is offline   Shaq Fu 

Not trying to be mean but he might Google search his username a few years from now and regret everything. Hi there, future Bryan!

View PostGrounder, on 04 November 2014 - 03:22 AM, said:

Not trying to be mean but he might Google search his username a few years from now and regret everything. Hi there, future Bryan!

Amen.

Hell... sometimes I regret everything 5 minutes later.

View PostGrounder, on 04 November 2014 - 03:22 AM, said:

Looking at your past self is one of the most cringeworthy thing someone can do, especially if the results are bad.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View PostPikaCommando, on 04 November 2014 - 02:57 AM, said:

I think it's about time to let the "call Fred at stupid hours" thing go. It's been explained that they're in different time zones.

That doesn't excuse him. It's not like "oh, he's just a kid and he didn't realize". No. It's one more strike against him--he was completely incompetent and out of line to do what he did. He didn't think about it. His self-centered and malicious intent has been well-documented here. "ISS ALL ABOUT THA BETAZ!"

On that note, I'm tying the drawstring on this garbage bag.

• el fundador

Wow, this kid fails at getting into my accounts almost as much as his parents failed at raising him. Since this thread has been locked, I've received:

3x crazy emails from his "mother"
4x Facebook password reset attempts
1x virus emailed to me (and Hendricks)
A script-kiddie level attack on eduke32.com via an Amazon EC2 instance that triggered DDoS protection on FreeDNS
IRC messages saying he was "sorry" before continuing to commit more psychotic attacks
Additional harassment of Fred relating to the matter

...you know, to go along with the prior bullshit, including emailed threats and going as far as to use my kid's photo in something to try and discredit me. What a creep. I halfway expect to see this kid on the national news for something or other within the next decade at this point.

Unfortunately for him, he left his fingerprints on the part of all that which is actually a felony.

Posted Image

Anyway, even though I've been advised not to negotiate with terrorists, I thought it would be appropriate to release this never-before-seen art asset in honor of Beta Bryan's continued personal harassment of myself and my associates:

Posted Image

It's bound to be his favorite.

• el fundador

Now he's spamming me with what is literally nonsense, from Gmail accounts he apparently registered just to harass me with. He just emailed me and told me my 4-year-old son was a weed smoking rapist... I don't even know how to respond to that. This whole thing could be one of those "meth: not even once" ad campaigns. Oh well, I'm done, the FBI can deal with it now:

Delivered-To: terminx@gmail.com
Received: by 10.194.6.1 with SMTP id w1csp15007wjw;
Wed, 5 Nov 2014 23:15:37 -0800 (PST)
X-Received: by 10.224.66.199 with SMTP id o7mr3799778qai.90.1415258136666;
Wed, 05 Nov 2014 23:15:36 -0800 (PST)
Return-Path: <no-reply@ic3.gov>
Received: from smtp.ic3.gov (smtp.ic3.gov. [65.201.175.160])
by mx.google.com with ESMTP id y9si10505289qab.10.2014.11.05.23.15.36
for <terminx@gmail.com>;
Wed, 05 Nov 2014 23:15:36 -0800 (PST)
Received-SPF: pass (google.com: domain of no-reply@ic3.gov designates 65.201.175.160 as permitted sender) client-ip=65.201.175.160;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com;
spf=pass (google.com: domain of no-reply@ic3.gov designates 65.201.175.160 as permitted sender) smtp.mail=no-reply@ic3.gov
Received: from proxyapp1 ([10.50.0.5]) by smtp.ic3.gov with Microsoft SMTPSVC(7.5.7601.17514);
Thu, 6 Nov 2014 02:14:55 -0500
thread-index: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Thread-Topic: IC3 Complaint: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
To: <terminx@gmail.com>
Subject: IC3 Complaint: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2014 02:15:36 -0500
Message-ID: <DD05D7A6F11E4BACB8DCA47A0620E1A8@proxyapp1>
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain;
charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
X-Mailer: Microsoft CDO for Windows 2000
Content-Class: urn:content-classes:message
Importance: normal
Priority: normal
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.3790.4913
Return-Path: no-reply@ic3.gov
X-OriginalArrivalTime: 06 Nov 2014 07:14:55.0972 (UTC) FILETIME=[5E00D240:01CFF991]

Thank you for filing a complaint with the Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3).

This is the only reply you will receive from the IC3. Because we receive thousands of complaints per week, we cannot reply to every complaint received or to every request for updates.

However, once we forward your complaint to investigators in the field, they may contact you for further information. Consequently, it is important that you maintain any evidence you have relating to your complaint. Evidence can include canceled checks, credit card receipts, phone bills, mailing envelopes, mail receipts, printed copies of websites, copies of emails, or similar items.

If you wish to view, download, or add information to your complaint, go to http://complaint.ic3.gov/update and log in with the following:
Complaint Id: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Password: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

To learn more about Internet schemes and ways to protect yourself visit www.lookstoogoodtobetrue.com.

I lost most of a day's worth of work on the Android version of Duke3D dealing with this idiot... here's hoping today is more productive! :)

The Bryaning continues.

Mod Edit: Posts split from "Status of the Duke Nukem 3D Betas" begin here. -Hendricks

This post has been edited by Hendricks266: 23 November 2014 - 12:31 PM

User is offline   Ronin 

As others have mentioned, he is probably enjoying this attention so stuff like this only adds fuel to this little fire he started.

Share this topic:

• 8 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options