• 8 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

[Betas] The Bryaning  "Split from the main beta thread"

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

View PostMicky C, on 21 November 2014 - 03:57 PM, said:

Btw why is that "The Bryaning" thread still stickied if it's locked?

Because he sent me half a dozen harassing messages demanding it be deleted or face more harassment. I eventually gave in and responded, and didn't want to be a liar when my reply was "oops, I made it sticky instead."

Never negotiate with terrorists. :)

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

View PostTerminX, on 21 November 2014 - 12:41 PM, said:

I clicked "upvote" before I read the second half of this post. It honestly is one douchebag to blame... well, 3, because he lives with both of his parents who are more than aware of his behavior. At this point, these people are so nuts that if I found out they were running a meth lab in their garage and that you-know-who was sampling their product, I wouldn't be surprised in the least. Who lets their kid stay up all night and harass people worldwide? Frickin' tweakers who don't care, that's who!

The perpetrator should be hitting puberty soon, maybe then he'll move on to stalking local girls instead of stalking people with prototype games from half a decade before he was born. :)

I don't buy it. Talking to the parents of an autistic preteen who has been harassing you in Facebook? Too good to be true. That's a troll.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View PostFox, on 21 November 2014 - 07:58 PM, said:

I don't buy it. Talking to the parents of an autistic preteen who has been harassing you in Facebook? Too good to be true. That's a troll.

TX's wife got a throwaway number from some app and called one of the numbers Bryan kept telling us to "Grow a fucking pair. and dial".

• el fundador

Do you think we're stupid? It involved several phone calls with some crazy lady who definitely could have been (and seemed to be) his mother.

View PostHendricks266, on 21 November 2014 - 08:27 PM, said:

TX's wife got a throwaway number from some app and called one of the numbers Bryan kept telling us to "Grow a fucking pair. and dial".

Yeah, that was soooo weird. They called back about half a dozen times, like they were desperate for someone to talk to their crazy kid. The demo version of whatever app it was wasn't working correctly (or maybe it was an odd restriction.. who knows) and they couldn't hear anything we were saying to them. Creepy kid tried to get me to call a throwaway number in my own area code the next day.

User is offline   Fox 

Sorry, but I am not willing to believe that the supposedly retarded preteen has been using sophisticated scams and managed to find out Fresch real phone number. But even if the guy with green skin and pointy ears is not a troll, it would be better to ignore him and not waste your time.

This post has been edited by Fox: 21 November 2014 - 09:02 PM

User is offline   Person of Color 

• Senior Unpaid Intern at Viceland

There's a really simple solution to this problem...

Posted Image

View PostFox, on 21 November 2014 - 09:01 PM, said:

Sorry, but I am not willing to believe that the supposedly retarded preteen has been using sophisticated scams and managed to find out Fresch real phone number. But even if the guy with green skin and pointy ears is not a troll, it would be better to ignore him and not waste your time.

Fred probably had his number listed on his linked in or something similar, he should have changed it by now, but since it's still happening he probably hasn't done that yet.

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

the listed number 501-628-2340 came up as belonging to a Heather Spurlock (high school student) from Cabot, AK

Bryan Spurlock from Cabot, Ak is listed as 35-39 years old

• el fundador

View PostForge, on 21 November 2014 - 09:31 PM, said:

the listed number 501-628-2340 came up as belonging to a Heather Spurlock (high school student) from Cabot, AK

Bryan Spurlock from Cabot, Ak is listed as 35-39 years old

Spokeo isn't correct 100% of the time.

User is offline   Richard Shead 

• "Dick Nasty"

View PostTerminX, on 21 November 2014 - 09:52 PM, said:

Spokeo isn't correct 100% of the time.

Yup, looks like they got momma and son's info reversed.

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

i used some whitepage listing from Cabot, Ak, but it probably isn't any more accurate.

i just noted it because it's a coincidence that the last name he used is the same last name that came up during an independent search on the number

too bad you don't live in littlerock any more or you could have checked it out

View PostDuke Rocks, on 21 November 2014 - 09:55 PM, said:

Yup, looks like they got momma and son's info reversed.

the site i used didn't give any information on Heather (other than her phone number and address - which i think was either the same as Bryan or Wesley Spurlock). I found out she goes to high school and works at walmart through other searches

It's the internet. Stalking made easy.

This post has been edited by Forge: 21 November 2014 - 10:06 PM

User is offline   Fox 

His Facebook profile seems to have started operating around November, and 80% of it contains 3DRealms stuff.

User is offline   Richard Shead 

• "Dick Nasty"

View PostForge, on 21 November 2014 - 09:59 PM, said:

the site i used didn't give any information on Heather (other than her phone number and address - which i think was either the same as Bryan or Wesley Spurlock). I found out she goes to high school and works at walmart through other searches

It's the internet. Stalking made easy.

Never mind, I was wrong about the relationship. She's his sister, hence the age and matching # and location.

This post has been edited by Duke Rocks: 22 November 2014 - 12:26 AM

• el fundador

View PostHendricks266, on 21 November 2014 - 10:37 AM, said:

Quite frankly, I don't think pulling out will be effective in stopping his harassment.

Yeah, we're about 14 years too late on that one...

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

Can I post the "coolie" picture yet without it getting removed...
Posted Image

This post has been edited by The Commander: 22 November 2014 - 01:16 PM

User is offline   Kyanos 

http://www.qaster.co...e+builds+BryanJ

^ Ha, Bryan knows what he wants :) BETAZ

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

http://www.stuff.co....llip-John-Smith

This is how I envision Bryan in his later years...

• el fundador

View PostDrek, on 22 November 2014 - 12:30 PM, said:

http://www.qaster.co...e+builds+BryanJ

^ Ha, Bryan knows what he wants :) BETAZ

When you're Bryan, facts come secondary to demanding the filez!!!!1

Who cares that John Romero didn't work at id at all after the original Quake, right?

User is offline   Fox 

Why persecute Bryan? The supposedly pishing scams turned out to be some "i are 3drealms historian" emails. And to think about it, the owner of a company receiving a phone call about something regarding his company is not a big deal. Probably it's his fault for putting his number on the Internet.

This post has been edited by Fox: 23 November 2014 - 02:40 AM

User is offline   MetHy 

View PostFox, on 23 November 2014 - 02:27 AM, said:

2. It's all an excuse. So we wouldn't be getting any of the content either.

If that's the case he should have found an excuse that doesn't make his new company look really weak imo.

View PostFox, on 23 November 2014 - 02:39 AM, said:

Why persecute Bryan? The supposedly pishing scams turned out to be some "i are 3drealms historian" emails. And to think about it, the owner of a company receiving a phone call about something regarding his company is not a big deal. Probably it's his fault for putting his number on the Internet.

and Hendricks admitted they put fuel on the fire (fed the troll) for their own amusement, though that got censored with the posts that got deleted ITT.

I mean, I don't know the full story at all (only those concerned do, I guess); but in the light of recent events it sounds more complicated than just "blame the kid".

This post has been edited by MetHy: 23 November 2014 - 02:45 AM

• el fundador

View PostFox, on 23 November 2014 - 02:39 AM, said:

Are you fucking kidding me?

The phishing involved multiple attempts to get passwords for our various accounts, get our phone numbers, send us links to cheapass trojan payloads that forwarded through IP logging download gateways, etc. I had to change the email addresses associated with a bunch of my accounts (pretty much anything that I use 2-step verification via phone for) because I would have half a dozen texts every morning where he had tried logging into them or resetting their passwords, probably in the hopes that one of them would leak the number used to authenticate.

As of this moment I'm no longer interested in what feels like volunteering time to dig through 25000 random files for a bunch of entitled babies who actually have the nerve to question just how bad the harassment is, when I'm the one who's stuck dealing with some little freak who goes as far as to photoshop pictures of my kid because he's completely mental. Some fuckface harassing me and my family was nowhere near enough to actually say to hell with it, but the lack of respect from you clowns definitely is. I am practically without words.

Great job out of touch computer nerd for making harassment seem like no big deal! You go girl!

This post has been edited by MYHOUSE.MAP: 23 November 2014 - 04:06 AM

User is offline   Fox 

View PostTerminX, on 23 November 2014 - 03:58 AM, said:

Are you fucking kidding me?

The phishing involved multiple attempts to get passwords for our various accounts, get our phone numbers, send us links to cheapass trojan payloads that forwarded through IP logging download gateways, etc. I had to change the email addresses associated with a bunch of my accounts (pretty much anything that I use 2-step verification via phone for) because I would have half a dozen texts every morning where he had tried logging into them or resetting their passwords, probably in the hopes that one of them would leak the number used to authenticate.

As of this moment I'm no longer interested in what feels like volunteering time to dig through 25000 random files for a bunch of entitled babies who actually have the nerve to question just how bad the harassment is, when I'm the one who's stuck dealing with some little freak who goes as far as to photoshop pictures of my kid because he's completely mental. Some fuckface harassing me and my family was nowhere near enough to actually say to hell with it, but the lack of respect from you clowns definitely is. I am practically without words.

But it was you guys who convinced me his scams was crap.

• el fundador

Why, because Hendricks posted the couple of emails from him I found amusing enough to write snarky replies to and cc him on?

You know nothing about it. Literally nothing.

User is offline   Fox 

I couldn't check because the posts appear to have been deleted. However I sustained back then that it doesn't look like a retarded 14 years old could do all that, while you and Hendricks asserted he was completely brainless. I hope you understand my confusion. My apology.

User is offline   MetHy 

View PostFox, on 23 November 2014 - 04:26 AM, said:

I couldn't check because the posts appear to have been deleted. However I sustained back then that it doesn't look like a retarded 14 years old could do all that, while you and Hendricks asserted he was completely brainless. I hope you understand my confusion. My apology.

Same, couldn't have know if all that was shown is a silly email (like I said several times noone really knows except those concerned)

User is offline   Kathy 

View PostTerminX, on 23 November 2014 - 03:58 AM, said:

I don't see anything here from "entitled babies" directed towards you or Hendricks, but only at Fred since he is actually paid and is considering pulling out with the beta stuff. Also, think what you will of me, but you and Hendricks were actually laughing off Bryan's attempts to gain your personal information, passwords etc. Most of the time you were joking about him, so this your outburst is sort of a revelation. I doubt anyone questions your commitment or lacks respect for what you do.

This post has been edited by Kathy: 23 November 2014 - 05:19 AM

User is offline   Marcos 

Guys guys stop... I mean look at us, fighting with each other, that what he wants, probably he's watching this thread right now and laghing, he wants to destroy us, destroy this community. I don't know if it's bryan or not i dont't have the power to say or to know who it is, but I know something, we should help Fred, TX and Hendricks, we should support them to bring something that NO OTHER COMPANY has ever did, and this ia aomething that will enter to the internet history books ( or other book I dont know ). We are a community, and as community, we have the power to do everything we want, we can't help them and we should help them, they doing this for us, they are sending a message to the other companies, "FUCK YOU WE ARE THE BEST", and indeed you are, not only for bringing us this fantastic game, but for making out childhood awesome. I dont think that not releasing the protos will make him stop, it will just egt worse, but releasing it now will grant h victory. I think we should stop for now and find a way to fight him back, release the betas, but not now, let's destroy this motherfuc@)$er and show him who the real king is, duke is king, 3d realms is the king, the ones that are worknig on the protos are the king, WE ARE THE KING. I just wnat to say thank you to Fred, TX, hendricks for not only making this real, but for duke nukem and the epic eduke32. Thank you for all of this. He's not gonna win, we are huge, we have the power. He has got no chance with us!!

• el fundador

Yes, we assert that he's brainless--by our standards. Evan is a student in one of the best CS programs in the country and I have a background in networking and IT security. Just because his attacks have all been incredibly poorly executed doesn't mean that they aren't attacks--plenty of people without technical backgrounds would have fallen for them. Aside from that, the general harassment was incredibly irritating... I am only willing to wake up to an inbox full of bullshit so many times before I've had enough. I want to spend my mornings drinking coffee and working, not trying to figure out why my sites have gone down and wading through retarded, rambling emails. It's just a little bit fucked up when you've got some guy who acts like he was dropped on his head a few too many times telling you your 4 year old is a "pot-smoking rapist pork child" while simultaneously doing everything he can (which thankfully isn't shit) to get into all your accounts because he's fiending for broken old prototypes of games he himself is probably too broken to appreciate.

It's a shame this thread even needed to exist... Evan and I haven't heard from him directly in about 10 days and I was under the impression that he had stopped, but that sadly wasn't the case and it appears he turned his attention to Fred instead. I can tell you right now that Fred is just as sick of this bullshit as Evan and I are, and he deserves some respect for putting up with it too. Running a company is a RIDICULOUS amount of work, even if a lot of that is stuff that fans or customers never directly see. Unfortunately, when harassment like this happens, you only have two choices: let it happen or waste a bunch of time trying to resolve it. Neither option is really acceptable, but letting it continue indefinitely (or until shithead gets what he wants) is far less acceptable than trying to stop it outright. This is far from the first community this guy has done this to, but I'd really like for it to be the last.

User is offline   Kathy 

But what did Fred try to accomplish by posting it here? "We feel discouraged to ever releasing this material, if something like this continues" - that's what irked me, cause it sounded like a warning, a warning to community which had nothing to do with it.

Share this topic:

• 8 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options