Duke4.net Forums: [Betas] The Bryaning - Duke4.net Forums

• 8 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

[Betas] The Bryaning  "Split from the main beta thread"

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

The sad thing about all this is that it's just a matter of time before the betas do come out.
It's not like they're never coming out.
It's not like they're in final form and 3DR and co. are sitting around twiddling their thumbs for no reason.

If this wasn't the case you could (very slightly) understand where Bryan's coming from. But the fact is all he has to do to get absolutely everything he wants is wait. Yep.

(Then when the betas do come out he'll probably brag that he's the one that made it happen even though in reality he's hindering release. )
Btw I hope that by talking about this on the assumption that the betas are definitely coming out that I'm not coming off as taking it for granted - as with many people here I appreciate the hard work involved and indeed the gesture itself behind the beta release.

This post has been edited by Micky C: 23 November 2014 - 05:43 AM

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

View PostKathy, on 23 November 2014 - 05:16 AM, said:

I don't see anything here from "entitled babies" directed towards you or Hendricks, but only at Fred since he is actually paid and is considering pulling out with the beta stuff. Also, think what you will of me, but you and Hendricks were actually laughing off Bryan's attempts to gain your personal information, passwords etc. Most of the time you were joking about him, so this your outburst is sort of a revelation. I doubt anyone questions your commitment or lacks respect for what you do.

Yeah, if you check my posts you will see I have been making fun of Fresch. I didn't expected TX to feel it was directed to him, since he was basically making fun at what Bryan was doing. When I directed a post to TX I said he should not waste his time.

View PostTerminX, on 23 November 2014 - 05:19 AM, said:

Unfortunately, when harassment like this happens, you only have two choices: let it happen or waste a bunch of time trying to resolve it. Neither option is really acceptable, but letting it continue indefinitely (or until shithead gets what he wants) is far less acceptable than trying to stop it outright.

It costs him time, and you shouldn't waste yours which is more precious.

This post has been edited by Fox: 23 November 2014 - 06:41 AM

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

i still haven't figured out why Hendricks hasn't 'accidentally' leaked a beta to bryan which contains a virus that'll burn his house down

User is offline   Kathy 

View PostForge, on 23 November 2014 - 07:27 AM, said:

i still haven't figured out why Hendricks hasn't 'accidentally' leaked a beta to bryan which contains a virus that'll burn his house down

Because he's not a criminal.

User is offline   Fox 

Or better saying, they want the authorities involved so they can't do something like that, especially if it's an adult against a minor.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View PostMetHy, on 23 November 2014 - 04:46 AM, said:

Same, couldn't have know if all that was shown is a silly email (like I said several times noone really knows except those concerned)

View PostKathy, on 23 November 2014 - 05:16 AM, said:

Also, think what you will of me, but you and Hendricks were actually laughing off Bryan's attempts to gain your personal information, passwords etc. Most of the time you were joking about him, so this your outburst is sort of a revelation.

View PostFox, on 23 November 2014 - 02:39 AM, said:

Why persecute Bryan? The supposedly pishing scams turned out to be some "i are 3drealms historian" emails.

The purpose of me posting that email was illustrating how incompetent he is. That is to say, he is only a threat to however much time we spend on him. And like we've said before, we "flipped"/"reclaimed" that particular dialogue so that we could get a laugh out of it instead of wasting our time completely. I shared the email here in the hope that we all could share a laugh, especially with regard to his response to our request for photo ID. But now we're being called unprofessional.

Have you forgotten anything?

View PostHendricks266, on 30 October 2014 - 03:03 PM, said:

Today, someone tried to phish my Facebook email/password in a private IRC message.

<MaverDavid> [fake Facebook link redacted] I'm David Mandricks and i dug out a source code of Duke2 i uploaded it on facebook privately only on URL...

I talked to TX, and he said he got the same thing as a PM on the forums here. Guess who sent it.

View PostFrederik Schreiber, on 02 November 2014 - 11:16 PM, said:

Someone just made a phishing attempt on my Facebook account, to gain access to my hard-drive, using a fake link about Duke Nukem Sourcecodes.
I wonder who it could be..

View PostTerminX, on 05 November 2014 - 10:30 PM, said:

Wow, this kid fails at getting into my accounts almost as much as his parents failed at raising him. Since this thread has been locked, I've received:

3x crazy emails from his "mother"
4x Facebook password reset attempts
1x virus emailed to me (and Hendricks)
A script-kiddie level attack on eduke32.com via an Amazon EC2 instance that triggered DDoS protection on FreeDNS
IRC messages saying he was "sorry" before continuing to commit more psychotic attacks
Additional harassment of Fred relating to the matter

...you know, to go along with the prior bullshit, including emailed threats and going as far as to use my kid's photo in something to try and discredit me. What a creep. I halfway expect to see this kid on the national news for something or other within the next decade at this point.

View PostTerminX, on 06 November 2014 - 04:30 AM, said:

Now he's spamming me with what is literally nonsense, from Gmail accounts he apparently registered just to harass me with. He just emailed me and told me my 4-year-old son was a weed smoking rapist... I don't even know how to respond to that. This whole thing could be one of those "meth: not even once" ad campaigns. Oh well, I'm done, the FBI can deal with it now:

I don't understand how suddenly a "silly email" is the only harassment you're remembering, especially when the sentiment around the time of these posts was the following.

View PostPikaCommando, on 03 November 2014 - 01:06 AM, said:

You know, this is actually pretty good entertainment when waiting for TerminX and Hendricks to reveal something cool. Not that I support him or anything, but at least we have something to laugh at for the meantime.

What Kathy said. I did enjoy the NDA.pdf I sent him.

View PostTerminX, on 23 November 2014 - 05:19 AM, said:

Evan is a student in one of the best CS programs in the country

Computer Engineering is a superset of Computer Science.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

I have unlocked this thread so discussion of Bryan can continue here without clogging up Fred's thread.

User is offline   Fox 

View PostHendricks266, on 23 November 2014 - 12:11 PM, said:

I don't understand how suddenly a "silly email" is the only harassment you're remembering, especially when the sentiment around the time of these posts was the following.

I didn't forget these, that's why I said they were sofisticated scams for a preteen. But then you convinced me otherwise.

User is offline   Ronin 

Interceptor should give this brat a cameo in one of their games. As seen in ROTT they are not above mocking people in their work through posters and the like.

There could be a mission or part of one, where an insane beta brat named XXRYANXX is harassing/trying to hack a studio/company about Betaz or a hotdog recipe or whatever.

You get to gib him as he shits himself in panic (or something more creative).

Make it humiliating so he can't be proud of it.

This post has been edited by Ronan: 23 November 2014 - 02:34 PM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

I'm not sure enough people would get the reference to make it worthwhile. Plus he'd probably enjoy the attention too much.

User is offline   Ronin 

View PostMicky C, on 23 November 2014 - 02:46 PM, said:

I'm not sure enough people would get the reference to make it worthwhile. Plus he'd probably enjoy the attention too much.

If I was in Freds shoes, then him knowing and me knowing would be worth it enough.

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

When I tried to mock Sanek in Duke Theft Auto everyone who didn't know who he was or outside of the Duke community thought it was the Rick Rolled guy, lol

User is offline   Kathy 

Who's Sanek?

User is offline   Ronin 

View PostThe Commander, on 23 November 2014 - 05:20 PM, said:

When I tried to mock Sanek in Duke Theft Auto everyone who didn't know who he was or outside of the Duke community thought it was the Rick Rolled guy, lol

Ha, I just saw it, I can see why people thought it was the Rick Roll guy though. Did you ever find out what he thought of it?

Watch from 1:20 onwards to see what he's talking about.

This post has been edited by Ronan: 23 November 2014 - 05:59 PM

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

View PostKathy, on 23 November 2014 - 09:05 AM, said:

Because he's not a criminal.

Posted Image

View PostKathy, on 23 November 2014 - 05:52 PM, said:

Who's Sanek?

A Russian mapper who has released maps here.
Years back when he started he would copy and paste large sections of other people's famous maps and called them his own.

View PostRonan, on 23 November 2014 - 05:58 PM, said:

Ha, I just saw it, I can see why people thought it was the Rick Roll guy though. Did you ever find out what he thought of it?

I think he made a map that contained text on the wall saying Commander fuck Gambini dick, or something after he saw it.

It appears YouTube has disabled the audio in that video...
Fuck

This post has been edited by The Commander: 24 November 2014 - 01:14 AM

User is offline   Fox 

View PostRonan, on 23 November 2014 - 05:58 PM, said:

Who would not though that's Rick Rolling guy?

It was a sprite of some guy I ripped from TekWar iirc

This post has been edited by The Commander: 25 November 2014 - 12:45 PM

User is offline   oasiz 

• Dr. Effector

That's the one and only Sonny Hokouri, not just some guy !

I say release an "exclusive" prototype to Bryan, but replace most of the graphics with images of blacks and whites in interracial relationships. That way, he loads it up in DOSBOX and thinks it's legit based on the title screen, but then the game loads and the walls are covered with images of things like a black man and a white woman getting married and Troopers are moving images of a white man kissing a black woman. Since he lives in Arkansas, I'm sure he'd love that.

Some gay men would also work.

This post has been edited by MYHOUSE.MAP: 25 November 2014 - 12:56 PM

Some gay men would also work.

Funny, because I read it as

View PostMYHOUSE.MAP, on 25 November 2014 - 12:56 PM, said:

...but then the game loads and the walls are covered with images of things like a black man and a white man getting married and Troopers are moving images of a white man kissing a black man. Since he lives in Arkansas, I'm sure he'd love that.

It's bound to cause more outrage in today's supposed accepting society.

User is offline   Richard Shead 

• "Dick Nasty"

After reading through some of this thread, I honestly believe that it's nigh time to file a R.O. against this little punk and then let his ass be sent to juvi if(or more like "when") he violates it. To me this sounds like a major hindrance rather than a slight annoyance.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Posted Image

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Why is this stickied?

User is offline   MrBlackCat 

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 02 December 2014 - 08:43 PM, said:

Why is this stickied?
Because he (Bryan) threatened TerminX... demanded some of the earlier posts be deleted I think.
I just remember "Never negotiate with terrorists." Which is a very important concept in my opinion.

MrBlackCat

Edit: Here

This post has been edited by MrBlackCat: 03 December 2014 - 04:27 PM

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

It's true. If they ask for a mile and you give them even an inch, their tactics worked. You never want to send people the message that you're willing to give in if only they act like enough of an asshole.

I'm pleased to report that things have been very quiet on the harassment front, at least regarding anything visible to Evan and myself. That's a great thing. :)

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

He's been posting retarded shit over at Zdoom forums as JamesKX2. I figure it's him because his profile is new, says he's from Arkansas, and this post links to some Google documents that have xbryan2000 in the URL.

EDIT: Hell, his fucking profile links to a Beta Bryan site.

This post has been edited by Jimmy: 04 December 2014 - 04:13 PM

User is offline   Fox 

http://www.esreality...s&user_id=39324

:)

This post has been edited by Fox: 04 December 2014 - 06:40 PM

User is offline   Inspector Lagomorf 

• Glory To Motherland!

View PostFox, on 04 December 2014 - 05:31 PM, said:

Posted Image

User is offline   DNSKILL5 

• Honored Donor

I don't get what differences his RPG "remake" sprite on that ZDoom forum post has from the final RPG. Is he really saying he remade the one in the beta image to not have a graphical glitch?

Share this topic:

• 8 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options