Duke4.net Forums: [RELEASE] EDuke32 Addon Compilation - Duke4.net Forums

• 69 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[RELEASE] EDuke32 Addon Compilation  "Version 3.13 released on December 6, 2016!"

User is offline   eqagunn 

Have you considered using exclepisodes in grpinfo to hide non-addon episodes?

Example:
Spoiler

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: exclepisodes.png

This post has been edited by eqagunn: 27 December 2023 - 09:29 AM

User is online   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

Oh, interesting. Wasn't aware of such a feature at all. Guess I need to check one of these days which addons exactly would profit from it.

Since when is that a thing?

@ December Man
Are these textures 8bpp compatible? I'd integrate them into the art file directly in that case.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 27 December 2023 - 10:17 AM

User is offline   eqagunn 

View PostNightFright, on 27 December 2023 - 10:13 AM, said:

Oh, interesting. Wasn't aware of such a feature at all. Guess I need to check one of these days which addons exactly would profit from it.

I have found it in Raze's grpinfo.txt file and I'm using it with Raze. Apologies upfront if this is not EDuke32 compatible.

• The Truth is in here

Errr... that could very well be. One of the coders should verify this. You cannot just assume Raze features work in EDuke32 as well. Raze is often doing its own thing.

View PostNightFright, on 27 December 2023 - 10:13 AM, said:

@ December Man
Are these textures 8bpp compatible? I'd integrate them into the art file directly in that case.

Yup, they were exported as 8bpp.

• The Truth is in here

Update for Secrets of the Acropolis (tiles014.art update with 15 color-fixed tiles provided by December Man).

To update:
- Use the EAC Downloader Script (unzip into your EDuke32 root dir and execute eac_install.bat) OR
- Get the updated EAC Base Pack and download acropolis.grp from the EAC repository

User is offline   Mark 

That mod was the one that gave me the inspiration to open up Mapster and start modding back in 2009. Starting with my Ancient Rome project that sadly I never completed but released anyway.

This post has been edited by Mark: 28 December 2023 - 11:29 AM

Following my previous post, here are some color-fixed sprites and textures for The Gate. 4033 and 5143 might still not appear 100% fixed, but I tried my best.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: 3614.png
  • Attached Image: 3621.png
  • Attached Image: 3655.png
  • Attached Image: 3656.png
  • Attached Image: 3657.png
  • Attached Image: 4026.png
  • Attached Image: 4033.png
  • Attached Image: 4064.png
  • Attached Image: 4065.png
  • Attached Image: 4843.png
  • Attached Image: 4845.png
  • Attached Image: 5124.png
  • Attached Image: 5128.png
  • Attached Image: 5133.png
  • Attached Image: 5137.png
  • Attached Image: 5143.png
  • Attached Image: 5243.png

This post has been edited by December Man: 29 December 2023 - 01:26 PM

• The Truth is in here

Update for The Gate (tiles014/015/018/020.art update with 17 color-fixed tiles provided by December Man).

To update:
- Use the EAC Downloader Script (unzip into your EDuke32 root dir and execute eac_install.bat) OR
- Get the updated EAC Base Pack and download thegate.grp from the EAC repository

This post has been edited by NightFright: 29 December 2023 - 01:43 PM

FYI In August 2023 Haunted Nukem author uploaded a 2.1A patch on ModDB which fixes a few issues:

https://www.moddb.co...ed-nukem-v2-21a

• The Truth is in here

Haunted Nukem updated to v2.1a.

To update:
- Get the updated EAC Base Pack and download haunted.grp from the EAC repository

Note:
EAC Downloader Script has been updated to v1.24. To update, launch the script and choose option [5] under "Choose Installation Type". When done, quit and re-launch the script. This will bring wget.exe to its latest version (v1.21.4).

This post has been edited by NightFright: 03 January 2024 - 11:29 AM

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

View PostNightFright, on 02 January 2024 - 11:41 PM, said:

Haunted Nukem updated to v2.1a.

To update:
- Get the updated EAC Base Pack and download thegate.grp from the EAC repository

why would someone download thegate.grp to update Haunted Nukem?
Doesn't it have it's own package, or are those two bundled together?

This post has been edited by Forge: 03 January 2024 - 08:53 AM

• The Truth is in here

Argh, forgot to edit that part of the text when copy-pasting. Ofc it's supposed to be haunted.grp. Cannot edit the message any more.

User is offline   Forge 

hmm. I think after you've been here long enough and have a decent reputation, you should be able to unlock the achievement 'edit your posts that are more than a day old'
Most of the trolls have moved to discord.

This post has been edited by Forge: 03 January 2024 - 09:50 AM

• The Truth is in here

That would indeed be highly appreciated. The limitation has been annoying me for quite a while, tbh.

*EDIT*
Looks as if something actually happened. ;)

I just noticed that in The Gate MAXPLAYERATOMICHEALTH is set to 300, but MAXPLAYERHEALTH is left at 100. This doesn't work as it is hardcoded to only give twice as much as the player's base health. This causes the player to pick up Atomic Health even at 200 HP with no benefits. I guess this should be fixed by reverting MAXPLAYERATOMICHEALTH to 200, as 300 never worked anyway.

This post has been edited by December Man: 17 January 2024 - 01:28 AM

• The Truth is in here

MAXATOMICHEALTH is also used for MAXARMOR. Can armor value in The Gate reach 300? Don't remember right now.

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

Either way, the mod went through development and was released with health pickups working as intended (or perhaps not with some interesting quirks to how the pickups work, who knows), so this is the perfect example of a silly thing to change. Since there's hard-coded stuff tied to these values, any changes may have unintended consequences.

• The Truth is in here

It's not unlikely the Gate team was aware of this side effect, but it had to be tolerated for the "greater good". I wouldn't be able to tell right now what this setting really accomplishes, but removing this too hastily might indeed break something elsewhere.

User is offline   Forge 

View PostRadar, on 17 January 2024 - 04:43 AM, said:

Either way, the mod went through development and was released with health pickups working as intended (or perhaps not with some interesting quirks to how the pickups work, who knows), so this is the perfect example of a silly thing to change. Since there's hard-coded stuff tied to these values, any changes may have unintended consequences.

^this

not a game breaking issue. leave it alone.

this is a perfect example of overreach

This post has been edited by Forge: 17 January 2024 - 05:55 AM

View PostNightFright, on 17 January 2024 - 05:47 AM, said:

It's not unlikely the Gate team was aware of this side effect, but it had to be tolerated for the "greater good". I wouldn't be able to tell right now what this setting really accomplishes, but removing this too hastily might indeed break something elsewhere.

Makes sense.

Anyway, I missed these two sprites/textures from Secrets of the Acropolis when color-fixing so I'm adding them now.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: 3594.png
  • Attached Image: 3727.png

• The Truth is in here

Update for "Secrets of the Acropolis" with two additional color-fixed tiles by December Man.

To update:
- Get the updated EAC Base Pack and download acropolis.grp from the EAC repository

I finished replaying The Gate and I have some concerns:
E1M6: Subarctica has several HoM bugs. Have you thought about fixing them?
E4M4: The Hive crashes eDuke32 when attempting to exit the map by any means, i.e. ending the level, quitting the game, ending the game. I guess this might be an eDuke32 issue? The log doesn't print anything.

And these are a color-fixed sprite and texture from The Gate I missed last time.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: 2503.png
  • Attached Image: 3474.png

• The Truth is in here

Map crashes are 99% port issues, especially if they didn't happen years ago when I made the last official release.

HoMs can have various causes. Often it's about missing textures. If I know where, I can take a look, but if it's only happening with Polymer, I also tend to not touch those renderer-specific issues any more. In general I've become rather reluctant with map tampering.

That being said... here is an updated "The Gate" with the two additional color-fixed tiles.

To update:

Here are HoM's I've found. I attached screenshots with coordinates in Mapster. The last one is visible after that small door opens.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: capt0001.png
  • Attached Image: capt0002.png
  • Attached Image: capt0003.png

User is offline   Aleks 

I definitely remember Subarctica having some issues with HOM at the beginning of the level and in one of the secret places (ceiling?), which seemed to be indeed from missing textures. Also, IIRC small HOM that seemed to have stemmed from missing textures was also somewhere in the Into the City, but not 100% sure of that now, been a few months since we've played the TC. Definitely not an EDuke issue in either case.

• The Truth is in here

The thing is just that once we start with that, it won't end any more. Ultimately those issues are very minor and fixing them contributes nothing to the functionality or playability of the addon in question. Therefore, I hope everyone understands that such things are rather low on my agenda at the moment. Besides, I'm quite busy with other projects these days.

User is offline   Forge 

View PostNightFright, on 22 January 2024 - 04:25 AM, said:

The thing is just that once we start with that, it won't end any more. Ultimately those issues are very minor and fixing them contributes nothing to the functionality or playability of the addon in question. Therefore, I hope everyone understands that such things are rather low on my agenda at the moment. Besides, I'm quite busy with other projects these days.

the hom in the gate is caused by the customized tiles000.art.
it doesn't have a tile 0 in it, so any instance of a zero texture (normally the ugly grey brick) will end up with no texture. It's like that in the original and is probably a missed texture by the original mapper.
The unnecessary thing to do would be to go edit their art file and put the original ugly grey brick in it.
The 'fix' is to ignore the non-game breaking nitpicking about the original release state of some projects.
Might as well do a sweep of your entire project and fix any misaligned/stretched wall textures while you're at it.

This post has been edited by Forge: 22 January 2024 - 08:02 AM

• The Truth is in here

Well, if it's just that... here's "The Gate" with our beautiful, beloved tile #0 restored (from duke3d.grp). Might not look pretty, but if it fixes the HOMs... Maybe someone will figure out which texture needs to go there at some point. But it may not fit for all maps, I guess. A simple black square texture as a placeholder might do the trick, perhaps? Anyway...

To update:

User is offline   Forge 

View PostNightFright, on 22 January 2024 - 09:14 AM, said:

Maybe someone will figure out which texture needs to go there

tile 0 goes there. Just like the original mapper left it in the original release.

At this point, you might as well offer random people the opportunity to re-texture everything to their liking and update your collection with their submissions

This post has been edited by Forge: 22 January 2024 - 09:47 AM

Share this topic:

• 69 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options