Duke4.net Forums: [RELEASE] EDuke32 Addon Compilation - Duke4.net Forums

• 68 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[RELEASE] EDuke32 Addon Compilation  "Version 3.13 released on December 6, 2016!"

User is offline   Mateos 

You should make a backup in this case before starting editing, will save you time if no answer is given :)

User is online   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

The project is now completed and ready for download on the HRP website as a nice little X-Mas surprise. ^^ Happy holidays everyone!

User is online   Lunick 

Can I just say NightFright that I love your work here and in the Doom community :)

User is offline   faked 

Thank you NightFright.Merry Christmas!

User is offline   Balls of Steel Forever 

• Balls of Steel Forever

Post edited: decided to reinstall.
Re install fixed whatever my problem was.
Thank you Night Fright this made my year....
probably the next one too

This post has been edited by Balls Of Steel Forever: 24 December 2014 - 10:28 PM

User is offline   sergey808a 

Thanks. It's very useful compilation of best mods, and good implementation. Now I'll add a few more mods.

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

View PostNightFright, on 24 December 2014 - 04:34 AM, said:

The project is now completed and ready for download on the HRP website as a nice little X-Mas surprise. ^^ Happy holidays everyone!
Wow! A huge effort. Congrats for finishing this!

I've noticed a that a few newer versions of maps are available than those on which you based your pack:
Attached File  AddonUpd.7z.zip (411.11K)
Number of downloads: 1056
You may want to check those out when thinking about an update.
In WGSpace, SHOTGNK.VOC needs to be renamed to SHOTGNCK.VOC
In case you care about not having duplicate map names in your pack: both platoon.grp and lostduke.grp contain HQ.MAP.

Last but not least: UserMapHacks support for HRP and Voxel Pack users is available (18 GRPs fully covered so far), but RTFM aka UserMapHacks.txt in the UserMapHacks thread.

• The Truth is in here

I am not sure how much sense it would make to update maps within finished releases, especially since I do not know what exactly has been changed and whether those changes actually make those maps better in any way. However, this thing with the shotgun sound in WGSpace not being used due to incorrect naming (or definition on wguser.con, one way or the other, it's wrong) is a nice find and will be included in a future update. Thanks for that!

Since I am pretty sure there will be more things like this, I will be collecting fixes for a while first. Maybe someone even gets "Nuclear Showdown" properly working again with recent EDuke32 snapshots (though I am still not exactly sure what exactly isn't working there - I just know about some problem with the spacesuit in the tutorial).

This post has been edited by NightFright: 03 January 2015 - 12:07 PM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

No AMC TC :)

If you're ever going to include it, it'd be worth waiting for episode 2 IMO. Although it'd probably add another 0.5gb...

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

Fix Overlord freezing in LR&WB:

Search for:
state boss3code

ifaction ABOSS3FROZEN
  {
    ifhitweapon

Replace with:
state boss3code

ifaction ABOSS3FROZEN
  {
    ifcount THAWTIME
    {
      ai AIBOSS3SEEKENEMY
      spritepal 21
    }
    else
      ifcount FROZENDRIPTIME
    {
      ifactioncount 26
      {
        spawn WATERDRIP
        resetactioncount
      }
    }

ifhitweapon

• The Truth is in here

Oh, another one I didn't catch. Actually I never tried freezing the Overlord so I guess it would have been really hard to find this out on my own. ^^ Thanks a lot!

User is offline   Evilman 

This is maybe not the right place to ask, but i don't know if it's a bug or else, 'cause i'm not the only one having this problem after doing some searches on the web apparently.

Do you have any idea where is the RED KEY on WGSpace-3 (Ice Moon) level ? I didn't managed to find it. There's no video of the map online, and all threads about this map and people asking for it had no answers. :lol:

User is offline   NNC 

Little bump... I know I'm late to this party, but were the skill setting issues in Daikarin fixed for this mod? I mean the first map had used hi tags for skill settings instead of lo tags which resulted in CGS skill no matter how you play it.

• The Truth is in here

I have checked daikarn1.map and was able to confirm the issue. The map has been corrected and will be included with the v1.1 update. If you don't want to wait (it may take until end of 2015 before I have enough changes to justify a new release), you can either download the fixed map only or the whole new groupfile below.

To use the new groupfile with the addon pack, open addons.grpinfo with a text editor, jump to the DaikariN definition and replace the whole code block with this one (only the crc value changed, but anyway):

grpinfo
{
    name "DaikariN"
    scriptname "dargame.con"
    defname "duke3d.def"
    size 6731852
    dependency DUKE15_CRC
    flags GAMEFLAG_ADDON
    crc 1205141210
}

Lo-/hitags for following sprites were adjusted in daikarn1.map:
116, 136, 147, 153, 154, 157 (Liztrooper)
150 (Lizman)
1130, 1181, 1182 (Pigcop)
137-139, 1500, 1501 (Octabrain)
1471 (Commander)
162 (Boss1)

That means there should be 17 enemies less to fight now in POC difficulty. Also higher difficulties are still affected, but less severely. Thank you for reporting this!

This post has been edited by NightFright: 30 June 2015 - 03:49 AM

View PostNightFright, on 08 June 2015 - 11:58 PM, said:

I have checked daikarn1.map and was able to confirm the issue. The map has been corrected and will be included with the v1.1 update. If you don't want to wait (it may take until end of 2015 before I have enough changes to justify a new release), you can either download the fixed map only or the whole new groupfile below.To use the new groupfile with the addon pack, open addons.grpinfo with a text editor, jump to the DaikariN definition and replace the whole code block with this one (only the crc value changed, but anyway):
grpinfo{    name "DaikariN"    scriptname "dargame.con"    defname "duke3d.def"    size 6731852    dependency DUKE15_CRC    flags GAMEFLAG_ADDON    crc 1205141210}
Lo-/hitags for following sprites were adjusted in daikarn1.map: 116, 136, 147, 153, 154, 157 (Liztrooper)150 (Lizman)1130, 1181, 1182 (Pigcop)137-139, 1500, 1501 (Octabrain)1471 (Commander)162 (Boss1)That means there should be 17 enemies less to fight now in POC difficulty. Also higher difficulties are still affected, but less severely. Thank you for reporting this!

Should the "// dargame.con: default music | nfdaikrn.con: custom music by NightFright" that was to the right of that in the file still be there?

This pack is amazing and super convenient, thanks for all the work putting it together!

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

I might be a little late to the party, but were all of Fernando Marquez maps put into the pack as episodes? :)

• The Truth is in here

I realized I had removed custom music from Daikarin before I compiled the release actually. I did so with most of the addons, so the grpinfo file often states you can use an alternate CON when there is none. Version 1.1 will correct this, among other things.

In the current addon compilation, you will only find FM2X right now. The latest FM3X release with an additional episode and revised maps of previous episodes will be part of the update (as you can see in the second post of this thread).

This post has been edited by NightFright: 04 August 2015 - 11:50 PM

User is offline   blizzart 

Will the awesome maps by Billy Boy (Bedrone, Lighthouse, Deadfall, etc.) make their way into the next release of the Addon pack?

It´s always annoying to fiddle around with all those file which come along with the maps.

• The Truth is in here

Unfortunately, that's impossible. All of these files come with custom ART files which collide with each other since they replace the same tiles. You cannot put these maps together into one groupfile without running into trouble.

I could group those files, but then they would only contain one map each - which is hardly the point of this compilation.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 05 August 2015 - 11:57 PM

User is offline   blizzart 

View PostNightFright, on 05 August 2015 - 11:55 PM, said:

Unfortunately, that's impossible. All of these files come with custom ART files which collide with each other since they replace the same tiles. You cannot put these maps together into one groupfile without running into trouble.

I could group those files, but then they would only contain one map each - which is hardly the point of this compilation.

Ok, my post was a little bit misunderstanding. I didn´t mean these map to be combined in one episode. Just every single map. I don´t have a clue how to get them running with EDuke32.

User is online   Jblade 

That's no longer a problem as helixhorned added per-map art tile support some time back, and recently fixed it so it works on all maps instead of just usermaps. All you need to do is rename the map's art file to MAPNAME_00 (and so for each further art tile) and the game will automatically use that art tile when the map is loaded.

• The Truth is in here

Found it, introduced in build 4257:

Engine-side per-map ART file support.

When a map named <filename>.map is loaded (<filename> may also contain directory separators), the engine checks for existence of <filename>_XX.art in the virtual file system, where XX is a 0-padded number from 00 to 19. It loads a consecutive sequence of these ART files, i.e. aborts whenever a number in the sequence isn't found (in contrast to normal ART loading).

Restrictions:
- the per-map ART files must not reside in ZIP files
- if a tile number is attempted to be overridden that has a dummytile or is cache1d-locked, per-map ART loading fails
On failure, the map is still loaded, but a diagnostic message is output to the log/OSD.

Loaded per-map ART data are cleared whenever the map is "left". In particular:
- whenever another map is loaded
- in the editor: when a new map is started
- in the game: after the bonus ending screen of a finished level, after going to the title screen via the menu

A final note: file names are supposed to be looked up and compared case-sensitively. That is, <filename> must match EXACTLY between the map's and
per-map ART one; 'art' must be lowercase. Otherwise, the cookie monster will come and eat you!

That's kinda interesting info. This way quite some compilations I considered being impossible until now could be realized. I will see if I can figure it out.

It appears that you cannot put the ART files into a zipfile, though, and renaming is required since usually, you will exceed the 8.3 specifications of groupfile contents (e.g. "cranium_00.art"). That means one would have to work with external ART files - unless you shorten map names.

If there are two maps sharing the same ART, I guess the only way to make it work is to duplicate the files and do like map1_xx.art and map2_xx.art for the same file.

There is also still the issue with overlapping custom sounds and CON code. Sounds could be remapped partially, but if you have for example a custom shotgun sound that is only meant to be used in one map and not any of the others, you would start altering original gameplay. I guess in order for this to work completely, EDuke32 would also need to be able to load specific CON files for each map (e.g. cranium_game.con), and I think that's not possible.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 06 August 2015 - 04:30 AM

User is offline   Anvil 

View Postblizzart, on 06 August 2015 - 12:06 AM, said:

I don´t have a clue how to get them running with EDuke32.

Sorry for being off-topic, but indeed, there is a problem launching Bedrone with EDuke32:

GAME.CON: In state `genericgrowcode':
GAME.CON:168: error: expected a keyword but found `'.
Found 0 warning(s), 1 error(s).

This post has been edited by Anvil: 08 August 2015 - 02:44 PM

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

Can you upload GAME.CON then?

User is offline   Anvil 

Attached File  game.con (144.37K)
Number of downloads: 1005

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

}+
ends

Remove kebab '+'.

This post has been edited by Hendricks266: 08 August 2015 - 04:01 PM

User is offline   Anvil 

The problem is solved, thanks.

• Honored Donor

View PostNightFright, on 06 August 2015 - 12:43 AM, said:

If there are two maps sharing the same ART, I guess the only way to make it work is to duplicate the files and do like map1_xx.art and map2_xx.art for the same file.

Perhaps if we can show that there's enough demand for that multi-map functionality, the devs will feel motivated to put it in. The AMC TC could certainly benefit from it both within multi-map missions and episode specific art. If your pack could benefit from it as well then we have a much stronger case.

amirite Hendricks/Helix? Posted Image

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View PostMicky C, on 08 August 2015 - 05:51 PM, said:

amirite Hendricks/Helix? Posted Image

The per-map ART feature only got in my way when I was refactoring the ART code recently to expand how it can be used from def. I appreciate how it, like the grpinfo feature, has its uses, but I find both to be under-engineered stopgaps that will need both replacements and indefinite maintenance for backwards-compatibility.

That said, I've been looking through some of the Lunatic code recently as part of otherwise unrelated changes I'm working on and I sense that one of the features it can provide is entirely scriptable loading and unloading of game assets. You'll have to wait for that.

• Honored Donor

Cool. Duplicating the tiles will have to do for the meantime then. Fortunately compared to the music and voxels, the art doesn't take up much storage space.

Share this topic:

• 68 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options