Duke4.net Forums: [RELEASE] EDuke32 Addon Compilation - Duke4.net Forums

• 68 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[RELEASE] EDuke32 Addon Compilation  "Version 3.13 released on December 6, 2016!"

User is offline   alexhob123 

View PostFantinaikos, on 17 April 2023 - 07:36 AM, said:

A.Dream Trilogy shouldn't have anymore problem. There was one BLANK/sound related that caused a crash only at a specific point, but it's fixed trough an additional .con loadable with this procedure.

DreamtrilogyExtra.CON

"In order to get the edited CON to load, you need to create a scripts/ directory in the same location your addon.bat and/or eduke32.exe executable is, and put the edited dreamtrilogy_extra.con into there. I see now you said you put it in the root directory, so that's why it wasn't loading for you."

Otherwise check if you have the latest Synthesis Eduke32.exe (unless are indeed the most recent changes that broken some addons again)
https://dukeworld.du...ke32/synthesis/

Or if other .CON's somewhere conflict with the addon starting.

so how do i do this exactly not sure what to do

@nightfright do you know how to do what @fantinaikos replied back to me about getting A.Dream Trilogy working by creating a scripts/ directory as I don't know how to

downloaded latest Synthesis Eduke32.exe now need to know how to create a directory or scripts but don't know how to

anyone help please waiting to play A.Dream Trilogy

This post has been edited by alexhob123: 18 April 2023 - 09:22 AM

how do you play sharks cove can someone show me please

This post has been edited by alexhob123: 18 April 2023 - 10:06 AM

i downloaded an old version of eduke and i got A.Dream Trilogy working

User is online   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

Are you using v3.14 or the v4.0 beta release for all of this? It hasn't been clear from your post so far. Anyway, good you got it working. It's going to be "fun" to keep the addons working as newer EDuke32 snapshots get released.

i was using 3.14 didn't know there was a v4.0 should i use that instead

anyone know how to get v4.0 if it is out or available to download

Better redownload all the pack first using the EAC Downloader Script. Unzip into your EDuke32.exe root dir and execute eac_install.bat choosing the full download option.

As alternative update method or for any future update without the need to download the entire compilation again, get the EAC Base Pack and the individually updated .GRP's from the EAC repositary.

View PostFantinaikos, on 23 April 2023 - 03:07 PM, said:

Better redownload all the pack first using the EAC Downloader Script. Unzip into your EDuke32.exe root dir and execute eac_install.bat choosing the full download option.

As alternative update method or for any future update without the need to download the entire compilation again, get the EAC Base Pack and the individually updated .GRP's from the EAC repositary.

will i need the lastest version or the beta version of eduke32 addon compilation

A.dream trilogy keeps crashing

• The Truth is in here

Don't use latest EDuke32 snapshots. It's impossible to fix everything as fast as updates are breaking it again. At this point I can't even say which would be a half-decent newer snapshot to use.

Ferry reported back in January that snapshot r9631 is the last EDuke32 version which seems to run A.Trilogy without issues. Any newer EDuke32 version will inevitably break the addon and there's nothing I can do about it.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 24 April 2023 - 12:21 PM

User is offline   Reaper_Man 

• Once and Future King

A few pages back I found and fixed another bug in A.Dream, that works on the latest release. Did this get included in the pack?

https://forums.duke4...post__p__376739

I think this person is trying to use the version in the pack and doesn't know how to use/install my edited version.

• The Truth is in here

A.Dream Trilogy has been updated with Reaper_Man's con code fix included.

To update:
- Use the EAC Downloader Script (unzip into your EDuke32 root dir and execute eac_install.bat) OR
- Get the updated EAC Base Pack and download dreamtrilogy.grp from the EAC repository

User is offline   NNC 

I'm wondering if the unreleased Levelord maps (Sewer and Sweeney in particular) should make into this compilation. They need lots of rework for that too, but probably that means two more "official" levels and an expansion of E1 or E3.

User is offline   supergoofy 

What is the most recent eduke32 snapshot that is compatible with the addon compilation ? r9631 or there is a newer ?

Thanks in advance.

• The Truth is in here

There is none which is known to run just about everything flawlessly, I believe. We have yet to determine a build to recommend. r9631 is at least a good build to start with.

• The Truth is in here

WG Mega Pack has been updated to v4.7 (new map + keycard fix for WGSPACE1).

To update:
- Use the EAC Downloader Script (unzip into your EDuke32 root dir and execute eac_install.bat) OR
- Get the updated EAC Base Pack and download wgmega.grp from the EAC repository

• The Truth is in here

WG Mega Pack has been updated to v5.0 (added levels for "WG Realms" and "Pandora" episodes; level updates; new skyboxes, sounds and art; highres intro screens).

To update:
- Get the updated EAC Base Pack and download wgmega.grp from the EAC repository

User is offline   kirakun 

Any update?

I will try to address remaining engine issues related to the compilation once my other tasks have been completed.

• The Truth is in here

Right now there's little to do from my side. We need to see what's going to work again after the port updates. I don't want to change stuff which used to work with older EDuke32 builds.

Indy Tour is really laggy anyway to fix

View Postalexhob123, on 29 August 2023 - 12:24 PM, said:

Indy Tour is really laggy anyway to fix

I meant Infestation in Time not Indy Tour

This post has been edited by alexhob123: 30 August 2023 - 08:11 AM

User is offline   ETPC 

The Root in the Urban Map Pack absolutely has some collision issues when jumping into the small broken windows throughout the map. Tested on r10434.

This post has been edited by ETPC: 06 September 2023 - 07:51 AM

• The Truth is in here

Smells of another port issue. Seems to be a neverending story. I doubt there is an EDuke32 version out there which can actually run anything.

User is offline   Nacho 

So, I tried out this pack on my last stream, specifically for The Dream trilogy, but had to abandon it after a lengthy time trying to find a way to make it work (I ended up just being able to play the first map, which I downloaded separately). I even went into it knowing that there are issues with eDuke32, but I thought I would be able to get it working, but I failed. Could have I eventually figured it out? Sure, but I think it served as a great example as to inaccessible a lot of Duke content is compared to other communities, like Doom.

I think ease of access is something the Duke community really needs, we have so much good stuff that is being lost to time, or just hard to dive into or discover. This addon compilation is a great concept, the integrated addon support (which I saw in development in another thread) is a great concept, and so is eDuke32. The problem seems to be so many great things being done in what seems to be isolation (from an oursiders point of view) leading to clashes and burn out, when I feel there should or could be a way for these forces to join together and really polish eDuke into a real love letter for all Duke content, official and unofficial.

This post has been edited by Nacho: 26 September 2023 - 08:04 AM

User is offline   Ninety-Six 

View PostNacho, on 26 September 2023 - 08:03 AM, said:

The problem seems to be so many great things being done in what seems to be isolation (from an oursiders point of view) leading to clashes and burn out

The problem really is more eduke32 updates breaking older mods and maps, and valiant efforts have been made in the Addon Compilation to fix the mods/maps that broke, but as the revisions continue to update, more and more fixes are undone and many more breaks crop up in the same time. That's what's led to the burn out.

User is offline   Nacho 

Maybe I'm naive when it comes to the direction the eDuke32 team is taking things, as I follow very little of its development. I think eDuke32 is a great product overall but it seems to not take into consideration old content compatibility and I wonder if they do have plans to address it, maybe even by having a "stable" build for old content specifically if it can't just work with newer builds.

I'm just trying to grasp the overall situation since I would just love for Duke to just have a super solid go-to for everything release.

Share this topic:

• 68 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options