Duke4.net Forums: [RELEASE] EDuke32 Addon Compilation - Duke4.net Forums

• 68 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[RELEASE] EDuke32 Addon Compilation  "Version 3.13 released on December 6, 2016!"

User is offline   ETPC 

ran through borg nukem, did both episodes. zero issues again!

User is online   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

Good, that one was an entry from the list. Keep going, sadly it seems you are the only one actually doing something right now.

User is offline   ETPC 

hey, i bugged you enough over the past year and change, it wouldn't be right to wait for someone else to do everything!

View PostJimmy, on 01 November 2020 - 11:51 PM, said:

EDuke32 has different collision than the original game. SST probably uses an exploit of the original behaviour to create ladders. I'd recommend using RedNukem to play larger more advanced old mods like SST and Grins of Divinity.

EDuke32 r9275-6256d4bf7:

Grins of Divinity's ladders aren't functional
Infestation in Time and Starship Trooper's ladders are working

• The Truth is in here

Does it work with Rednukem?

Anyway, this would be something I wouldn't fix through map updates. The port needs to make it work properly.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 11 November 2020 - 01:32 PM

View Postcomorbidity, on 11 November 2020 - 01:10 PM, said:

EDuke32 r9275-6256d4bf7:

Grins of Divinity's ladders aren't functional
Infestation in Time and Starship Trooper's ladders are working

See: https://voidpoint.io...e32/-/issues/68

View PostNightFright, on 11 November 2020 - 01:25 PM, said:

Does it work with Rednukem?Anyway, this would be something I wouldn't fix through map updates. The port needs to make it work properly.

View PostDoom64hunter, on 11 November 2020 - 02:18 PM, said:

I've yet to test it with that fork of eDuke32. I can confirm the same behavior in Raze (0.6.0-573-g57ad04803) which obviously forked at a later point.

Just surprised that the other TCs exploited similar functions in the engine and were working.

Anyways, I'll report back if I find anything 'funny' with the new set of addons.

• The Truth is in here

With kind permission of Preto Murara, I have added "Downtown Journey" (even though I didn't want to add anything at this point, but it was really easy).

Update your EAC build as follows:
- Get the updated base pack (12 MB).
- Get "downtown.grp" (0.4 MB) from the repository.

For the record, here is a short overview what has been tested so far (OK / Bug / Showstopper):
- ADG Episode
- Borg Nukem
- Crucial Conflict

- Grins of Divinity (ladders not working - EDuke32 issue)
- Starship Troopers TC
- The Gate

This post has been edited by NightFright: 11 November 2020 - 10:40 PM

Seems like every addon I've tried thus far with the Rednukem port have had CON compilation issues.

Rednukem r11972-c905e4cd7
Built Nov 12 2020 17:57:50, GCC 10.2.1, 64-bit

• The Truth is in here

I never tried to run any addon with Rednukem. Not sure if it's even possible to make them compatible. If the port is lacking code portions from EDuke32, it's never going to work.

Aye. Just throwing that out there. :)

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Are you trying to run the original version of the mods, or edited versions from the compilation?

The latter; guess that's the issue at hand then. I was assuming that it'd just work out of box with the groupfiles from the (new) addon compilation.

This post has been edited by comorbidity: 13 November 2020 - 03:12 AM

• The Truth is in here

Well, it's not called the Rednukem Addon Compilation for a reason. I have no idea what was done for the RN port code-wise, so no clue which parts of my defs/cons causes issues.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 13 November 2020 - 04:17 AM

User is offline   ETPC 

ran through JJ Duke Nukem over the past day or so, zero issues!

User is offline   ETPC 

RED2 crashes eduke32 when you jump down the hole and the screen fades to black.

• The Truth is in here

That report would have to be a bit more precise. Which hole? (Best is to attach a screenshot.) This also seems like an EDuke32 issue to me. I didn't touch that map in general and it used to work with older builds. Can you maybe test with older builds and see which is the last one that can run the map flawlessly?

• The Truth is in here

Preto Murara has provided me with v1.1 of this "Downtown Journey" addon (only available here for now), featuring quite a few fixes which make the maps more playable. It's time to update your files again!

Update your EAC build:
- Get updated "downtown.grp" (0.4 MB) from the repository.

(If you want to know about details of this new version, there is a changelog named "downtown_changelog.txt" in the addons\readme\various subdir.)

This post has been edited by NightFright: 17 November 2020 - 02:18 AM

The christmas project is not working for me at all. It displays the intro video but everything else is not working. However, the other christmas addon, countdown to christmas, is working fine so far. Will report back if I find more issues in other addons.

Edit:
Nevermind, I just redownloaded the file and it worked, guess I did something wrong. Will test further.

This post has been edited by themaniacboy: 17 November 2020 - 01:09 PM

View PostETPC, on 15 November 2020 - 07:35 PM, said:

RED2 crashes eduke32 when you jump down the hole and the screen fades to black.

Any more information on this regarding exact location of the bug? Would be interested in investigating the problem.

This post has been edited by Doom64hunter: 17 November 2020 - 03:47 PM

User is offline   ETPC 

apologies for disappearing! got swallowed up by school. ran through red2 again and no issues exiting this time. weird. maybe there was something going on with my computer and a reboot fixed it?

edit: hmm. RED4 is being very wonky. i had an enforcer appear upside down in the bar area that spawns on the stage and im encountering an issue in the engine room area where i can't progress because i keep getting warped to a black box where nothing happens.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: duke0003.png

This post has been edited by ETPC: 17 November 2020 - 08:38 PM

• The Truth is in here

WGRealms2: Demon Throne updated to v1.02 (plus wgr2game.con update from Nov 18, 2020). With this release I also corrected voxel defs in wgr2.def which I forgot to update before since I moved the voxels to a subdir without adjusting file paths.

I also updated "Downtown Journey" once again with a small fix for E5L2.

Update your EAC build:
- Get updated "wgrealms2_dt.grp" (173 MB) and "downtown.grp" (0.4 MB) from the repository.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 18 November 2020 - 08:42 AM

User is offline   ETPC 

can anyone check to see if red4 breaks for them too? im running r9257.

View PostETPC, on 19 November 2020 - 08:41 AM, said:

can anyone check to see if red4 breaks for them too? im running r9257.

can confirm; there was an upside-down enforcer and a teleportation to the blackout room (lights out scripted event going haywire?)

• The Truth is in here

You got me curious. I need to check that by myself. The Red series don't feature any considerable coding. If this doesn't work, EDuke32 must be the cause. Then it's about finding out the last snapshot which runs the map(s) properly.

• The Truth is in here

I have now played Red2 and Red4. While I did not find anything wrong with Red2, Red4 has at least two issues with r9275 which are 100% showstoppers:

1) It is virtually impossible to throw the pipebomb through the hole in the door to blow the crack on the other side to reach the stairs.
2) Once you reach the engine room after using the blue keycard, entering a room when the lights are turned off locks you in a black box.

I tested with a few snapshots and found the following:
- r7470 or earlier: works as intended
- r7615-8659: pipebomb throw broken, black room works
- r8700 or later: nothing works

This indicates that the pipebomb throwing issue broke between r7470 and r7615 and the black room issue was introduced between r8659 and 8700. That should narrow it down enough for the EDuke32 team to investigate. Fun fact: r7552 also did not work at all, which is weird since in later builds at least the black room issue was solved again (for a while).

This post has been edited by NightFright: 20 November 2020 - 12:15 AM

User is offline   MetHy 

Sorry if this has already been posted.

I wanted to (re)play Barber's maps from The Gate, but in his first map (last map of the 3rd episode) I found a couple of issues:

You're supposed to shoot this sprite platform to make it go up, but if you try to do so while being on the platform, it breaks the whole thing. Yet, this seems to be the intended thing to do. Thankfully the whole point of this setup is to access a switch up there and you can simply aim up to shoot at it.

Attached Image: duke0470.png

This teleporter seems to be supposed to send the player in a rotating SOS room below but instead, sends the player only a few steps away without changing floor. My hunch tells me that the original version used a glitch that got fixed but I haven't checked in M32 to make sure.
At this point I used noclip to check that room, didn't find anything in there despite all logic pointing to the fact there should be a keycard down there, and skipped to the next map. This last part however is probably just me.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: duke0469.png

This post has been edited by MetHy: 20 November 2020 - 12:16 AM

• The Truth is in here

Testing results update of what has been discovered so far:

- ADG Episode
- Borg Nukem
- Crucial Conflict

- Grins of Divinity (ladders not working)
- JJ Duke Nukem 3D
- Red Series (RED4: pipebombs won't fit through hole/getting stuck in black room)
- Starship Troopers TC
- The Gate (GATE306: shooting sprite platform not working/teleporter to SOS room not working)

So far all of these seem to be EDuke32-related issues. In fact, they should all be since I played through all of these before (Grins maybe not that much) and could complete them without issues, at least a few years ago.

If anybody feels up to it, please test different EDuke32 snapshots to find out which is the last version that was able to run the maps properly. For RED4 I have roughly done that already.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 20 November 2020 - 01:03 AM

User is offline   ETPC 

i'll try my best to do more testing this weekend!

i don't know why but. i tried to add some of the newest releases from the addons compilation to update what mods got fixed. and when i go to load it up. it doesn't appear in the EDuke32 loader. even that Downtown Journey or whatever it's called doesn't appear. it's rather confusing as to why some of the addons don't appear when trying to use it

Share this topic:

• 68 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options