Duke4.net Forums: [RELEASE] Duke Hard episode - Duke4.net Forums

• 16 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[RELEASE] Duke Hard episode  "By the Duke4 community"

User is online   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

Is there any chance anyone can post a quick con fix (if possible) to get the ingame menu working again properly with recent EDuke32 snapshots? Looks like some code change since DH v1.2 brought back the old issue.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 18 January 2018 - 06:31 AM

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

Yeah, I guess for the moment we can patch in a fix. It should be a one or two line change.

• The Truth is in here

Great! If a fixed release cannot happen in the near future, could you maybe just post the lines that need to be changed here? I wanted to have a DH version properly working with recent EDuke32 snapshots included in the compilation update by the end of January, if possible.

• Weaponized Autism

Fixed: http://dukeworld.duk...keHard-1.2.1.7z

• The Truth is in here

Let's hope it will last for a while this time. ^^

User is online   MetHy 

Hendricks found this video

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View PostMetHy, on 02 February 2018 - 12:02 AM, said:

Hendricks found this video

https://www.youtube....h?v=8t0f9IfXCYs

Heh, my map killed him off a few times, and he only beat 3D Realms' time by less than 2 seconds.

User is offline   Mike Norvak 

• Music Producer

View PostMicky C, on 12 February 2018 - 05:35 AM, said:

Heh, my map killed him off a few times, and he only beat 3D Realms' time by less than 2 seconds.

Yeah! While other maps were skipped and finished in less than 5 seconds, I think your map is one of the most original and well designed in the pack, although my favs are the duke burguer one (I don't remember the name ir author, sorry) and Forge's map.

Just finished playing Duke Hard and it was incredible. It's a shame that the latest version of EDuke32 breaks a few maps and I had to noclip certain parts as the only way to advance. Very impressed with this effort regardless, and will definitely be one of my go to mods in the future. Usually in projects like these I expect there to be a lot of balancing issues and maps being hit or miss. This was very solid for most of it with very few misses. Some times a map or two was a bit rough around the edges on balancing difficulty, but nothing too outrageous.

Great job.

• Weaponized Autism

View PostPutrid Pete, on 18 October 2019 - 07:43 AM, said:

It's a shame that the latest version of EDuke32 breaks a few maps and I had to noclip certain parts as the only way to advance.

Could you share where the issues are?

View PostHendricks266, on 18 October 2019 - 10:48 AM, said:

Could you share where the issues are?

I remember 3 maps being broken:

The last level, Rooftops, because it requires you to climb some stairs and they refused to work altogether; there was another level that had stairs on them but I don't remember the name. It had the same issue, stairs refused to work. The other was Poormann's Library (level 12). There's a section where you go through a mirror and it absorbs you into a different room; with the latest EDuke32 release, it squishes you once you reach the next room.

Edit: Also, I beat the mod in 'Come Get Some' difficulty but didn't unlock any extra content. Maybe because I was forced to cheat with noclip to get past the three aforementioned maps?

This post has been edited by Putrid Pete: 18 October 2019 - 11:29 AM

User is offline   Paul B 

View PostPutrid Pete, on 18 October 2019 - 11:26 AM, said:

I remember 3 maps being broken:

The last level, Rooftops, because it requires you to climb some stairs and they refused to work altogether; there was another level that had stairs on them but I don't remember the name. It had the same issue, stairs refused to work. The other was Poormann's Library (level 12). There's a section where you go through a mirror and it absorbs you into a different room; with the latest EDuke32 release, it squishes you once you reach the next room.

Edit: Also, I beat the mod in 'Come Get Some' difficulty but didn't unlock any extra content. Maybe because I was forced to cheat with noclip to get past the three aforementioned maps?

Maybe most of your concerns might be addressed running an older version of the Eduke32 software not necessarily problems with the maps themselves. What version of Eduke32 are you running with this episode?

This post has been edited by Paul B: 21 October 2019 - 08:49 AM

View PostPaul B, on 21 October 2019 - 08:47 AM, said:

Maybe most of your concerns might be addressed running an older version of the Eduke32 software not necessarily problems with the maps themselves. What version of Eduke32 are you running with this episode?

When I say that 3 maps are broken, I meant to say that they were broken by the latest EDuke32 build that I had at the time (from September 19), and not that they were broken in and of themselves, if that makes sense. If you read my first post I said:

"It's a shame that the latest version of EDuke32 breaks a few maps and I had to noclip certain parts as the only way to advance."

Sorry for the confusion. And yes, an earlier version of EDuke should do the trick, although I haven't tested it with the new builds since the one I used then.

This post has been edited by Putrid Pete: 21 October 2019 - 09:16 AM

User is offline   Paul B 

View PostPutrid Pete, on 21 October 2019 - 09:14 AM, said:

When I say that 3 maps are broken, I meant to say that they were broken by the latest EDuke32 build that I had at the time (from September 19), and not that they were broken in and of themselves, if that makes sense. If you read my first post I said:

"It's a shame that the latest version of EDuke32 breaks a few maps and I had to noclip certain parts as the only way to advance."

Sorry for the confusion. And yes, an earlier version of EDuke should do the trick, although I haven't tested it with the new builds since the one I used then.

Ahh. okay sorry I didn't read any of the previous posts. Thanks for the clarification.

View PostPutrid Pete, on 18 October 2019 - 11:26 AM, said:

The other was Poormann's Library (level 12).

Somehow I just knew, as soon as he said something was broken, that I'd get the blame for this in one way or another. :o

And then I wonder why nobody invites me onto any form of community projects any more.

User is offline   Tekedon 

View PostHigh Treason, on 22 October 2019 - 10:56 AM, said:

Somehow I just knew, as soon as he said something was broken, that I'd get the blame for this in one way or another. :P

And then I wonder why nobody invites me onto any form of community projects any more.

Eduke32 can't handle your mapping skills :o :D

Share this topic:

• 16 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options