Duke4.net Forums: [RELEASE] Duke Hard episode - Duke4.net Forums

• 17 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[RELEASE] Duke Hard episode  "By the Duke4 community"

User is offline   ck3D 

Sorry I can't edit my former post, but I've been watching more of that video here and there in bits and the player cheeses the hell out of Parking like a true champ. They also spot a hilarious glitch at 4:47:20 that may or may not have been fixed or reported before. I really think that map is one of the best ever made for Duke 3D, by the way - blockout and design are both amazing.

This post has been edited by ck3D: 27 December 2021 - 12:42 AM

User is offline   Avenger 

View PostAvenger, on 24 July 2021 - 02:10 PM, said:

Is there any way to adjust the volume level for the cutscene videos without having to crank up the settings menu volume sliders that are otherwise set perfectly for playing the maps?

User is online   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

Since I watched "Die Hard" yesterday, I thought I give this mod a replay after eight years. It's actually even more fun with fresh memories about the movie in your head, even though the limitations imposed by the setting of the episode remain the same as before.

I challenged myself by playing this in Rednukem, which required a few modifications on my side (i.e. mostly getting rid of the level randomizer code and any other EDuke32-specific stuff Rednukem wouldn't understand). To my surprise, the maps themselves remained quite playable, with some visual glitches here and there (mostly moving sprites like helicopters or scaffolds doing jerky movements) plus a single real showstopper in DH5 "Abstratech" where the switches to rotate the command center would move around like crazy (instead of moving with the sector) after rotating the structure once. DNCLIP was required here. I am not sure if this is an EDuke32-specific feature or a Rednukem bug, but I reported it on Github.

Besides that, 16 out of 17 maps could be completed without cheating (Rednukem apparently has no issues with episodes exceeding vanilla limits) and it was quite entertaining. The only map I didn't like so much was DH12 "Poormann's Library" due to its constant dimension hopping which felt kinda glitchy. (Reaching the secret level was ofc a no-brainer due to my knowledge from the movie I had just watched the other day.) The general concept of having a bunch of shorter maps which can be completed in 10-15mins each max is still a concept that works well for me.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 12 December 2022 - 08:09 AM

User is offline   Nacho 

SAT, OCT 14TH, 11:00 AM EST.

I'm streaming the second half of Duke Hard. Figured I should probably advertise it for anyone interested. The channel is just for User Map livestreams so far focusing on how the levels are made and play as I learn Mapster32 myself:

https://youtube.com/...DszEauIs95OAxM-

User is offline   ck3D 

Just noticed someone recently posted a detailed per-map review of the episode on the wrong website here: https://www.reddit.c...rd_my_thoughts/

This post has been edited by ck3D: 20 December 2023 - 02:58 PM

Share this topic:

• 17 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options