Duke4.net Forums: Doom corner - Duke4.net Forums

Hide message Show message
Welcome to the Duke4.net Forums!

Register an account now to get access to all board features. After you've registered and logged in, you'll be able to create topics, post replies, send and receive private messages, disable the viewing of ads and more!

• 100 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Doom corner  "for all Doom related discussion"

User is offline   Tekedon 

View PostThe Battlelord, on 15 March 2019 - 01:48 PM, said:

Exactly, i watched this a pair of months ago and i strongly wished that also the multiplayer would have be played like this, or at least closer, my my....

Is that the original Doom 2016? :blink:

User is offline   PsychoGoatee 

View PostTekedon, on 15 March 2019 - 02:05 PM, said:

Is that the original Doom 2016? :blink:

Yep

View PostNightFright, on 15 March 2019 - 06:32 AM, said:

I had second thoughts about this thing and gotta say: It was clear since the beginning it's going to be a direct-to-video production, so it wasn't adequate to expect top-notch quality and movie feeling to begin with. It looks cheap because it has to be, and ofc you don't have good actors in it since those cost a lot of money. The script probably sucks, too, since they couldn't afford proper writers. In the end, what you see is what you get. The actors are naturally hyped about the project and will only say positive things about the whole thing, so you can't take their statements seriously. Personally, I will certainly not buy this and just wait else to do it and then see what's the what. The best aspect about that Annihilation trailer is how much some people freak out about its low quality. And it kinda retroactively upgrades the 2005 movie, if that's worth anything.

We all knew it was going to be low budget schlock, but it could have been charming redeemable low budget schlock. Instead it appears to be generic. And there are plenty of talented writers who aren't big successes yet, all I ask is somebody involved in this movie having a bit of a clue. Can't blame everything on lack of funding, so many clever movies have been made for peanuts. Plus there are big budget movies with a lot of the same problems.

This post has been edited by PsychoGoatee: 15 March 2019 - 02:51 PM

User is offline   Zor 

User is offline   Major Tom 

A rant about a stupid old cartoon series returning to TV is a great reason to play DooM, isn't it?

User is offline   Striker 

• Auramancer

This post has been edited by Striker: 19 March 2019 - 05:20 PM

User is offline   Lazy Dog 

View PostStriker, on 19 March 2019 - 05:20 PM, said:

Reminds me of a certain Unreal Tournament map

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

"Extra life activated."

Ohhhhhhhh. I get it. I like it.

Roland SC-55 Music Packs
Latest release: Heretic SC-55 Music Pack (12/12/18)
*new* Buy the Mage's Initiation Original Soundtrack on Bandcamp by me!
Buy the P&C Adventure/RPG game Mage's Initiation on Steam, GOG, and Humble

User is online   Ninety-Six 

I think they said as much about it before, but it's still good to see it in action.

So is this like the ruins of a UAC space fleet, chunks of Mars thrown into the void...where is this? The video quality doesn't make it easy to tell.

User is online   Zaxx 

I like Doomguy's pain sounds. :D

User is offline   Doom64hunter 

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 19 March 2019 - 09:00 PM, said:

"Extra life activated."

Ohhhhhhhh. I get it. I like it.

Seems to act like the Energy Tanks in Metroid Prime.

User is offline   Malgon 

Bethesda reaffims Doom Eternal and others will come to Steam.

Most anticipated games: Ion Maiden, Cyberpunk 2077, Doom Eternal, Beyond Good and Evil 2

User is offline   razgriz 

Anyone else getting anxious?

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

Rage 2 AND Doom Eternal, actually. I never thought I would ever be happy about something like this. Used to take it for granted. How times change.

User is online   Ninety-Six 

He was a lot more forgiving than I expected.

User is offline   Malgon 

Most anticipated games: Ion Maiden, Cyberpunk 2077, Doom Eternal, Beyond Good and Evil 2

User is offline   Lazy Dog 

View PostMalgon, on 25 March 2019 - 11:38 PM, said:

Posted Image

User is offline   Cherno 

Quarantine TC for GZDoom.

See video description for details.

This post has been edited by Cherno: 19 April 2019 - 09:51 AM

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

Visually a lot better than the original, but it still feels like you are just the Doomguy walking around with guns on your head, no car physics at all.

Nevertheless, quite impressive with a lot of attention paid to details.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 19 April 2019 - 11:06 AM

User is offline   thricecursed 

View PostNightFright, on 19 April 2019 - 11:04 AM, said:

Visually a lot better than the original, but it still feels like you are just the Doomguy walking around with guns on your head, no car physics at all.

The original Quarantine felt like that too, lol. But yeah, could add some car physics since this isn't aiming to be a 1:1 recreation.

User is offline   The Battlelord 

Peace and love Posted Image

Edit: I am drunk or Doomguy is no more left-handed starting from DooM 3? (punches and pistol).

Who the hell are you!?
Don't dare to blame my english, I'm an Alien after all... Heavily armed too...

This post has been edited by The Battlelord: 19 April 2019 - 08:32 PM

User is offline   Cherno 

View PostNightFright, on 19 April 2019 - 11:04 AM, said:

Nevertheless, quite impressive with a lot of attention paid to details.

It might not be apparent, but the physics are quite different from standard Doomguy behavior. It's close to the hovertanks from Battlezone (the 1998 version). Low friction to allow for gliding, slow sideways movement, acceleration instead of semi-instand top speed.

The vanilla Quarantine controls were annoying and not like I would guess a hovercab would drive at all.

This post has been edited by Cherno: 21 April 2019 - 10:54 AM

Share this topic:

• 100 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks are property of their respective owners. Instead of reading this text, you could be playing Ion Maiden! ;) © 2018 Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options