Duke4.net Forums: Doom corner - Duke4.net Forums

Hide message Show message
Welcome to the Duke4.net Forums!

Register an account now to get access to all board features. After you've registered and logged in, you'll be able to create topics, post replies, send and receive private messages, disable the viewing of ads and more!

• 85 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Doom corner  "for all Doom related discussion"

User is offline   TheZombieKiller 

View PostTrooper Dan, on 13 April 2018 - 05:52 PM, said:

re-written AI and more available animations. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think that Doom ports allow that.

ZDoom derivatives and ports like Eternity are perfectly capable of this.

User is online   Zaxx 

View PostTheZombieKiller, on 15 April 2018 - 09:06 PM, said:

ZDoom derivatives and ports like Eternity are perfectly capable of this.

And stuff like Brutal Doom and Smooth Doom are actively doing it:

Realistically speaking though what Trooper Dan envisions is certainly not possible in the scale of a fanmade mod.

This post has been edited by Zaxx: 15 April 2018 - 09:26 PM

User is offline   Malgon 

The soundtrack to Doom is getting a physical release a bit later in the year in vinyl and CD through Laced Records for those interested. Price for this is €90.00 (not including shipping) for the Special Limited Edition:

*** THE 'SPECIAL LIMITED EDITION X4LP' (X4 RED VINYL/CUSTOM SLIPMAT/DOUBLE CD BUNDLE) IS ONLY AVAILABLE TO PRE-ORDER FOR A LIMITED TIME OF 2 WEEKS ONLY. ALL PRE-ORDERS WILL CLOSE AT MIDNIGHT (UK TIME) ON 2ND MAY 2018. AFTER THIS DATE ONLY THE 'SPECIAL EDITION X4LP' (X4 BLACK VINYL), 'DOUBLE VINYL' & 'DOUBLE CD' WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE AS STANDALONE PRODUCTS ***

Posted Image
Posted Image

Most anticipated games: Ion Maiden, Beyond Good and Evil 2, Cyberpunk 2077

This post has been edited by Malgon: 19 April 2018 - 02:35 AM

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

The simple double CD trifold release is only 14.00. That's the one I'll be getting. Nice to finally have it in a lossless format!! (well, these mixes anyway. the game rips are lossless)

Roland SC-55 Music Packs
new! It's Green (Duke3D BETA Track!) in FLAC, OGG, & MP3 with metadata loop tags
Duke3D, Doom, Descent, Hocus Pocus, and more...
Legacy of Grabbag Metal Medley

User is offline   Malgon 

It'd be great if all the game soundtracks Mick Gordon has worked on were on his Bandcamp, as there are many people who want lossless versions. I know the decision would not be his to make of course, as the developers would have ownership of it and would control how it is distributed. It's unfortunate imo, as there are quite a lot of soundtracks from well known artists for both big name studios and indies on there, so clearly there is good exposure for all parties involved. Maybe someday it will happen.

Most anticipated games: Ion Maiden, Beyond Good and Evil 2, Cyberpunk 2077

This post has been edited by Malgon: 19 April 2018 - 06:39 AM

User is online   Commando Nukem 

• Judge Mental

View PostZaxx, on 15 April 2018 - 09:26 PM, said:

what Trooper Dan envisions is certainly not possible in the scale of a fanmade mod.

It totally is. It would be a large volume of work, but it is entirely doable.

OPEN MAW PRODUCTIONS
Facebook Youtube and Twitter

User is offline   HulkNukem 

The new God of War has some really good Doom inspired reverse cover art and someone combined them:
Posted Image

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

Hah that's awesome.

Roland SC-55 Music Packs
new! It's Green (Duke3D BETA Track!) in FLAC, OGG, & MP3 with metadata loop tags
Duke3D, Doom, Descent, Hocus Pocus, and more...
Legacy of Grabbag Metal Medley

User is offline   Ninety-Six 

i want that in my house

User is offline   gemeaux333 

https://twitter.com/...&tfw_site=JVCom

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

I hope this movie captures the atmosphere of the games at least a bit compared to the first attempt that almost had nothing in common with the franchise except for its title, some char name references and the fact it had a BFG.

The movie is also not supposed to make it into cinemas, rather likely Netflix or direct publishing.

User is offline   Ninety-Six 

Let's hope it actually includes demons this time. I'd consider that a victory.

User is offline   Fantinaikos 

It is strange that practically no one has pointed out how the Hell Knight of the 2005 movie and the one of DOOM 4 have much in common. Or at least a sort of intermediate phase between DOOM 3 Hell Knight and DOOM 4 Hell Knight.

User is online   Commando Nukem 

• Judge Mental

Maybe if you're talking the general sillohette of the creatures, sure, but the detail is drastically different. The Doom 3 and Doom 4 Hellknight share some similarities, but the Doom Movie Hellknight is basically just flayed and rotting flesh. The Doom 3 Hellknight has an armory hide that has thick haunchy bones.The creature in Doom 4 takes that look and exagerates it even more, with the semi-exposed cranial cap. But yeah, the Doom Movie HK is little more a muscular bag of rotting meat. It actually looks rather ridiculous when taken out of the context of the film. The design is not one of SWS best.

OPEN MAW PRODUCTIONS
Facebook Youtube and Twitter

Share this topic:

• 85 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks are property of their respective owners. Instead of reading this text, you could be playing Ion Maiden! ;) © 2018 Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options