• 24 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mapping questions thread

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

It's to align sprites to the angle of the wall. Though you should always manually move the sprites away from the walls with the grid lock off in order to avoid the sprite disappearing during gameplay.

It doesn't disappear, it just gets pushed on another wall further away, take a look. It's a bit fiddly but you can get used to it.

User is offline   DotK3D 

Hello,

I have spotted where the sprite go, I haven't watch correctly :D (And it's hard to spot with the default sprite... :lol: )

Though you should always manually move the sprites away from the walls with the grid lock off in order to avoid the sprite disappearing during gameplay.

Good to know.

Bye and thanks for your answer,
DotK3D

Hey there guys, I need your help.
Here is my problem:
- switch #1 opens Door #1 (switch responds to activator 1, it also has SE=10 set to 100 in the same sector and activator 2)
- switch #2 opens Door #1 and Door #2 (switch responds to activator 2, it also has SE=10 set to 100, activator 2 responds to both doors)

What happens is switch #1 opens door #1 first, then opens door #2 (after 100 tics has passed), and only then closes both doors.
Why does it happen? Is it possible to force switches to open doors they are associated with only and autoclose them in a correct way?
I can see that switches have no problem operating with multiple activators as long as there is no SE=10, which fucks everything up.

Here is a little demonstration in the attached files:

Attached File(s)

Autoclose works by firing all activators in the same sector. So anything sharing any activators as door 1 will trigger. Instead, use a two way train to open and close door though you may need to be careful which switch sprite you choose ... you need one that wont retrigger until effect completes.

TTFN,
Jon

User is offline   MC84 

Hi all, not sure if I'm posting in the correct section - I just had a quick (and hopefully simple) question to ask: is there a way to increase visibility in large, outdoor maps? Specifically, how can I make far-off objects still retain their shade and be visible from the other end of the map? I'm sure this is possible as I noticed in Alejandro Glavic's map ADG6 the cityscape off in the distance retains its bright shade. Is it just a matter of increasing brightness of all of the wall textures? Or is there a trick that I don't know about?

User is offline   Mark 

In 3d mode, aim at the floor, press and hold the left ALT button while rolling the mouse wheel to set visibility. Or you can press the ' key and F. That brings up another handy little menu of stuff to adjust.

This post has been edited by Mark.: 31 August 2017 - 08:04 PM

User is offline   MC84 

View PostMark., on 31 August 2017 - 08:04 PM, said:

In 3d mode, aim at the floor, press and hold the left ALT button while rolling the mouse wheel to set visibility. Or you can press the ' key and F. That brings up another handy little menu of stuff to adjust.

Awesome! thanks mate

Hey guys, I'm currently building a room with some doors. The room is above another room. I cant get to set the door to have lotag of 20 because it's the room below who will be assigned with the lotag of 20. How can I get to only affect things in the upper room?

User is offline   Mark 

In 3d mode point at the floor and press ' and T. Then enter the lotag. Its ' and H if you ever need to set the hitag. These work for walls and ceilings too.

View PostMark., on 17 September 2017 - 01:36 PM, said:

In 3d mode point at the floor and press ' and T. Then enter the lotag. Its ' and H if you ever need to set the hitag. These work for walls and ceilings too.

Can you somehow explain where " ' " is on the keyboard? My keyboard layout is different from the american one :/

User is offline   Mark 

It is the same key as the " ( quote ) symbol.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: keyboard.jpg

This post has been edited by Mark.: 17 September 2017 - 02:59 PM

User is online   blizzart 

1. Is there a way to let a spotlight travel with a 2-way-train?

I have a 2-way-train in my map and a spotlight within that moving sector. As long the effect isn´t triggered and the moving sector stnads still, the spotlight does shine as it should.
When the effect is triggered by a touchplate the sector moves and the spotlight disappears.

Is there any soultion to this?

2. Do I have the chance to let a 2-way train travel through two or more sectors?

I want to create a nice effect, where a train chrashes into another one. For that, a 2-way train should come out of a tunnel and drives into a trainstation where another train stands. Is there any way to realize something like that. In my case, the 2-way-train moves into the second sector and then suddenly disappears.

This post has been edited by blizzart: 18 September 2017 - 01:05 PM

User is offline   BestViking 

1:

Can one make a door that has both activatorlocked and activator? switch 1 with tag 1 unlocks and switch two with tag 2 is tagged like the activator. I tried this but it didn't work.

2:

Can I have ambient, repeating sound that is activated with a switch?

User is offline   Mark 

I think that to have sprites stay on a moving sector you have to press R to align them to that sector's floor. Maybe that goes for SE 50 light sprite too. Or did you try that already?

User is offline   Mark 

could you use this? and place your switches in the 2 places you want them to be instead of next to each other
http://infosuite.duk...age=ae_doors_d8

View PostMark., on 18 September 2017 - 02:49 PM, said:

I think that to have sprites stay on a moving sector you have to press R to align them to that sector's floor. Maybe that goes for SE 50 light sprite too. Or did you try that already?

Thanks Mark, but this didn´t help either. It also causes a map corruption in Mapster.

User is offline   Mark 

I tried adding a se 49 and 50 to a 2way train in one of my maps. They both show fine in Mapster. But in Eduke32 neither one shows. Although the game I tested in is one of mine that uses a way old version of Mapster and eduke

This post has been edited by Mark.: 18 September 2017 - 04:38 PM

View PostMark., on 18 September 2017 - 04:35 PM, said:

I tried adding a se 49 and 50 to a 2way train in one of my maps. They both show fine in Mapster. But in Eduke32 neither one shows. Although the game I tested in is one of mine that uses a way old version of Mapster and eduke

Don´t ask me why, but now it works. I resetted the hitag of the SE50 to 0 and set it back to the previous 5000 and now it work and travels with the moving sector.

User is offline   Mark 

I have had plenty of times where an SE light that was in the map and working for a long time would one day not light up. I delete it and remake it. Poof it stays working once again. Just one of those little quirks I live with.

OK, this seems to do the trick to transport a SE50 spotlight with a 2-way-train:

1. the SE50 isn´t allowed to be directly on the moving sector´s ground. It has to be "floating" above it.

2. the light has to touch at least a very small part at the front of the moving sector.

NOTE: If you follow step 1 but the light is completely out of the moving sector, the light will randomly flash while traveling (but will be shown correctly when reaching the destination point) --> I think this can be useful for some effects.

NOTE 2: the SE50 doesn´t have to be wall or sector aligned.

Pictures:
Attached Image: capt0050.png
Attached Image: scrn0000.png

This post has been edited by blizzart: 18 September 2017 - 05:34 PM

Aren´t slopes allowed on a two-way-train?
I made a relative complex construction out of my two-way-train with slopes in the containing sectors and it all looks like garbage (huge slopes u to the ceiling, glitches) when the train moves in game.

User is offline   Rhaisher 

So, after a really long Mapster32 break, I'm back into action. Sadly, I've forgotten lots of how the level editor works, so I'm checking tutorias again and whatnot. :D

After a nightshift, I've been toying around with TROR and a doubt came to my mind: is it possible to "disconnect" two sectors joined by TROR, change the shape of the extended loop and then reconnect them again? ;)

I've been trying with Ctrl + J and that sort of thing without success. I'm not sure if this is doable or not. Or if I should erase one of the sectors attached to the extended loop and then start again. :P

Any advice?

Thanks. B)

User is offline   Paul B 

View PostRhaisher, on 28 November 2017 - 12:08 AM, said:

So, after a really long Mapster32 break, I'm back into action. Sadly, I've forgotten lots of how the level editor works, so I'm checking tutorias again and whatnot. :D

After a nightshift, I've been toying around with TROR and a doubt came to my mind: is it possible to "disconnect" two sectors joined by TROR, change the shape of the extended loop and then reconnect them again? ;)

I've been trying with Ctrl + J and that sort of thing without success. I'm not sure if this is doable or not. Or if I should erase one of the sectors attached to the extended loop and then start again. :P

Any advice?

Thanks. B)

This should be totally possible. You just need to make sure the upper and lower sectors contain the identical amount of sectors and that the same sectors for the TROR group have the exact amount of verticies in the corresponding locations. You also need to make sure that the top sector floor height is at the same height as the bottom sector ceiling height. I've broken and re-joined sectors before. Once they are re-joined you can go back to the upper or lower sections of the TROR group and join sectors to reduce the amount of sectors being used since some may not be necessary. I usually do this to tidy up things but it can be dangerous if you accidentally join the wrong sectors. Then you'll have to rebreak the TROR area and rejoin it again.

Note: To do this type of work you need to use the Side view in mapster (F3 key) so you can select both the upper and lower sections that you want to re-join. CTRL-J is the right key to use to re-join broken sectors.

This post has been edited by Paul B: 29 November 2017 - 10:01 AM

Hey, sorry if this was already asked, couldn't find it. How to create a revolving door which has to be activated like a normal door? e.g. a revolving bookcase in Blood.

User is offline   Hank 

View PostDecember Man, on 20 September 2018 - 02:11 PM, said:

Hey, sorry if this was already asked, couldn't find it. How to create a revolving door which has to be activated like a normal door? e.g. a revolving bookcase in Blood.

not 100% certain ...
This is for like open a 90deg rotating Door. Scroll down to "Rotating & Rising Sectors"
https://wiki.eduke32...t_Rise_and_Fall

If you are looking for permanent, activated rotating sectors, use this
https://wiki.eduke32...b5/Rotatedr.map

If the above is to cryptic, just open the "Bank Roll" map to get a better idea.

p.s. I never played Blood.

This post has been edited by Hank: 20 September 2018 - 05:02 PM

View PostHank, on 20 September 2018 - 04:09 PM, said:

p.s. I never played Blood.

#TRIGGERED

User is offline   Hank 

View PostDecember Man, on 20 September 2018 - 05:19 PM, said:

#TRIGGERED

Shadow Warrior – The [ring] game that rules them all. :rolleyes:

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

View PostHank, on 20 September 2018 - 04:09 PM, said:

If the above is to cryptic, ...

then use the info-suite

http://infosuite.duk...age=ae_rotate_b

Thanks guys.

Sorry for bothering you again, but when I created a rotating door, it looks like this after opening it:

Posted Image

i.e. it disappears half way. From what I understand it's because the floor and the ceiling rotate with the door. However, the tip

Press R on the floor or ceiling if you want them to rotate with the sector.

from http://infosuite.duk...age=ae_rotate_b does not appear to work.

Share this topic:

• 24 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options