Duke4.net Forums: Mapping questions thread - Duke4.net Forums

Hide message Show message
Welcome to the Duke4.net Forums!

Register an account now to get access to all board features. After you've registered and logged in, you'll be able to create topics, post replies, send and receive private messages, disable the viewing of ads and more!

• 14 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mapping questions thread

User is offline   oasiz 

It almost sounds like some sort of high dpi scaling would be on which would mess around with coordinates, like trying to double size mapster or some shit..
A far fetch of course..

User is offline   DotK3D 

Hello,
I wonder what is the purpose of the command 'O' in mapster (ornament sprite onto wall), is it just to reset any rotation on a wall aligned sprite to make it flat on the wall again ? Beside, when I hit 'O' on a sprite not a wall, this one disappear, is the sprite deleted or does it still exist ? I haven't found much information about this command.

Thanks in advance,
DotK3D

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

It's to align sprites to the angle of the wall. Though you should always manually move the sprites away from the walls with the grid lock off in order to avoid the sprite disappearing during gameplay.

It doesn't disappear, it just gets pushed on another wall further away, take a look. It's a bit fiddly but you can get used to it.

Lunick: I can't believe you can pre-order Duke Nukem 3D in 2016

User is offline   DotK3D 

Hello,

I have spotted where the sprite go, I haven't watch correctly :D (And it's hard to spot with the default sprite... :sweat: )

Though you should always manually move the sprites away from the walls with the grid lock off in order to avoid the sprite disappearing during gameplay.

Good to know.

Bye and thanks for your answer,
DotK3D

Share this topic:

• 14 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks are property of their respective owners and all comments are owned by their posters. Yes, our forum uses cookies. © 2004-2017 Duke4.net and Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options