• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Future of 3D Realms - Fan Feedback!

User is offline   Stabs 

deciding how to ruin to blood IP?

User is offline   Kathy 

View PostMr. Tibbs, on 04 March 2014 - 10:19 AM, said:

RPS: Scott’s still working with you, but what about George Broussard?
Nielsen: George is still formally under contract to 3D Realms.

Oh, no...

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

I loved Shadow Warrior 2013 on the first playthrough, but when I tried for a second playthrough not much after, I couldn't even get a third of the way through the game without losing interest. The game just doesn't have much replayability due the repetitiveness of the core gameplay. Even with the supposedly different gameplay from having a more upgraded set of weapons (and the higher difficulty I was playing on), it didn't really make much difference. I wanted to do a more weapons-oriented approach as opposed to the sword, but the weapons just feel so weak! It's like the game is trying to force you to use the sword or something. And I didn't even get to the enemies which take a really long time to kill, which would have been really dull.

So a great fresh experience, but it offers absolutely nothing new after the first playthrough and hence no reason to return to it. A more classic SW style open, maze-like layout would help a lot in this regard IMO.

View PostSlippy_Pig, on 04 March 2014 - 12:37 PM, said:

Surely I am not the first to mention it, but what's up with the Blood II thing going on back there? Doesn't Monolith own the Blood IP?

Warner Bros owns the Blood IP.
And, as has been said before, Devolver Digital attempted to work out a deal with WB to buy the Blood IP. As they wanted to have Flying Wild Hog do a reboot.
But, Devolver stated that WB wanted "way too much" for the IP, and that it simply was not a smart financial move to spend that much on it.

User is offline   Cage 

Just curious, does owning Blood IP give access to it's source code, or not? Source code is a technical thing, not related to IP, right?

Still, a well done, new Blood game could be awesome.

BTW. As for the 3dR related wishes, it would be great to see the old betas of games, if possible.

This post has been edited by Cage: 05 March 2014 - 04:54 AM

User is online   Jblade 

View PostMicky C, on 04 March 2014 - 02:53 PM, said:

I loved Shadow Warrior 2013 on the first playthrough, but when I tried for a second playthrough not much after, I couldn't even get a third of the way through the game without losing interest. The game just doesn't have much replayability due the repetitiveness of the core gameplay. Even with the supposedly different gameplay from having a more upgraded set of weapons (and the higher difficulty I was playing on), it didn't really make much difference. I wanted to do a more weapons-oriented approach as opposed to the sword, but the weapons just feel so weak! It's like the game is trying to force you to use the sword or something. And I didn't even get to the enemies which take a really long time to kill, which would have been really dull.

So a great fresh experience, but it offers absolutely nothing new after the first playthrough and hence no reason to return to it. A more classic SW style open, maze-like layout would help a lot in this regard IMO.

I disagree, I'm playing it on the highest difficulty and I'm having alot of fun replaying it. I can't do it in one sit through, but the gameplay is interesting enough to deserve replays.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Idk the game is pretty combat heavy and the combat can get pretty repetitive at times.

User is online   Jblade 

We'll have to agree to disagree then :blink: I think the enemies all have their niches and weaknesses which encourage you to switch your tactics around. I don't mind combat heavy games if you're powerful and move fast, since it feels less like a slog and requires a bit more skill. That's partially why I think the sword is so strong, to discourage the back peddle and circle strafe technique (not that you can do that in anycase, since enemies are fairly smart and don't just rush at you single file)

I'm hoping they do release the mod tools and we see more content soon.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Yeah, it's definitely less enjoyable on the second playthrough, but I wouldn't say unplayable. It's still a great game for what it is. Considering they're updating the game to 64bit, contemplating release of mod tools, and releasing it on consoles, I think it's safe to say we're getting some DLC in the near future. They'd be stupid not to.

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

View PostCage, on 05 March 2014 - 12:55 AM, said:

Just curious, does owning Blood IP give access to it's source code, or not?

Again. WB owns the IP (ability to create new Blood games), but Atari owns the publishing rights to the existing games (logically the source code as well).

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

I thought Atari went kaput.

They filed for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy, but that doesn't mean they closed up shop.
Ultimately it was a way for the US branch to break away. They are still around... just not in the same form as they used to be.

User is offline   Skulldog 

Get the Blood IP, release the original source code, Make a new Blood game, bring original updated Blood to Steam, and take over the world.

I second buying the Blood IP and re-releasing the original game.

One thing I would love to see in terms of the FPS genre goes. I would love to see an FPS that is designed like the old school games. Please stop with the same old (enter area, kill hordes of enemies, door opens, repeat) I really wanted to like the Shadow Warrior reboot but the shallowness of it really hurt it for me.

Please, just have maps that are diverse, non-linear, where I could explore and find items and have multiple options on taking out enemies, rushing past enemies, etc. Like the oldschool shit. This is what I want. Please, just stop with maps consisting of nothing but square rooms where I face x number of enemies and can move on.

Hell, bring back the claymation/2D sprites.

User is offline   ReaperMan 

I dont want a Blood remake i want Blood 3 and i want Blood 2 to be non-existent.

This post has been edited by ReaperMan: 06 March 2014 - 05:16 PM

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

Getting the blood IP doesn't get you the source code of the game, If I'm not mistaken.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

"Having the source code" isn't really the problem. It's just a manner of someone in the proper authority saying "Yes, we can release this."

View PostReaperMan, on 06 March 2014 - 12:31 PM, said:

I dont want a Blood remake...

Agreed.
Blood is perfect as it is. It doesn't need to be remade. Reboot the series, do it like Flying Wild Hog rebooted Shadow Warrior... but don't try to remake the original.

View PostDavoX, on 06 March 2014 - 04:42 PM, said:

Getting the blood IP doesn't get you the source code of the game, If I'm not mistaken.

View PostJimmy, on 06 March 2014 - 04:59 PM, said:

"Having the source code" isn't really the problem. It's just a manner of someone in the proper authority saying "Yes, we can release this."

Correct.
It's a combination of both. The source code, and the right to release it doesn't come with the IP itself.
And, personally, at this point... I'd rather leave Blood alone.
The only studio I feel could do it justice, can't because of the price.

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

Posted Image

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Well if we're going to post stupid shit;

Posted Image

• Polymancer

For the above mentioned reasons, "The Future of 3D Realms" is unlikely to feature a new Blood game

After reading this whole topic, I came to the conclusion that either Raptor is not an ip Interceptor now has the rights to, or you people were smart enough not to ask Interceptor to ruin that old game by releasing a shitty sequel for it.

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 07 March 2014 - 06:15 PM

User is offline   Lunick 

Didn't Raptor already get a rerelease? http://www.gog.com/g...ws_2010_edition

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

>"improved graphics"
>HQX filters

Posted Image

User is offline   Cage 

View PostJimmy, on 07 March 2014 - 07:37 PM, said:

>HQX filters

Posted Image

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

View PostLunick, on 07 March 2014 - 06:29 PM, said:

Didn't Raptor already get a rerelease? http://www.gog.com/g...ws_2010_edition

Sadly they somehow made it worse than the original DOS release (which, as far as I know, 3D Realms still holds the publishing rights to). 3DR can't release the windows version, or a version on windows apparently.

Two GOG related ideas: A)Put the titles 3DR has already released as freeware up on GOG as bonus games for everyone signing on to the service :blink: Release what is missing of 3DR's back catalog(the part that you have the right to obviously) on GOG.

User is offline   Frederik Schreiber 

• Slipgate Studios

Thank you so much for all the great feedback :blink:
We are already working on a strong strategy for the future of 3D Realms, which both includes old classics brought to new platforms such as Steam and Consoles, as well as brand new IP's.

I would like to hear what other IP's you guys would like to see resurrected.
Besides bringing back 3D Realms with full force, we would also like to bring back life to older IP's, not necessarily related to 3D Realms, which we believe still has a place in todays games industry.

We believe that Flying Wild Hog's Shadow Warrior, and our own Rise of the Triad, are great examples, as well as Devolvers Duke3D Megaton Edition, and SW: Redux.

What childhood heroes would you like to see return?

User is offline   Ronin 

I'm not having a go at you Fresch, but I'd like to see you produce a more solid and polished game before I have faith that you'll do justice to any future reboots or sequels to games I like.

The way you guys approach free dlc and mods is commendable though.

Do Bioware own the rights to MDK? If you could get the rights, that might be a nice one for you guys to try.

This post has been edited by Ronan: 08 March 2014 - 02:07 PM

• Polymancer

Unreal Tournament was the height of deathmatch at one point in time. I don't know how likely it would be for Unreal to give up the rights to it. On the other hand, I don't see them coming out with another title in the series any time soon, especially after the CEO's outspoken views about PC gamers.

MDK was wonderful. I'd love to see a new version of that.

Share this topic:

• 21 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options