• 21 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Future of 3D Realms - Fan Feedback!

User is offline   ---- 

View PostJimmy, on 08 March 2014 - 06:07 PM, said:

A primarily Danish/European studio are the last people who should touch Redneck Rampage though.

You mean, neither the old nor the new Shadow Warrior should have been made by a non Asian studio?

User is offline   Kathy 

View PostDamien_Azreal, on 08 March 2014 - 04:54 PM, said:

With Epic's recent sale of the Gears of War IP to Microsoft, I doubt anyone will be able to afford to buy them anytime soon.

Wouldn't the sale of GoW IP make them less expensive to buy?

View Postfuegerstef, on 09 March 2014 - 01:42 AM, said:

And that's why I don't give rats about the statements of the people behind the games.

Here is a recent quote of him

"“PC is where I’m going to wind up. That’s where the community is. ... "

Its from 2014. http://gamerant.com/...pc-development/ In 2012 he already advised startups to develop for PC because of Sony's and MS's platform practices.

And regarding the above article where he also ditches disc based gaming. I am sure in 2 years he will publish there too.

Part of why I don't like Cliff.
He doesn't stick with anything. He jumps back and forth on where his loyalties will fall, basically on what will get him the most attention.

With Gears of War at it's height, he trashed PC gamers, telling us all we were pirates and that was why Gears 2 wouldn't see a PC release. Only for Gears 2 and 3 to be leaked over a month before release and for the 360 release build to be pirated out.
And, to see BulletStorm's 360 version leaked and pirated long before the PC build was. He loaded the gun with his earlier statement, but handed it to the community for them to shoot him were hit hurt. And they did. Proving how wrong he was.
Now, he's completely flipped and is saying the PC market is where games belong.... but there's still a lot of people who don't trust him.

View PostKathy, on 09 March 2014 - 02:15 AM, said:

Wouldn't the sale of GoW IP make them less expensive to buy?

The sale may have it so Epic have one less IP under their belt, but the sale has given them a lot of financial freedom. Thus granting them the ability to maintain their own independence.

Lots of Pc haters recently seeme to have discovered the light. Ed Boon is also one of them it seems.
The guy lived on twitter out of making fun of pc gamers that requested mk games for pc.
Now he praises his games that they look best on pc...
And Cliff Blezinsky is such a low down hypocrite that would even suck his biggest enemy for more money.
People with zero character such as these, are so low down and sickening that I can feel their miserable character actually infesting the games they worked at, making me hate those games because of them, even when those games might be decent.

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 09 March 2014 - 08:14 AM

User is offline   Alithinos 

You guys reminded me of Crytek.
Remember after they got Crysis out that they said PC was full of pirates and the game would have sold as much as Call of Duty if it was on consoles ?
It was when they were developing Crysis 2 with xbox360 as their base platform. Apparently they wanted to cheer console gamers by degrading PC gamers.
Well the original Crysis sold 3 million copies on PC alone.
Crysis 2 sold 3 million copies on all the 3 platforms,even though Crytek spend much more money on its production than the first game.
Then they realized they looked like stupid and decided to release a patch for the PC version with extra graphics options trying to get PC gamers by their side again,lol.

User is offline   necroslut 

View PostAlithinos, on 09 March 2014 - 08:32 AM, said:

You guys reminded me of Crytek.
Remember after they got Crysis out that they said PC was full of pirates and the game would have sold as much as Call of Duty if it was on consoles ?
It was when they were developing Crysis 2 with xbox360 as their base platform. Apparently they wanted to cheer console gamers by degrading PC gamers.
Well the original Crysis sold 3 million copies on PC alone.
Crysis 2 sold 3 million copies on all the 3 platforms,even though Crytek spend much more money on its production than the first game.
Then they realized they looked like stupid and decided to release a patch for the PC version with extra graphics options trying to get PC gamers by their side again,lol.

And when they were disappointed in the sales of Crysis 2, they came out and stated that campaign games were dead and free2play was the future. I can't wait for what excuse they'll come up with when their big f2p shooter disappoints as well.

This post has been edited by necroslut: 09 March 2014 - 09:24 AM

User is offline   Yause 

View PostMr.Deviance, on 09 March 2014 - 07:50 AM, said:

Lots of Pc haters recently seeme to have discovered the light. Ed Boon is also one of them it seems.
The guy lived on twitter out of making fun of pc gamers that requested mk games for pc.
Now he praises his games that they look best on pc...
And Cliff Blezinsky is such a low down hypocrite that would even suck his biggest enemy for more money.
People with zero character such as these, are so low down and sickening that I can feel their miserable character actually infesting the games they worked at, making me hate those games because of them, even when those games might be decent.

PC is leading the pack in online, service-based gaming, which is why so many developers are eager to switch. PC gaming in its traditional form is unattractive to them, and it remains unattractive. However, modern forms can be more lucrative (and less restrictive in terms of hardware, licensing fees, and platform approval process) than console games, and that's why they want to transform the industry.

Basically, those gushing about PC games have their eyes on "games as a service", as well as "the free-to-play revolution".

This post has been edited by Yause: 09 March 2014 - 10:06 AM

View PostMr.Deviance, on 09 March 2014 - 07:50 AM, said:

I wish Gears 2 would've come to PC. It's such a better game then the first one was in almost every way, pacing, story, characters, locations... it's all a much better experience.
And when Cliff left Epic I was hoping they would start looking in that direction, then... Epic sold the Gears IP to Microsoft... and... who the hell knows what will happen with anything.

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

Yes and no. Gears 1 was a consolized disaster on the PC. The save game bug was just one thing that came to mind. I never actually finished Gears 1 for that reason. I think I'd rather not have it at all than pay 50 - 60 bucks for it and have it unplayable.

The save bug was a "Windows LIVE" issue, not an issue with the game itself.
When Windows LIVE was updated that issue completely went away. And in all honesty, in recent years with LIVE being updated... it hasn't been that bad of a service. I mean I still really dislike it, and I'm happy to see it being removed from more and more games... but, it's miles above and beyond what it used to be.

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

Either way, I couldn't play the game I spent 50 bucks on. This was the same month I bought Resident Evil 4 - with no mouse support.

Yeah, Capcom's early PC releases were awful. The newest release of RE4 is awesome though.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

View Postfuegerstef, on 09 March 2014 - 01:54 AM, said:

You mean, neither the old nor the new Shadow Warrior should have been made by a non Asian studio?

That's not a fair argument because the old Shadow Warrior was a parody of kung fu and John Woo movies through Western eyes. Drew Markham had his thumb directly on the pulse of American redneck culture.

View PostDamien_Azreal, on 09 March 2014 - 10:13 AM, said:

I wish Gears 2 would've come to PC. It's such a better game then the first one was in almost every way, pacing, story, characters, locations... it's all a much better experience.
And when Cliff left Epic I was hoping they would start looking in that direction, then... Epic sold the Gears IP to Microsoft... and... who the hell knows what will happen with anything.

Good Riddance. Gears 2 is the only good game in the franchise and Epic needs to stay way WAYYYY far away from anything like Gears ever again.

This post has been edited by Colon Semicolon: 09 March 2014 - 12:20 PM

View Postnecroslut, on 09 March 2014 - 09:24 AM, said:

And when they were disappointed in the sales of Crysis 2, they came out and stated that campaign games were dead and free2play was the future. I can't wait for what excuse they'll come up with when their big f2p shooter disappoints as well.

My opinion is that since the games they do aren't that good they should stick to what they are,the engine.
They truly have quite a nice engine. If I'm not mistaken it is the only one (or at least it was the first one) that did irradiance volumes lighting,meaning it spreads light naturally upon surfaces,making games made with this engine look good right out of the box,just because of how the lighting works.

Well, the quality of the games isn't really something that can be nailed down as a factual statement.
Personally, I liked Crysis 2 and 3 MUCH more then the first game. The first game was a stunning tech demo... but, a pretty lackluster game. And one that falls apart after a while.
Crysis 2 and 3, much better games. A more stylized visual look...

But, this is pretty far from the topic at hand.

User is offline   Frederik Schreiber 

• Slipgate Studios

A little hint of something we are currently looking into :blink:
Posted Image

User is offline   xMobilemux 

View PostFrederik Schreiber, on 10 March 2014 - 12:56 AM, said:

Posted Image

Make it happen! Make it happen HD!!

Would ask for a Zero Hour port, but would it be possible since Eurocom has gone bankrupt?

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

So what is it?

Posted Image

SO MY REQUEST GOT CONSIDERED? YES! unless this isn't a port...

User is offline   Trebor_UK 

Fresch.

I would love to see a Blood Steam port, similar to Megaton or Redux.
Redneck Rampage...not so much, it was good, but it was a bit too weird for my liking.

Blood though, that's a must, as well as:
Time to Kill
Zero Hour
Land of the Babes

Aside from that, what about looking into SiN?

This post has been edited by Trebor_UK: 10 March 2014 - 02:51 AM

View PostTrebor_UK, on 10 March 2014 - 02:37 AM, said:

Fresch.

I would love to see a Blood Steam port, similar to Megaton or Redux.
Redneck Rampage...not so much, it was good, but it was a bit too weird for my liking.

Blood though, that's a must, as well as:
Time to Kill
Zero Hour
Land of the Babes

Aside from that, what about looking into SiN?

While I would love to see Blood on STEAM, I would prefer it handled by Devolver Digital and General Arcade. As they were the ones who did the Steam ports of DN3D and Shadow Warrior.
But, in the end, that falls down to Warner Bros... and their steep price point for Blood.

SiN is owned by Ritual. And, they've stated in the past that they have no desire to sell the IP.
There's also been a few rumors lately of Ritual possibly looking into continuing SiN.

Posted Image

Tell me you got the source code for Time to Kill. If so, release it under GPL.

User is offline   Trebor_UK 

View PostDamien_Azreal, on 10 March 2014 - 05:51 AM, said:

While I would love to see Blood on STEAM, I would prefer it handled by Devolver Digital and General Arcade. As they were the ones who did the Steam ports of DN3D and Shadow Warrior.
But, in the end, that falls down to Warner Bros... and their steep price point for Blood.

SiN is owned by Ritual. And, they've stated in the past that they have no desire to sell the IP.
There's also been a few rumors lately of Ritual possibly looking into continuing SiN.

Thats what I meant. Get the blood ip, and let license it to Devolver so General Arcade can work their magic.
Also; isnt Ritual long gone? Bankrupt, bought out, etc? Sources on SiN?

When Sin was released on GOG Ritual was listed as both developer and publisher. Later GOG confirmed that it was a new, reformed Ritual. Representatives of the company mentioned on Reddit that they were interested in continuing the franchise.

Posted Image

hope ya bring it to life. and on Steam. same with Duke Nukem 64 & Zero Hour. i know there both possible

View PostxMobilemux, on 10 March 2014 - 01:00 AM, said:

Make it happen! Make it happen HD!!

Would ask for a Zero Hour port, but would it be possible since Eurocom has gone bankrupt?

someone else can take it over, but they could give like a shoutout to them

User is offline   NUKEMDAVE 

I hope you have the models and everything from the intro video. It would be nice to see it redone in higher quality! I'm for HD textures, too. There have been so many ports of Duke games lately and HD textures never happens. I've ripped some of the textures from the game and it's all pretty simple stuff. I doubt it would take much work. Also, the controls definitely need to be improved, too.

Will you bring the ps1 game to PC ?
That'd be nice. :blink:

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

Guys if you want to remake a Duke game or something I suggest using mappers from this forum :blink:

Share this topic:

• 21 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options