Duke4.net Forums: An extended look at Duke Nukem Half-Life (WARNING : IMAGE HEAVY) - Duke4.net Forums

• 8 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

An extended look at Duke Nukem Half-Life (WARNING : IMAGE HEAVY)

User is offline   Hool 

Any plans for interactivity? Vending Machines are already available in Half-Life so they wouldn't be hard to replicate at all.

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

View PostWheatleyNukem, on 29 January 2014 - 11:26 AM, said:

Any plans for interactivity? Vending Machines are already available in Half-Life so they wouldn't be hard to replicate at all.

In point of fact they come as prefabs within Valve Hammer Editor in both functional and non functional states. :(

We'll be getting as much interactivity into the levels as we can.

User is offline   Ronin 

I like how excited you guys seem to be about doing this, that's how you should feel when you're creating something. Keep it up.

User is offline   Bloodshot 

WIP RPG texture

Posted Image

User is offline   ReaperMan 

Why is there a button on the side of the RPG?

User is offline   Ronin 

View PostReaperMan, on 29 January 2014 - 04:07 PM, said:

Homing on/homing off.

• Judge Mental

It's part of the reloading mechanism. The RPG fires off a five round drum magazine. (Max carry of 20 rockets). You can see the RIP rocket pack on the previous page.

View PostRonan, on 29 January 2014 - 04:10 PM, said:

Homing on/homing off.

Nice guess, but that's not quite it. Posted Image

Dukematch Map Roster (W.I.P.).

In progress:
dn_holocaust : Bloodshot's remake of Hollywood Holocaust with some new twists and improvements.

dn_punchout : A boxing arena with a heavy weapon in the middle of the ring, and an explosive booby trap near the entrance. ( May integrate a map-specific folding chair for a melee weapon? ) ( Full name : "Duke's Knockout Dome.")
dn_coldcave : A series of interconnected caverns and caves with teleporters and alien resin to mix things up. I get the feeling this map will work out well with trip mines and pipe bombs! ( Full name : "Cold Cave Hives" )
dn_bombshell : Duke's favorite strip club as the epicenter of a huge battle arena. ( Already under construction as a single player portion of the game. ) ( Full name : "Bombshells - Hot Babes, Could Drinks." )
dn_militent : Part of a military base with lot's of map-based death machines in the lab area. ( Full name : "Military Intent" )

I'd like to get the number up to 8, but these are the focus for now.

This post has been edited by Commando Nukem: 29 January 2014 - 04:56 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Judge Mental

Looking bitching!

We even got the model into the game as stock RPG pick up.

Posted Image

Posted Image

User is offline   ReaperMan 

Looks good.

User is offline   xMobilemux 

Damn this is looking awesome!

• Judge Mental

Posted Image

Hand textures by BloodShot, over Gearbox's mesh for Opposing Force. Very happy with this, it'll mean weapon work should go up much faster.

• Judge Mental

Something of a mile stone. We have gotten the fists into the game. Posted Image

Also, for those of you who don't see the YouTube video description. The sample of music you hear there is from EDKR's latest Duke Nukem remix. If you haven't listened to it, you should, because it's quite awesome. Posted Image

Spoiler

This post has been edited by Commando Nukem: 30 January 2014 - 12:53 AM

The thread is a little too complex for me to follow so I'll just ask this: DNHL is restarting development?

• Judge Mental

In a word. Yes. Posted Image

Last call, it's 6 AM and I need to sleep.

Posted Image

Working on the Duke's Desert Eagle. Right now this is essentially just a simple recolor of the CS 1.6 Deagle. I'm hoping Bloodshot can go over it with his voodoo magic and make it look better. The UV map could definitely use some improvement on this old model.

This post has been edited by Commando Nukem: 30 January 2014 - 06:09 AM

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

View PostCommando Nukem, on 30 January 2014 - 04:15 AM, said:

Right now this is essentially just a simple recolor of the CS 1.6 Deagle.

As soon as I saw the image I was like "Ha, CS Deagle"

Here's the RPG warhead, DNF98 style

Posted Image

Posted Image

Rocket reload/pickup

Posted Image

Posted Image

User is offline   LkMax 

View PostCommando Nukem, on 30 January 2014 - 04:15 AM, said:

Working on the Duke's Desert Eagle. Right now this is essentially just a simple recolor of the CS 1.6 Deagle. I'm hoping Bloodshot can go over it with his voodoo magic and make it look better. The UV map could definitely use some improvement on this old model.

Oh Hell yeah, Golden DE rocks!
Any plans for a real EGO system?

• Judge Mental

View PostLkMax, on 30 January 2014 - 01:52 PM, said:

Oh Hell yeah, Golden DE rocks!
Any plans for a real EGO system?

Depends on what you mean by "real." As of right now, in my head, there won't be able "health packs" as such in the game world. (With the exception of something that will actually be held in the weapon inventory, a portable med kit.) Instead health will be disguised as various items in the environment. From vending machines, to eating Duke Burgers/Chicken/Pizza/Drinking Beer, to looking at girlie and gun magazines, and getting cheers from babes. (This is a trick, covering up the monster_scientists syringe behavior in monster_babe). These sort of things will give you back piece meal health. 5 to 15 or so. So it'll encourage exploration. There may be some health gained from killing monsters. I haven't decided.

Team Updates:
  • Bloodshot has finished his work on the RPG. It's ready, essentially, to be rigged, animated, and put into the game. (Coding excluded, but i'm working on getting into that.). Soon, it'll be awesome to actually shoot at Bloodshot with it in our first test runs.
  • Cage has sent me his first set of textures. If you're familiar with his work you know that he delivers quality stuff. So, they look fantastic and I couldn't be happier with the direction they're going in.
  • Chris and I have been going back and forth on the Duke Nukem Theme. We were having a few teething problems, mostly down to myself not adequately explaining what I wanted musically. He was able to overcome that obstacle and deliver something that is a mixture of orchestral and metal. It sounds really good, and I can't wait for this to be a final piece in the game.
  • I am currently wrapping up the Duke dev wad, working on the first level for the single player campaign, and sorting things for coding. The initial coding efforts are going to be humble, to say the least, but one way or the other, we'll get things done.
  • I have a lady friend who is on board to voice the Duke babes. She'll be a great addition.
  • MusicallyInspired has offered to work on level music, and I have set him on course to do the first boss theme. I'm very excited about this and can't wait to hear what he comes up with.

How close is it to completion? Anything you need help with?

User is offline   xMobilemux 

Go Metal Gear Rising crazy on the boss battle music :(

In terms of story are you going original with your idea of an aging Duke, seen as a has been etc or are you doing something else?

This post has been edited by xMobilemux: 30 January 2014 - 08:55 PM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

a mixture of orchestral and metal

Definitely one of the better ways to go. I'm looking forward to hearing it.

It's early days for them yet. Why don't you list your skils and experience if you're willing to help.

• Judge Mental

View PostPikaCommando, on 30 January 2014 - 08:23 PM, said:

Well, what kind of skills do you have Pika? We're in dire need of C++ coders. Posted Image

View PostMicky C, on 30 January 2014 - 08:52 PM, said:

Definitely one of the better ways to go. I'm looking forward to hearing it.

I can safely say it's better than anything that was present in DNF, and it's right up there along side the original and Manhattan Project versions in terms of power and drive. The orchestral aspects are very true to the tone of the Terminator Theme.

View PostxMobilemux, on 30 January 2014 - 08:34 PM, said:

Go Metal Gear Rising crazy on the boss battle music :(

In terms of story are you going original with your idea of an aging Duke, seen as a has been etc or are you doing something else?

Well i'm looking forward to hearing what MusicallyInspired cooks up for that. My direction to him was something combining orchestral and Metal, something along the lines of "Dawn Patrol" "Symphony of Destruction" with a driving resonance march to it.

Plot wise: Borrowing a few ideas from the 2001 trailer, but we're not doing a remake of DNF 2001. The plot see's Duke fighting against an arm of the alien invasion force from Duke 3D that survived in secret. Basically the "brains" of the operation. They take to infecting the Earth Defense Force, with the help of one "Colonel Lukas Wilhelm." Who has basically set his own division of EDF troops up for infection, and as a result Duke/Graves and the EDF troops still cleaning up after the events of Duke3D are forced to contend with a second wave. I have Chad The Voice Over Guy in mind to do General Graves (He worked on the Duke Movie Mock Up Trailer I did last year), and with luck, i'd love to get JSJ involved to do new material. (That'll either be either a generous donation on his part, or a generous donation on mine to hire his services. Posted Image). Colonel Wilhelm will be another matter.

The "Duke is a has been" story is something I keep pocketed, as I hope one day it'll be made into a film project of some kind. It just works so well for the character.

Posted Image

Bloodshot's beautiful work on the Deagle. Never leaves home with out it.

This post has been edited by Commando Nukem: 30 January 2014 - 11:25 PM

User is offline   Komenja 

I am loving literally everything that has been said and shown in this thread. You guys are awesome!

View PostCommando Nukem, on 30 January 2014 - 09:53 PM, said:

Well, what kind of skills do you have Pika? We're in dire need of C++ coders. Posted Image

Sorry mate, I'm only asking. I have no skills whatsoever lol :(

Winchester 1300 Render (WIP)

Posted Image

Posted Image

2001-esque angle shot

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Bloodshot: 31 January 2014 - 11:57 AM

• Judge Mental

Posted Image

Working on the animation rig for the DEAGLE.

Anybody ask for a shotgun?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View PostBloodshot, on 31 January 2014 - 04:37 PM, said:

Anybody ask for a shotgun?

No Posted Image

But we'll take it anyway! That's damn impressive.

Color tweak

Posted Image

Posted Image

Share this topic:

• 8 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options