• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

[Wip] Duke Nukem: Total Meltdown  "Full mod, not lite version"

User is offline   Mav3r1ck 

Is there a gameplay video that we can see of this mod in action? :blink:

This post has been edited by Mav3r1ck: 15 March 2014 - 08:24 AM

User is online   Jblade 

So what's the word with this? From what I read in this topic it was just about done.

User is offline   NNC 

Yeah, I always come to this forum and secretly await the release of this, but it seems stalled (or announced way to early). :)

User is offline   Lunick 

:)

Posted Image

View PostNancsi, on 05 April 2014 - 04:54 AM, said:

Yeah, I always come to this forum and secretly await the release of this, but it seems stalled (or announced way to early). :)

I do the same thing. I'm soooooo looking forward to this mod! :D

I was hoping for at least a gameplay video though. :)

This post has been edited by Mav3r1ck: 05 April 2014 - 07:06 AM

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

Must
have
all
sounds
properly
ripped

User is offline   Kyanos 

ahhh, the ol' MHASPR hangup

User is online   Jblade 

What sounds? Why is that holding back the map release?

User is offline   NNC 

View PostFox, on 05 April 2014 - 09:54 AM, said:

Must
have
all
sounds
properly
ripped

Just a question:

More sounds (left to be ripped) or more days/months/years (to be waited)?

View PostJames, on 05 April 2014 - 10:18 AM, said:

What sounds? Why is that holding back the map release?

If you ever played the PSX version of Duke Nukem 3D, you'll notice that it has different sounds, especially for the new episode Plug'n Pray, such as new Duke quotes, alien noise and new sounds and so on. The true aim of Duke Nukem Total Meltdown Lite is to bring the fourth episode from the PSX version onto PC and of course it will have some of the features only used on the PSX port along with it.

EDIT: From what I can understand, Fox is having difficulty converting those sounds on the PC and that is halting it's release.

This post has been edited by Mav3r1ck: 05 April 2014 - 03:13 PM

User is online   Jblade 

I know that, I'm just concerned that he wants to try and rip ALL sounds for some bizarre reason because the difference I've heard is not enough to warrant that. The new Duke taunts and monster sounds of course, but nobody cares if the water drip sounds aren't the same as the PSX version.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

I could even understand holding up because of Duke or enemy sounds, but please tell me you were being facetious about water drips... Because I don't know what universe Fox is living in where water drip sounds are more important than the PSX enemy renders.

User is offline   Fox 

By the way, anyone has a PALETTE.DAT with additive color translucency table?

User is offline   Helixhorned 

• EDuke32 Developer

View PostFox, on 06 April 2014 - 03:39 PM, said:

By the way, anyone has a PALETTE.DAT with additive color translucency table?

You can easily generate one yourself with the Lunatic Mapster32 build. Load up test/shadexfog.lua, using e.g.
lua "shadexfog=reload('/path/to/where/your/shadexfog.lua')"

from the OSD (or adding that to your m32_autoexec.cfg).

Then, press [;]+[F] to enter the Lua functions menu and there, look at the entries "Create addtv. trans. tab" and "Save pal+sh+trans DAT f.".

User is offline   Darkus 

I'm curious to know if the movies are converted, and are working, like the intro sequence, or the stats screen sequences (when ending a level, the movie is playing and when it stopped playing, the stats are displayed over it)
Because I tried to convert them long ago, but it did not work...

User is offline   Fox 

Not working. But Plug and Pray is priority.

View PostHelixhorned, on 08 April 2014 - 08:20 AM, said:

You can easily generate one yourself with the Lunatic Mapster32 build. Load up test/shadexfog.lua, using e.g.
lua "shadexfog=reload('/path/to/where/your/shadexfog.lua')"

from the OSD (or adding that to your m32_autoexec.cfg).

Then, press [;]+[F] to enter the Lua functions menu and there, look at the entries "Create addtv. trans. tab" and "Save pal+sh+trans DAT f.".

Thanks, but I couldn't pull it out.
runtime error: [string "shadexfog=reload('shadexfog.lua')"]:1: module 'shadexfog.lua' not found:
	no field package.preload['shadexfog.lua']
(...)
stack traceback:
	[C]: in function 'reload'
	[string "shadexfog=reload('shadexfog.lua')"]:1: in main chunk
Error running the Lua code (error code 4)

This post has been edited by Fox: 09 April 2014 - 02:33 PM

User is offline   Helixhorned 

• EDuke32 Developer

View PostFox, on 09 April 2014 - 01:48 PM, said:

Thanks, but I couldn't pull it out.

You have to point it to the directory shadexfog.lua resides in, of course. It's not built-in, but comes in the test/ directory with the Lunatic synthesis build. Reloading plain "shadexfog.lua" will only work if that file is found on the search path.

EDIT: argh, and it should be only e.g.
lua "reload('test.shadexfog')"
Instead of directory separators, dots should be used, and the ".lua" suffix should be omitted. My bad.

EDIT 2: also, the latest synthesis build has PALETTE.DAT saving broken if a lognumalphatabs of 0 is specified (meaning to not save it). For the while, you can pass it a dummy value such as 1 even if there are no alpha tables. Neither that code nor the engine actually check whether the tables are there...

User is offline   Fox 

View PostHelixhorned, on 08 April 2014 - 08:20 AM, said:

It asks me a series of questions about pal entries that I don't know what the correct answers are.

This post has been edited by Fox: 16 April 2014 - 08:04 PM

that can't be good for the future of the mod

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

View PostNukemRoses, on 20 April 2014 - 04:25 PM, said:

that can't be good for the future of the mod

It's not bad, either, it's irrelevant. I can't see why you would think not knowing how to use some new feature just added to the engine a few weeks ago would somehow impact "the future of the mod" one way or another...

User is offline   Lunick 

Fox's videos are good enough proof that the mod is just fine.

I can just imagine making user maps with these additions!

User is offline   Fox 

I do miss additive translucency.

Hey Fox, can we see gameplays of some of the other levels to? Or are they still a WIP?

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

View PostTerminX, on 20 April 2014 - 05:01 PM, said:

It's not bad, either, it's irrelevant. I can't see why you would think not knowing how to use some new feature just added to the engine a few weeks ago would somehow impact "the future of the mod" one way or another...

Noobies gonna noob.

User is offline   Fox 

View PostMav3r1ck, on 20 April 2014 - 05:53 PM, said:

Hey Fox, can we see gameplays of some of the other levels to? Or are they still a WIP?

Huh, they have been ripped from the CD, so the 46 levels are done.

This post has been edited by Fox: 20 April 2014 - 10:27 PM

Nice!

View PostTerminX, on 20 April 2014 - 05:01 PM, said:

the reason i said that was cause as a fan, waiting to play this TM mod. i'm hoping no problems will happen while making it

User is online   Jblade 

Fox, here's how you use the menu for additive translucency:

1) When it says starting blend number, leave it at 1
2) when it says number of blending tables, this means how many stages of additive translucency you want. 32 is fine
but if you want a smoother fade, pick up a higher number.
3) when it says fullbright textures ok, leave it at 0 and press enter

To test it to see if it worked, set a sprite's .blend number in mapster's 2D mode to one of the blends you assigned and make it translucent. If it worked:

4) Go to the save palette option in the menu
5) pick a filename, rename this to palette.dat when done
6) leave pal number of base shade at 0
7) leave blend number of base translucency at 0, since it hasn't effected anything when I've left it like that
8) when it asks for additional blend numbers, type 1-thenumberoftables you chose earlier (so if you left it at 32, type 1-32)
9) Finally, when it asks for the log number just type in 7

It should save the palette file in the directory the mapster32 is in. Note that this is a really quick and rough guide, the stuff Helix added allows much more control but this works which is the important part.

User is offline   Fox 

For now I don't want more stages, I just want the 33% or 66%. So I should leave it at 2?

Share this topic:

• 29 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options