Duke4.net Forums: The YANG thread - Duke4.net Forums

• 8 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The YANG thread  "Discuss the YANG multiplayer launcher for EDuke32 here"

User is offline   dutchduke 

Hello i am a fan of Duke Nukem sinds i was 9 years old.
And now i have the HRP for eduke3d Atomic and i play it a lot it is becoming my drugs.
I have tryed dukesterx and duke connector to get on multyplayer buth it always goes bad.
Now i have downloaded Yang and it looks mutch better than the others buth the only problem is that i cant connect to the servers becouse my pc is blocking the ports even when i turn off my firewall i get reactions like port is blocked or too many connections from your network?
i really wanna know how to get it right becouse i already dream a few years off playing duke3d in multyplayer with a group.

iff some one can help me i REALY THANK YOU!

This post has been edited by Plagman: 28 May 2009 - 12:38 PM

User is offline   Micki! 

• Candy Consumptionist & Administrator

I'd love to help, but to be honest, i never heard of Yang before untill i read on it recently on Gog.com, i'm surprised noone ever directed it to Duke4.net...

I'm sure someone will soon be able to help you though... In any case, you can also ask the people at the official 3DR forums here: http://forums.3dreal...isplay.php?f=17 -the people there should likely be able to help you with your issue, the community here isn't very big atm, and since we (or at least i don't) know about "Yang" we/i can't help you, just now...

User is offline   Yatta 

• Pizza Lawyer

I've never heard of Yang. I could write a tutorial/feature for it as I've done before. Do you have a link to the official Yang site?

User is offline   dutchduke 

View PostYatta, on Mar 1 2009, 04:10 AM, said:

I've never heard of Yang. I could write a tutorial/feature for it as I've done before. Do you have a link to the official Yang site?

http://ny00123.sitesled.com/files.html

User is offline   NY00123 

Hey,

I've decided to join these forums as a result of the quite possible 3DR forums shut-down.
I guess we may continue YANG discussion here. Not that I've got any updates though ;]

This post has been edited by NY00123: 07 May 2009 - 10:27 AM

User is offline   Mateos 

HRP online makes lags the most part of time. I don't know why, I prefer Dx than Yang : better display of maps, and why not a better speed. But Dx never have people now, like Dukonnector don't have MS, so there is only Yang...

Thanks to Plagman, YANG archives are now temporarily hosted here (as my website is currently down): *Link removed as the website is now back*

It should be noted that I haven't uploaded anything, like the Windows installer and several Linux-specific packages. The Win32 ZIP file as well as the source code are there.

This post has been edited by NY00123: 15 May 2009 - 05:54 AM

User is offline   Postal 

Yeah!!

I have the EXACT same problem as you DutchDuke

Lol i've been a duke fan since i was nine. I reasontly got Duke3D on my PC and i am having the same error as you are.
Its saying my IP is blocked.

What i do on Yang (because i cant play any online) i do bot matches.
They are fun but the bots are hard.

I hope someone comes out with a fix!

I Don't have HRP though..

Yang is the best thing you can use for playing duke online.
Your better to not use HRP online though, unless you don't care about lag?

Plus you need to forward your ports.

The website is now back: *Link removed*

Link to URL removed, as that has not been for a long time :P
Website has got a new home! http://ny.duke4.net/

This post has been edited by NY00123: 23 May 2009 - 10:59 PM

I think I've forgotten something :P

The move of the website to the new address has 'forced' me to update YANG.
So I've decided to release a tiny update, numbered 0.47i. As said in the website, a complex number :P
You can get it from there.

UPDATE: I've just released a tiny update, numbered 0.47j. Again a complex number :blink:
Basically, it's still 0.47i, just numbered differently, network-incompatible with the real 0.47i,
and, hopefully, shows the IP addresses as expected.

This post has been edited by NY00123: 24 May 2009 - 08:08 AM

User is offline   Harlock 

Yang is great! Just one question though: is it possible to start a room without monsters spawning? I wanted to have a dukematch with my friend but whatever setting used the monsters kept on spawning and owning my poor mate who is new to Duke 3D before i could... LOL

Hmm that's something a bit unclear to me, currently.
Technically, when you start Duke without monsters, it passes "/m" to the source port.
I understand it works for many people who play on-line, most of them using xDuke.

I'm not sure what's the case with EDuke32. I recall it does support command line arguments
in '/' form (/m) and not just '-' (-m), right? At least it'd be more compatible with old scripts.

Oh and it may not be consistent. There may be cases where EDuke32 does launch without monsters.
So I'm currently not sure what's wrong (I did actually try to basically check this a long time ago, back in February).

Maybe I don't use the order of command line arguments the way it should be?
I do add the GRPs and ZIPs to the end of the list.

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

I usually find it's the other way around, when starting a map when you want monsters (co-op) they won't be there and you have to restart the map in game with the options you want.

NY00123, you could check out the issue with TX, i think he's the guy behind Eduke32. It would be awesome if you could get this sorted out and would make Yang my one and only Duke matchmaking tool. I think it's a really fantastic little tool.

EDIT: another question: is it possible to use maps from the addons like Nuclear Winter or Duke Caribbean: Life's A Beach or Duke it out in DC? That would be top of the pops ; )

This post has been edited by Harlock: 28 May 2009 - 05:34 AM

Well, basically, you may configure a directory for MOD files (it can just be the EDuke32 dir if you want).
And then select CON/GRP/ZIP/DEF files to be used.
If you don't like it and prefer to use a separated game dir for the MOD files,
for now the way to do it with YANG is to manually specify the -game_dir argument, where you can add extra arguments.
This is done in the usual "Single Player" and "Create a room" dialogs.

User is offline   DerickVonD 

Okay, I have Yang and was able to play Duke on LAN at my friend's I haven't been able to test it on a Non-Lan server yet, but I wanted to know how to set it up so we could play Duke Plus multiplayer. I have the latest eduke32 and high res pack. The High res pack came with Duke Plus and Duke Plus runs off its own folder...I think anyway thats how the res pack installed it. I run DukePlus using a .bat file that the high res pack put in the duke folder. So, what is the easiest way to get Duke Plus to work multiplayer using yang? Do I need to put the Duke Plus files in my main Duke folder and do I need to type in extra args in yang?

That's true, i can put the filename of a "mod" like Nuclear Winter in the appropriate field, but i can only choose maps from the original Duke Nukem 3D game. If i play the addon Nuclear Winter it should be possible to choose the maps from this addon.

Oh, I see you mean a MAP from a MODs dir, or some GRP/ZIP file of the MOD.
Well, for now it may complicate things to just add that to YANG itself as an additional feature.
So the way you can do it right now is basically this:

In one of the dialogs (Single Player or room creation), you may add command line arguments.
To launch the game loading map file somemap.map, add: -map somemap.map

User is offline   Mateos 

Was more simple in Dukonnector.... The YANG TC system is like DukesterX for me, really hard...

Duko just set a menu like for maps for TC files, you haven't to set the name or sm more. I hope I'm understandable ^^"

Don't get me wrong NY00123, i really appreciate the fact that you help the community with YANG for free and i really love this app, but i also think it would be great if you could implement that. As it is now, starting maps with command line arguments is pretty awkward, as i must admit i don't remember all their names by heart so one always has to go into the game first, get the name of the map and then enter it in YANG. If it would be possible to implement at least the maps of the official addons Nuclear Winter, Duke it out in DC and Duke Caribbean, that would be a definite plus.

Hmm Mateos,

I've thought the YANG TC support is directly based on Dukonnector's one.
You have a configured MOD dir for each game (DN3D and SW), can select files, and then
they're temporarily copied to the source port folder (there are exceptions; e.g. when the source port folder is the MODs folder).

Regarding the maps - Yes YANG natively supports "plain" maps, as explained to Harlock.
Not that it isn't possible to tell the Duke source port to load a MOD user map on start up.

User is offline   Mateos 

View PostNY00123, on Jun 3 2009, 04:29 PM, said:

Hmm Mateos,

I've thought the YANG TC support is directly based on Dukonnector's one.
You have a configured MOD dir for each game (DN3D and SW), can select files, and then
they're temporarily copied to the source port folder (there are exceptions; e.g. when the source port folder is the MODs folder).

Regarding the maps - Yes YANG natively supports "plain" maps, as explained to Harlock.
Not that it isn't possible to tell the Duke source port to load a MOD user map on start up.

(Start YANG, host a game...) ^^" You're true, you need to select Episode to take TCs, and E1L1, why not a third bouton to tick for TC's ? ^^

And I got Duke3D_w32 in red, but I got it and configured it in YANG... Latest version, so why it's in red ?

Ah, and about maps : I prefer Dx showing because YANG take first the maps with AAAA (Don't know word in english), and show after aaaa : Dx show them in alphabetic order.

This post has been edited by Mateos: 04 June 2009 - 06:48 AM

Duke3d_w32 in red? You mean, is your room marked in red when advertised? Then it isn't related to the source port.
Be sure to update YANG itself to the latest available version. Also, you may confuse between Duke3d_w32 and xDuke.

To the other topic - I've seen FTP file lists where it goes like "AAA" and then "aaa". Or upper case before lower case.
So I've thought it may be ok for users. Looks like it isn't...

User is offline   Mateos 

I mean I have all servers in green but not the Rancidmeat servers (Duke3D_w32 is Rancidmeat for me).

And about the name of maps, it's my viewpoint, don't take it as general :)

I've just tested and it's black on normal theme, green on dark theme.

Maybe I should check we're talking about the same topic - Is a room in the rooms list marked in red (incompatible YANG version) or not?

User is offline   Mateos 

Yes. Connection error on them.

Well, the best I can tell is to check you've got version 0.47j (not i). This may confuse users.
And I assume you downloaded Rancidmeat's Duke3d_w32 port and not setting up "xDuke" as Duke3d_w32?

User is offline   MasternX 

EDIT: figured it out! FUCK YEAAAAAA! DUKE ONLINE IS BACK IN ACTION!

This post has been edited by MasternX: 04 June 2009 - 12:03 PM

User is offline   Mateos 

View PostNY00123, on Jun 4 2009, 07:59 PM, said:

Well, the best I can tell is to check you've got version 0.47j (not i). This may confuse users.
And I assume you downloaded Rancidmeat's Duke3d_w32 port and not setting up "xDuke" as Duke3d_w32?

I'm not a newbie, I know how configure a Duke launcher :), and yes I got j and it's Rancidmeat configured as Duke3d_w32, but there isn't many servers with Rancidmeat, more with xDuke, so it's not unliveable ^^, thanks for your help.

Share this topic:

• 8 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options