Duke4.net Forums: The YANG thread - Duke4.net Forums

• 8 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The YANG thread  "Discuss the YANG multiplayer launcher for EDuke32 here"

User is offline   NY00123 

I'd just inform now that YANG v0.47j (which is not a new version for now) has been re-compiled and re-packaged.
See the news in my website for the few details: http://ny.duke4.net/

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostNY00123, on Jun 19 2009, 12:54 PM, said:

I'd just inform now that YANG v0.47j (which is not a new version for now) has been re-compiled and re-packaged.
See the news in my website for the few details: http://ny.duke4.net/

Thanks for the update....er...nonupdate? WG and I use YANG regularly to test WGR2 online.

This post has been edited by DeeperThought: 19 June 2009 - 12:07 PM

Um, yes I don't really consider it an update as I've said. Even though there may be tiny technical changes (as told in the website).
Maybe when I get more time I'd join WGR2 rooms ;) (hah)

The server is down, is this temporary?

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

View PostWilliam Gee, on Jun 22 2009, 11:35 AM, said:

The server is down, is this temporary?

Changing OS if I remember correctly.

Not only that. In fact, Replica has begun hosting another server list. So if one is down, there's still one up.
What if both are down? Chances are much lower ;)

Anyway, this has yielded in another 'forced' released of YANG, as version 0.47k, network incompatible with 0.47j.
See website for the quite few details: http://ny.duke4.net/

User is offline   Mateos 

View PostNY00123, on Jun 22 2009, 11:57 PM, said:

Not only that. In fact, Replica has begun hosting another server list. So if one is down, there's still one up.
What if both are down? Chances are much lower ;)

Anyway, this has yielded in another 'forced' released of YANG, as version 0.47k, network incompatible with 0.47j.
See website for the quite few details: http://ny.duke4.net/

If I remember well, you said you take inspiration of Dukonnector. In Duko, you got tyhe possibility to "Don't connect to MS". You host, communicate the IP to yours friends, and they can come play on Duke without a MS. Why not include this in YANG ?

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

View PostMateos, on Jun 23 2009, 06:27 PM, said:

If I remember well, you said you take inspiration of Dukonnector. In Duko, you got tyhe possibility to "Don't connect to MS". You host, communicate the IP to yours friends, and they can come play on Duke without a MS. Why not include this in YANG ?

What the hell man, Manual joining as been in YANG since day one.

To all clients who've got v0.47k yet have got false update notifications:
Sorry, looks like I've forgotten to update the latest version to be reported from a file on the website...
Now it shouldn't happen. For users of v0.47j it should also report there's a newer version (0.47k in that case).

User is offline   Mateos 

View PostThe Commander, on Jun 23 2009, 09:13 AM, said:

What the hell man, Manual joining as been in YANG since day one.

(Open YANG, take a look in menu, see "Manual Join") ^^", sorry again...

Is it still in the menu? This was the case with versions of YANG older than v0.45.
With the current version it should appear right below the list of rooms.

This post has been edited by NY00123: 23 June 2009 - 01:43 AM

User is offline   Mateos 

Don't worry, it appears ;)

Another quite tiny update, version 0.48, has been released: http://ny.duke4.net/
Please read the few details in the news.

User is offline   Mateos 

JFDuke dropped for Duke3dw, why not support these 2 ?

JFDuke3D is quite outdated, while Duke3dw is at least maintained in this time. That's why I've removed support for JFDuke3D.
On the other hand, I've left Rancidmeat's Duke3d_w32 port to be supported.
This is due to the fact that apparently, Duke3d_w32 v20.3 was released a bit after the latest available version of xDuke, which is 19.7.1.
A few more source ports I haven't removed where it may be questionable why I haven't:
* JFShadowWarrior. Yes there's SWP, but JFSW can be run as a native Linux application.
Then why have I removed JFDuke3D, as it runs on Linux as well? Because we've got EDuke32 which is based on it.
* icculus.org/duke3d. The only port which may work on Mac OS X (at least PowerPC), apart from EDuke32 (which may work better on Intel). Although, I might be wrong, but in the case of icculus' port, it looks like x86 (PC only?) players can't play with PowerPC players.

This post has been edited by NY00123: 29 June 2009 - 12:31 AM

View PostHarlock, on May 27 2009, 01:56 PM, said:

Yang is great! Just one question though: is it possible to start a room without monsters spawning? I wanted to have a dukematch with my friend but whatever setting used the monsters kept on spawning and owning my poor mate who is new to Duke 3D before i could... LOL

View PostNY00123, on May 27 2009, 11:10 PM, said:

Hmm that's something a bit unclear to me, currently.
Technically, when you start Duke without monsters, it passes "/m" to the source port.

Looks like I misunderstood something. You actually say that you want monsters, but not re-spawning like in "Damn I'm Good" skill?
That's where the "Spawn" selection in YANG is useful, in multi-player of course.
In the case of single-player games, it isn't available. Enemies are re-spawned in single player mode when "Damn I'm Good" skill is chosen, though (but not in multi-player unless specified to be re-spawned).

User is offline   Harlock 

No, you understood right at first. I want to play duke 3d with a friend in deathmatch mode, but without any monsters spawning. Just me and him. The problem is that whatever setting i use the monsters keep spawning.

According to something I've heard in an IRC channel,
the opposite case (you want monsters but get no monsters) may actually be a problem in EDuke32.
I guess these issues occur with specific combinations of settings (like user map, spawn, game type...).

What I can think of doing for now is to try another source port.
Duke3dw is the one mostly similar to EDuke32, probably (both are based off JFDuke3D).

UPDATE: I've forgotten to tell. There has been some bug regarding the saving of Duke3dw-related paths.
Fixed now and thus released YANG v0.48a.

This post has been edited by NY00123: 03 July 2009 - 04:46 AM

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

You should put a link to your YANG site in your signature, I am hunting for the link right now.

User is offline   MetHy 

View PostNY00123, on Jul 2 2009, 02:32 PM, said:

the opposite case (you want monsters but get no monsters) may actually be a problem in EDuke32.
I guess these issues occur with specific combinations of settings (like user map, spawn, game type...).

It happens all the time with eduke32. The settings that you give in YANG (or at least some of them) won't affect the game. However it can be fixed by simply relaunching the map ingame (and choosing the right settings at that point).

User is offline   Harlock 

OK! Now that was a bit of a misunderstanding from my side ;)
I found out how it works! You have to define this setting in the skill tab! To play without monsters the skill has to be "without monsters" then you won't have any spawning ingame. It's a bit confusing but now it works perfectly in YANG with Eduke32 as well as with xDuke. Someone should write a YANG tutorial...

User is offline   Mateos 

... Or search in options all the possibilities...

Will YANG support Blood and DOSBox ? aaBlueDragon had modify DOSBox 0.72 because original one was problematic to use with Duko, I think it's hard to make DOSBox working with an other launcher, but it's possible no ?

Oh, I see it isn't well clear that "No monsters" is considered to be a "skill" (or rather, none of the actual skills; still a different entry).

To Mateos, I've actually thought about adding support for Blood.
Regarding DOSBox in general, YANG already supports the DOS versions of DN3D and SW, just like in aaBlueDragon's Dukonnector.
The way DOSBox is used/launched may differ a bit from Duko's implementation, as I may know a few more technical things regarding the launch of DOSBox.

And DeeperThought, you're right regarding the signature. I've considered this but haven't done that for some reason lol...
Here, I've just done this now. Apart from that, while you're using YANG, in the "Help" menu there's a button to enter the website.

This post has been edited by NY00123: 05 July 2009 - 11:54 PM

ok, I know it has been quite a long time. But I've finally released a somewhat bigger-than-usual update to YANG.
Please read the news. Link is in my signature.

Note that before asking *any* question, I want you to read the YANG FAQ.
It's available from the same place where you can download YANG.

This post has been edited by NY00123: 27 July 2009 - 01:55 PM

View PostNY00123, on Jul 27 2009, 02:55 PM, said:

ok, I know it has been quite a long time. But I've finally released a somewhat bigger-than-usual update to YANG.
Please read the news. Link is in my signature.

Note that before asking *any* question, I want you to read the YANG FAQ.
It's available from the same place where you can download YANG.

Awesome changes but I get this error, and it still tells me there is a new version out even though I have the latest.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: 1.jpg

View PostWilliam Gee, on Jul 28 2009, 01:08 AM, said:

Awesome changes but I get this error, and it still tells me there is a new version out even though I have the latest.

Whoops... rushed releases can be bad :blink:
Anyway, re-uploaded the Windows installer. Should have what has been missing before.
Note that the browser may rather choose an old cached version of the file.
The updated file size (of the Windows installer) is 1,712,470 bytes. Please ensure this is the size of the file you've got.

Regarding the update notifier - hmm it doesn't notify me when I'm using v0.53, and it did with 0.48a.

This post has been edited by NY00123: 28 July 2009 - 12:06 AM

I thought it would be good to add something about this on MODDB, so I posted news about it.
http://www.moddb.com...s/duke-nukem-3d

If you want anything changed or added let me know. :blink:

User is offline   Skulldog 

53 beta is a no go. After everybody connected, and the host launches game in vista. Yang.exe not responding. It only
craps out on host. Tried it both ways on 2 pc's.

Hey Skulldog, I think I've figured out by accident what's the reason for the crash or hang.
Does that occur only when the room is *not* advertised?

This post has been edited by NY00123: 30 July 2009 - 12:01 AM

Version 0.54 has been released.

Share this topic:

• 8 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options