Duke4.net Forums: [RELEASE] Duke Nukem 64 Mod - Duke4.net Forums

Hide message Show message
Welcome to the Duke4.net Forums!

Register an account now to get access to all board features. After you've registered and logged in, you'll be able to create topics, post replies, send and receive private messages, disable the viewing of ads and more!

• 13 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[RELEASE] Duke Nukem 64 Mod

User is online   KillerBudgie 

I can. What you've described happened to me as well.

The Duke will kill you. The Budgies will eat you! And the Cats finish what the Budgies don't do!

- It's always a good day, to bet on EDuke32!

User is online   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

OK, I guess this means testing old EDuke32 snapshots to find out which of them broke this...

It seems Eduke32 builds 6526 and higher seem to break it.

The Duke will kill you. The Budgies will eat you! And the Cats finish what the Budgies don't do!

User is online   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

Great! So it was introduced quite recently. Hopefully the coding guys can take a look.

User is offline   Malgon 

I played this for the first time over a few sessions in the past week and I have to say it's been pretty fun. It's quite neat to see all the changes that were made to the levels due to censorship reasons, and it was fresh to explore some new areas. I quite liked some of the additional areas, with Movie Set being a good one, as it was more fleshed out on the whole, and someone mentioned earlier about preferring this version of Rabid Transit over the original, which I would have to agree with. It may not have been as complex in regards to the way the train operated, but the expansion to the level helped to make it more interesting to go through. The only change that really threw me was trying to get the yellow key card on Flood Zone, where I had to resort to a walkthrough. The flow of the levels had a few little surprises.

Some of the weapon changes were quite cool too, as the the feel and usage was different, although it did take a bit of getting used to after so many years of the originals. I could be imagining it, but the pistol seemed like it had a bit more damage to it, which made it feel more satisfying to use, although the screen shake could have contributed to the weapon seeming to have more kick. I actually quite enjoyed the use of alternate dumdum rounds for it, same with the explosive shells for shotgun which was quite handy in many spots. The loss of the Devastator was a bit sad though. The grenade launcher took a bit to really get the feel of using it in the right situations, but once I did there were plenty of good spots where it really came to the fore.

Overall it was cool to see how it differed to the original, and overall I have to say I quite liked it. It had a different flavour and it was refreshing to play through and see all the familiar parts mixed in with something new. Thanks to all involved in putting this together!

Most anticipated games: Ion Maiden, Cyberpunk 2077, Doom Eternal, Beyond Good and Evil 2

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

Index: source/duke3d/src/actors.cpp
===================================================================
--- source/duke3d/src/actors.cpp    (revision 6525)
+++ source/duke3d/src/actors.cpp    (revision 6527)
@@ -8225,7 +8225,7 @@
 #endif
 }

-static void G_DoEventGame(int nEventID)
+static void G_DoEventGame(int const nEventID)
 {
     if (VM_HaveEvent(nEventID))
     {
@@ -8254,6 +8254,18 @@
         }
         while (statNum < MAXSTATUS);
     }
+
+    int spriteNum = headspritestat[0];
+
+    while (spriteNum >= 0)
+    {
+        int const nextSprite = nextspritestat[spriteNum];
+
+        if (sprite[spriteNum].xrepeat == 0)
+            A_DeleteSprite(spriteNum);
+
+        spriteNum = nextSprite;
+    }
 }

void G_MoveWorld(void)

Can anyone share a screenshot of the F8 properties of the SE at the bottom of the vent in Duke 64 mod level 1?

User is offline   Forge 

v 0.93
i nudged the other two sprites out of the way to get a proper lock on the se

Attached Image: Untitled.jpg

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View PostKillerBudgie, on 04 March 2018 - 05:19 AM, said:

It seems Eduke32 builds 6526 and higher seem to break it.

Fixed in r6892.

Confirmed. Just played through the first part of Duke64's E1L1 and you no longer hit a solid floor at the end of the vent. Nice job.

User is offline   Sixty Four 

• Turok Nukem

I had a thought the other day and it just really hit home for me. What if you made it so there was an eduke32 tool that could inject maps into the DN64 rom and then you could play user maps on the N64 via Everdrive or 64Drive. I don't know if you know but the N64 modding community is very large and I think doing this would open a door to another world for Duke and this mod. It at least would have some folks talking about this ability and I would definitely make maps to inject myself. Even some of the user maps for DN3D with slight changes as long as they met the wall limit could be played on N64 this way I believe. I don't see any downfall to attempting this it only opens new doors. I know about some issues after speaking with Hendricks but I wanted to put this on here maybe one day someone would try it. It would be nothing short of amazing.

Dinosaur Hunter

Turok Forums

Share this topic:

• 13 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks are property of their respective owners. Instead of reading this text, you could be playing Ion Maiden! ;) © 2018 Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options