Duke4.net Forums: EDuke32-OldMP - Duke4.net Forums

• 11 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

EDuke32-OldMP

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

EDuke32 Multiplayer =

Posted Image

This post has been edited by The Angry Kiwi: 28 August 2014 - 12:04 PM

User is offline   DarkDuke 

Well, I wouldn't say i'm feeling ignored by the EDuke32 developers. I understand that stuff like this can take a while. Netcode is no joke.

Okay, I see that using Hamachi, it works.

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

If it works in Hamachi then it's an issue with your ports/firewall.

*sigh* Must be a problem with the ISP, more likely, then. I KNOW I forwarded the correct ports.

User is offline   Mateos 

I know a friend has an interface with his router, and that the port forwarding is only applied to the interface and not forwarded to his router, you should ask your friend(s) to try to ping you to check if you're online.

User is offline   JoJo the Idiot Circus Boy 

• Steven Shitlord

I have played old eduke have to say it runs really good, the only two issues that me and rose found is the instant death kill and ammo not respawning, we had no sync problems so far just a few deaths that we didn't deserve, we did have alittle lag but not bad lasted like 5 secs, I do have to say it runs better then megaton alittle bit.

View PostThe Elite Duke Force, on 19 September 2014 - 09:02 AM, said:

I have played old eduke have to say it runs really good, the only two issues that me and rose found is the instant death kill and ammo not respawning, we had no sync problems so far just a few deaths that we didn't deserve, we did have alittle lag but not bad lasted like 5 secs, I do have to say it runs better then megaton alittle bit.

here's a playthrough we did of NW with the fixed maps

User is offline   JoJo the Idiot Circus Boy 

• Steven Shitlord

Thanks Rose

User is offline   hgaiser 

Hi :)

I guess the multiplayer part in EDuke32 is still WIP? Too bad, it is looking really nice so far. I tried it out but I also get the "stuck in position" bug.

My real question is related to this thread a lot, so I decided to ask it here rather than open a new thread. I am perfectly happy using a third party application for setting up the multiplayer part for EDuke32 and use this OldMP 'tag', however I would like to do this on an ARM device (Odroid U3 to be precise). I have EDuke32 working on it, and it is working great (so it would've been extra sweet if eduke32's multiplayer was working as well), but I couldn't find any opensource multiplayer application (or an application compiled for my device, but what are the odds...). Does anyone have some tips I can try? I basically just want to play duke nukem 3d in multiplayer on these devices, doesn't really matter how.. :)

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

You'll probably want to wait for the rest of the ARM optimizations I'm working on to be finished for something like that. Multiplayer will definitely be worked on after our upcoming commercial Android release!

User is offline   hgaiser 

View PostTerminX, on 22 October 2014 - 04:03 PM, said:

You'll probably want to wait for the rest of the ARM optimizations I'm working on to be finished for something like that. Multiplayer will definitely be worked on after our upcoming commercial Android release!

Aha I see, thank you for the response! By the way, I got it working on ARM now using glshim, it is working perfectly. I can't wait for the multiplayer :)

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

After a long break from Dook, I've been able to play again now that the semester is over, and I just realized how rough EDuke32-OldMP is on Windows 8. My frame rate in XDuke averages 100 fps, while OldMP is barely clearing 30 fps. Is there a solution to this, or is it an inevitable downside to OldMP?

User is offline   Juras 

hypothetical lets assume eduke client/server netcode is done then what launcher it will be supporting or it will be running on something new?

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

View PostJuras, on 31 December 2014 - 05:09 AM, said:

hypothetical lets assume eduke client/server netcode is done then what launcher it will be supporting or it will be running on something new?

Probably something like Doomseeker.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

I'd be glad to join the YANG team.

User is offline   Juras 

View PostHendricks266, on 31 December 2014 - 07:03 AM, said:

I'd be glad to join the YANG team.

Pity that NY000123 has letf the team and now its only on Replica's hands.

User is offline   Nudek 

Removed as courtesy to other forum members to keep on topic.

This post has been edited by Nudek: 11 January 2015 - 12:34 PM

User is offline   Juras 

Nudek, I dont think you have authority and any knowledge to say who belongs to Yang Team but nice trolling.

User is offline   Nudek 

This post has been edited by Nudek: 11 January 2015 - 12:41 PM

User is offline   Replica 

View PostNudek, on 06 January 2015 - 01:30 PM, said:

Don't accuse me of trolling unfounded please.

Zillas makes no secret he has joined Yang team.

There is no such YANG team that I am aware of, but it is an unofficial setup program from a Duke Nukem 3D fan’s Facebook page that he created with YANG files inside it, also including a GRP file which they host, which is not related to YANG or me in anyway, as it's simply not hosted on my servers, but their own.

While it's legal to have YANG inside an archive or installation setup program, the full version GRP file is not really my problem as it’s not me that put it there or hosts it.

It’s just like those torrents with YANG inside it with a GRP file, out of my control.

But I can see Nudek you continue to try stir up problems for me and some others in the Duke community with your terrible lies and accusations, after you got a ban, you have been aggressive ever since, with some self centered goal to de-populate YANG and even Meltdown except your own DM launcher, using the old YANG source code, which when began as the first advertisement of it, it even had a malicious setup program that deleted any file called "meltdown*.*" and possibly source files to remove the Meltdown launcher so that people were unable to use it from what I have seen in the past when I went to your own website to download it, you purposely removed the Meltdown launcher in a reckless way, on peoples computers that could of caused them to have data loss, and it’s a breach of the data protection act, especially doing it intentionally!

Then you later began in removing the malicious code with the latest DM stuff after people found out.

Plus in the past I caught you after being banned, just going inside people’s rooms on YANG and misleading them, redirecting them to your own DM launcher’s website.
With the continued other things you proceed to do.

You can't just let it rest. You have a grudge against people, and won't stop till you are satisfied.

I will never have any respect for people like you in the community.

User is offline   Nudek 

This post has been edited by Nudek: 11 January 2015 - 12:34 PM

User is offline   Replica 

View PostNudek, on 09 January 2015 - 03:45 PM, said:

I understand you are a member of the Yang Facebook group that illegally hosts the full GRP file. Not everyone thinks this is ok.

I never joined this group, there is a glitch on Facebook that makes people join their group automatically.
I still havn't decided if I want to remove myself from that group.

I have never created an installer with malicious code. As you say, what others do is out of my control. You have made enemies of others with your bans. So again please no unfounded accusations or slanderous Youtube videos. There were malicious programs created for distributed denial of service attacks however you avoid talking about that.

Then you really messed up, because this malicious installer was hosted on your own website!
However it's fine that you now have removed it.

And about the DDos stuff that I once posted then removed, that still doesn't give you the right to steal it, a webpage from one of my websites, to put on your own about those DDos attacks without permission, that was an email written by NY00 to the xDuke dev.
Sometimes it's better that people don't read about DDos attacks, and who did it, and no I don't hide such things, if people asked me directly.

I am responsible for bans, so of course I will have people that don't like me, that's the way it is when running a game server, at least those people can always go to DM, the ones that really act out of place, spam, flaming, abuse, threats etc.
NY00 was nice enough to code a better banning system later, but never mentioned it.

Regarding the ban you put on me... well it was completely inappropriate. You were looking for a scapegoat for you problems which was a terrible thing to do to someone. Ironically you had discussed with me at length the problems about other people and even shared with me 'evidence'. It was unjust and you never were man enough to admit this and never made good, and kept treating me poorly. So of course you were not going to receive a favourable response.

Yes I banned you, but most other players wouldn't of acted the way you did after that.

You took a ban to seriously, and that's why you never were unbanned, cause of the things you did after that were actually more inappropriate than just a ban. you never asked to be unbanned or sorted it out with me, you chose to ignore.
There also was only 3 people banned, they were constantly attracting trouble in the community, politics etc, and very rude blogs, that I also managed to take one down filing a complaint with their provider.

And I have seen you do terrible things too, cause the IP matched your Dukematcher websites hostname. And you once told me, you run your website hosting it at home.
You basically sat inside YANG, misleading players to your own Dukematcher, telling them bad things, not actually playing any games.

So just what kind of person does that?
You could of just discussed it more with me instead of ignoring me, and got unbanned, but nope you made it far worse and took it to a totally different level of some sort of revenge tactic with the exact same players that got banned, you used them to cause further problems for me and so on.

You just pretend to be a Mr Nice guy in public, but in reality your not.
Because I have seen what you do behind the scenes as do some other people that play Duke.

This post has been edited by Replica: 09 January 2015 - 09:33 PM

User is offline   Nudek 

Ok no problem.

User is offline   Juras 

So like TX said eduke new netcode will be running on probably something like doomseeker, the question is do we still need 3 more duke net launchers plus version on steam(all p2p) or lets finally gather all players in one place ? Of course first it's need to be done.

This post has been edited by Juras: 11 January 2015 - 01:31 PM

User is offline   Nudek 

This post has been edited by Nudek: 11 January 2015 - 12:33 PM

User is offline   Adamputee 

Stop going off topic - please just exchange email addresses and take the relationship elsewhere ;-)

When an eduke multiplayer finally gets released, I'm totally going to be playing it a lot!

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

When eduke multiplayer is released, it'll surely get its own thread, so you don't have to look to this one in case that's what you were implying.

User is offline   Juras 

View PostAdamputee, on 11 January 2015 - 03:43 AM, said:

Stop going off topic - please just exchange email addresses and take the relationship elsewhere ;-)

When an eduke multiplayer finally gets released, I'm totally going to be playing it a lot!

I could hosting a dedicated server somewhere in Europe if this would be possible.

User is offline   Nudek 

View PostAdamputee, on 11 January 2015 - 03:43 AM, said:

Agreed, email addresses have already been exchanged and I've removed my posts. ^provocative = like your sig Juras. Let's let this rest now.

eduke multiplayer dedicated would be great, for now there is the oldmp which seems to work. What happened to Duke Reloaded...?

I would also be happy to host a dedicated server.

This post has been edited by Nudek: 11 January 2015 - 01:32 PM

Share this topic:

• 11 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options