• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

RELEASE: DUKE NUKEM FOREVER 2013  "it wasn´t a hoax."

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View PostGambini, on 19 March 2018 - 05:17 PM, said:

Linux users could compile this snapshot http://dukeworld.duk.../20130331-3634/ Not sure if that works for macs too.

From what I can tell, eduke32 Mac support for mods is pretty finicky. I had to ask Rhonie to make a launcher for the AMC TC, and even that only works if the files are placed in a specific folder.

IMO it would be nice if the eduke devs put some time into making launching mods on Mac more streamlined, but of course they understandably have other priorities at the moment.

User is offline   The Nate 

View Postenderandrew, on 19 March 2018 - 07:04 AM, said:

There was also a movie poster in the center of the screen the whole time. I started a new game, and the movie poster stayed in the center of the screen obstructing my view, making it basically unplayable.

If you don't want to see the movie poster, then disable Polymer.

EDIT: Looks like I got

NINJA'D.

This post has been edited by Sgt Nate V: 20 March 2018 - 05:56 AM

Just wanted to say I played this mod for the first time in 2 years, And i just got to say that every time I play this its like I am playing it for the first time again. Thank you guys for bringing back some good memories. Cant want to see more :)

Love- Duke a Number 1

User is offline   Jim 

I am currently playing born to be wild, yet often I can't get enough acceleration to make it over the ramps, can anyone help? Thanks!

User is offline   Gambini 

It should be fairly easy to jump if you gain speed before taking the curve or go to the Lance Murdock's starting platform and go straight ahead to the ramp.

Are you using all original files for playing it. Right?

User is offline   Jim 

Yes, I using original files.

The issue is that while you can gain enough speed if you avoided everything, but if you hit something you are screwed, as there is no way to gain the the acceleration back after you slowed down?

User is online   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

It's incredibly hard, but possible to make the jumps after having completely stopped. However, it's a lot easier to do in a continuous run - which is next to impossible, though. For me it was already hard to regularly quicksave during this sequence since you could die just the next second without being able to avoid it after you found out.

It's one of the reasons why I think these kinda levels are bad concerning gameplay.

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

I'm tempted to post a slightly modified copy of EBIKE.CON that would allow you to increase the bike's acceleration using console commands.

User is offline   NNC 

If you screw your game it means you need to restart. It's not a long level, you can always restart the ride.

I think the only hard part was in the second half exiting the tunnel, that was incredily mean, especially considering that the second half was generally easier with less hazardous moments. But that one hairy moment was harder and take you as a surprise more than any of the first half hazards combined.

Btw. isn't the Born to be Wild speedrun the most watched non official Duke3D level related video on youtube?

This post has been edited by Nancsi: 25 March 2018 - 11:40 AM

User is offline   Jim 

View PostTrooper Dan, on 25 March 2018 - 10:42 AM, said:

I'm tempted to post a slightly modified copy of EBIKE.CON that would allow you to increase the bike's acceleration using console commands.

Please do. Thank you!

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostJim, on 25 March 2018 - 10:19 PM, said:

Please do. Thank you!

All right, I have attached a file. I'm going to tell you how to use it, and then I'm going to write a disclaimer.

How to use it: unpack EBIKE.CON into the game folder that contains the .exe This should, iirc, result in this script being loaded instead of the one packed inside DNF.GRP, since it has the same name and it is at root level. Keep in mind that script is compiled and is part of saved games, so this will do nothing to change any saved games you have. You would have to start a new game for it to have any effect.

So let's assume that you have started a new game and that the provided EBIKE.CON has actually been loaded. If you want to change the bike's acceleration, you will need to open up the console and change a gamevar, by typing this:

setvar powerf 240

That will increase the forward engine power from 120 (the default) to 240. You could try other numbers.

DISCLAIMERS: This is NOT an official patch. It may or may not contain bug fixes for issues with the bike that have been reported over the years. It assumes you already have the official patch which fixes the bike hud display. This file is being provided for amusement onlly, and will not be updated in the future. If it works for you, great. If not...sorry. I will say that it works fine for me when I use it with an older version of DNF (although not quite as old as the release version). EDIT: Attachment removed...like I said, it was not a patch and we don't want these files hanging around.

User is offline   Jim 

Will it work if I load a saved game from the previous level, then go into "born to be wild"?

Also, can I bind "setvar powerf 240" to a key?

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostJim, on 26 March 2018 - 10:08 PM, said:

Will it work if I load a saved game from the previous level, then go into "born to be wild"?

Also, can I bind "setvar powerf 240" to a key?

As long as the saved game was created after the new code was loaded, then the new code will be in effect. You can also just start a game at the level you want with the open user map command.

You can can cycle through console commands entered in the current session by pressing the up or down arrows while the console is open. So, you should only have to type it once.

User is offline   Jim 

works good, thanks!

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

View PostNancsi, on 25 March 2018 - 11:38 AM, said:

Btw. isn't the Born to be Wild speedrun the most watched non official Duke3D level related video on youtube?

Holy shit, never realized how many views it had! I commented there a couple years ago I think but didn't have this many views.

User is offline   Mark 

Probably from a lot of people clicking there hoping to hear the Steppenwolf song.

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostMark., on 28 March 2018 - 05:15 PM, said:

Probably from a lot of people clicking there hoping to hear the Steppenwolf song.

Unlikely. When I search "born to be wild" on youtube, I can't even find that DNF run in the results, although I do see plenty of nature videos come up.

User is offline   Mark 

Yep, same here. If I come up with another theory I'll let you know. :P

View PostMark., on 28 March 2018 - 06:46 PM, said:

If I come up with another theory I'll let you know. :P

Analytics tells me that a majority of views from the past four years (after the initial surge from the original upload and the mod's release period) came from suggested videos and browse features, the latter being mostly the "Recommended for you" thing that people see on their YT homepage.

Posted Image

A non-trivial number of views have come from searches, though. However, analytics specifies these as being almost exclusively from Duke-related search terms.

Posted Image

User is offline   Mr. Tibbs 

ICARUSLIV3S released a cool video checking out the 2013 mod.

User is offline   Ninety-Six 

A shame he didn't talk about the DLC much, which in my opinion hold two of the highest points the mod has to offer.

User is offline   Echelon5 

Has anyone reuploaded the latest screenshots for the new version? The account expired a while ago before I ever got the chance to see them.

The problem is that Photofuckingbucket became a paid service and did the greedy move of not allowing hotlinking to free accounts´ images and made it retroactive to all the previously uploaded ones too. I lost hundreds of images because of that. I use Imgur now, i will reupload those and some new shots too at some point.

I bet you guys would love to see some of the stuff we are doing! But just be patient and always bet on me... i mean duke!

Posted Image

Just a little teaser, too bad i am not as awesome with gifs as i am with modding. with Credits to Trooper Dan for the coding!

View PostGambini, on 11 July 2018 - 08:04 PM, said:

Posted Image

Just a little teaser, too bad i am not as awesome with gifs as i am with modding. with Credits to Trooper Dan for the coding!

This, This right here is amazing my friend...

User is offline   Ninety-Six 

That's kinda hypnotizing to watch, actually...

View PostGambini, on 11 July 2018 - 08:04 PM, said:

Posted Image

If I could only upvote more than once... This is amazing, I'm looking forward to the release... whenever it's done. :(

User is offline   NNC 

I expect this to be good.

What's the planned name of the game? Duke Nukem Forever 2018 or Duke Nukem Forever 2019?

My hunch it´s it will be Duke Nukem Forever 2026 :(

Thanks to all for the comments!

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Interesting concept. Better hurry up and release it before Randy steals the idea and releases Duke Nukem: Desert Bus Tour.

Share this topic:

• 36 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options