Duke4.net Forums: RELEASE: DUKE NUKEM FOREVER 2013 - Duke4.net Forums

• 36 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

RELEASE: DUKE NUKEM FOREVER 2013  "it wasn´t a hoax."

User is offline   Gambini 

It´s so good that we won´t have to deal with all the whining anymore! At least not the one we got used in the past few days.

Please keep this topic clean of all the stuff the the trailer thread was full of.

http://www.moddb.com...2013-10-version

Authorisation can take a while... But there´s nothing i can do about that.

EDIT: DOWNLOAD DUKE NUKEM FOREVER from MSDN.

User is offline   Lunick 

File Awaiting Authorisation

SO CLOSE.

User is offline   Yatta 

• Pizza Lawyer

You know I could have just hosted it on Duke4.net for you. Would've even given you your own subdomain. :)

User is offline   Gambini 

Thanks Yattta. we can discuss that later. Now it´s 2:30 am and i have to work tomorrow :S

It´s funny how people is already rating it without even having played it. oh wel...

Cool, it's 7:41 AM here right now, the whole day left for me. Can't wait playing it!

User is offline   thatguy 

Luckily I have tuesday off from work. YAY!

User is offline   Jenz/Amaka 

View PostGambini, on 29 April 2013 - 09:09 PM, said:

It´s so good that we won´t have to deal with all the whining anymore! At least not the one we got used in the past few days.
Please keep this topic clean of all the stuff the the trailer thread was full of.
http://www.moddb.com...2013-10-version

Finally!
Can't wait to try it out.

View PostGambini, on 29 April 2013 - 09:09 PM, said:

Authorisation can take a while... But there´s nothing i can do about that.

Well, there's plenty of other file sharing sites.

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

If that's really what I think/hope it is, I'm gonna build a freakin' throne and put Gambini on top of it personally... And chances are you will own Gearbox with that (which isn't too difficult to accomplish these days, I'm afraid) :)

This post has been edited by NightFright: 29 April 2013 - 11:44 PM

User is offline   supergoofy 

Many thanks for building this mod/TC

Is this a standalone mod/TC or it needs duke3d.grp ?

• The Truth is in here

And another, even more important question: How many maps will be included? Or asked differently: Will it be longer than the "real" DNF? :)

(Duke would probably answer like: "Mine is ALWAYS longer! It lasts... forever!" xD)

This post has been edited by NightFright: 30 April 2013 - 01:03 AM

User is offline   MetHy 

It's not standalone, requires eduke32 and the grp.

It lasts 5 levels, about 2 hours of gameplay.

When will you guys stop believing this is like a full game, this has been said before...

• The Truth is in here

Well, two hours of this is probably still considerably better than five hours of the "other". :)

User is offline   MetHy 

I don't think so. This is a great little episode but I had more fun playing the real DNF.

User is offline   Richard Shead 

• "Dick Nasty"

I might have to be away from my PC for the next few days....hopefully somebody will upload a playthrough on YouTube. :)

User is offline   Lunick 

Try the download now guys!

User is offline   Mikko 

• Honored Donor

MSDN link here: http://msdn.duke4.net/DNF.zip

Sorry for the delay but I was asleep when Gambini published this.

Some shots:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Mikko_Sandt: 30 April 2013 - 02:23 AM

User is offline   Nukeaholic 

Awesome! Cannot wait to give this a shot soon, shame I have quite a bit to do today but I'll definitely make time to play it through.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Here's my "review" from moddb, tried not to spoil too much:

This was amazing! The first level starts off a bit slow, and besides the new art and a few references played like an ordinary Duke 3D level (although the view from the top of the lady killer is stunning) and there's good atmosphere.After you get the bike, there's a bit of a turning point and gameplay starts becoming more ambitious and interesting, plus all the references, both in-your-face and the smaller ones, and the obvious/exact replicas as well as ideas/locations etc which are only loosely based on the old trailers.

Is it DNF? No, but (besides the start maybe) there is not a single boring moment in the entire thing, and you'll have a huge grin every time you come across something from the trailers (especially when it's gameplay related and not just a visual thing). It definitely has a DNF feel, but some parts have it more than others.

Soon after you start, it grabs you like a vice and it won't let go until you finish. 100% Recommended! Go download now.

User is offline   Mr. Tibbs 

Played it for 5 minutes. I had to save and quit to say thank you so much Gambini and Mikko Sandt! It's brilliant! I've already audibly laughed a few times. An odd mix of charming and badass. Gotta rush back to play some more!

User is offline   Steveeeie 

I can't seem to get it working. it throws me to the main menu if i select a skill level :)

It looks awesome, so I hope I can find a fix.

User is offline   Mikko 

• Honored Donor

View PostSteveeeie, on 30 April 2013 - 03:07 AM, said:

I can't seem to get it working. it throws me to the main menu if i select a skill level :)

Use DNF.bat to launch the game, not _eduke32.exe. This is common practice and was mentioned in the txt so pay attention.

User is offline   uh . . . . 

When you press back on the bike when going off a jump sometimes you can go abnormally high; I landed up on an invisible ceiling at one point. Going to bed now, I'll play the rest when I wake up, it's a lot fun.

Immediate download and playing !

User is offline   Jenz/Amaka 

That was... surprisingly good. There really wasn't any boring parts at all.

Shame you guys didn't used my DNF gloves.

User is offline   zykov eddy 

Holy shit

Can't wait to play!

User is offline   CruX 

And here I was going to spend the day studying for my anthro final. Oh well.

User is offline   Hank 

so far it looks damn good, Posted Image

User is offline   Lunick 

I'm probably going to be a party pooper here but I didn't like it.

Spoiler

Can I ask if the code for the random people running around was borrowed from Blood or am I just thinking that because they look like the peasants from Blood? It's interesting to see lots of resources used in this mod. Also you can find Helixhorned and Plagman's names in the credits for eduke32 :)

Now where is the DLC for it? :)

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

You didn't like the mod? Yup, ban Lunick for real this time guys. :)

User is offline   Lunick 

View PostRadar, on 30 April 2013 - 04:28 AM, said:

You didn't like the mod? Yup, ban Lunick for real this time guys. :)

Oi you :)

I didn't like it but that doesn't mean others won't like it. I think it is okay generally.

Share this topic:

• 36 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options