• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

RELEASE: DUKE NUKEM FOREVER 2013  "it wasn´t a hoax."

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View PostDuke Rocks, on 01 May 2013 - 06:01 AM, said:

^ Yeah, that was my point. :) Granted, it was capitalizing on the failure of a recent title as well as the relatively high demand for a previously shown version of that said title....but all in all, the hype that has been generated for a mod of this type is unprecedented.

It's not even a "big" mod; only 6 months of development, and only 2 hours of gameplay.

Hopefully Gambini and Mikko want to make more maps (although given how things went in the other thread, I doubt they'd tell us even if they were).

User is offline   Kathy 

And it demonstates that Duke Nukem just needs a good game to be back on top. He's strong character that somehow never seem to take full advantage of its never fading potential.

User is offline   darkcaleb 

Wow amazing! you can almost considered that this is a fifth episode in duke nukem 3d. Great work guys.

Still there where a couple things that could have changed(not to complain to much about it): pigcops should have had a EDF logo instead of RIPD right? Couldn't there cars in the maps look more futuristic like in the original trailer?

Thinking about creating a user map for this....(didn't they say that the aliens are attacking the whole world through out the big cities?

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View Postdarkcaleb, on 01 May 2013 - 06:47 AM, said:

Thinking about creating a user map for this....(didn't they say that the aliens are attacking the whole world through out the big cities?

I hope Gambini won't mind me cross-posting his comment from another forum:

We´d be glad to include community maps

So you can make one if you want. But I'd imagine there'd be certain quality standards (i.e if it's going to be your first map then don't bother Posted Image ), and apparently it has to be 100% software and polymost compatible. No fancy TROR, no reliance on polymer lights.

Finished it this morning. I laughed.

The rough edges are understandable and worth it just to experience the translation and your interpretations. It was surreal walking around someone else's Slick Willy. Wait... :) nevermind! :)

Good job everyone... it's a pain to finish something, much less something with that many threads pulling on it combined with people's expectations while still doing what you want since yer doin' it for fun. ;)

This post has been edited by Wieder: 01 May 2013 - 07:10 AM

User is offline   Richard Shead 

• "Dick Nasty"

View PostMicky C, on 01 May 2013 - 06:04 AM, said:

It's not even a "big" mod; only 6 months of development, and only 2 hours of gameplay.

And if two amateur modders can pull this off in only six months, imagine what a big time studio could do given, say, ten plus years of time. oh wait

View PostCathy, on 01 May 2013 - 06:06 AM, said:

And it demonstates that Duke Nukem just needs a good game to be back on top. He's strong character that somehow never seem to take full advantage of its never fading potential.

Totally. This is the strongest proof I've seen in good long time showing that Duke as franchise can still be relevant and appealing, given the right circumstances.

This post has been edited by Duke Rocks: 01 May 2013 - 07:20 AM

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

Not sure if you can see this since I got the link of Facebook, but someone posted this glitch:

Posted Image

Anyone else get this? I also had an issue where I couldn't switch weapons while on the donkey.

All in all, great episode. The only thing I'm against is your choice of betatester. Anyone who think the real DNF was better than this mod has gotta get their act together.

User is offline   MetHy 

View PostRadar, on 01 May 2013 - 07:25 AM, said:

The only thing I'm against is your choice of betatester. Anyone who think the real DNF was better than this mod has gotta get their act together.

There are some things this mod did a lot better than the official DNF, but I still had more fun with DNF overall. Also this has nothing to do with my known talents as a betatester

User is offline   Gambini 

For whatever reason that person is not using voxels. Either by not following the installation instructions or either by hacking a way to use Polymer (which doesnt support voxels).

This post has been edited by Gambini: 01 May 2013 - 09:45 AM

User is offline   Sangman 

View PostRadar, on 01 May 2013 - 07:25 AM, said:

I also had an issue where I couldn't switch weapons while on the donkey.

Yeah I couldn't either, I guess it's an actual bug, not just a glitch :)

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostGambini, on 01 May 2013 - 09:45 AM, said:

For whatever reason that person is not using voxels. Either by not following the installation instructions or either by hacking a way to use Polymer (which doesnt support voxels).

It would be simple to have an in-game message appear when a player tries to use polymer, by the way. It could be added in the update.

User is offline   Mikko 

• Honored Donor

View PostTrooper Dan, on 01 May 2013 - 09:55 AM, said:

It would be simple to have an in-game message appear when a player tries to use polymer, by the way. It could be added in the update.

It's already there actually.

View PostTrooper Dan, on 01 May 2013 - 09:55 AM, said:

Mikko already did that, that´s why I say "he hacked a way". The only other way to not see the voxels is by putting a foreign duke3d.def in the same folder than the mod. Either way he wasn´t following the instrucions (which were quite easy) so fuck him.

@Micky C: Yes the highway trip had definetely a salt of T2. Specially the way trucks move around to block your way.

Also something that nobody seemed to notice is that I accidentally built the highway inverted, you´re always on the left side, like in those weird countries where cars have a steering wheel in the passenger seat.

This post has been edited by Gambini: 01 May 2013 - 10:11 AM

User is offline   MetHy 

The thought of it being inverted didn't cross my mind. It's not like the "right" side of the road matters anymore in a post-apocalyptic scenario.

User is offline   ReaperMan 

View PostGambini, on 01 May 2013 - 10:06 AM, said:

Also something that nobody seemed to notice is that I accidentally built the highway inverted, you´re always on the left side, like in those weird countries where cars have a steering wheel in the passenger seat.

Duke doesn't obey the law.

User is offline   Mike Norvak 

• Music Producer

Just finished. EPIC! anything I could say would be just redundant. I love it!!!!!!! great atmosphere, what you guys achieved is just unbelievable :)

So I'm gonna contribute with some things I don't like (blame me if you want :)):

* The music on both the EDF base and the Hoover Dam were just annoying and breaks the atmosphere (in fact I had to turn of the music), more action oriented tracks would be much better imho.

* The motorcycle has some bugs (already pointed out, so...)

* I didn't like the donkey ride part, mostly because I couldn't aim up and down so I enabled auto aim neither change the weapon.

* I feel a gameplay immersion drop near the end of the Dam map, I really can't explain why, in part due the lack of music to build up some thrill, or the lack of a big battle in the dam bottom before the last one. That would be a great area for such a battle, with commanders coming from the lake and flying liztroops.

Spoiler

* Gambini you should have used your General graves clip it sounds a lot better imo, the one I tried to clean sucks!

Other than that the mod is fantastic, I'm really excited about the response this mod has received.

Gambini you should put an annotation over the youtube video, so people know it is already released.

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

The nude guys taking a showers in the EDF HQ were based on a Mikko's dream.

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Fox: 01 May 2013 - 11:20 AM

The last day of working on the mod I was checking some of the con defitinions and noticed Mikko named those actors GAMBINIHOMO. Since I had the final build and the task to release the thing, i just wanted to give him the courtesy back :)

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

I noticed we don't have an article up for this on the front page yet. :)

/me yells at people

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

There is a website too?

User is offline   Steveeeie 

Just finished it! most excellent :)

User is offline   Richard Shead 

• "Dick Nasty"

View PostReaperMan, on 01 May 2013 - 10:48 AM, said:

Duke doesn't obey the law.

....the law obeys Duke. :)

User is offline   Nukeaholic 

Excellent work! On the second level now as I started playing this not too long ago. Audio in some places is a little muffled but that's the only problem so far!

User is offline   Mr. Tibbs 

Another write up over at RockPaperShotgun. http://www.rockpaper...em-forever-mod/

"It makes some annoying boo-boos in terms of where it hides doors and vent shafts, but other than that I enjoyed myself 412% more than I did in 3D Realms/Gearbox’s grinding, sneering chore of a thing. DNF2013 is no work of wonder, but it is a romp – and that’s probably what bruised Duke fans want right now."

This post has been edited by Mr. Tibbs: 01 May 2013 - 02:20 PM

User is offline   MetHy 

RPS are the bastards who leaked Amnesia: The Dark Descent one day before release.

For a site that's focused solely on PC gaming that's unforgiveable.

Please stop linking to them.

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

View PostTerminX, on 01 May 2013 - 11:56 AM, said:

I noticed we don't have an article up for this on the front page yet. :)

/me yells at people

At least it's on the HRP website by now. :)

Thanks and thanks for your detailed review too.

User is offline   Sangman 

View PostGambini, on 01 May 2013 - 10:06 AM, said:

like in those weird countries where cars have a steering wheel in the passenger seat.

LOL!

View PostReaperMan, on 30 April 2013 - 07:16 PM, said:

When is the...
Spoiler

Not sure, but that is a very good question.... We need huge worms, a boat (with a machine gun), a sniper rifle, a spaceship flying and shooting lady killer, Dr. Proton, a cannon from World War 1, and a bird killing the giant worm for that DLC. If only Gambini worked on the sequel, then this would actually make a great moment :)

User is offline   Kathy 

View PostMetHy, on 01 May 2013 - 02:14 PM, said:

RPS are the bastards who leaked Amnesia: The Dark Descent one day before release.

For a site that's focused solely on PC gaming that's unforgiveable.

Please stop linking to them.

They pirated the game or just reviewed it before release? Reviewing tha game/book/movie before release is quite normal.

Share this topic:

• 36 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options