Duke4.net Forums: AMC TC general - Duke4.net Forums

• 37 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

AMC TC general

User is offline   Jblade 

Hmm, I think I might have another role you can do actually - I'll send you a message when I've put some thought into what lines I would need, it would be a voice for the Cycloid emperor.

Oh and if I may, About the Heat Visions you included, Will they all look the same or will they be different from OC to OC ? Like it used to be the case in old Ep1 ?

The appearance is unique to each char but it's their default goggles changed to red - I don't have enough resources to make 2 sets of unique goggles :dukecigar:

This post has been edited by Jblade: 31 January 2018 - 10:06 AM

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

View PostMark., on 31 January 2018 - 09:24 AM, said:

Cool. I haven't done any voice work since HHR and Quest Town. I'm looking forward to doing more.
This was a quick 1 take for a gruff soldier voice.

nice for normal voice, but can you do it with an accent or different tone?

User is online   Mark 

Yes. I usually end up doing at least a dozen versions before I decide what I like best. This is at normal pitch. It works great with a wide range of pitch change up or down.

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by Mark.: 31 January 2018 - 05:12 PM

User is offline   Jblade 

Should of also mentioned, if any mappers are interested in lending a hand we definitely could use it - just send me a PM if you're interested :dukecigar:

Hey everybody !

Somebody is making videos about AMC, his name is Crazy Donkey on YT. He made a Twitch Live and is posting the re-diffusion on YT; Here's the first one if you're curious to see :
Check out his channel he posted 2 other parts of the live on the game.

Apparantly it was his very first Twitch Live, hence why he looks kinda shy ... Quotation "this is the best Duke Nukem 3D mod ever", I TOTALLY AGREE ^^

I'm always happy to see new videos of new people on the game, it gives the game the more audience it deserves although I still find that it's kinda tame but we can be hopefull ^^

User is offline   Jblade 

I've seen it myself, yeah he is a bit too shy for a live stream - but watching it did remind me that I did need to make mission progress a bit more obvious since he finishes megabase and then goes to episode 2 rather than to Ganymede :dukecigar: It's highlighted on the solar system screen now when the mission is active (the little 'new mission' glow also spins so it stands out much more now)

View PostJblade, on 21 February 2018 - 12:34 AM, said:

I've seen it myself, yeah he is a bit too shy for a live stream - but watching it did remind me that I did need to make mission progress a bit more obvious since he finishes megabase and then goes to episode 2 rather than to Ganymede :dukecigar: It's highlighted on the solar system screen now when the mission is active (the little 'new mission' glow also spins so it stands out much more now)

Personally I wasn't too bothered by that since at the end of Megabase they say "let's head to Ganymeyde" and so I had the decency of looking at the solar system (especially since it shows a planet's picture" ^^
(apart from having played old ep1 where you would go there straight away ...)

Personally I believe he was misled by the mission center because of the fact that it tends to show missions of BOTH episodes by default, especially when you use Ep2 to start a game which he probably did otherwise the Siege mission wouldn't have shown up >_>
I believe you already solved that problem though, the fact the filter of Ep1 remains active when launching Ep2 ...

User is offline   Ninety-Six 

So something I've been wondering for a while since I first discovered this I don't even know how long ago.

How large is this AMC "Universe"? I know it apparently encompasses things like Oblivion and Imagination World, but also usermaps as well like X64-2. I'm just sort of curious as to what is and is not a part of this background. Sure, it might not be necessary to enjoy the game but I'm still curious.

User is offline   Jblade 

Good question - the original idea was that just about every Duke mod as well as all Build engine games are all part of this interconnected world (hence the Blood and SW references as well as Exhumed/Powerslave in the upcoming episode - Ion Maiden is a different story since it's brand new and I have zero intention of even thinking about muscling in on their turf in an shape or form) There are a few instances where a map wouldn't fit so I can't really call it part of the story (The Gate is sort of like that, I think parts like the Tannhauser gate and the mars section (which was a massive inspiration to me, both in this and my other stuff) would fit in but then the whole backstory of the mod in the text file got a bit too out there for my taste) There's also some Doom mods which I really like and I like to sort of imagine they'd also be part of it (The Chosen for one, there's a brief line as a nod towards it in Episode 3; I'd also love to have characters like Hae-Lin from Demonsteele have brief cameos, maybe just a brief text conversation and they teach you a new skill, but I'll cross that bridge in the future) It's not a specific list though, generally I go for a 'what fits in and would be cool' without ruining the tone of the mod.

I'm not too anal about these things though so it's not a tightly woven canon or something; to be honest a lot of stuff I just like to briefly mention or hint at and let the player's imagination do the work at connecting dots (astute people might of noticed the factory on Io is the one from Outland for instance :P)

Ah. So then I guess the only "main" one would be the AMC Pleaser.

Spoiler

This post has been edited by Ninety-Six: 05 May 2018 - 09:10 PM

User is offline   Jblade 

actually AMC pleaser was named that way for some drama reasons, it wasn't intended to be flattering or anything - it's all water under the bridge now though :P 'Wet dream' is more along the lines of the mod since it actually had an AMC office in it complete with mine and Alejandro's names on the desks (as well as the bar with the Oostrums poster and Rusty's pic near the exit)

Chosen was an old Zdoom mod also set in Egypt, I really liked it. Not sure how well it works alongside newer GZdoom updates though.

What about the Roch series ?

I remember you had told about it but I don't remember >_>

And by playing Attrition there are maps which I would well see in AMC, such as Red Rock, Filler, Flaming Shipwreck, Crimson Moon, Grandayda, Hydro Station, and JMW 1 & 2 ...

View PostJblade, on 05 May 2018 - 09:23 PM, said:

actually AMC pleaser was named that way for some drama reasons, it wasn't intended to be flattering or anything - it's all water under the bridge now though :P 'Wet dream' is more along the lines of the mod since it actually had an AMC office in it complete with mine and Alejandro's names on the desks (as well as the bar with the Oostrums poster and Rusty's pic near the exit)

Chosen was an old Zdoom mod also set in Egypt, I really liked it. Not sure how well it works alongside newer GZdoom updates though.

Spoiler

you kinda lost me. I was just saying that the Pleaser would be the most """""""important""""" " part of the AMC "canon."

I'm kinda curious how you see this timeline. What does it look like? I'm that sort of chronology nerd, you see.

User is offline   Jblade 

Ah yeah sometimes I'm just a robot and don't get things, sorry :P

TDL: roch will never be in it because a) pascal wouldn't want his maps edited in anyway and B ) they don't fit with the mod anyway.

I'm kinda curious how you see this timeline. What does it look like? I'm that sort of chronology nerd, you see.

There's no actual timeline apart from IW and Oblivion both being set before AMC TC, since nailing down a time doesn't really benefit the story in any way (same way the original HL never had a date assigned to it) it's set at a vague point in the future where there's lots of hi-tech stuff and interstellar travel but also still very close to modern times so most of Earth is still at our relative tech level.

This post has been edited by Jblade: 06 May 2018 - 03:40 AM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

As James says, there are some more references to other games and mods coming out in Episode 3. There will be nods to WGRealms 2, Imperium, and again to Imagination World v2 for example. Some will be very subtle, others less so.

User is online   Mark 

But no cheap shots at MickyC? :P :lol:

This post has been edited by Mark.: 06 May 2018 - 06:13 AM

• Honored Donor

View PostMark., on 06 May 2018 - 06:13 AM, said:

But no cheap shots at MickyC? Posted Image :P

Oh there's a few of those, don't worry Posted Image

Nods to WGR2 ? I definitely want to see that since I loved it almost as much as AMC ^^

And what does "Cheap Shots" mean if I may >_> ?

User is online   Mark 

Making a negative remark about someone. Like laughing at someone when they trip on the sidewalk and calling them a cripple. In our case its done in fun. I have taken a "cheap shot" at Micky in all of my projects.

I think you guys need to rebrand the TC. Something along the lines of "Retro FPS Avengers". :P

On that note, I have to admit, James did the whole shared universe thing way before Marvel made it popular, and is the first person to do so in a video game afaik.
In fact, if my sources are correct, development on the TC started around the same time as the production of the first Iron Man, and so far each episode of the TC has coincided with the release of one of the major Avengers movies (give or take a few months).
If this trend holds true, then Episode 3 isn't that far away at all :lol:

View PostMicky C, on 06 May 2018 - 04:47 AM, said:

As James says, there are some more references to other games and mods coming out in Episode 3. There will be nods to WGRealms 2, Imperium, and again to Imagination World v2 for example. Some will be very subtle, others less so.

My headcanon used to be that Duke wasn't actually dead, but that WGRealms 2 was actually part of the same shared universe, and his disappearance could be explained using the intro map to WGRealms 2.
In case people don't remember, at the very beginning of that mod, Duke's ship is ripped apart in space after escaping from WGSpace, and at the very last second he's rescued by Axon (I can't believe I actually remember that name).
Would be reasonable to assume that the EDF presumed him dead after that.

This post has been edited by Doom64hunter: 06 May 2018 - 11:07 AM

User is offline   Jblade 

There's 3 maps left to go before beta testing can begin, and all of them are past the 50% mark - so the release is definitely happening this year! It's safe to say we won't get EP4 done in a years time for the next Avengers film though :lol:

My headcanon used to be that Duke wasn't actually dead, but that WGRealms 2 was actually part of the same shared universe, and his disappearance could be explained using the intro map to WGRealms 2.
In case people don't remember, at the very beginning of that mod, Duke's ship is ripped apart in space after escaping from WGSpace, and at the very last second he's rescued by Axon (I can't believe I actually remember that name).
Would be reasonable to assume that the EDF presumed him dead after that. Could my theory actually be true?

That's one viable interpretation :P There's also Army of Death which also ends with Duke stuck around too (and I also worked on that) it's safe to say the AMC's version of Duke isn't coming back at least.

View PostJblade, on 06 May 2018 - 11:10 AM, said:

There's 3 maps left to go before beta testing can begin, and all of them are past the 50% mark - so the release is definitely happening this year! It's safe to say we won't get EP4 done in a years time for the next Avengers film though :lol:

That's one viable interpretation :P There's also Army of Death which also ends with Duke stuck around too (and I also worked on that) it's safe to say the AMC's version of Duke isn't coming back at least.

Well, we could consider Infinity War and Avengers 4 as part 1 and part 2, then everything fits back into place. :lol:

View PostJblade, on 06 May 2018 - 11:10 AM, said:

I thought Imperium took place centuries into the future?

• Honored Donor

Don’t take Imperium’s plot too seriously in this context. The overall events are “cannon”, but a few details, like Earth sending out colonies due to excessive pollution are being swept under the rug.

I’d also always imagined that Duke’s disappearance was related to WGR2, of course I’m not saying that’s what actually happened.

We’ll release the TC between Infinity War parts 1 and 2 :P
I don’t think branding is as much an issue as general advertisement though. James always talked about releasing a trailer with each episode, but never gets around to it. A trailer wouldn’t be a magic bullet solution, but it may cause a few more downloads.

This post has been edited by Micky C: 06 May 2018 - 04:47 PM

User is offline   Jblade 

View PostMicky C, on 06 May 2018 - 04:46 PM, said:

I don’t think branding is as much an issue as general advertisement though. James always talked about releasing a trailer with each episode, but never gets around to it. A trailer wouldn’t be a magic bullet solution, but it may cause a few more downloads.

I should do it for this episode though, I just need to find a good bit of music. Loke made that awesome teaser trailer though so it has technically got a trailer already :P

A release trailer would be a great idea, then there would be something to advertise with on Facepunch, Doomworld, Reddit etc. that actually catches people's eyes.

About the Duke being dead or missing thing I believe I saw a text file in the AMC folder which actually tells some back story and Duke making one last radio contact asking if there's "anybody out there" and therefore validating the thesis of being missing for a long time and so considered dead by the authorities

As for a possible connection with WGR2 I kinda agree since Axon is a feeaking jerk >_< He tells you that he can return Duke to his home world and he NEVER does so even at the end of Chaos Realm

User is offline   Jblade 

there's no text file like that, you must be thinking of the readme files for all of the EDF missions which I included as a matter of courtesy, they don't have any bearing on the story.

View PostJblade, on 07 May 2018 - 12:09 AM, said:

there's no text file like that, you must be thinking of the readme files for all of the EDF missions which I included as a matter of courtesy, they don't have any bearing on the story.

Hmm that's weird because I don't remember finding it in the usermap folder O_o

Or maybe I found said text file in the old Ep1 release I had backed up long ago in order to salvage some Classic Collection maps >_>

I could re-check that out whenever I'll have time but I doubt it will be of much interest ^^

User is offline   Jblade 

I literally have a copy of the first episode one release here on my PC, there's no such text file in the main directory.

Share this topic:

• 37 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options