• 13 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

AMC TC released - Merry x-mas!  "One hell of a christmas present"

User is offline   Jblade 

The AMC TC is released!

http://www.moddb.com...ads/amc-tc-v110

Version v1.10 is ready for download :) The full list of changes are listed on the download page, but I'll bring up the big ones here. You'll need to re-download the whole mod as the patch effects pretty much everything. Either download and unzip into your existing directory to keep your data files and configurations, or into a new directory if you're just starting.

Posted Image
-Revamped skill levels; the Expert and Professional skill levels give far greater challenge than Normal mode. Professional adds an even bigger challenge than Expert; the crosshair is disabled meaning guns with sights are far more vital to success, many weapons kick upwards meaning that you'll need to keep greater control of your weapon, and reloading takes longer meaning a careful approach is recommended. Don't forget that you can lean around corners to assess threats by standing, holding the use key, and pressing turn left/right.
-Beat all levels on Expert mode to unlock Gold standard weapons that can be purchased from the Shopkeeper. Although expensive, these weapons are effective against
all enemy types. Episode 1 has gold standard replacements for all character's slot 1 weapons.
-Beat all levels on Professional mode to unlock an extended ending for Episode 1. You only need to do this once, afterwards the ending will be unlocked and always show after the epilogue map.
-New weapons! 2 new guns can be found in Snow Base for Mikko, and several others are available for purchase from the Shopkeeper, as well as a new spell for Sang found in Dis Base.
-New enemies! The Zombie soldier and a suprising new addition to Dis base!
-New areas to Dis Base and Millhaven, and map improvements to many others as well
-Improved weapon bar showing akimbo gun modes and grenade launcher attachments, .etc .etc
-Lots and lots of bug fixes and improvements (see changelog)

http://amctc.wikia.c...iki/AMC_TC_Wiki

This mammoth 8-character TC is finally ready for release, after several years of hard work. Featuring a huge range of features and effects (far too many to list here) The TC can be considered it's own game in it's right, taking story ideas from Duke Nukem as well as carrying on the storylines set in Imagination World (By myself), Oblivion (By Zaxtor) and Brave New World (By Mikko Sandt).

Featuring an episode of high-quality maps, built by myself, Rusty, Geoffrey, Highwire, Mikko and Sang. All the con coding, excluding a few parts by other coders such as DeeperThought, was by myself as well.

The AMC Squad is a paramilitary group formed by a man whose identity is unknown to all but a select few in the EDF and EAF. Using funds from both of those agencies as well as his own, he hired an old friend to track down 7 of the best and most skilled fighters on Earth. This squad was formed to tackle the most severe threats to Earth's safety, including fighting off the notorious Cycloid race of aliens. However, events soon unfold that dramatically increase the scale of conflict, and the AMC squad must soon deal with a new paranormal world that is new to even the most supernatural members of the team.

Can you fight as the AMC Squad, and take care of this threat? Will you scour the battlefield, find and aquire research and equipment and tackle the threat strategically, or just run in guns blazing? Will you choose to play as Sangluss, A warlock with great power who overcame a dark past? Or as Merlijn, the knight from Holland who wields ancient weaponry to deadly effect? Mikko, the Cybernetic leader of MS Corp industries, brings a range of deadly and hi-tech weaponry to the battlefield whereas Highwire relies only on good old fashioned guns (Preferably russian made!)

To those of you who played Imagination World and beat episode 4, if you copy the iw_complete.amctc file into the data directory in your AMC TC folder you'll unlock the 1911 and Jackhammer from IW for use when you play as James in the AMC TC :P

Please note that for the best experience, play this in Classic mode, Polymost does have support with widescreen functionality but Classic is what the vast majority of the team designed it in. Polymer is not supported.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

This post has been edited by James: 22 April 2012 - 11:40 PM

User is offline   Loke 

Oh, fuck yes.

User is offline   E.C.S 

Oh god, yes! I will download it as soon I can.

User is offline   DN4ever 

It crashes when I try to shoot, and some levels are just black, and some levels have text boxes saying what should be there. Am I doing something wrong in trying to run it? All I do is open the included EDuke32, no polymer, special content directory or autoload and run. The game starts all ok except the episode names between men who were amc and multiplayer are just -.

User is offline   Jblade 

View PostDN4ever, on 24 December 2011 - 03:17 PM, said:

It crashes when I try to shoot, and some levels are just black, and some levels have text boxes saying what should be there. Am I doing something wrong in trying to run it? All I do is open the included EDuke32, no polymer, special content directory or autoload and run. The game starts all ok except the episode names between men who were amc and multiplayer are just -.

Start it with the bat file, not by the Eduke32.exe :)

User is offline   Loke 

Finished the first level. I'm lovin' it so far, it's really, really good.

Omg omg omg!! Yes! Downloading right now! This is the best X-Mas present :)

User is offline   DN4ever 

Oh thanks James :) gotta say it's a great game you've made Posted Image

O_O I had a feeling you'd finish this long before I finished my mod. I still haven't had motivation to do much with it.

But enough of that, I've downloaded it and yes, you need to use the .bat file, not the main exe to start it off. I messed around for a bit, but I still need to look at this more before I give input o.o

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

AWESOME! I cannot wait to play this in a few days. Cheers to the whole team, glad to see this get done in a timely manner.

Hooray ! Great xmas present, thanks James, and thanks to all AMC team... just downloaded, and i'm going to try it

User is offline   Stabs 

12 years of work thats actually good :)

well done

User is online   zykov eddy 

I played this TV TC a month ago as a beta tester and I'm still impressed. This is just mind blowing. One of the best TCs for the last years.
One of the finest points of this TC is a strong storyline, really keeps you interested from start to finish, thanks to awesome cutscenes (The opening sequence is the most impressive cutscene I've ever seen in a Duke TC). I also liked the gameplay, a good combination of action and puzzles (as you know, I don't like too much action).
Everything else is great too. The graphics are stylish, the design is fresh, the new weapons rock, the maps are epic and well detailed. The new features are well made. You guys did a big job.

Hooray AMC squad!

This post has been edited by zykov eddy: 25 December 2011 - 03:55 AM

User is offline   Loke 

I agree with Eddy, I'm surprised how strong the story is as it feels well thought-out and not just rushed in the last minute. I also like how you can talk to NPC's very much like in an RPG. Can't wait to continue later today.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View Postzykov eddy, on 25 December 2011 - 03:14 AM, said:

I played this TV a month ago as a beta tester and I'm still impressed. This is just mind blowing. One of the best TCs for the last years.
One of the finest points of this TC is a strong storyline, really keeps you interested from start to finish, thanks to awesome cutscenes (The opening sequence is the most impressive cutscene I've ever seen in a Duke TC). I also liked the gameplay, a good combination of action and puzzles (as you know, I don't like too much action).
Everything else is great too. The graphics are stylish, the design is fresh, the new weapons rock, the maps are epic and well detailed. The new features are well made. You guys did a big job.

Hooray AMC squad!

I agree with everything in this post, but the Imperium intro cutscene comes close. Oh, and I think you mean TC, and not TV.

Are singleplayer invasion maps included in this release? A skim through the documents mentioned something in the context of multiplayer, which wasn't very useful.

User is offline   Player Lin 

Holy ****ing shit. This TC is damned awesome...played some and kicking them all and got my ass kicked by enemies, have a lot fun in this TC...nice job with this 12 years of work!

But it's crashes like hell...everytime I die and want to reload my savegame, the game crashed with M$ Windows' program error message, and it take some seconds to wait the crashed eduke32 closed itself.
(I noticed after I launched the game and go to any of level then quit the game, the eduke32 crashed too, but nothing wrong in the eduke32 log.)
I checked the eduke32 log file. Noticed some message before crash...

Error setting gamma ramp: DDERR_SURFACELOST
Palette set failed: DDERR_SURFACELOST
Uninitializing DirectDraw...
.(A lot of them)

The log...
Attached File  AMTTC_eduke32log.rar (1.22K)
Number of downloads: 717
it has 3300 lines of "Uninitializing DirectDraw...", what the hell...

Running on Win XP SP3, play with 8-bit classic renderer, use the eduke32 attached from TC(r2184).

EDIT : Do some tests, looks like it has very high chance to happens if I ALT-TAB out to desktop or other program then go back to game, maybe this problem is due to eduke32 itself.

This post has been edited by Player Lin: 25 December 2011 - 07:50 AM

User is offline   chicken 

• Fashionable Modeler

Wha... Holy crap! Downloading now...

User is offline   Merlijn 

What better christmas present then one where you can shoot, slash and blow up your opponents. :) Awesome to finally see this released, and of course it's awesome for me to play as my own character (I guess I do have time to play with myself :P ). Currently halfway the Megabase, and the gameplay is very good.

I was expecting this, still it's a really good christmas present ! Hooray for the AMC TC crew !

This post has been edited by Headless_Horseman: 25 December 2011 - 07:25 AM

User is offline   Hank 

there is a Santa after all.
Many thanks.

first image

my game computer is at my office, (well, I have to make money) and my normal comp can't handle Eduke32.
Still, I can tell just by looking at the material and maps, this is a class A TC.

make sure you upload this to indieDB or moddb !!! Posted Image

This post has been edited by Hank: 25 December 2011 - 08:20 AM

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

AMC TC is the greatest TC ever released for Duke 3D. There may be other TCs that are somewhat better in one aspect or another, but AMC TC is the greatest overall, the most complete package with loving care put into every detail. I played an earlier version of it but I'll have to wait until next year to play the released version.

Congratulations to the AMC team!

User is offline   Jblade 

Thanks to all the kind words, although I'm not sure where this 12-year figure came from as development started around 2007/2008 I think :) Really looking forward to hearing more once you guys have finished playing through.

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Found a few minor glitches.

Mirror hom.

But
Overall is awsomely nice.

User is offline   Jblade 

^ That's an error I spotted with the new Eduke32 snapshot.

Unfortunately I spotted a bug that renders a jumppad not working in the abyss level (something I put in to fix a problem that only occurs very rarely. how ironic) I'm gutted that I missed it out since so far it seems to be far far more stable than IW...download this file and put it into your AMC TC directory. Patching this will be much easier than IW in anycase.

User is offline   Jblade 

Unfortunately I spotted a bug that renders a jumppad not working in the abyss level (something I put in to fix a problem that only occurs very rarely. how ironic) I'm gutted that I missed it out since so far it seems to be far far more stable than IW...download this file and put it into your AMC TC directory. Patching this will be much easier than IW in anycase.

Attached File(s)

I'm stuck at level "For Providence" in the begining. Don't know,what am i supposed to do. I found some locked doors and a crack underwater,but i can't find any keys :P
Anyway,this TC is really awesome.I don't have much to say about - it all have been said above :)

View PostJames, on 25 December 2011 - 11:13 AM, said:

Nice! I was just on that part. It only worked one time for me, so I used "no clip" to reach the tower. But thanks for the quick bug fix :)

This post has been edited by Simon_Croes: 25 December 2011 - 11:29 AM

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Also I didn't knew it was possible to make clips during a level.

Thought clip are at the end.
Well E4 has 1 at beginning and 1 at end.

User is offline   Jblade 

View PostMister Sinister, on 25 December 2011 - 11:28 AM, said:

I'm stuck at level "For Providence" in the begining. Don't know,what am i supposed to do. I found some locked doors and a crack underwater,but i can't find any keys :dukehappy:
Anyway,this TC is really awesome.I don't have much to say about - it all have been said above :)

There's a house you can enter which has 2 cultists - the one dressed in a purple robe carries a key to the second floor of that same building. Purple cultists often carry keys in that level :P

Nice! I was just on that part. It only worked one time for me, so I used "no clip" to reach the tower. But thanks for the quick bug fix :D

Yes for once I'm glad it's easy to noclip in a game :)

EDIT: Zaxtor they're not clips they're ingame cutscenes :dukehappy:

This post has been edited by James: 25 December 2011 - 11:39 AM

User is offline   Zaxtor 

I see.
so still considered a clip sorta :).

Also I am trying to find the 2nd skull in the hell level.
Unknown level is called or something.

Found 1 skull soo far.
Level is awsome.

Is it normal theres a small hole you can't fall in?
U levitate.

Share this topic:

• 13 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options