Duke4.net Forums: Duke Nukem Reloaded abandoned? - Duke4.net Forums

• 14 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke Nukem Reloaded abandoned?  "An interesting facebook post."

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Five minutes ago this appeared on the Duke Nukem Reloaded facebook page, and it sounds like they've abandoned the project, or put it on hold?

After careful consideration of the progress and direction of the project, Interceptor Entertainment has decided to finish Duke Nukem: Reloaded at a future date that is yet to be determined.

Interceptor Entertainment still has the good will and non commercial license provided to us to use the Duke Nukem brand for our creative ambitions. We hope to resume that work again when the time is right.

In the interim, please know that the praise and support we received for our efforts has been both overwhelming and appreciated. Interceptor Entertainment looks forward to revisiting the DNR project in the future, along with several other new, creative pursuits. Our fans can rest assured: We are going to focus our efforts on exciting endeavors and we welcome the challenges that await us!

With sincere gratitude to our fans for their incredible support,
Interceptor Entertainment

This post has been edited by Micky C: 23 September 2011 - 02:56 PM

User is offline   Frederik Schreiber 

• Slipgate Studios

View PostMicky C, on 23 September 2011 - 02:46 PM, said:

Five minutes ago this appeared on the Duke Nukem Reloaded facebook page, and it sounds like they've abandoned the project, or put it on hold?

To quote my answer on a message on Facebook:

"We are around 90% finished with the current Multiplayer version - But you have to remember, that we don't own the game.
Its done under a signed license with Gearbox Software.
Which ultimately means, that we cannot do whatever we want with the project.

Its not really up to us. We have had a long conversation with Gearbox about this matter.
And the fact is, that we are bound by a license. A license of an IP owned by Gearbox Software. And we can't do much about it.."

User is offline   Lunick 

Serious?

User is offline   Yatta 

• Pizza Lawyer

I am disappoint. :(

User is offline   Spirrwell 

• tile 1018

So after building the hype of DN3DR, it gets smashed to pieces with this? I feel jerked around... Ah well, I wasn't too hopeful about this game anyway, even though I know it could've been really good.

• Slipgate Studios

View PostYatta, on 23 September 2011 - 03:24 PM, said:

I am disappoint. :(

I can understand that, after having seen the game Yatta. :(

• Honored Donor

Nobody really blames the people who actually worked on DNR (at least I don't), it's not that hard to believe that Gearbox are being dicks again...

This post has been edited by Micky C: 23 September 2011 - 04:47 PM

User is offline   Lunick 

I still thank you for that Livestream you did :(

What did you expect? It's Gearbox >.>

User is offline   ---- 

View PostMicky C, on 23 September 2011 - 03:46 PM, said:

Nobody really blames the people who actually worked on DNF (at least I don't), it's not that hard to believe that Gearbox are being dicks again...

I just quote this without further comment, you know ...

After they released DNF completely fucked up and didn't give anything that we asked for, now they decided to stop production of what was being made for free by fans...
So gearbox blocked the release of this game because it was going to blow DNF the fuck away with work done in less than a year?
If Gearbox is responsible for keeping this from getting released, even though companies like Valve can allow their games to be remade by fans without a problem, then Gearbox has really proven once and for all (if there was need for another proof) that they deserve to go bankrupt and burn alive under their bombarded studio's rubble.
If gearbox is responsible for this, then I truly and deeply hope they all fuck up in the following years and manage to lose all the money they've made until now up to the point where they will be forced to sell their organs for a piece of bread!

I only just wanted to see a snip of gameplay to know at least what I expected to see.
I want to see it and I want to have it suck so I can move on.
Not knowing how it was looking at all, is really annoying.

If anybody can pm me with something, I won't make it public but I just want to see it...

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 23 September 2011 - 04:34 PM

User is offline   Tetsuo 

This is what I said in the "why all the hate" thread

I here am just trying to dial my expectations and hype down somewhat considering there are many TC\Remake projects announced and many of them run out of steam and or get cancelled or go into development hell for one reason or another.

Does anyone now think I'm wrong to dial back my expectations and not jumping on the hype train? :( It's nothing personal things like this just happen with projects like this a lot.

This post has been edited by Tetsuo: 23 September 2011 - 04:35 PM

But let's look at the other half of the glass.
Maybe Gearbox decided they don't want this to be released, because they thought it's really shitty and not up to standards to have their name associated with it.
From the little screenshots I saw, to me it just looked like everything was low poly.
However, all the concept art that I've seen was top notch and had some great ideas for weapons and maps.

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 23 September 2011 - 04:40 PM

User is offline   Hank 

I don't believe this! @ Reloaded Team
How about calling it Ekud? And instead of LA or which ever Duke theme you chose, move it to Paris or London or Moskow or Saharah Desert or whatever? And simply state at IndieDB it's like Duke inspired only way way better.

Bottom line Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

This post has been edited by Hank: 23 September 2011 - 04:41 PM

View PostHank, on 23 September 2011 - 04:39 PM, said:

I don't believe this!
How about calling it Ekud? And instead of LA or which ever Duke theme you chose, move it to Paris or London or Moskow or Saharah Desert or whatever? And simply state at IndieDB it's like Duke inspired only way way better.

Bottom line Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

I agree with what this guy said.
How about you replace the character and the name and keep to your game and release it.
After you release it, we will get it modded and add Duke Nukem back in the game and what ever needs to be changed.
Simple as that.

User is offline   ---- 

View PostMr.Deviance, on 23 September 2011 - 04:39 PM, said:

Maybe Gearbox decided they don't want this to be released, because they thought it's really shitty and not up to standards to have their name associated with it.

You couldn't be more wrong. :( Just stay tuned.

This post has been edited by fuegerstef: 23 September 2011 - 04:43 PM

• Honored Donor

View PostMicky C, on 23 September 2011 - 03:46 PM, said:

Nobody really blames the people who actually worked on DNF (at least I don't), it's not that hard to believe that Gearbox are being dicks again...

View Postfuegerstef, on 23 September 2011 - 04:16 PM, said:

I just quote this without further comment, you know ...

Oh crap, I meant to write DNR, not DNF. I'll go back and change it, my bad.

This post has been edited by Micky C: 23 September 2011 - 04:49 PM

User is offline   ---- 

View PostMicky C, on 23 September 2011 - 04:46 PM, said:

Oh crap, I meant to write DNR, not DNF. I'll go back and change it, my bad.

I understood what you meant ... well, sort of ... I understood it that way: you cannot really blame Gearbox, because they would screw things up anyways and they cannot do anything about it. :(

This post has been edited by fuegerstef: 26 September 2011 - 01:48 AM

User is offline   Tetsuo 

New name\character to replace it with, Count Blastem Reduxed :(

• Honored Donor

View PostTetsuo, on 23 September 2011 - 04:56 PM, said:

New name\character to replace it with, Count Blastem Reduxed :(

Maybe we can finally make that Doug Huggem game proposed by Mega64 :(

• Slipgate Studios

Let me just re-clarify the situation -

The decision to put Duke Nukem Reloaded on hold was OUR decision, due to the current circumstances.

Not the decision of Gearbox Software.

User is offline   Ronin 

http://www.nooooooooooooooo.com/

User is offline   Mad Max RW 

Can't say I'm remotely surprised. What did I say before? When you guys start feeling like Gearbox's bitch maybe it's time to get out.

User is offline   Yatta 

• Pizza Lawyer

View PostMr.Deviance, on 23 September 2011 - 04:24 PM, said:

So gearbox blocked the release of this game because it was going to blow DNF the fuck away with work done in less than a year?

From what I've seen of the game, yes, that is my personal opinion.

I sympathetic to Gearbox from a business standpoint; they probably don't want DNR to coincide with the release of the DNF DLC later this year. Given how impressive DNR is, it would take away potential profits.

From an emotional standpoint--I am disappoint. :(

View Postfuegerstef, on 23 September 2011 - 04:42 PM, said:

You couldn't be more wrong. :( Just stay tuned.

Why is this post made as if you want to tell me something but you can't?
Are you somehow trying to tell me that DNR will be "accidentally" leaked or that this pausing thing is all a bluff ?

In fact there are quite a few wrong things in this picture that don't add up at all...
It's a bit odd that these news came up like this all of a sudden when everything seemed to be perfect just a few days ago in that video blog.
And how can you explain that even though you "had" to put this on pause, you still found the time to add a new epic animated banner to your site so that you can promote the game even more...
You also said that you visited gearbox and you showed your project and they liked it a few months ago... So this again doesn't add up that gearbox is causing you problems, unless they are acting hypocritical and they say one thing to your face when you go there and another thing when you call them and ask for permission.

You know what my conclusion is to all of this?
I say this shit is a bluff and that you are in fact still working at this game, or even worse you are about to release it in the following hours/days/weeks !

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 23 September 2011 - 05:28 PM

User is offline   ---- 

View PostMr.Deviance, on 23 September 2011 - 05:25 PM, said:

Are you somehow trying to tell me that DNR will be "accidentally" leaked or that this is pausing thing is all a bluff ?

In fact there are quite a few wrong things in this picture that don't add up at all
It's a bit odd that these news came up like this all of a sudden when everything seemed to be perfect just a few days ago in that video blog.
And how can you explain that even though you "had" to put this on pause, you still found the time to add a new epic animated banner to your site so that you can promote the game even more...
You also said that you visited gearbox and you showed your project and they liked it a few months ago so this again doesn't add up that gearbox is causing you problems, unless they are acting hypocritical and they say one thing to your face when you go there and another thing when you call them and ask for permission.

I say this shit is a bluff and that you are in fact still working at this game, or even worse you are about to release it in the following hours/days/weeks !

All I can say for now: Please wait one or two weeks. It probably won't take longer for further news and clarification.

This post has been edited by fuegerstef: 23 September 2011 - 05:28 PM

• Slipgate Studios

View PostMr.Deviance, on 23 September 2011 - 05:25 PM, said:

Are you somehow trying to tell me that DNR will be "accidentally" leaked or that this pausing thing is all a bluff ?

In fact there are quite a few wrong things in this picture that don't add up at all...
You also said that you visited gearbox and you showed your project and they liked it a few months ago so this again doesn't add up that gearbox is causing you problems, unless they are acting hypocritical and they say one thing to your face when you go there and another thing when you call them and ask for permission.

To put this on hold, was decided just yesterday, after a phone meeting with Gearbox.

View Postfresch, on 23 September 2011 - 05:29 PM, said:

To put this on hold, was decided just yesterday, after a phone meeting with Gearbox.

Ok thanks for the info and I think I know where this is going.
I will wait a few more weeks to see Gearbox sell it probably.

User is offline   Mad Max RW 

It sounds like the team doesn't know if what they're working on will ever be released thanks to Gearbox bullshit. Basically, they are working for free on a huge project and the only pay off is the end result: getting the game into our hands. Without that peace of mind what reason do they have to work?

View PostMad Max RW, on 23 September 2011 - 05:32 PM, said:

It sounds like the team doesn't know if what they're working on will ever be released thanks to Gearbox bullshit. Basically, they are working for free on a huge project and the only pay off is the end result: getting the game into our hands. Without that peace of mind what reason do they have to work?

To me it's clear man.
Gearbox is most likely going to sell this bitch and Fresh and his team are getting a percentage out of the sales.
Fresh can pretty much start buying those expensive cars that he always wanted if this game looks as good as yatta said it looks.

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 23 September 2011 - 05:35 PM

Share this topic:

• 14 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options