Duke4.net Forums: Duke Nukem Reloaded abandoned? - Duke4.net Forums

• 14 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke Nukem Reloaded abandoned?  "An interesting facebook post."

User is offline   Ronin 

Finish DN3D:R, leak it and everybody gets to play it, fuck Gearbox and 2Gay. Sega let Streets of Rage Remake get finished then had the project stopped, but everyone can still play it ha! Im sick of these big corporate fucks wrecking the fun for everyone why did Duke have to fall into the hands of such joyless cunts?

Leak the mother fucker if all else fails!
I will help distribute it through the russian underground game scene!

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 24 September 2011 - 08:17 AM

User is offline   Spirrwell 

• tile 1018

For now, it's wait and see. Depending on how air tight the license is, Gearbox could be sued, I'm sure fans of Duke would be more than happy to donate for legal expenses. Even if DN3DR gets leaked, Duke Nukem will be dead if Gearbox keeps screwing around. Duke Nukem belongs in the hands of the fans.

User is offline   ThePinkus 

Just want to remind everyone that even though it seems Gearbox didn't allow them to show it off at all just yet, just remember who had the license before Gearbox; 3DRealms. They cancelled projects left and right. At the very least Gearbox gave them a license, even if they were the ones that controlled media (and released nothing)

User is offline   Jeff 

View PostMr.Deviance, on 23 September 2011 - 10:02 PM, said:

Some games i know have been delayed for more than a decade, then they got released. :(

They are giving donations back and they are starting a new forum...
What does that mean to you?
To me, it means that it's canceled, dead and burned!

I just read the thing on our site, but after reading Gearbox's forums, I found that out as well.

User is offline   Mad Max RW 

View PostThePinkus, on 24 September 2011 - 09:08 AM, said:

Just want to remind everyone that even though it seems Gearbox didn't allow them to show it off at all just yet, just remember who had the license before Gearbox; 3DRealms. They cancelled projects left and right. At the very least Gearbox gave them a license, even if they were the ones that controlled media (and released nothing)

The major difference is none of those past projects got very far and flew halfway around the world on their own dime to the 3D Realms studio to present their work. What started as a free fan project for PC gamers turned into slave labor with no end in sight. I've seen some tragic shit before, but this one ranks near the top.

User is offline   Tetsuo 

Some games get hyped for years and demoed and shown how they'll take advantage of the latest tech on the PC and then at the last minute\year get dumbed down for a console and the PC version gets canned.... then the final product doesn't have the same scope they where promising and runs at a sub-HD resolution

*cough* Alan Wake *cough*

View PostMad Max RW, on 24 September 2011 - 05:04 AM, said:

*cough* every multiplatform game ever *cough* Fixed.

Oh really? Pardon me but are you saying every single multi-platform game ever got its PC version cancelled at the last minute and scope scaled back for a console release? Sorry... FAIL. Are you trolling me? Seriously. Or maybe you where saying all multi-platform games run at sub-HD resolutions on the consoles... sorry but that's not the main point of my post.

You should have understood what I was saying before you attempt to fix it. *face palm*

OK so maybe quite a few got consolized but the same thing that happened to Alan Wake didn't happen to ALL multiplatform games. Otherwise not even Crysis 2 would have been released.

This post has been edited by Tetsuo: 24 September 2011 - 03:55 PM

View PostTetsuo, on 24 September 2011 - 03:38 PM, said:

Oh really? Pardon me but are you saying every single multi-platform game ever got its PC version cancelled at the last minute and scope scaled back for a console release? Sorry... FAIL. Are you trolling me? Seriously. Or maybe you where saying all multi-platform games run at sub-HD resolutions on the consoles... sorry but that's not the main point of my post.

You should have understood what I was saying before you attempt to fix it. *face palm*

OK so maybe quite a few got consolized but the same thing that happened to Alan Wake didn't happen to ALL multiplatform games. Otherwise not even Crysis 2 would have been released.

Wow did you get up on the wrong side of the bed. My point was the PC versions of multiplatform games (almost) always get the shaft. They're either canceled (like you said), simplified, cut down, rushed out, and buggy as hell. Seriously, who gives a fuck about Alan Wake. It's like still complaining about Halo being exclusive to Xbox. The big picture is what matters, not one game. Take a chill pill.

This post has been edited by Mad Max RW: 24 September 2011 - 04:10 PM

User is offline   Tetsuo 

Sorry but I don't take kindly to snippy corrections when the implication that everything I said applies to what it's being corrected to. You didn't articulate your point. So it came off as a broad generalization that doesn't apply to every single instance of a cross platform game. I was merely pointing out that having a game be delayed doesn't always have a happy ending when all is said and done. Yes a couple of games have been released after a delay but there's no guarantee that anything will come of it and even if it did that it'll be well received (like DNF). Also, Alan Wake wasn't even the only game that ever happened to but do I really have to sit here and make a compendium of all games that happened to and mods that slipped through the cracks so I don't get "who gives a fuck about that game" thrown at me? :(

This post has been edited by Tetsuo: 24 September 2011 - 04:45 PM

It was just a misunderstanding. And for the record I agree with you. At least we're on the same page now.

User is offline   Person of Color 

• Senior Unpaid Intern at Viceland

This kinda darkened my day a bit, although I'll admit I wasn't exactly expecting guaranteed release on this one. The quality looked good. I just figured the development might hit some major snags, it was pretty ambitious.

View PostMad Max RW, on 24 September 2011 - 04:07 PM, said:

Wow did you get up on the wrong side of the bed. My point was the PC versions of multiplatform games (almost) always get the shaft. They're either canceled (like you said), simplified, cut down, rushed out, and buggy as hell. Seriously, who gives a fuck about Alan Wake. It's like still complaining about Halo being exclusive to Xbox. The big picture is what matters, not one game. Take a chill pill.

I will have to agree with you on this. When a game is just PC exclusive, it is usually a very well made game.

But when it's multiplatform, not so much. Some multiplatform games are good. But the majority of it is buggy and not so good.

This post has been edited by Bam050196: 24 September 2011 - 08:37 PM

If anybody else recalls, I was either the first or among the first ones to say that this project is going to fail, immediately after I found out about the shitty arrogant attitudes of fuegestef and fresch.
I was also the first one to say that Fresch is bossy, arrogant and incapable.
But since they have shown me how capable they really are and how much they will rock the scene with this project, I obviously have no more reason to state these insulting facts.
Right?

This was one of the first posts made by Fresch on this forum.
It's so funny to read it again now and decide if what he said back then has lived up to what he now has to offer and ask yourself if Fresch was or wasn't an overconfident arrogant failure like I called him back then...

View Postfresch, on 24 October 2010 - 02:40 PM, said:

Im sure every single team member, would agree on, that they have as much space as they want.
Every idea, suggestion, and decision is being taken collaboratively.

You dont know anything about my management skills, or methods - Or anything about the team.
I live off managing my own company, and have a BA in Management - But thats not the point.

The point is, that we have some EXTREMELY talented people on board, and the entire team is making one hell of an efford.

Im in no way the key decision maker on this project - I just want this project to become the best it can be.
And im confident that we can accomplish this together.

Some might say this is an example of how karma works but I don't believe in karma, so what ever.
What ever it might be, I do have to admit that I have a slight satisfaction to see them fail after Fresch was bragging and saying all of those big things that nobody was really swallowing.

So if at any point Fresch reads this post and feels that I am being a mean bastard with no soul, that's rubbing it in, I want to assure him that's exactly the case!

I am however a bit annoyed that I didn't get to see their so called "90% almost finished work" after losing my time reading their forums and their site...

Fresch... Man... You fail.

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 24 September 2011 - 10:24 PM

Theres always the Daikatana remake to look forward to right? RIGHT?

View PostThePinkus, on 24 September 2011 - 10:27 PM, said:

Theres always the Daikatana remake to look forward to right? RIGHT?

Yeah.
Especially if Fresch will be in charge of that!
I am quite sure that Fresch has the potential to make John Romero look good again by comparison.

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 24 September 2011 - 10:43 PM

User is offline   Person of Color 

• Senior Unpaid Intern at Viceland

Impossible. Romero is a pathological liar and a scallywag.

...to the point that he's only stuck making POS mobile games. How the mighty have fallen.

View PostDescent, on 24 September 2011 - 11:17 PM, said:

Impossible. Romero is a pathological liar and a scallywag.

Yeah, but when you are the final boss in one of your games and that game happens to be Doom2, you pretty much win no matter how much you lose after that.

User is offline   ---- 

Unrelated to the above posts:

You all know how bad the media embargo for you and also for us was (and is). We feel a bit like Kit Ramsey (Eddie Murphy) in "Bowfinger" whose biggest whish it is to show his tool to the L.A. Lakers Cheerleaders. But the people at scientolo... err "mind head" forbid it.

Another unfortuante fact is, that we must also not talk about things regarding DN3DR.

So the result are specualtions from all sides.

One fact I can say though is, that nobody of the team left or went away for the time being.

And of course I can understand that you speculate even more, because you had a look at the main forum page of dukenukemreloaded.com and then had a glimpse at the instant chat at the bottom of the page where Fred posted.

This post has been edited by fuegerstef: 25 September 2011 - 02:46 AM

• tile 1018

You know what's funny, DN3D:R has basically become the new DNF... We're getting speculations out the ass, with the difference being that it's not 3DR's game anymore. I think a release date that would be fitting is "When it's done." Even though it's more like "When we can."

Edit:
You know, I bet if somebody were to make a "revision" of DNMP, Gearbox wouldn't even give a shit.

This post has been edited by Spirrwell: 25 September 2011 - 05:11 AM

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

View PostMr.Deviance, on 24 September 2011 - 09:40 PM, said:

If anybody else recalls, I was either the first or among the first ones to say that this project is going to fail,

You were not the only one, you have no idea how many "Duke" related projects that I have seen on the HYPE train fail & burn.
Never helped this project that all it had to show was words and concept art. Anyone can draw fucking concept art these days, doesn't mean you have a product.

Did anyone on this so called team have any background on development with other games/mods?

These were the things I saw that made me see "fail" right away.

User is offline   ---- 

View PostThe Commander, on 25 September 2011 - 05:20 AM, said:

Anyone can draw fucking concept art these days, doesn't mean you have a product.

Look at what others said in this thread and in the "hate" thread. :( I mean those who saw the leaked stuff and got a glimpse at the livestream.

Just because you personally haven't seen a product doesn't mean there isn't any :P

PS: Even Gearbox has seen the product ... because concept art can be mailed. But a full presentation with a working product at GBX' headquarters can not. :(

This post has been edited by fuegerstef: 25 September 2011 - 05:47 AM

User is offline   Ronin 

No, I smell bullshit everywhere from all sides, why would the Reloaded team be on here hyping the game and discussing and defending it for 2 weeks solid then a day or two later...site closed and game on hold. Surely it doesnt happen like that? I mean over night, I would have thought a big dicision like that would be thought about for a while a least.

Gearbox robots are saying that it wasnt them that stopped the project, that could be just their way of saying we backed them into a corner so they had to stop. Maybe the project is better than the Reloaded expected and now they want some cash because they think they are on to something good, this would be a shame that would mean GREED stopped the project and if this is the case then you guys should never have been allowed touch the Duke ip and it should instead be given to the EDuke guys who do it for the community and love of the game not to get rich.

I will be very dissapointed if its fucking money at the root of the problem. It does seem that there is a curse on Nukem games (outside of build versions) they are doomed to be either average or shockingly shit, why cant people just make a modern Duke game and put it out there?

Thank Zeus for HRP.

I was extremely skeptical of this project at the beginning because, like others said before me, the vast majority fail. Especially the ones that start with a mountain of hype. Not just Duke Nukem related projects, but across the board. After seeing real progress my main concern became what was really on their license agreement. You cannot trust Gearbox and I warned you about this very thing.

On the bright side more people now realize how phony Gearbox truly is. They're probably going to cut another bullshit deal with the Reloaded team so they can cover their own asses from any media backlash.

What I see happening is the team will start their own original game that will never see completion because they can't get enough funding. It will look promising and cool and remain in beta forever. A few years later somebody will leak a trailer of Duke Nukem Reloaded.

What should happen is exactly what I mentioned yesterday. Send the trailer to every website that put you on the map in the first place. Shacknews, Voodoo Extreme, Evil Avatar, Kotaku, etc., and appeal to the public to contact Gearbox and demand they make this right.

@Ripemanewone
Yes it does happen that way. All the time.

This post has been edited by Mad Max RW: 25 September 2011 - 06:07 AM

• tile 1018

Well, just talking about it under speculation will do jack shit. We need information, and the only people that can give it to us (legally) is Gearbox. So what the hell can we do?

User is offline   ---- 

It is not about money as one has speculated.

Here is the quote from the dukenukemreloaded forum:

We don't have a problem with a media blackout - But when the license doesn't secure us a release, we can't justify spending so much time with the development, knowing that it might never see the light of the day.

And it is not like that we hadn't asked.

Somewhere else in that thread it is mentioned that there were long talks with Gearbox ... and although it isn't directly stated, these talks definately weren't about the weather. :(

http://www.dukenukem....php?f=9&t=2418

This post has been edited by fuegerstef: 25 September 2011 - 07:08 AM

You know feuger, for your own safety, I'd say just stop talking about it altogether until some official announcement pops up. All you're doing is teasing what might be or what might not be and seemingly implying that Gearbox are dicks. I'd just keep it on the down low when a company with lawyers is involved, even IF its their fault.

User is offline   Ronin 

View Postfuegerstef, on 25 September 2011 - 07:00 AM, said:

It is not about money as one has speculated.

Here is the quote from the dukenukemreloaded forum:

Glad its not about money, ok fair enough but why do you say "never see the light of day"? When its done its done no? On to the net and thats that if all else fails. How can it never be released, stuff gets leaked even DNF got leaked early so Gearbox cant really say shit if it happened.

So it is Gearbox not giving something as simple as a release garauntee, whats their motive for this eh, I can only assume it has something to do with money. They must remember that Duke Nukem is NOTHING without its fanbase and half of them have stopped caring after DNF, they might want to stop pissing Duke fans off unless they dont give a shit coz they plan on turning Duke into some emo pussy that paints pictures with shit and cuts himself and dyes his hair black to match his mood like in the new Devil May Cry game.

Like Double Dragon I have accepted the fact that I will never play a great new Duke game again. Why do people have to fuck things up when they are so simple to get right.

User is offline   ---- 

View PostThePinkus, on 25 September 2011 - 07:15 AM, said:

You know feuger, for your own safety, I'd say just stop talking about it altogether until some official announcement pops up. All you're doing is teasing what might be or what might not be and seemingly implying that Gearbox are dicks. I'd just keep it on the down low when a company with lawyers is involved, even IF its their fault.

I am only here to clarify false assumptions. For the rest there are the official statements from Gearbox and Interceptor.

TBH, most of the uproar is (understandably) caused by the fans who are disappointed (and I can understand that). But all will be fine:

As stated in the news: Development will be resumed when the time is right.

User is offline   Hank 

so, here too, if all statements are correct, it's better to do your own stuff.
I posted my thoughts on this and won't repost it. All the best to Duke or whatever. Posted Image

Share this topic:

• 14 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options