Duke4.net Forums: glitch on keyboard customization page - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

glitch on keyboard customization page

hello,

i have been playing eduke32 and i noticed a weird bug in the background of the keyboard controls customization page.
it is preventing me from customizing my keys because i cant make out what it says.
this didnt happen last november (last time i played duke3d with eduke32) and the DUKE3D.GRP file is the same and checksum matches.

attached are 2 screenshots i took with fraps.

thanks in advance sorry for poor english.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: eduke32 2011-07-28 22-25-32-90.jpg
  • Attached Image: eduke32 2011-07-28 22-25-38-27.jpg

User is offline   Player Lin 

Looks like it's the same bug that I was reported on 2008 on 3DR forum.

http://forums.3dreal...6876#post746876

And one of eduke32 developer's reply:
http://forums.3dreal...86&postcount=28

I was remember it was fixed (or not, I forgot) but I never check it anymore with recent snapshots... :\

This post has been edited by Player Lin: 29 July 2011 - 09:01 AM

View PostPlayer Lin, on 29 July 2011 - 08:56 AM, said:

Looks like

nope.
first of all i am not using unicode characters anywhere.
second the key bindings are fine just there is that glitch on the background that covers them so i cant see them clearly.
it doesnt happen in the beginning of the list only when i scroll down and reach certain points in the list.

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

I got your email about this, animal_ears. I think the problem does have something to do with keyboard keys for some reason having characters outside of the normal English ASCII character range. I guess it can be worked around by altering the text rendering function to display out of range characters as blanks or something.

View PostTX, on 29 July 2011 - 09:57 AM, said:

I got your email about this, animal_ears. I think the problem does have something to do with keyboard keys for some reason having characters outside of the normal English ASCII character range. I guess it can be worked around by altering the text rendering function to display out of range characters as blanks or something.

oh hey there

how can my keyboard have non ascii characters with eduke32?
my os (win 7 ultimate x64) has english as language set everywhere and my keyboard is a standard WASD one never gave me any problem
where should i change stuff?

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

Post your eduke32.log please...

View PostTX, on 29 July 2011 - 10:04 AM, said:

Post your eduke32.log please...

here you go

http://pastebin.com/G64ntA8E

User is offline   Player Lin 

eduke32 log of animal_ears said:

Switching kb layout from 00000410 to 00000410

It's Italian keyboard.

In my end, current eduke32 shapshots already switching my kb layout from 00000404 to 00000409 and I don't get that problem anymore...I guess it needed to set for every non-ascii kb setting?

View PostPlayer Lin, on 30 July 2011 - 04:19 AM, said:

In my end, current eduke32 shapshots already switching my kb layout from 00000404 to 00000409 and I don't get that problem anymore...I guess it needed to set for every non-ascii kb setting?

i have no clue what i am supposed to do to fix this.
my old laptop had italian keyboard set as well and nothing like this happened.
talking about last november btw.

User is offline   Helixhorned 

• EDuke32 Developer

Try the recent revision. It sets all non-ASCII characters for the key names to '?', but I agree with TX that this check better goes into the text rendering functions themselves.

View PostHelixhorned, on 30 July 2011 - 12:39 PM, said:

Try the recent revision. It sets all non-ASCII characters for the key names to '?', but I agree with TX that this check better goes into the text rendering functions themselves.

it works!
awesome!

User is offline   t800 

This problem is also connected with using TCs and mods. I dont know if it is already fixed, but year ago I tried Starship Troopers TC with Eduke32 and I had same bug with controls options.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options