Duke4.net Forums: Another important message about Duke Nukem Forever - Duke4.net Forums

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Another important message about Duke Nukem Forever

User is offline   randir14 

View PostAlithinos, on 16 May 2011 - 06:19 PM, said:

Oh,and on the top left of the screen there is the message "God Mode ON".
(yay! that means there are cheats.)

You can also see that the game has a dev console
http://cubeupload.com/im/Cxg6IY.jpg

User is offline   DN4EVR 

View Postrandir14, on 16 May 2011 - 06:47 PM, said:

You can also see that the game has a dev console
http://cubeupload.com/im/Cxg6IY.jpg

sweet...nice find. :)

User is offline   Alithinos 

View PostGf11speed, on 16 May 2011 - 06:26 PM, said:

I wouldn't worry too much about the minimum FPS. That looks like some kind of optimized debug build. Ship builds do not have any debug information whatsoever and are -- for the most part -- significantly faster than any of the debug builds.

That's good then. :)
For a moment I thought 9.93 was to low even if the avg is 88.5

User is offline   Mad Max RW 

I was more amused by learning AdamF is a puny asian guy. Explains a lot.

Do I get a cookie? I predicted the date right.

FAC my ass :)

User is offline   Twig 

View PostMad Max RW, on 16 May 2011 - 07:32 PM, said:

I was more amused by learning AdamF is a puny asian guy. Explains a lot.

Great work, man! :) I was already afraid that Duke4.net's forum wouldn't get racist.

User is offline   Twig 

View PostDI-MeisterM, on 16 May 2011 - 08:52 PM, said:

FAC my ass :D

Let's learn to read. With Twig! (hey, that rhymes!)

We have First, and then children, we have Access (check those c's and s's, not to make a mistake in spelling!) and the last word is... Club!
But what could this mean? :(

It's a club (check!) that get's the Duke Nukems Demo first (on 3rd june. before anybody else? yes! check). Meaning, that you too, DI-MeiserM, will get it before others, because you are the (and now read it with me, it's the important part)
a ) First
b ) Access
c ) Club
d ) Member

Yay! Isn't reading things as they are fun! :)

This post has been edited by Twig: 16 May 2011 - 09:48 PM

User is offline   DN4EVR 

View PostTwig, on 16 May 2011 - 09:37 PM, said:

Great work, man! :) I was already afraid that Duke4.net's forum wouldn't get racist.

Saying someone is a puny asian guy is racist? I must not get out much then.

View PostTwig, on 16 May 2011 - 09:47 PM, said:

We have First, and then children, we have Access (check those c's and s's, not to make a mistake in spelling!) and the last word is... Club!
But what could this mean? :D

It's a club (check!) that get's the Duke Nukems Demo first (on 3rd june. before anybody else? yes! check). Meaning, that you too, DI-MeiserM, will get it before others, because you are the (and now read it with me, it's the important part)
a ) First
b ) Access
c ) Club
d ) Member

Yay! Isn't reading things as they are fun! :(

I take it modesty isn't your strong point then? Yes his comment was a bit depressing to read but it wasn't worth so rude a reply, now was it?

This post has been edited by DN4EVR: 16 May 2011 - 09:52 PM

You know what Twig? You're right. From a legal point of view. But from a moral point of view? It's a kick into FAC's balls.

But I learned my lession: never again support something by Gearbox.

User is offline   DN4EVR 

View PostDI-MeisterM, on 16 May 2011 - 09:52 PM, said:

You know what Twig? You're right. From a legal point of view. But from a moral point of view? It's a kick into FAC's balls.

But I learned my lession: never again support something by Gearbox.

Dude, you're getting the demo before the game comes out....do you really need it that badly? Or is it such a slap in the face just because it comes out just 7 days before release & not now?

Dramatic much?

User is offline   DN4EVR 

This post has been edited by DN4EVR: 16 May 2011 - 09:54 PM

View PostDN4EVR, on 16 May 2011 - 09:53 PM, said:

Dude, you're getting the demo before the game comes out....do you really need it that badly? Or is it such a slap in the face just because it comes out just 7 days before release & not now?

Dramatic much?

Exactly, it's because of the 7 days before thing. Only because of that. I feel cheated big time.

User is offline   DN4EVR 

View PostDI-MeisterM, on 16 May 2011 - 09:54 PM, said:

Exactly, it's because of the 7 days before thing. Only because of that. I feel cheated big time.

Dude.lemme let you in on a big game developer secret: It's not about you. It's about the bottom line, then the gamer community AS A WHOLE, in that order.

Oh some much wise words in the morning is enough for me, I'm off to work.

User is offline   DN4EVR 

View PostDI-MeisterM, on 16 May 2011 - 09:58 PM, said:

Oh some much wise words in the morning is enough for me, I'm off to work.

All i'm saying is that if you pre-ordered Duke you could get a FREE code, as in one you didn't have to pay for...if you didn't and paid for it then that's a shame, but if you got a free FAC code then why complain?

Also what kind of work, if you don't mind my asking? :\

User is offline   Twig 

View PostDN4EVR, on 16 May 2011 - 09:50 PM, said:

Saying someone is a puny asian guy is racist? I must not get out much then.

No, but adding "explains a lot" is. Like the fact that he's a asian (and ofcourse the fact that asians are shorter is delivered in dimunitive 'puny') would automaticly mean "oh yeah, that's why he is like he is" (and in a negative way). Making generalizations based on ones race is racist. (edit: especially negative generalizations)

This post has been edited by Twig: 16 May 2011 - 10:33 PM

User is offline   ---- 

View PostGf11speed, on 16 May 2011 - 06:26 PM, said:

Ship builds do not have any debug information whatsoever...

I learn something new here everyday.

But what the hell was all the stuff in the games if it wasn't debug information???

User is offline   Twig 

View PostDN4EVR, on 16 May 2011 - 09:50 PM, said:

I take it modesty isn't your strong point then?

Have you noticed how much whining there has been since PAX in this forum and Gearbox's? I have listened it quietly for 9 months but even the fact that the game finally is coming and they _do_ get the demo before anybody else has not stopped the whining. Ugh. I just remember happy memories from my childhood of playing Duke 3D and it is in my nature to support the underdog (which 3D Realms became thanks to decade-long delay) and I want this game just to come out and be good, because the dedication of these developers and secondly because it would be just awesome. I like it, when things are awesome. Don't you agree?

Whining over every minute detail is not awesome. :)

(edit: sentence-structures were wonky. which was not awesome :/ )

This post has been edited by Twig: 17 May 2011 - 12:49 AM

User is offline   Johnny 

Okay, we have a Date! This is a great thing in DNF-History! But the hackers have advantages now! Oh, man...

This post has been edited by Johnny: 16 May 2011 - 10:32 PM

User is offline   DN4EVR 

View PostTwig, on 16 May 2011 - 10:26 PM, said:

Have you noticed how much whining there has been since PAX in this forum and Gearbox's? I have listened it quietly for 9 months but even the fact that the game finally is coming and they _do_ get the demo before anybody else has not stopped the whining. Ugh. I just remember happy memories from my childhood of plating Duke 3D and it is in my nature to support the underdog (which 3D Realms became thanks to decade-long delay) and I want this game just to come out and be good, because the dedication of these developers and secondly because it would be just awesome. I like it, when things are awesome. Don't you agree?

Whining over every minute detail is not awesome. :)

(edit: sentence-structures were wonky. which was not awesome :/ )

I also want the game and likt it when things are awesome, but I know there will always be the whiners and have come to just let it slide when such things are said and enjoy the finer things. :D

View PostYou, on 16 May 2011 - 04:01 PM, said:

What's killing me here is that it's just being used for a marketing line. Realistically the whole thing builds up to "but you got pre-order the game first". If anything this video is the first time I've worried about the game.

Yeah, I see what you mean. There was already talk that sales weren't doing good. This makes it look like a desperation move. There aren't many marketing schemes that are scarier than trying your damnest to get people to forget the "try before you buy" policy.

This post has been edited by wayskobfssae: 16 May 2011 - 11:48 PM

User is offline   Engel220 

Call me easily satisfied but I'm actually content with this news. Only the FAC is getting the demo (I know it's really a massive club that loads of people are in, but I'd rather be in it than not), we have a date for it, and it'll be something we haven't seen. Score! June 3rd is quite a wait, but I can be a man and wait unil then, and, if anything, I'm more excited now than I ever was before.

This post has been edited by Engel220: 17 May 2011 - 12:08 AM

User is offline   X-Vector 

View Postwayskobfssae, on 16 May 2011 - 11:47 PM, said:

Yeah, I see what you mean. There was already talk that sales weren't doing good. This makes it look like a desperation move. There aren't many marketing schemes that are scarier than trying your damnest to get people to forget the "try before you buy" policy.

Probably the worst thing about this is that non-FAC members (by far the biggest portion of potential customers) are purposely left in the dark.
We're not going to get the demo at the 3rd of June, that's clear; what's not clear is when we do get it or if there will be a non-FAC demo at all.
First Access could mean first access to the demo, it could also mean first playable access to the game, while everybody else is denied a chance to give it a trial run, either before or after release.

Actually, I just now noticed the following text on the FAC page: "Receive future exclusive benefits, including access to the Duke Nukem Forever demo, via email."
Notice the combination of "exclusive" and "access" rather than "first access" or "early access", I hope I'm reading too much into this.

View Postthemaniacboy, on 16 May 2011 - 03:21 PM, said:

Nice night for a walk.

Nice night for a walk.
Posted Image

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 17 May 2011 - 01:19 AM

User is offline   You 

View PostTwig, on 16 May 2011 - 09:47 PM, said:

On what planet does that rhyme?

User is offline   Striker 

• Auramancer

View PostAlithinos, on 16 May 2011 - 06:19 PM, said:

Might be useless,but did anybody noticed the stats on the monitor where the guy plays DNF ?
It's on 0:43

On the HUD I noticed a text saying Release Build, and of course the FPS which seems a little weird to me.

Maximum FPS: 220.52
Average FPS: 88.55
Minimum FPS: 9.93
(Isn't unusual to have 220 max,10 min ?)

Oh,and on the top left of the screen there is the message "God Mode ON".
(yay! that means there are cheats.)

Stress tests perhaps. Or they were doing something that wouldn't happen in normal gameplay.

I don't know why everyone is so worried and panicky now, yeah, June 3rd is cutting it far too close, I agree, but it doesn't mean the game is failing to sell.

There was already talk that sales weren't doing good.

Yeah, from one person. A friend of someone's who worked at an EB Games, in Australia. The sales/preorders in ONE store != the performance of sales around the world.

It's a similar idea to how it is in my town; there's likely only going to be a few DNF purchases, among myself and my friends. This is especially considering this is a small town with a population of only 10,000 people.

This post has been edited by StrikerMan780: 17 May 2011 - 04:25 AM

User is offline   Hank 

View PostX-Vector, on 17 May 2011 - 12:53 AM, said:

Probably the worst thing about this is that non-FAC members (by far the biggest portion of potential customers) are purposely left in the dark.

Common – those FAC members will post and quote and show videos or whatever else one can think off. I feel sorry for the admins already. Looking at the FAC member list– if anyone of those make new topics, or update their Blog, Twitter or YouTube account and link here, the non FAC people are anything but in the dark. As You (the forum member that named herself You) (and please get a normal nick! ) stated before, it's one hell of a clever advertisement plan.

This post has been edited by Hank: 17 May 2011 - 04:14 AM

User is offline   Twig 

View PostYou, on 17 May 2011 - 03:30 AM, said:

On what planet does that rhyme?

In their pronunciation. Rhyme is a matter of sounding, not matter of transcription. Ofcourse, I'm not a native english speaker so maybe I pronounce the things wrong but to my ear these things rhyme. And rhymes can be alot more complex things thant just street-meet. (I'm a literature student, so I have studied the matter abit).

User is offline   You 

View PostTwig, on 17 May 2011 - 04:14 AM, said:

In their pronunciation. Rhyme is a matter of sounding, not matter of transcription. Ofcourse, I'm not a native english speaker so maybe I pronounce the things wrong but to my ear these things rhyme. And rhymes can be alot more complex things thant just street-meet. (I'm a literature student, so I have studied the matter abit).

I'm really taking this too far, but listen: http://tts.imtranslator.net/G2KD

User is offline   Mad Max RW 

View PostTwig, on 16 May 2011 - 09:37 PM, said:

I'm referring to the guy having a napoleon complex at the Gearbox forums. Sheesh. Touchy. I bet you voted for Obama.

This post has been edited by Mad Max RW: 17 May 2011 - 04:48 AM

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options