Duke4.net Forums: Another important message about Duke Nukem Forever - Duke4.net Forums

• 4 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Another important message about Duke Nukem Forever

User is offline   Alithinos 

They did it again... Watch this video. :)

http://www.youtube.c...player_embedded

This post has been edited by Alithinos: 16 May 2011 - 03:26 PM

I just saw this one FACEBOOK haha. June 3. ONLY FOR FAC MEMBERS.

That video fucking scared me!

This post has been edited by Jhect: 16 May 2011 - 03:08 PM

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

Thats cutting it really damn close.

View PostJhect, on 16 May 2011 - 03:08 PM, said:

I just saw this one FACEBOOK haha. June 3. ONLY FOR FAC MEMBERS.

That video fucking scared me!

Yeah me too! :)
I was afraid they would delay it once more.
Haha.

User is offline   LkMax 

Damn it, I expected the demo to come this week...

User is offline   ferran275 

not sure how to feel right now, that is REALLY friggin close, to the point where I'm thinking I don't really even care might as well just wait the extra 10 days and play the full thing. Eh, maybe I'll just take my time through Duke 3D one more time, that should keep me busy until release.

User is offline   randir14 

Hmm...no mention of when the demo will go public. I'm guessing after the game is released.

Nice night for a walk.
I'll surely need some fresh air after watching this.

This post has been edited by themaniacboy: 16 May 2011 - 03:30 PM

User is offline   Master Fibbles 

• I have the power!

Eh. The demo will be released for non FAC members then after the game is released.

View Postthemaniacboy, on 16 May 2011 - 03:21 PM, said:

If you would be so kind to please change the title of the thread to something else please.
It is such an spoiler and this was supposed to be a suprise.

People where dying to learn that stuff.. Especially members of this forum.
Do you really think they need more tease ?

Watched it a second time..

I still can't believe it.

This post has been edited by themaniacboy: 16 May 2011 - 03:31 PM

View Postthemaniacboy, on 16 May 2011 - 03:25 PM, said:

Yes, after all, it is such an relieve to find out it was all just a joke in the end.
And that makes this video funny.

OK then. :)

I bet they planned this the moment they found out they needed the delay.

View PostAlithinos, on 16 May 2011 - 03:26 PM, said:

OK then. :)

Watched the video 2 times, still damn funny.

This post has been edited by themaniacboy: 16 May 2011 - 03:54 PM

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

View Postthemaniacboy, on 16 May 2011 - 03:29 PM, said:

Thanks, i appreciate it if you do that.

I will also die of laughter when i see the comments around here in a few hours.

Edit

Ah, goddamnit.
We can cut the act.

Green( no offense ) ruined the suprise, it's on the front page.

WHO CARES!? Its just another tease for what is really a... big woop level of news... Yay, the demo is coming out a whole week before the game is released... For select people, only. Who cares if the joke of a minute long video is "spoiled"? Its not that big a deal at this stage. Posted Image

I was about to say "i knew it!" when i saw that dude with another sign... i thought it was going to get delayed again... lol XD

This post has been edited by GothicBunny: 16 May 2011 - 03:52 PM

View PostCommando Nukem, on 16 May 2011 - 03:40 PM, said:

WHO CARES!? Its just another tease for what is really a... big woop level of news... Yay, the demo is coming out a whole week before the game is released... For select people, only. Who cares if the joke of a minute long video is "spoiled"? Its not that big a deal at this stage. Posted Image

I just would like to know what the comments would be around here if nobody spoiled it, but yeah, fuck that, we got the date now.
Now it's just the waiting part that's the hardest, heck, we've waited for 14 years, but never knew a date, now we know two and these will be slowest weeks ever.

This post has been edited by themaniacboy: 16 May 2011 - 03:53 PM

User is offline   You 

View PostCommando Nukem, on 16 May 2011 - 03:40 PM, said:

What's killing me here is that it's just being used for a marketing line. Realistically the whole thing builds up to "but you got pre-order the game first". If anything this video is the first time I've worried about the game.

SWEET this rules

User is offline   zwieback 

a bit late.

User is offline   Hank 

View Postthemaniacboy, on 16 May 2011 - 03:21 PM, said:

Nice night for a walk.
I'll surely need some fresh air after watching this.

So far best post to my thinking. It a chilly night, but it's time to get some fresh air and let it think in, DNF will come out on the 14th. Posted ImagePosted Image

User is offline   DN4EVR 

View PostHank, on 16 May 2011 - 04:03 PM, said:

So far best post to my thinking. It a chilly night, but it's time to get some fresh air and let it think in, DNF will come out on the 14th. Posted ImagePosted Image

You mean SINK in, right? Dammit Randy, your editing team messed up AGAIN! :)

eXCEC...EXECUTIVE........lol :D

View PostHank, on 16 May 2011 - 04:03 PM, said:

Nice thinking and yes it was a chilly night, but that doesn't matter because it was so relaxing.

User is offline   DN4EVR 

View Postthemaniacboy, on 16 May 2011 - 04:29 PM, said:

Nice thinking and yes it was a chilly night, but that doesn't matter because it was so relaxing.

So, are you playing any DN3D(with HRP even) in anticipation of this epic date? :)

User is offline   muskydragon 

• Yatta is a dictator! :)

The Demo is nothing special.. just wait for the Full Game. Right now I am all laughing at you all cause ill probably play the full game before june 3.

*laughs at you all* FOOLS!!! :)

User is offline   DN4EVR 

View Postmuskydragon, on 16 May 2011 - 04:39 PM, said:

The Demo is nothing special.. just wait for the Full Game. Right now I am all laughing at you all cause ill probably play the full game before june 3.

*laughs at you all* FOOLS!!! :)
I love demos sometimes....even if it ain't the full game. I consider it an appetizer before the main course, and not a snack that'll spoil dinner. :D

User is offline   randir14 

The guy with the sign is AdamF. A few days ago on the Gearbox forum he mentioned a "surprise". Today he said the demo date wasn't the surprise, and some people noticed he's holding a second sign towards the end of the video. What could it be?

This post has been edited by randir14: 16 May 2011 - 05:53 PM

User is offline   DN4EVR 

View Postrandir14, on 16 May 2011 - 05:53 PM, said:

The guy with the sign is AdamF. A few days ago on the Gearbox forum he mentioned a "surprise". Today he said the demo date wasn't the surprise, and some people noticed he's holding a second sign towards the end of the video. What could it be?
Isn't he the "dick" people hate now for banning them? He doesn't LOOK like a bad dude...but then again looks can be deceiving.

Also, the sign is a pic of Goatse filled with blue waffle, the ultimate final middle finger to the FAC members. Bet on it!

Might be useless,but did anybody noticed the stats on the monitor where the guy plays DNF ?
It's on 0:43

On the HUD I noticed a text saying Release Build, and of course the FPS which seems a little weird to me.

Maximum FPS: 220.52
Average FPS: 88.55
Minimum FPS: 9.93
(Isn't unusual to have 220 max,10 min ?)

Oh,and on the top left of the screen there is the message "God Mode ON".
(yay! that means there are cheats.)

This post has been edited by Alithinos: 16 May 2011 - 06:24 PM

User is offline   Gf11speed 

View PostAlithinos, on 16 May 2011 - 06:19 PM, said:

Might be useless,but did anybody noticed the stats on the monitor where the guy plays DNF ?
It's on 0:43

On the HUD I noticed a text saying Release Build, and of course the FPS which seems a little weird to me.

Maximum FPS: 220.52
Average FPS: 88.55
Minimum FPS: 9.93
(Isn't unusual to have 220 max,10 min ?)

Oh,and on the top left of the screen there is the message "God Mode ON".
(yay! that means there are cheats.)

I wouldn't worry too much about the minimum FPS. That looks like some kind of optimized debug build. Ship builds do not have any debug information whatsoever and are -- for the most part -- significantly faster than any of the debug builds.

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options